Act like we are strangers

I Belong To You

 

This morning in Jung resident, only both of them have breakfast together. However, today they don’t discuss about the current issues, but they discussed about Park Shin Hye, their soon to be daughter in law.

“Yobo.. what do you think about Shin Hye?” Mrs. Jung asked while spreading the butter on the bread. Mr. Jung who is reading the newspaper closed it and folds the newspaper.

“Well… she’s a nice girl.” He then takes a sip of his coffee.

“That’s it? She is going to be our daughter in law and you only said that?” his wife statement makes him turns his head and face her. “Daughter in law? Who said that? I don’t remember that we already decide who is the best for YunHo.”

Mrs. Jung sighed angrily. “Does that mean you are choosing that doctor?”

Mr. Jung shook his head. “It’s YunHo who will get married. Not us. You better let him choose or in the future, he will blame it on us.”

 

 

 

For one week, YunHo doesn’t contact Hye Ran at all. She always checking on her phone and still, no messages nor call from him. That goes the same to YunHo. Every time he holds his phone, his heart will swiftly pressed Hye Ran number, but just when he wants to pressed the call button, the image where Hye Ran is laughing and hugged happily in the man arms makes him furious. At last, one week passed like that.

“Appa!”

They are having breakfast together and this morning Hye Ran couldn’t breakfast with them as she got early surgery. Mr. Park stops talking with his wife and turns his attention to her. “What is it?”

Shin Hye blushed and cutely asks, “Doesn’t today YunHo oppa will come back?”

Upon hearing that question, YooChun somehow doesn’t like YunHo. He didn’t meet him yet but there’s something about his client that makes his heart temperature suddenly rise.

Mrs. Park answered, “Aigoo.. look at she..  not patient enough to meet him?”

Mr. Park smiled and look at YooChun, “Why are you not eating?” YooChun stands up and pushed his chair back to the position, “I’m sorry, I lose my appetite.” He grabs his car keys and his briefcase and walked out the door.

“What happen to oppa?” Shin Hye asks her parent. Mr. Park and Mrs. Park shrugged their shoulder.

 

 

 

“Yoboseyo….”

“Yoboseyo… YunHo ah..” ChangMin who keep waiting until the day YunHo returns to Korea to tell him about YooChun and Hye Ran called him.

“Oh ChangMin ah. Why are you calling?” YunHo just arrived at Incheon Airport and his driver picks him up.

“I have something about Hye Ran. Let’s meet up.”

The young pilot only has tonight as tomorrow morning he will have to fly to London. He wants to tell him   before he goes.

YunHo paused when he heard ChangMin mentioned Hye Ran. It’s already been a long time I heard her name. He thought. “I’m sorry ChangMin ah.. I already have an appointment tonight. Tomorrow maybe?” It’s true. His mother already called him just before ChangMin called him. She informed him that he will be meeting someone at Hilton Hotel tonight.

ChangMin sighed. “Tomorrow cannot. I will be flying to London. I will only be back on next month.”

YunHo don’t know what to do too unless he waits until ChangMin back to Korea. “Fine then. I will wait for you. Or if you can’t wait to tell me, you can tell me now.”

“No no.. I will tell you when we meet. I’m hanging up.” He said and hangs up. ChangMin then goes upstairs to pack his things for tomorrow. After he finished, he sat on his bed and his gaze fell on the picture of him with YunHo and Hye Ran. Ever since Hye Ran is suddenly come into his life again, he purposely put the picture on his bedside table.

“How come you knew YooChun hyung?” he mumbled while staring at the picture. Suddenly he gets a call. He takes a look at the caller ID and smiled.

“Owh Shin Hye ah.. wae?”

“Oppa… what are you doing?” She is lying on her bed while staring at the picture of her with ChangMin and YunHo on their graduation day.

“I just finished packing my things. Why you suddenly call me? Do you miss me?” He teased and Shin Hye replies it with a puke sound.

“Don’t you ever wish!! Why are you packing your things? Going somewhere?” She flipped one of the pages in the photo album.

“Yeah. I’m going to London tomorrow.”  

Shin Hye caressed YunHo picture and suddenly there’s a knock on her door. “Yea?”

“Shin Hye ah, the dinner is tonight.” Her mom said when she opens the door. Shin Hye so excited when she heard the news until she forgot she is talking to ChangMin on the phone. She clapped her hands cutely and don’t know how but her fingers accidentally touched on the display, hangs up the call.

ChangMin on the other side keeps ‘hello-ing’ her. He shrugged his shoulder and just when he wants to stands up, his eyes fell on the picture frame again.

“Wait a minute….” Suddenly there’s something playing in his head. He tries to remember the time when YooChun once said his sister name.

