Someone from the past part 2

I Belong To You

 

They both looked at each other. YunHo glanced at their interlocked hands before caressing her hair. “Are you expecting someone?”

Hye Ran slowly shook her head. “Are you?”

 YunHo said a simple no. Just when he wants to stands up, the door slide open and revealed two male dressed in police uniform. YunHo recognizes one of the policemen there and bows to him.

The two policemen bow to YunHo and then to Hye Ran who is sitting on the bed. Hye Ran bows to them too.

“How do you feel today Dr. Park?”

Hye Ran smiles when she remembers the policemen that met her during YunHo accident last time. “I’m fine, thanks Mr. officer.” She put down her legs, trying to stand up to join the conversation on why the policemen come to see them both, but YunHo quickly stops her.

“Let me do the talking all right. You just need to rest.” He puts back Hye Ran legs on the bed and covers her half body with the thick blanket.

The three of them just want to leave the room when suddenly Hye Ran calls them.

“Can’t you three discuss it here? I really want to know who he is.”

YunHo receives a nod from the two policemen and they quickly sit on the sofa that is already situated in the room, not so far from Hye Ran bed.

“So, what can we do to help you both?” YunHo starts to talk business like, like how he always talk with his clients. One of the policemen that bring a bag with him takes out a few piece of paper and put it on the coffee table. YunHo pick it up and read it. While Hye Ran is on the bed, itching want to know what is YunHo reading actually.

The other policeman saw her and clears his throat, making Hye Ran switched her attention from YunHo to him. “We suspected the man yesterday have met you before this.”

YunHo finished reading the paper and turns to look at her, “have you seen him before?”

Hye Ran frowns her eyebrows, trying to remember the man that hurt her last night. After making sure of herself that she didn’t once saw the man, she shook her head.

The policeman then continues by mentioning her house address in GwangJu. “That’s my house. What happen?”

“Apparently, the man had killed the owner of the house many years ago.” YunHo is the one who break this to her. Hye Ran couldn’t believe it! How come she has so many coincidences with this man? She covers and the image of her parent gushing into her mind. YunHo walks to her and put his arms around her shoulder. Few tears slide down on her cheek.

“I didn’t even know who he is. But… but why he keeps bothering me?” She looks at YunHo, “Can’t he see he had done so many damage to me? I lost my family, I lost you, I even lost my memory because of him.” She turns around and hugs YunHo. He kissed her head and rubs her back, trying to comfort her.

Two policemen there stand up and walked to her. “We are very sorry Dr. Park, if only we catch him before.”

Hye Ran shook her head against YunHo chest. “Your sorry doesn’t mean anything…”

“We know. However, this time, we really need your cooperation. If you remembers the face of him, then we can simply locked him up and charged him with all the crime that he had done before.”

Hye Ran pulled herself and looked straight through at the policeman eyes, “of course I remember him! The face that ruined my life for all these years, how can I not remember him?”

“Then come to the HQ and help us.”

 

“Are you sure you want to do this?” YunHo asks the same questioned for the past 1 hour when he opens the door for her.

“What do you expect Jung YunHo? Wait again? I already wait for almost 15 years. He will never get away this time.” She closed the door and YunHo takes a deep breath before walks to his driver seat.

Although the doctor said everything is fine on Hye Ran but still, he is worry on her condition. He is trying to make her stay in the hospital for a few checks up but she can’t wait no more.

They arrive at the station at 1 am. There got only few policemen sitting behind the counter and few is handling the drunken person, is a typical scene in Seoul as Christmas is getting near.  Hye Ran saw the policemen they met earlier and quickly they led them both to the other side of interrogation room, where they can actually see what’s happening in the room.

There, she saw the man is sitting in front of the policeman in charge. What makes her feel so burned up is that the man shows no guilty feeling on his face at all. It’s like he is sure that the police will not charge him on anything again this time. YunHo actually still feel shocked after he reads the paper at the hospital just now. Up until now, he just gets to know that fact that Hye Ran parent are actually being killed by the man in front of him. He wonders if he is the only person who didn’t know the story. He looked at her and saw she is tightening her fist while her eyes are looking directly at the man in the interrogation room.

