Future brother in-law

I Belong To You

 

From far, two ladies in their 50 walk together while smiling towards whoever person that recognizes them. One of them wearing sleek offices suit while the other one wear a very beautiful black dress with the sparkling white pearl hanging around her neck.

Mrs. Park and Mrs. Jung walk together into the elevator and while waiting for the door to close, few nurses manage to slip themselves. They all stand in front of the two ladies.

“Psst.. do you hear the news?”

One of the nurses nudge her friend that standing beside her. Although they are whispering, but still, Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Park can hear them clearly. They both looked at each other and smiled, ‘Women can’t separate with gossips’ they thought.

“Dr. Park is patient D45 girlfriend.” The nurse earlier makes others nurses who heard them gasped.

“Really?”

“How come?”

“But, they both suitable…”

The elevator filled with buzzing sounds made from the nurses. However, that remark makes Mrs. Park wondered if the Dr. Park they are talking about is actually her daughter?

“Which Dr. Park?” One of the nurses that have been keep quiet since they step into the elevator asked since they are quite many Dr. Park in the hospital.

“Dr. Park Hye Ran.”

Mrs. Park widened her eyes. Indeed is her daughter. Suddenly she feels a pat on her shoulder; she looks at her side and saw Mrs. Jung giving her a warm smile.

“You can’t really trust gossips.” She whispered to her future in-law in her tiny voice, afraid the nurses will hear her.

Finally they reached YunHo floor and they both walked in silence towards YunHo ward. Just when Mrs. Jung wants to twist the door knob, Mrs. Park stops her.

“What?”

Mrs. Jung looked at her, Mrs. Park didn’t say anything, and she just pointed to the number on YunHo’s door.

“D45..”

Inside, Hye Ran is doing her daily checkup on YunHo. She is explaining to him about his chest condition when suddenly YunHo pulled her wrist to make her stands more close to him. Just when YunHo is pulling her, his door suddenly open and Hye Ran quickly pushed YunHo hands away.

“Umma…”

They both said and immediately saw the uneasiness expression on their mom face.

“What are you doing earlier?” Mrs. Jung asked while eyeing the doctor. Hye Ran can see the hatred in the old woman eyes but telling herself to brush it off. In the other hand, YunHo quickly sensed the tone of his mom.

“Umma…..”

Now, is YunHo turn to be eyed from him mom. He quiet down. He knows the look, the don’t-you-dare-to-talk-a-word look. She eyed Hye Ran back, “answer me…”

Mrs. Park just stands there doing nothing seeing her so called daughter being interrogates like a criminal while she should make Mrs. Jung calm down or defend her daughter. Hye Ran clears and answered, “I just doing the regular check up.” She showed her the record in her grip.

“Then why are you standing so close to him? Is that true? You are his girlfriend?” Mrs. Jung threw the record away and poked on Hye Ran chest. Hye Ran is hurting inside, but what makes her hurt more when she saw her mom walked out from the room. Leaving her defend less.

“Answer me!!!”

Mrs. Jung voice attracted some nurses at the same floor, Ye Eun who was around the corner quickly run to YunHo room when she saw few nurses are standing at the door while pointing inside.

“It’s true. I’m doing my check up.” Hye Ran answered and YunHo opens his mouth to say something when he saw the nurses behind his mom. “Umma.. let’s drop it. The nurses are looking.”

Mrs. Jung turned to her back and screams, “Get out! Otherwise I will make you lose your job!” All the nurses left the room except Ye Eun who still standing there. “Why are you not leaving?”

Ye Eun are scared to death inside her but when she sees the scared face of Hye Ran, she suddenly become brave!

“I’m not leaving till Dr. Park leave.” Hye Ran widened her eyes and shakes her head left to right to Ye Eun. She then looked at YunHo and mouthed him, ‘Do something…’

Mrs. Jung stands in front of her, “What? Are you kidding me?”

Just when she wants to slap the nurse, YunHo make a fake pain sound while grabbing his head. Mrs. Jung turned around and fled to him, “Son, are you okay?”

Hye Ran who thought he is really in pain, walked up to him, ready to check him up but Mrs. Jung pushed her and make her fall on the floor.

“Ouch!”

“Dr. Park!” Ye Eun quickly run to Hye Ran.

“I will ask for another doctor. From today onwards, don’t you dare to come here! You can talk to him after he becomes your brother in-law.”

YunHo and Hye Ran widened their eyes and looked at each other. Ye Eun help her to stands up.  Hye Ran bows to Mrs. Jung and walked out from the room while Ye Eun followed her. Once she closed the door, she let out her breath which she didn’t know she holds up since the time Mrs. Jung enter the room. The hatred feeling that she felt since their first met is still lingering in the old lady.

“Are you okay?” Ye Eun looked at her with concern.

