Today is the day...

I Belong To You

 

“I’m leaving this country!”

Upon hearing that statement came out from her, he unbelievably leaves her alone there while shaking his head right and left.

“Senior Jung…” She said above whisper however YunHo just ignore her.

 

 

She weakly opens the door of ChangMin house and unaware about the two pairs of eyes that widen since they heard Hye Ran open the door. The thing is, they are cuddling on the sofa while watching TV, by the moment they heard Hye Ran opens the door, they just post awkwardly on the sofa. In other hand, Hye Ran actually doesn’t give a damn about that. Her head is full with YunHo hurt expression just now. And now, she is deciding whether she is making a correct decision.

 

 

YunHo steps into his office with a slight anger and that’s make the other workers become curious on what happen to their boss. But with the rumor saying he will get married in 2 days more, they assume, it must be the stress he got from Mrs.Jung to be.

He threw his file on the desk and huffed on his seat, “how can she do that? Doesn’t it such a luck for us both seeing that ChangMin and Shin Hye actually love each other?” he put his both fist under his chin and puffed his cheek, “even until mid-30, I still don’t understand how woman thinks.”

 

“What happen to her?” Shin Hye asks, ready to stand up, to meet Hye Ran. But ChangMin knew Hye Ran just want to be alone right now, so he quickly grab Shin Hye wrist, making her fall on the sofa.

“Don’t go. She maybe tired.”

Shin Hye nodded in understanding and back to her position before, comfortably snuggling to ChangMin.

 

“Son, meet me at the hotel during your lunch break ok. Shin Hye will be here too. I want to see you both rehearse.”

YunHo sighed after he read the text message. Next two days will be his wedding. Knowing Shin Hye is in love with ChangMin doesn’t help him either and the news about Hye Ran wants to leave this country making his head more miserable.

Until now, he still doesn’t get why Hye Ran and him couldn’t be together if Shin Hye and him didn’t get married. Yes, it’s true that his mom doesn’t like her however, he is very sure, eventually she will like her wife after time passed.

“Fine, if you want to go, go. I will not stop you.” Is the only thing he said to her when he heard Hye Ran picked her phone just now.

Hye Ran stared blankly at her phone in her hand, YunHo hang up on her few seconds ago. Doesn’t this conclusion she wants? But why her heart feels terribly in pain right now?

 

She puts down her phone when she heard someone knocking on the door. After she gave permission, ChangMin reveal himself.

“Hey.”

Hye Ran replied with a simple hey too and crossed her legs on the bed, while ChangMin take a seat beside her. “What’s going on?”

He flashes his smile and pats on her knees, “how about, you tell me what’s going on?”

She immediately buried her face to ChangMin well build chest and said, “I really love him senior. I really do. But I’m afraid of our future together. It seems his family will never like me, thus I’m afraid of taking the chances.”

Shin Hye stands behind the door and quietly listen to HyeRan confession, without letting both of them know she’s there. 

He kiss the top of Hye Ran head and whisper to her, “well Hye Ran, it seems like we have the same problem. If you afraid of YunHo family, then I’m afraid of Shin Hye family. They once choose YunHo as their son in law and until this moment,  I still thinking how will they reach once they found out I’m the one who already stole their daughter heart. The thought that I can withstand YunHo quality is ridiculous.”

ChangMin words make her heart feels a little bit ease, and now, she already know what will she do to end this  misery.

“Believe me Senior, if YunHo didn’t come into my life, I will surely fall to you.” She hugs him tight.

“Me too.” He said above whisper.

 

 

 

“Good…. Good….. Good…”

YunHo and Shin Hye look at each other and pretend to smile.

“Now, after you both officially become husband and wife, I want you to turn around and smile to the reporters. I want them to take a very beautiful picture of both of you. ” Mrs. Jung said while Mrs. Park nodded her head with a happy smile paste on his face.            

Although she is happy but Mrs. Park knows she can’t ignore the sadness that she saw in Shin Hye eyes just now. She is wondering why Shin Hye will be sad? Because she gets to married the man that she loves dearly.

Except she didn’t know that Shin Hye is in loves with another man.

“ok! Take 5!” Mrs. Jung yelled and YunHo swears he can hear few hotel staffs sighed a big relief. He quietly let out a chuckle.

Mrs. Park quickly grabs Shin Hye hand and makes her sit down in front of her, a little bit far from Mrs. Jung.