“Oh my god! Why I didn’t notice it before? Shin Hye is YooChun’s sister. Also, Hye Ran is Shin Hye best friend. Then, that’s mean…..” The scene where Hye Ran and YooChun look so comfortable with each other when he met them last week keep replaying in his head. Moreover, Hye Ran is calling YooChun oppa. “Are they together now?”

 

 

 

 

Night comes and YunHo already at the Hilton Hotel to wait for his guest. He is gazing the night view of Seoul City when suddenly he is approached by someone. He turns his head and surprised.

“Anneyong haseyo YunHo oppa..”

There she is, Park Shin Hye, wearing the mini black dress with tiny pearls around her neck standing in front of him. YunHo stands up and let out a little laugh.

“Waah… Shin Hye ah.. What a surprise!” YunHo helps her to sit down and continue to let out his amusement. “How did… waah.. you grow up to be a beautiful lady..”

Shin Hye is blushed when she heard YunHo calls her so casual. She personally love the way YunHo called her name. 

“What do you do now?” YunHo asks when the waiter appears to take their order. “Here’s the menu.” He hands her the menu.

“Shin Hye ah, what do you want to eat?” He asks her since she haven’t order anything.

“Hmm.. Let’s see.. How about oppa order it for me?” She elegantly put her hand under her chin. He smiles and hand the menu to the waiter. “2 set A.”

The waiter bows to them and left. “So, continue with my question. What do you do now?”

She puts down her hands on laps, “I’m a fashion designer.” She said it in so lady like and YunHo admits that Shin Hye really make him smiles like crazy. He is so lucky that Shin Hye is one of his junior that he closed with.

“Wow… a fashion designer… good!” He makes the thumbs up and she giggled cutely.

 

 

 

“Doctor Park, isn’t your shift already end?” Ye Eun as usual will always check on the doctor room before going home.

Hye Ran who is in her deep thoughts while looking at the news about Jung YunHo on the business korea website didn’t noticed Ye Eun is standing at her door. The small petite nurse walked to her side and smiled upon sawing the picture of smiling YunHo.

“If you miss him, then why not you tell him?” Ye Eun whispers at Hye Ran ear making her jumped a bit.

“You shocked me!” She playfully hits on Ye Eun arms.

“Oww!! It hurts!!” Ye Eun hit Hye Ran back. They both really close as Ye Eun and Hye Ran started working at the same day in this hospital. They then both laughed. Ye Eun take a sit on the chair that already situated in front of her.

“So, what’s the problem here?”

She puts her head on the desk and sighed. “I don’t know…”

“What do you mean you don’t know? If you like him then you need to confess.” Hye Ran now sits properly. “What if he doesn’t see me that way? Then our friendship will totally be ruined.”

Ye Eun stands up, “Whatever happens after you confesses, we can discuss it later. Right now, get your off that chair and we go to the parking lot together.” Hye Ran smirked and quickly takes off her doctor coat and grabs her handbag.

She arrives home and surprised to see her house is dark black. “Where is everybody?” She takes out her iPhone and pressed ‘1’. “Yoboseyo…Appa..” She takes out her house key. “Where are you? Oh okay.. Oppa too? Okay okay…” She hangs up and switch on the lights once she stepped inside the house.

“Appa and umma were at YunHo sshi house. YooChun oppa is still at office. What will I do then?” She locked the door and climbs the stairs. Once she steps inside her room, she saw a roll of paper on her desk.

“Of course. His project.” She threw her handbag and take a nice hot shower since she is so tired today. After she wears her pajamas, she quickly ties her hair into a nice ponytail and spread the large paper on her desk. She then takes out her notes when she first met with YunHo and starts to do the work she enjoys besides working as a doctor.

 

 

 

 

“Omo!! I still remember that!” Shin Hye covers and laughed. YunHo can’t stop himself from gazing at Shin Hye.

“So, oppa, tell me….” Shin Hye takes a sip of her wine.

“Tell you what?”

“Do you already have a girlfriend?” YunHo stops from chewing the food inside his mouth. After he swallowed it, he finally sees why Shin Hye meets him tonight. “Hmm… I don’t have one. Why?”

 Shin Hye may be appeared as calm as cat but inside, she is cheering loudly. “Why? Because you have high taste on woman?”

YunHo laughed. “No. because I never have the time to find one. You have one? Maybe you can introduce your friend for me.” YunHo purposely teases her to make sure whether his assumption just now is correct or not.

Shin Hye unknowingly pouts her cheek. “No, I don’t have anyone.” Now is YunHo turns to cheer inside him because that little pouts just now has proven that his theory is correct.

“Shin Hye ah.. Is my mom told you to date me?” YunHo stared into the beautiful eyes of hers and she is gulping down her own saliva.

“Should I say busted?” She asks and YunHo laugh quiet loud, making few customers looking at their way.