Hye Ran nodded her head and slowly walked to her office.

 

 

“Umma! What’s that for?” YunHo looked at his mom. He really wants to help Hye Ran earlier. However, it will only worsen the girl condition if he shows some affectionate towards her.

“Whole hospital is talking about both of you!” Mrs. Jung throws both of her fists into the air.

“So what? Let them be.. You know how gossip is.”

Mrs. Jung looked at her son with disbelieve looks. “Do you really have something with that girl? She is your sister in-law for God sake!”

“But I’m not marrying Shin Hye!!” YunHo quickly cuts his mom off. “In fact, I don’t want to marry her at all. I only see her as my junior in school.”

For the first time, he tells his mum about what he feels inside. Since him small until him already 31, never once he disobeys his parent. Perhaps is his fault for obeying all the things they want until he can’t choose his own wife.

“I don’t care what you think of her, I only want Shin Hye to be my daughter in-law. Moreover, she is not even their real daughter!”

Mrs. Jung walked to the door and without even looked at her son, “my words are final, Shin Hye is my choice.”

She twists the door knob and walked out.

“!” He punched the pillow and throws it away.

 

Umma, I will be arriving at Incheon Airport around 10 tonight. See you later.

 

After the incident in YunHo room, she didn’t dare to walk out from her office unless she have to do the check up as the nurses who didn’t really like her will intentionally speak their thoughts louder to make her heard every word of it. She however didn’t dare to fight back as she afraid more people will disrespect her. Ye Eun can only send glares to the nurses as she already promised Hye Ran to not doing anything. Hye Ran also has been avoiding YunHo calls and text. Whenever his name showed up on her phone display, she will hand it to Ye Eun. He have been texting her and calls her until she asked Ye Eun to hold her phone until her shift end.

“Excuse me..”

Hye Ran looked up when she heard the familiar voice.

“Senior Shim.”

ChangMin shows her his killer smile and earn himself a hug from the doctor. ‘What happen?’ He mouthed to Ye Eun while caressing Hye Ran pony tail.

Ye Eun showed him Hye Ran phone when YunHo is calling and he nodded his head. Ye Eun hand him Hye Ran phone and bows to him before she walked away.

Actually, he is going to visit YunHo but stop when he accidentally saw Hye Ran slowly walked while few nurses are pointing at her.

“First fight?”

He saw the sad eyes of her and something inside of him saying that this is not a small fight. The phone in his pocket vibrates again and saw the name YooChun.

Yoboseyo…

YooChun who is expecting his sister to answer the phone quickly frowned when he heard a male voice.

Who is this? Where’s Hye Ran? What have you done to Hye Ran?”

He let out an irritating sighed before continues,“Idiot! This is me, the great ChangMin.”

 Hye Ran let out her first chuckle today. Only ChangMin can get on YooChun nerves.

“Yahh! If you are the great then what am I?”

“The not great obviously!”ChangMin then laughed.

“Stupid! Let me talk to my sister!”

“Just tell me what you want to tell her..”

“Haish! Tell her that I’m already downstairs, waiting for her.”

 Both of them hang up and Hye Ran looked at ChangMin weirdly.

“What?”

Hye Ran shook her head, inside; she is wondering how all the guys around her can act so childish while their appearance is showing the different quality.

“Your oppa is waiting for you at downstairs.”

“Want to send me?”

ChangMin nodded and they both walk to Hye Ran office, after make sure she left nothing behind, she locked the door and walk with ChangMin to the lobby.

 

 

 

Earlier the day, Mrs. Park left after she saw Mrs. Jung will be throwing a fit on Hye Ran. She also feels mad at her because obviously she is flirting with her future brother in-law. She excused herself because she wants to settle the things at home, not in public eye.

She entered Hye Ran room and rummage her things to find anything that related to YunHo. She takes out all of Hye Ran clothes and searches her wardrobe. Of course she didn’t find anything. In fact, she already searched entire room but still couldn’t find anything. While she is sitting on Hye Ran bed her eyes still looked around, afraid that she is missing some spot. The loose ring on her finger suddenly falls on the floor. She bends forward to picks up her ring and then it hits her, “under the bed.” She mumbled to herself.

 

 

“Hye Ran ah!” YooChun shouts her name when he saw her coming out from the elevator, with err… ChangMin.

“Oppa!” She tried her best to give her best smile to her oppa before letting YooChun puts his arms around Hye Ran waist.

“What are you doing here?” YooChun looked at ChangMin.

“To meet her. Why?”

Hye Ran knows ChangMin tries to provoke YooChun and before her oppa can reply, she stops them both. “Enough you guys. Senior Shim, want to have a cup of tea at my house?”

“He can have it-”

“Of course!”

YooChun throws him a disgusting look while ChangMin rolled his eyes. Hye Ran saw both of them did that and scoffed, “I don’t know how your girlfriend will put up with that kind of attitude.”