“Officer, can I go in there?”

YunHo then drags her away, out from the room, Hye Ran reluctantly follows him. “What the hell are you thinking?” He asked, she looked at him like he just talks Spanish to her. “Don’t you afraid?”

“The moment where I should feel scared and lost is over. That man, inside the room is the one who makes me lost everything Jung YunHo.” She looked directly to YunHo eyes, “that culprit in there,” she pointed to the room, “makes me lost my family, my life, my teenager life and everything I had.” She then softens her look, “he makes the dream where I want to have a happy life with you gone too.” She holds his both hand, “now that he is in front of me, I just want to know why. The reason he killed my parent. Please, let me do it, for the sake of my parent. At least this is the thing that I can do.”

YunHo pulled her for a hug and whispers, “Please be careful.”

 

 

“Officer Lee, Miss Park Hye Ran wants to join you.” The officer that is interrogating the criminal heard the order from his earpiece and stands up to open the door. The handcuffed man silently looked at him walk towards the door. Not until a minute, the door reveals a pretty young lady and the man thinks that she is one of the counselors there. Officer Lee invites Hye Ran to sits down on his earlier chair and he stands at the corner of the room.

Inside her, she is fighting the urge to jump on him and beat the crap out of him; however she is asking herself to remain calm. On the other side, the man is checking out her body, typical criminal mind, not giving any attention on Hye Ran eyes which is burning right now.

YunHo is intensely watching from the room. He offered to enter it with her but she rejects it. She said, she feels like this is the debt that the man owned to her. She doesn’t want YunHo to get involve as well, today, everything will end.

Hye Ran pretending to check on the clipboard on the table and turn to look at him. “What’s your name?”

The man chuckled when he hears her voice. “Wow miss. You even got pretty voices.” She smirked at the comment and turns to Officer Lee at the corner, “can you leave just both of us in here?”

YunHo quickly walks to the mic stand in the room and said, “don’t Hye Ran. He is a criminal, remember that.”

She heard it but remained silent. “Oh come on miss. There’s a lot of people behind that big mirror. You want them all watch what will I do on you?”

YunHo is tightening his grip. He as the man, of course know that what is the culprit is thinking from the moment Hye Ran step into the room. He even saw how he is looking at her.

“Officer, can you?”

“HYE RAN AH!”

She takes out the earpiece and sternly said to the officer to step out from the room. Officer Lee reluctantly follows her order and leaves the room. He met YunHo once he closed the door. YunHo is going to twist the door knob where he quickly stops him, “Don’t go inside. She probably wants to beat him. Let her pour out all her emotions.” Them both walked back to the other room.

Hye Ran then walks to the mirror there and put down the blind, making the peoples in the other room cannot see what she will do later.

The man chuckled when he see that. “Now, can you tell me what’s your name?” Hye Ran uses her leg and caressed it on the man leg. He closed his eyes for a while, enjoying the touch that Hye Ran is giving her and opens it when she stops.

“Park So Tae.”

Hye Ran mouthed his name and smiles to him. She knows what she should do now.

 

 

“Umma, I go to omonim room for a minute. Want to ask her about our plan for tonight.” Shin Hye waved her mom and happily skipped to Mrs. Jung room. The woman that she loves day by day, all the experience she once heard about bad mother in-law are totally not true. That’s also one of the reasons why she wants to quickly get married.

 

KNOCK KNOCK

“Omonim. I’m coming in.”

Shin Hye pushes open the door and makes her way to the living room of the hotel room. There’s a door need to be open to enter the living room. She is going to pushes the door when she suddenly heard her name was mention by her future father in-law.

“How long do you intend to hide this from Shin Hye?”

Mrs. Jung sits on the couch and pretend like she doesn’t heard anything. She continues to sips his evening coffee. Mr. Jung tiredly let out his breath and sit beside her.

“You can’t do this to both of them. YunHo loves one of them and you clearly know who it is.”

Shin Hye is frowning, she wants to know who the other girl that have been mentioned by Mr. Jung. Up until now, she doesn’t hear anything about YunHo's ‘the other girl.’