“That is so obvious you know.” He answered and she only gives a small hehe laugh.

YunHo pays for the bill for the dinner and them both walks to her car. “I already have your number, whenever I have free time, I will call you okay.” He ruffles Shin Hye hair.

“Oppa… you are making my hair look bad.” She complaints while she fixed her hair.

“Good night.” YunHo turned to go to his car when suddenly Shin Hye calls his name. He turns back and she is right in front of him. YunHo seems to be in shock so he takes a little step backwards.

“Oppa.. what are you answer then?” She is blushing now but better she asks rather than keep holding in herself otherwise, she couldn’t sleep tonight.

YunHo smirked and take a deep breath. “I will think about it.”

Shin Hye takes a small step forward and kiss him on the lips. Just a small pecked. After letting go, she quickly enters her car and fans herself.

YunHo turned back and walks to his car.

“Don’t put too much hope on me Shin Hye ah.. I, myself, still don’t know about my feeling.”

 

 

 

 

“Hye Ran ah.. are you asleep?” YooChun knocked on the Hye Ran door. He received no answer and twists the door knob.

“Haizz… this girl.. ” He spotted Hye Ran is sleeping in sitting position while her head is on the paper she just finished it before she falls asleep. YooChun stands beside her and take a look at the sketch.

“Wow… she can finish it despite her busy schedule.” He then looks down. “Thank you Hye Ran ah…”  YooChun kneel and kissed her cheek. That kiss makes Hye Ran half awake.

“Oppa ah….” YooChun stands up back and asked, “Why?”

“I’m so tired.” He laughed and picks her up in bridal style and put it on her bed. When he is putting the blanket on her, Hye Ran mumbles in her sleep.

He then takes a sit beside her on her bed. His right hand is slowly approaching Hye Ran cheek and caressed it. But he stops when he heard Hye Ran mumbles, “I miss you….”

 YooChun stands up and switch off the lights. He closed the door and leaned against it while playing with the back of his hair.

“You are her brother for God sake.”

He mumbles but still can be heard by the person who has been watching YooChun since he steps inside Hye Ran room.

“My son.. what the heck are you thinking?”

 

 

 

 

The next day, Hye Ran calls Ye Eun to inform her that she will be at the hospital around noon as she have to discuss with YunHo company. She gets down for breakfast and sits beside YooChun.

“No no no… From today onwards, you can’t sit there anymore.” Mrs. Park quickly makes her stands up and makes her sits beside her. Luckily that time, YooChun and the others haven’t get down yet.

“Bu why? I always sit beside oppa.” She just want to know that why she have to sit beside her mom instead of her oppa, but Mrs. Park didn’t answers her and keep on ignoring the question until YooChun and the others get down for breakfast. He walks to the dining table.

“Hye Ran ah.. that is Shin Hye seat right? Come here…” YooChun pulled the chair but Hye Ran doesn’t move. “What are you waiting for?”

“From today onwards, she is going to sit beside me and Shin Hye will sit beside you.” Shin Hye who is just walks feels weird. “But why?”

Now all her three children is looking at her, demanding an answer.

“Just do what I say!”

 

 

 

YunHo is typing his document when suddenly his intercom beeps. He pressed one of the buttons there and his PA voice can be heard.

“I’m sorry for interrupting Director Jung, but there’s someone from Panda Design would like to see you.”

YunHo stops from typing when he heard his PA mentioned, Panda Design. “It must be her.” He thought. “Araso.. let her in.”

He is trying to make himself busy but immediately stop when he hears the door click sound.

“Anneyong haseyo..” 

Ah that voice… how I miss her…” YunHo sighed deeply and gather his courage to take a look at the doctor in front of him.

“I’m sorry for not making any appointment with you. I just want to let you see my sketch whether you satisfied with it or not. I already put all the things that you mention that day.”

Surprisingly, she said it calmly despite her heart is like jumping out of her chest already. On the other side, is YunHo who can’t keep his posture right. He supposed to invite Hye Ran have a sit but until now, Hye Ran is still standing there while waiting for his answer to let him see her sketch.

He clears his throat and finally invites her to have a seat. She takes a seat on the chair in front of his desk and Hye Ran takes out her paper. Because she finds it hard to explain while she is sitting down, she stands up and explains to him.

But YunHo doesn’t listen to any single thing she said, he only stared at Hye Ran as the image Hye Ran with YooChun keep replaying in his mind. She who notices didn’t gives attention on what she is saying, putting her both hand on YunHo desk.

“YunHo sshi.. do you hear me?”

She snapped her finger in front of YunHo and he jumped a bit. “I’m sorry, I was…. Never mind,  can you explain it one more time?”

Hye Ran nodded her head. She turns the paper to face YunHo and she explains it one more time.