From the second floor, YunHo is watching them three. He just got back from Hye Ran office, to see her. YunHo is happy to see the person he love is letting out a smile but a part of him feels sad as he can’t be by her side, can’t be the reason Hye Ran smile and most importantly, he can’t meet her at all after this. What will happen with their relationship? Only God knows.

 

 

ChangMin stops his car right behind YooChun car when they arrive in front of the Park resident. Hye Ran gets down from her oppa car first and goes to ChangMin. “Senior, you want to have a drink at the lawn or inside?”

Before ChangMin can reply, YooChun butts in, “Outside will do!”

ChangMin nodded sweetly at Hye Ran before throws an irritated look at YooChun.

“Oppa!” She nudged YooChun on the stomach before enter her house. YooChun stays outside to have a chat with ChangMin.

Hye Ran totally forgot about the earlier incident when she enters her house. She puts down her purse on the couch and proceeds to the kitchen to make the tea. Mrs. Park who is at upstairs is eyeing her since the moment she steps into the house.

Hye Ran is stirring the tea when suddenly someone pulled her hair from behind, making her and the tea pot that she held fell hard on the floor, broken into pieces until some of the glass hurt her legs. Mrs. Park ignores the loud sound and continues to pull Hye Ran hair, means she is dragging her until they reach the living room.

“Umma! It hurts!” She try as hard as she can to suppress her voice to not letting YooChun and ChangMin heard her. Mrs. Park make Hye Ran face her but still not letting her hair go. Without any notice, she slap hard on Hye Ran cheek, leaving her fingerprints on the white skin of Hye Ran.

“Umma… it hurts..” She held her cheek. “I’m sorry…” She then hugged Mrs. Park right leg. Mrs. Park didn’t feel sorry at all, she then kick her daughter.

“Aaah!” Hye Ran fell beside her mom. Not enough with her first slap, she slaps hard on Hye Ran other cheek. Hye Ran cries harder but tries her best to suppress her crying sound.

“How dare you seduce him? He is your brother in-law!!!”

“Don’t you ever wish to tell Shin Hye about this!”

Every time she finished her sentence she will land a hard slap on Hye Ran. Hye Ran just sitting on the floor, crying while receiving the punishment that she thought she deserves it because she is having a special relationship with YunHo.

Meanwhile, ChangMin and YooChun at the outside feel weird on why Hye Ran take such a long time to make tea, YooChun excused himself to go look for her. YooChun wants to open the door when suddenly he heard a loud sound inside his house. Not only him, ChangMin also heard that and he immediately follow YooChun.

Inside, Mrs. Park throw the glass picture frame to Hye Ran, and the picture frame accidentally knocked on Hye Ran head before crashed on the floor, making the floor mess with the broken glasses.

“Look at that!!! You are not even my daughter!!! You are adopted!!!!” Mrs. Park continues to throw things that belonged to Hye Ran before she becomes her daughter. Hye Ran picks up the picture in front of her and cries even harder. That is the picture of her and her parents before they were killed. She already knows who she is, but hearing from Mrs. Park makes her heart hurt like hell.

“You really good at this don’t cha? You make YooChun falls for you then YunHo?! Why do you need to take all Shin Hye happiness?!” Mrs. Park then kicked a box in front of her, making the box spilled all its content in front of Hye Ran.

Hye Ran widened her eyes. That is the box contains all the memories of her with YunHo and ChangMin. She make a brilliant decision when she sealed the box properly because her mom seems can’t open the box.

At the same time, YooChun and ChangMin step inside the house.

“Umma!!” YooChun yelled when he saw the living room is in a big mess, while ChangMin runs towards Hye Ran and saw the blood on her forehead and her red cheek. He looked at Mrs. Park and stands up, standing in front the old lady. Hye Ran on the other hand, squats down and picked up all her belongings and makes the two boxes stand side by side.

“Mrs. Park, I will not let you put your hands on Hye Ran anymore!” He carried the two boxes and grabs Hye Ran hand. “Follow me!” Hye Ran shook her head, leaving the house like this will only make her mom even angrier that she should be.

“Go Hye Ran!!!” This time, YooChun looked at her, “I will meet you later.” Hye Ran slowly nodded her head.

“No! Stop right there! I haven’t finish with you!!” Mrs. Park tries to chase her but YooChun pulled his mom.

“Umma!!!!”

 

Hye Ran is in ChangMin car right now, on the way to his house. On the road, ChangMin didn’t say a word at all but Hye Ran saw how he reacts when she accidentally let out her gasp when she accidentally touched her cheek. She knows ChangMin is mad at her right now so she also keeps on silencing herself.