"Is it his ex?"

“I don’t care okay. I also clear myself out that I want Shin Hye to be my daughter in-law, not an orphanage.”

“YOBO!”

Mrs. Jung and Shin Hye widen their eyes when they heard Mr. Jung risen his voice. Mr. Jung stands up and look directly into his wife pair of eyes, “If someday, YunHo wants to get a divorced with Shin Hye, I will gladly support him. You know why? Because there’s something in that Hye Ran girl can make YunHo laugh like crazy for the whole day.”

There, she heard the name. Shin Hye covers and slowly backed away. She is about to leave the room when suddenly Mr. Jung mention her name again.

“I’m not saying Shin Hye is a bad person, she is not at all. What I want to tell you is, sure, they will make a great a couple, a perfect couple maybe, but we can't force happiness. You should see how happy YunHo is when he is telling me about her.”

Mrs. Jung smirked, “and how will you know Hye Ran is the right one for him?”

Shin Hye lean closer to the door to hear the answer,

“When he is willing to risk his own life for the sake of meeting that poor girl.” Mrs. Jung widen her eyes, “You mean…”

Mr. Jung nodded his head, “yes, the accident.”

The tears that already start to go away, once again come and start to pour like a waterfall. She couldn’t stop herself from crying and when she hears footsteps are coming, she quickly left the room and out from the hotel, right now, she just wants to cry and cry.

 

“Yah ChangMin yah! How can you do this to me?”

YooChun is on the couch in his home, watching ChangMin walked out from his house, leaving him alone, without putting any food near him.

“I’m sorry hyung. Duty calls!”

He pulled the door and bang! The door closes hard.

YooChun starred at the empty house of his and switch on the TV. “I guess, I need to call Hye Ran for taking care of me.”

ChangMin cursed when he got in his house. Earlier this morning, he got a text from his boss, asking him to fly to Paris. It’s an emergency case as the pilot in-charge father suddenly being admitted to the hospital. He simply throws some fresh clothes in his small luggage and grabs few energy drinks from the fridge. He walks to the door and stops when he notices something on the coffee table.  

Is a picture of YunHo and Hye Ran happily laughed.

He smiles when he sees that and quickly locked the door, and straight away to the airport.

 

It’s 3 am now, but Hye Ran and So Tae still looking at each other and all she got is his name and he is 30 years old. So Tae looks at Hye Ran and that sense of familiarity hits him. Hye Ran is ready to ask him the question why when suddenly So Tae cuts her off.

“Aren’t you should be dead already?”

That question makes Hye Ran widen her eyes. Finally, after wasting hours, they are actually straight away getting there.   

“Why should I be dead?” Hye Ran is gripping tightly the pen that she is holding to.

So Tae chuckled, “I stabbed you many times before. How come you are still alive?”

“That’s it!” She throws the pen on So Tae face and punched him hardly. She is lucky that So Tae is handcuffed; otherwise, she is probably being hit back. The plan is she is going to ask why he kills her parent, but hearing those answer from So Tae mouth, she completely lost her patience.

The people on the other side of the room heard the noise and YunHo wants to step out from the room, but few officers hold him.

“hey! Officers can’t hit the suspect!”

He wipes the blood around his lips. Hye Ran smirked, “sadly, I’m not one of the officers here.”

He widens his eyes, “then who are you??!!!”

She walks to him and slapped him a couple of times, “I’m the daughter of the couple you killed 14 years ago!!!!” she finish it with a kick on his crotch.

“OOOWWW!!!!!!” he then squats down. “Officer!! Help me!!!!”

“This, ” she points to So Tae ‘thing’, “is not enough for what you have done to me! Because of you, I lost everything. And guess what, today, I will do it the same to you. Right here, right now, I will charge you on murder and all the crime you had done. I will make sure you will be rotten in the prison. Goodbye !”

Hye Ran kicks him one last time at the back and quickly walked out from the room. All the officers in the other room laughed and clapped when she walks in. but she doesn’t mind that, her eyes is searching for YunHo. She saw him and quickly went in for a hug.