“And at the corner, as you can see, I will add some touch there. Whether I will put a standing lamp or plant maybe..?”

“Where? Which corner?” YunHo asked. Hye Ran bends down her body and points it to YunHo. “Ohh…” He looks up and gulped down his own saliva when he realized that their face is really close to each other as he can smell the lavender scent coming from her loose bun and of course, that cologne that he always use can be smell by Hye Ran.

She quickly stands up properly and clears . “So…. do you like it?”

“Yeah.. I love lavender” YunHo mumbles.

“I’m sorry?” She didn’t catch it and when YunHo realizes what does he said just now, he quickly said, yes.

“Okay then, I will contact you next time when I already done with colors then we can start to make it real.” She picks up her briefcase and bows to him.

“Thank you YunHo sshi…” She walks to the door and YunHo stands up.

“Want to have lunch?” He rubbed the back of his hair. They are fine before this but today they treated each other like strangers.

“It’s only 10.45 YunHo sshi..” She turns to say that and then walked out from the office. YunHo immediately flopped on his seat and let out a sighed.

Meanwhile, Hye Ran is pressing the lift button as many as she can as if that action will make the lift goes up faster than it should be.

Why I’m like this? I’m supposed to be pro in front of him!” Hye Ran mentally smacked herself.

 

 

 

 

She parks her car at her parking lot then walk to the main door. She swiftly pressed the elevator button when suddenly her hand being drags by someone. She looks up and to her surprise, it was YunHo.

“Wa-….” She tries to say but YunHo cuts her off.

“Just follow me..”

Although her hand is hurting her but she keeps silence until they arrive at YunHo car. He let go of her hand and opens the car door for her.

She is hesitating whether she wants to step inside or not. At last, Hye Ran turns around, ready to walk away when YunHo said, “Please.. ”

She turns to face YunHo again and take a good look at him. “Why…..” Again, he cuts her off.

“Please… just get in, I will explain to you later.”

She has no choice and step inside the car. YunHo too walks to his seat and drives off.

YunHo bought her to the park where he stops last time when he saw the sunflower. They both get off and Hye Ran follows YunHo to where is he going. He keeps walking until he reaches the sunflower.

“This… do you remember anything?”

Hye Ran walks forward and holds the sunflower. She caressed it and sighed lightly. “What should I remember anyway?”

 He becomes confused. The sunflower is the symbol of their secret relationship during high school. “Don’t you remember anything?” He holds her shoulder.

Hye Ran had enough. First he didn’t tell her where he went last time and this morning he is treating like stranger and now he wants her to remember something. She forcefully pushed away YunHo hand and takes a step backwards.

“Park Hye Ran….”

She closed her eyes when she heard YunHo calls her name. It’s true, she already starts to fall in love with this guy but she knows she can’t tell him that. They just met and that will be so awkward if she confess to him.

“YunHo sshi..” She opens her eyes and stared at the pair of eyes in front of her. “What are you trying to tell me actually?” He takes a step forward but Hye Ran stops him. “No. you stand there. You listen what I want to tell you first.”

YunHo stops and put his feet back where it was just now. “I… Tell me YunHo sshi.. did I do something wrong?”

“Why do you say like that?”

“That morning, you asks me whether I already at the hospital, I wait for you and you didn’t show up. I expect you will send a message or a call maybe telling me why you didn’t show up. But for entire week, you keep silencing yourself. And this morning, you treated me like I was a stranger to you. Tell me.. Why you treat me like that? ”

She then looks at the other directions, avoiding seeing the pair of eyes that makes her heart flutter, even in this kind of condition.

YunHo let out a sighed. “It’s not that you did anything wrong, it just…” He couldn’t say it. He couldn’t say he likes her as he still confused to his own feeling. Sure, he has memories with her but with the current condition of her; he can’t help but to take a look at other option.

“Okay look. When you have a free day, just gives me a call. I will tell you.” He said and Hye Ran nodded her head. She is too tired to think about this thing. YunHo then put his hand around her shoulder and together they walk to the car. Before they go away, Hye Ran takes one last look at the sunflower and then turns back her head.

 

 

 

 

Shin Hye couldn’t focus on her work at all today. All she thinks about is Jung YunHo, her future husband. She will sometimes stares at the sweet couple that passed through her boutique and will imagine that YunHo and her will walks like that too. Or she will take out her note book and doodled YunHo name and put a lot of hearts around the name.

“You act like he is your first love.” Ah-Ra said while sweeping the floor. Shin Hye mumbles her favorite love song and look at Ah-Ra. “He is my first love.”

That plump girl is shocked. “Really? Waah.. You are so lucky. I wish I will get married with my first love too.” Shin Hye giggled while keep drawing hearts on the page.

“I really like him Ah-Ra ah…”

She said it cutely and hugs the note book.