 She didn’t know how or when, but as soon as she opens her eyes, she already reached in front of ChangMin house. She saw ChangMin put the boxes inside his house and went to her. “Are you okay?” Hye Ran nodded her head although she is feeling weird in her body. As soon as her right leg land on the floor, she feels so weak and yes, she collapsed in ChangMin arms.

“Hye Ran ah!”

 

 

“Umma! Why are you abusing her?” YooChun asks when he finished clean up the mess, he needs to clean it up as if his father saw it, he will be throwing a fit and after being the eldest son in his family, and he knows it better.

“She is having a relationship with YunHo for god sake!” YooChun widened his eyes. “Really?”

“Of course! I heard it from the nurses in her hospital. And if she wasn’t, why she didn’t say anything but just accept whatever Mrs. Jung said to her.” Mrs. Park then looked at him, “and you! I know you have a feeling on her, but don’t you ever forget that she is your sister!”

She stands up and when she sees her son didn’t say anything, she left him alone in the living room.

YooChun feels a pang on his cheek when he heard his mom mention about his feeling towards Hye Ran. He thought he already makes it less obvious to make people notices, but his mom still managed to catch him.

 

“I’m sorry….”

ChangMin sighed for the umpteenth time for that night. Hye Ran already passed for about 3 hours already. The doctor said, her body is weak because she didn’t consumed any food at all today, not only that, the effect from the blunt object hit her head earlier, makes her even weak.

He goes down and starts to makes some porridge for her. His heart still aches whenever he saw the plaster on Hye Ran head and Hye Ran red cheeks. He feels so mad at Mrs. Park right now until he stirred the porridge harshly!

 

 

“Shin Hye ah!”

She turned around when she heard someone called her name. “Appa!” She smiled and runs towards her dad.

“How are you?” Mr. Park asked while helping her with her luggage. “I’m fine. Where’s others?” they both step into the car and Mr. Park make a signal to enter the main road. “As usual, YooChun with his friends, your mom is at home with Hye Ran. I came straight from office, that’s why they didn’t follow me.”

 Shin Hye nodded her head. “How’s YunHo?”

Mr. Park smiled. “Actually, I didn’t get any chance to visit him, you know work…” He then saw Shin Hye make a little frowned, “But I heard your mum said he’s getting better.”

She then change her frowned to her beautiful smile.

 

“Umma! I’m home!” Shin Hye yelled when she steps inside the house with her father follows her while bringing her luggage.

“Owh.. Shin Hye ah!!!” Mrs. Park screams from upstairs and quickly walked down the stairs and hugs her daughter.

Mr. Park feels weird because only his wife welcoming Shin Hye while his other 2 children are nowhere to be seen. “Where are the others?”

 Mrs. Park gulped her own saliva and choose to ignore her husband. Mr. Park went upstairs to YooChun room and just when he wants to twist the door knob, he heard YooChun saying, “I will bring some Hye Ran clothes. She will be staying at your house until things are back to normal.” YooChun hung up and walked to the door, he immediately gasped when he saw his father standing at the door.

“Appa, how long have you standing there?”

Mr. Park eyed him, “What happen?” He looked down and saw YooChun is holding Hye Ran luggage. “Where is she?”

YooChun choose to ignore his father although he absolutely knows the consequences. He walked passed his father and quickly walked down the stairs, luckily at that time; Shin Hye is in the kitchen with Mrs. Park, having her supper.

Mr. Park did not stand there, he quickly follow his son to wherever he goes.

 

DING DONG

ChangMin quickly opens the door when he heard the door bell. “She’s upstairs.” ChangMin grabs the luggage and put it beside his sofa. YooChun take long strides when he climb up the stairs and opens the room door. He then saw Hye Ran weakly lying on the bed.

“Hye Ran ah….” He caressed her hair.

Hye Ran feels the soft touch on her cheek and slowly opens her eyes. Her eyes filled with tears when she saw him. “Oppa…” She whispers.

YooChun tried to form a smile, but he can’t. She slowly changes her position to sit position and bend forward to hug YooChun. She doesn’t know why, but a hug always make her feel comfortable and safe. YooChun returned the hug and suddenly they feel another pair of arms around them. They both thought it was ChangMin, but when Hye Ran eyes caught ChangMin standing at the door, she pulled back her body.

“Appa…”

She can’t hold her tears anymore and went forward to hug the old man that always gives her the warm feeling like her biological father.

“I’m sorry Hye Ran ah.. I’m sorry…”

 

 

 

Author’s note:

Hi!!! I feel sad when I didn’t receive any comment from the previous chapter. Where are you girls? Drop some comments will ya.. Your comments always make me feel happy and inspired me to write even better chapter. I didn’t have the time to double checked this chapter, so I hope you girls can pin point me where exactly I did wrong, and I will happily correct it. :) have a nice day to whoever read this story. thanks a lot! :))