 

YunHo pulled over in front of ChangMin house and look at his right side. Hye Ran is sleeping soundly while hugging on YunHo other winter jacket. She does that because she likes the scent of YunHo. Since he needs to drive, she asks for his jacket.

YunHo caressed her hair and kissed her forehead. He can’t describe how much he loves the person in front of him right now. Everything she does make him falls deeply to her. And after learning the truth on why things have turned this way, he is proud of her. He is proud on how can she can become a successful person after all the things had happened to her. Yes, at that time, she still doesn’t remember who she is, but clearly, she can see how different Mrs. Park treats her and Shin Hye. He knows that by the way Hye Ran tells him on her life with Park family.

His kissed makes Hye Ran awakes and she is smiling happily when she saw him. “Wakes up and see your face in the morning, makes me feel happy.” She leaned in, and YunHo leaned in too.

At first it was a simple morning kiss, but when suddenly YunHo her lower lips, the kiss starts to turn serious. Hye Ran both hand at the back of YunHo head while YunHo right hand around Hye Ran waist.

YunHo is asking for the entrance of when suddenly Hye Ran stops from kissing and pushes YunHo. She bites her lips, “We can’t do this.” She opens the car door and ready to jump out when YunHo stops her.

“Do you want to spend the last 2 days with me at somewhere else?”

She turns around and nodded her head without taking the time to think.

 

9pm straight, ChangMin landed safely on Charles de Gaulles International Airport. He bows to his co-workers before hoping in the taxi and takes him to his hotel.

After finish with the hot shower, he wrapped himself with the bathrobe and sips a cup of hot chocolate while enjoying the night view of Paris.

 

After they got off from the car, Hye Ran and YunHo are on silent mode. They haven’t talked a single word towards each other at all, except YunHo is asking her to have a trip together. Deep down, they know that they need each other. Especially, after spending some nights together, hugging and kissing. Hye Ran of course knows that YunHo is a normal man that has his own ‘needs’ which she thinks that YunHo has been holding in quite for some time. However, they are not a married couple, there’s no way that they will be sleeping together after all this drama. It will only make matter worse, especially after Shin Hye knows the truth.

She is locking herself up in her room and staring blankly at the ceiling, trying to block all the thoughts that are slowly creeping into her mind. Right now, she just wants to have a free mind, not thinking about anything at all. While YunHo is his room, is taking a hot relax bath for him, trying to forget the feelings he got earlier. There’s no way he is crossing the line. She trusts him, and he really appreciates that.

After few hours of staring blankly, she can feel herself getting hungry. Hye Ran sits on the bed and her eyes immediately fells on the piece of paper near her door. She stands up and sits on the floor, crossing her legs while reads that small piece of paper.

Come have a dinner with me at downstairs. I make your favorite.

She let out a small smile. Reading this piece of paper makes she remembers how they secretly exchange letters using ChangMin as the unpaid postmen. She crumpled the paper and throws it on the bed then quickly takes a nice shower.

 

Shin Hye and YunHo parents are gathering at the lobby of the hotel. They already been there for almost 4 hours, since they realized Shin Hye is not in either of their room. They already called the police but the procedure is, Shin Hye have not missing for 24 hours, and since they are not very well with the roads there, they have no choice unless sit there together, patiently waiting for her.

Changmin decided to take a good midnight walk outside since he still didn’t feel tired. He gets out from the elevator and saw YunHo parent. At first, he just wants to avoid them, but too late, Mr. Jung saw him first. He smiles and walks to them.

“Hello, auntie and uncle. Why are you gathering here?”

 He of course remembers Mrs. Park and still holding the grudge towards her for hurting Hye Ran, therefore, he doesn’t find the reason for him to be polite to her. Mrs. Park gets his signal and ignores him too.

“ChangMin, Shin Hye is already missing for many hours.” Mr. Jung said and ChangMin frowned. “Don’t worry, I will try to look for her. I know the way around here.”

Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Park can’t help but to let out a relieved sigh, at least they know ChangMin is capable to find her. He gives no attention to both of them, his attention only on Mr. Jung. He is walking away when Mr. Jung grabs him away from the other 3 person.

“I just get to know that Shin Hye is going to my room before she’s missing. And at that time, I was discussing about Hye Ran and YunHo with auntie. I think, she might have been heard what I told your auntie. So, please calm her down and do whatever things so that she will come back to us.”

ChangMin nodded his head.

Mr. Jung puts his hand on ChangMin shoulder, “I know I can count on you.”

He walks out from the hotel and thinks that he actually doesn’t know where he should start to search first. After gives a deep thinking, he decided that he should starts at Shin Hye boutique. He opens his message inbox and search for Shin Hye message where she told him the address of her boutique.

“Taxi!!!”

 

 

While the taxi is taking him to the boutique where Shin Hye work, he couldn’t stop from looking everywhere from the backseat, just in case he saw Shin Hye by the roadside. After nearly 15 minutes, the taxi stops right in front of the boutique. He immediately pays the taxi driver and walks to the door.

He looks around the empty street of Paris before greeted by the closed sign. He takes a look at the inside and the boutique is pitch black, “she might not be at here.” He sits on the stairs and looks left and right. “Where will she go?”

All the tourist attraction that once he mesmerized for his test when he is in college come to his mind, thinking that where will he go if his heart is broken. However, none come out. Feeling that he should go to the other places to find her, ChangMin stands up.

Just when he takes few steps, suddenly he saw a lady walking aimlessly towards him. Her long hair that covers her face makes ChangMin hard to takes a look at her and judging by the bottles in her grip and her walking style, he guessed, she probably already been so drunk. He shrugged his shoulder and walked beside her. Just when he wants to the corner, he heard loud crash sound. ChangMin turned around and surprise to see that the lady fell on the road.

He quickly makes his way towards her and helps her to sit up. Her long hair moves away and revealed her face. What a surprise, turns out the lady is Park Shin Hye, ChangMin quickly lifted her in bridal style and walks to the nearest hotel. There’s no way he will bring her back in the condition.

 

Hye Ran is walking down the stairs when the phone in front of the TV rings. YunHo who happens in the kitchen, quickly pick it up.

“Yoboseyo..”

“YunHo ah, it’s me.”

“Oh YooChun hyung! How’s trip?!”

Hye Ran rush down and stands beside YunHo, trying to hear YooChun voice which she missed very much. YunHo tries to pushes her away, but she frozen herself, not moving an inch at all. YunHo sigh in annoyance and without waiting for YooChun to finish his sentence, he shoved the phone to her.

“OPPA!!!!”

YooChun winced when he heard the voice. “yahh!!! I’m deaf already!”

She immediately giggles. She has so much to tell him. “Oppa, what are you doing?”

“Actually, I want to ask you to have dinner with me. Can you?”

She hissed slowly, she takes a look at YunHo in the kitchen preparing their dinner and thinks that maybe it’s okay to invite YooChun along.

“Ok. But you need to come here.”

Now, it’s YooChun time to hiss. He takes a look at his bandaged arms, “I can’t.”

“Why?”

“I hurt my arms---”

He sighed, Hye Ran already hang up. He knows, she is on the way now, probably asking YunHo to drive her or just come alone to pick him up.

 “Senior, I’m going to pick Oppa to have dinner with us.” She said while finding the car keys.

YunHo come out from the kitchen with a cute apron wrapped around his muscular body and frowned, “I thought we are going to have dinner with just the two if us.”

“Oppa is alone now.”

She answers without looking at him, still searching for the car keys.

“But I want to eat with you only.” He waits for an answer, but none come up, “what are you looking for actually?”

Hye Ran stands up and looks at him, “where are the car keys?”

YunHo didn’t answers, but she can see how he suddenly secures his apron pocket. “Is in there isn’t it?”

YunHo shook his head. “call hyung, telling that we stop by tomorrow.”

She shook her head, “tomorrow we are going for our vacation remember.” She is slowly making her way towards him, intending to snatch the car key. YunHo slowly back away.

“Give me the key.”

“No!”