 “What do you think about today?”

She forced herself to lift up her lips, signaling that she is fine with it.

Mrs. Park elegantly sips her cup of coffee then continues, “I also notice a hint of sadness in my daughter eyes. Mind share with me?”

Upon hears the offer, Shin Hye decided to confess to her mom about what happen behind the curtain.

“Umma….”

Shin Hye holds her mother hand.

“I don’t want to get married with YunHo oppa.”

Seconds after she heard the statement, she throws away Shin Hye hand and stands up, “I think I know who the person you want to marry with. Don’t you ever think about cancelling this wedding!  Not another word about this arasso.”

Her gaze follows her mom and end up on YunHo who is already watched them since the beginning they sat there. He composed his steps towards her and sits where Mrs. Park sits just now.

“no use ha?”

Shin Hye wipes away her tears, “what should we do oppa? This is all my fault. If I’m not the one who eagerly said I want to get married with you, this will never happen! I’m sorry.” She wipes her fresh tears.

YunHo smiled and ruffles her hair, “things already happen, there’s no use you blaming yourself. I already talked to Hye Ran and she said she don’t even care who I married with. I guess that’s her way to say that she wish us good luck.”

Shin Hye sniffled and leaned towards YunHo, he gladly put his arms around her.

 

 

“Yobo….”

YeonHee calls after she closed her apartment door.

“Yobo…”

Still, no answer from YooChun. She checks her watch, “he should be here since he’s on leave today.”

She puts her handbag on the kitchen counter and proceed to her bedroom.

“Yobo!!!!!”

 

 

“Oppa!”

She jumped off from the bed and look around, after realizing she still in her room, she sighed. “Is YooChun oppa okay?”

Hye Ran decided it’s better to consume a glass of water before going back to sleep. She slowly making her way to the kitchen and when she is passing ChangMin room, she heard a faint voice of him talking on the phone.

“Just take a rest okay, I know you have a rough day today. YunHo already told me that you tried talking to mom about us. We talk about us later. I love you, sleep tight.”

She knew who he is talking to and she saw how miserable his face was even though he is back facing her.  

 

 

That morning, the four of them wake up with a tired expression on their face. All the same thought is filling their head, “Today is the day.”

Today is the day where ChangMin will see how beautiful Shin Hye walks on the altar, towards him, but not holding his hand but YunHo hand.

Today is the day where YunHo will marrying someone that he don’t love, someone that he treats as a sister while his love is leaving him.

Today is the day where ShinHye has to sacrifice her love in order to fulfill her parent wish, seeing YunHo and her together as husband and wife.

Today is the day where Hye Ran will leaving Seoul and starts a new life in New York, full of foreigners and nobody know her. Leaving YunHo as a trade to ShinHye family for taking a good care of her since her parent died until the day she knows remember who she was.

 

KNOCK KNOCK

ShinHye take a deep breath before answering the door, “Ye umma.”

Mrs.Park smiles, “today is your day princess. Hurry up, we have to go to the hotel.” After finished, she goes down to continue making breakfast. ShinHye sighed and pull the cover on her head, “ChangMin…..”

She cries, thinking how stupid she was for making this decision but she knows, it’s too late now.

 

*Phone rings*

“Yoboseyo….”

ChangMin heard his sleepy tone and immediately screaming on top of his lung, “Yah!!!! Today is your wedding day and you just wake up??!!!”

“oh, ChangMinnie..” YunHo wiped his eyes while putting his free hand on his forehead, massaging his forehead while silently hope that pain goes away. He then slowly stands up, “come in.”

ChangMin hung up and use his spare key to enter YunHo house. He puts his tux on the couch and proceed to go upstairs.

KNOCK KNOCK

“In the bathroom!!!!”

He heard the faint voice and enter YunHo room. To his surprised, YunHo room is a mess!!! Alcoholic drinks are everywhere, yesterday shirt also lying on the floor.

“What happen?” He asks himself. “is it about today wedding?”

He is asking himself in his head but somehow YunHo can sensed what is he thinking about and quickly said yes. ChangMin turns to face him, “Whatever it is in your head, is yes.” YunHo continues.

“Hurry up, you are going to be late. It’s your big day today.” ChangMin try to put on a cheer up face and voice but YunHo still sensed that heartbroken feeling.

“Well, it’s supposed to be yours.” He continues and grabs his sneakers and short pant.

“I wait you outside.” The pilot said and closed the door.

YunHo sits on the bed and sighed, “What are we doing ChangMin?”

 

The trip to the hotel feels so suffocated to her, it’s her wedding day, she supposes to be happy and chatty but….

Mr. Park sense his daughter behavior and couldn’t help but fell into the silent world too, but it’s different at Mrs.Park side, she holds ShinHye hand while chanting the wedding song. Making the bride feels even more suffocated.

The Park arrive at the hotel and welcomed by Jung couple who spend the night there. Mr.Park opens up the door for the bride and before ShinHye walks to the Jung, Mr.Park whispers to her daughter, “If this is not your way, you may leave. I will not say anything. If you think this is the right decision, please show a happy face for them.”

ShinHye looks to her left and saw her mom and YunHo mom holding hand tightly.

“I’m okay appa.”

 

*Back to ChangMin house*

Beep beep

ChangMin turns to look at his phone and cursed when he receive a job today. A pilot that supposes to fly to New York is taking an emergency leave, since ChangMin hasn’t fly these few days, he is assigned to go to New York. 

“I should have taken MC leave.”

He glanced at the bedside clock and realizes he didn’t sleep at all, all night him thinking about ShinHye and him. If he didn’t sleep a blink, then what about HyeRan? Did she cry?

He stands up and walks to HyeRan door.

KNOCK KNOCK

No answer. He knocks again but still no answer. He try to turns the doorknob and since it’s unlock, he opens the door.

He is surprised to see that the room looks like nobody live there before. The room turns to how it was before, before HyeRan came. The bed sheet, the bottles that fill on the make up table has gone, the curtain, the picture that HyeRan paste on the wall, all gone! He quickly slides the closet and all HyeRan clothes gone.

“What the hell is this?”

He goes back to his room and grabs his cellphone. After type in HyeRan number, he pressed the green button. Suddenly he hears a faint ringing sound. He follows the sound and immediately saw HyeRan phone on the makeup table, he must missed it just now.

“Where are you?”

He walks up to the makeup table and saw a disk under the phone. He quickly takes it and put it in the DVD player in his living room.

He pressed the ‘Play’ button and immediately, HyeRan face appears on the screen.

 “Good morning ChangMin senior. I’m sorry that I have to say goodbye using this way. You provide everything for me but I’m using this way to repay you. I’m such a bad hoobae.” HyeRan smiled, but ChangMin know that is not a genuine smile.

The reason I give you this CD is because I don’t have enough time to write you a letter. Everything was messed up this week and I have no choice to leave you this DVD. And I want to write you a letter because I want to tell you that I’m leaving this country.”

ChangMin eyes widen, “I’m going to live in a country where nobody know me and if I have the courage, I want to forget everything that happened here. Good memories are not even enough to compare with all the bad memories. Therefore, it’s better for me to leave here and starts a new life. I want to focus on my job and let’s see from there where will I settle down. Find another man to love and get married. In the meantime, I don’t have the intention to contact with people from here. I’m sorry but that’s the best I think. ”

He can see tears starts to form on HyeRan eyes and not surprised when his eyes starts to wet too.

Meeting you back has been a miracle. All the memories we had flooded in my mind at that time. Please don’t forget me as the 14 year old HyeRan because this HyeRan is no longer exist. I want to be a new person and I hope when I see you again, I will be a new me. Please send my apologies to YooChun oppa, YeonHee unnie, the bride, ShinHye and her parents. Said that I’m thankful to them who raised me well and I can only repay their kindness by sacrificing my love. Unfortunately you suddenly involved in this matter. It’s because I can’t see you suffer any more so I have to leave. You have been kind to me but I give you nothing in return, except suffer. I’m truly sorry.”

She wipes her tears and smile, “Please remember this image of me and live you life well, ChangMin oppa. ”

The DVD stops playing and HyeRan face disappears. He puts his palms on his face and cries as if he never cries before.

*back to yunho house.*

“What are you thinking about?” YunHo voice surprised him.

He smile and said, “Nothing.” He then saw YunHo wears sports attire not his wedding tux.

“Hey, where are you going?”

 

 

Author's Note: I'm ssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for the long hiatus!! life has been so hectic and and and.. i don't deserve to give a reason. sorry but drop some comments okay! next chapter is the last already!!! :')