Hye Ran sighed, “You can kiss me if you give me that.”

YunHo smirked, “that’s too simple. Increase the reward a little bit.” He takes out the car key and plays it with his index finger.

“Sleep with me tonight. Not doing anything, just sleep.”

After he heard that, he immediately tossed the car key and quickly go forward to steal a quick peck before continue to cook for another person. He can hear Hye Ran yelled him, “ert!”

“Only when I’m with you!!”

He chuckled and tightens his apron.

By the time Hye Ran arrives her old house, she is trying to make herself to not feel down by the incident that makes her move out from the big house. To be honest, she stills feels scared by the traumatic incident that really makes she feels afraid of her mother. Never once she has been treated like that. She saw YooChun already waits outside and first thing that she saw is his bandage arms. YooChun saw her too and knows exactly what awaits him in the car.

Hye Ran helps him to opens the car door, and once he closed the door, Hye Ran sternly looks at him.

“Explain yourself please.” She slowly said but still using her stern voice.

He looks at her and tries to let out a smile, “you know. Accident happens. Snowboarding and stuff.”

She went forward to him and smacks him hard on his left side shoulder.

“oww!!!! What’s that for?” He rubbed his shoulder while wincing in pain. Hye Ran blows her palm and look at him, “That’s your punishment. Please be careful next time!”

“all right all right.. stops blabbing will ya. Let’s go, I’m starving!”

 

YunHo just hang the apron on the hook against the wall when the bell rings. No need to guess as he already knows who will be pressing the bell. He opens the door and shocked to see YooChun hand. “Hyung! What’s wrong?”

YooChun tiredly sits on the couch and gasping for air, “YunHo ah, skip the question part! Give me a glass of water, my ear is bleeding!”

YunHo comes forward to see YooChun ear, “No, it’s not. Why? You can’t hear?” He tries to peek it again, Hye Ran smirked and quickly go to the kitchen to grab a glass of water for her oppa, while YooChun is irritates with YunHo dumbness.

“If you want another hour of lecture, I gladly give it to you.” She said while hands him the water. YooChun shook his head hardly and gulps the water. YunHo looks at them both and wished that if only he have a sibling as well.

 

The rest of the dinner is going smoothly although YooChun has become the unexpected visitor. Hye Ran sure falls more to him as he cooked a very delicious dishes. YooChun immediately knows that he become unexpected visitor when he notices that his plate is different than the other two, his glass too.

After almost 3 hours there, YooChun excused himself to go home. At first, Hye Ran told YooChun that he can sleep at ChangMin house too, but when YooChun refused so many times, she knows, he just wants to go home.

 

“Shin Hye, it’s me ChangMin. Do you recognize me?” ChangMin helps her to take off her heels and after put the blanket on top of her; he put the warm towel on her forehead. He somehow feels pity towards this girl. Her pure heart falls in love with YunHo but without she knows about it, her best friend is the one that YunHo loves most. And now, she knows about the fact, she choose to drink until drunk to forget her problems.

ChangMin caressed her flush cheek and kissed it. Shin Hye feels that kiss on her cheek and slowly opens her eyes. At that time, ChangMin is already back facing her as he is making a cup of coffee to himself.

Slowly, Shin Hye stands up and silently walks to behind ChangMin.

Just when he wants to takes a sip of his black coffee, he suddenly feels a pair of arms wrapped around his stomach. He wants to turns around to check her condition, however his intentions immediately dead when Shin Hye attacked his lips.

 

Author’s Note: HI EVERYONE!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Finally! I can update whenever I want as my lappy is back with me! Unfortunately, I can update this long at the moment as I have 3 more reports to do and 1 presentation to be prepared. So, how’s this chapter? Tell me at the comment section okay!

Oh yeah, one more thing, SHOUTOUT TO NEW SUBSCRIBERS!!! T-H-A-N-K  Y-O-U  S-O  M-U-C-H!!!! I’m sorry I can’t post on your wall, my thank you message since whenever I have free time, I will always filled it to finish up my assignment. Keep reading my story girls, please support me. *bows 90 degree*