New York City.

I Belong To You

 

“Appa!!”

The man smiles when he heard his daughter calling him and quickly reaches for her and drags her to the bed.

“Ye Rin ah, let appa sleep some more.” He snuggles to his daughter but the 3 years old little girl let out a cute giggle since she feels ticklish.

“Appa..”

“All right all right.” He stands up and holds his daughter, walking towards the bathroom. He gives her a small pink toothbrush while he grabs himself a blue toothbrush.

“~ swish left, swish right, everything is allright, swish up swish down, gargle gargle, and smile!!!!~” the man sings it with his daughter.

“Why is your auntie made that song? Is not good at all.” He complaints. Ye Rin saw her father shook his head left to right and giggle.

“Good Morning!!!” 

The couple that already around the counter smile when they saw YeRin runs towards them.

“Good morning Uncle.” Another man lifts up the girl while his wife kisses her cheek. “Good morning to you too Auntie.”

 

“Hi, please take me to New York General Hospital.” HyeRan who just arrived in New York quickly grabs a taxi and go to the hospital.

While in the car, she takes her time to enjoy the morning view of New York. Now she starts to feel happy by her choice of coming here.

“Goodbye seoul, goodbye the old Park HyeRan.”

“First time coming here missy?” The taxi driver asks her, making she stops thinking about the past. “Yeah.”

“You come for holiday or business trip?”

“Work.”

 

“Did you saw him? Oh god, he is so handsome. How can he be that handsome!!” few nurse chat behind the counter.

The head nurse comes and knocked on the counter, “Ashley, Jasmine, please behave.”

The man holds his daughter and he stops by at his office. “YeRin ah, wait here okay. I’m going to punch card first.”

“All right appa.”

“Good morning Ashley, Jasmine. Great day today huh?”

The two nurse nodded and smiles, “Good morning Dr. Kim.”

He then walks back to his office and opens the door, “Come YeRin.”

The little girl composed her steps towards her appa and her father lifts her up when she hugs his legs.

While walking towards the hospital nursery, Dr.Kim is approached by many staffs and patient as he is well like by the people in the hospital also not to mention, because heis too hot to handle. Yaowza!

 

“Thanks Mister. Here, keep the change a’ight.” HyeRan bid her goodbye and take a deep breath when she saw how big the hospital was, compared to, “Don’t ever think about Seoul HyeRan!”

She shouts a hwaiting before walking towards the entrance of the hospital. “Now, where is the paper, I have all his info in that.” She starts to search her bag and behind her, is YeRin and her dad, walking passed HyeRan, to the hospital nursery.

“YeRin ah, when you grow up, what you want to be?” He asks his daughter while his lips can’t stop smiling towards people who smiles when they saw him.

YeRin smiles, “a doctor like uncle and appa!”

“Good girl!!”

 

“Where is it!!!!!!!” HyeRan almost screamed on top of her lung if she wasn’t in the middle of the hospital.

A safety officer comes to her, “are you all right miss? Can I help you?”

Give up to search for that paper, she smiles when she saw his name tag, “hi James. Can you take me to the staff here, I need to see one of them.”

The man called James smiles too and said, “Sure. Let me show you.”

 

“YeRin ah, appa will come to you later okay, if Uncle goes home early, you go back with him arasso?” Dr.Kim fixed her daughter shirt and kisses her cheek, “Arasso appa!”

The guardian at the nursery, who he called Yvonne greets him good morning. He replied it and kisses her cheek. “Be a good girl with Grandma Yvonne all right. ”

YeRin nodded her head.

“Many shift today Dr.Kim?”

He nodded his head, “I heard today we are expecting a new staff, so it’s going to be a long day.”

“I understand.” Grandma Yvonne pats his shoulder.

“YeRin ah, appa go first okay!!!”

YeRin didn’t answer since she is so mesmerized with the toys.

 

“Good Morning.” HyeRan greets the two nurses behind the counter.

Ashley and Jasmine smile to her too. “Good Morning. Can I help you?” Jasmine replied.

“Hmm.. actually I supposed to check in today but I lost the paper that contains the name that I should refer with. So…”

Jasmine smiles, “I can help you with that. Can you give me any details about the doctor?”

“here’s the funny thing, all I remember is that he is Korean doctor.” Ashley shook her head left and right while Jasmine still smiling, “that’s easy, in here, we only got two Korean doctor, one in children department while another one is emergency department. Is there anything more you remember?”

“Just let me meet one of the doctor, I’m sure that he will recognize me.”

Hearing that, Ashley quickly dialed up Dr. Kim number, “Ashley here, tell Dr. Kim someone is searching for him. Jasmine will take her there.”

Hearing that tone, HyeRan is getting the feeling that this Ashley nurse does not really like her. Meanwhile, Jasmine has been such a sweetheart.

“Yes Miss. Let me take you to Dr.Kim.”

 

KNOCK KNOCK

“Come in…”

“Hi Dr. Kim!”

The doctor smiles cutely when he saw her, “hey Jasmine. Whassup?”

“there’s somebody said she wants to see you.”

Dr. Kim look up and, “me? I don’t expect anyone.”

“I know. But this is special case. Can I bring her in?”

“Yeah, let her in.”

Jasmine turns back and opens the door, “You may enter Miss.”

“Oh please call me Hye—Eloise.” She shakes hand with Jasmine, “Thanks.”

Dr. Kim is signing his document and stops when HyeRan steps into the room. HyeRan scanned the room and saw many kids drawing on the wall. The room looks like a kindergarten rather than a doctor room. Well, it’s likely to be one since he is in the children department.

“Hi, Good morning Dr. Kim, my name is Park Hye Ran, but I prefer to be called Eloise. Nice to meet you.” HyeRan shakes hand with him.

“Good Morning, my name is Kim JunSu. Nice to meet you too Eloise.”

First thought that come through HyeRan mind is this doctor is so cute! With his cute voice! Cute room!!

“How can I help you? Because I’m not expecting anyone actually.” JunSu puts his both arms on the table.

“Oh yeah, I came from Seoul and Prof Lee said his nephew works here. He gave me a paper on whom I should meet unfortunately, due to my carelessness, I lost that paper. They said here only got two Korean doctor, so here I am.”

Dr. Kim smiles towards that young doctor and leaned back, “I’m sorry Miss Eloise, I think you supposed to meet another Doctor, not me.”

HyeRan shoulder fell flat, “Really? It’s okay. Can you tell me where is another Doctor room is??”

“Now, that is another case, he just went out and will be back after lunch since he got to go somewhere after fetches his friends at the airport.”

HyeRan sighed, “First day and already this hard.”

JunSu laugh. “How about you take a tour in this hospital or find yourself a hotel to stay. I’m sure you come here straight from airport.”

“I think that’s the best idea. Thanks Dr. Kim.”

“Welcome.”

She pressed the elevator button and 10 seconds after that, the elevator door opens. Revealing a grandmother with her granddaughter.

“Grandma, why I back so early today?” YeRin asks Yvonne while her both hand are hugging Yvonne neck.

“Your father has to meet someone. That’s why.”

HyeRan smiles when she saw YeRin is looking at her. “You are pretty.” YeRin suddenly compliment her, making all her tiredness disappear. She replies, “thank you. You are pretty too young lady.”

Grandma Yvonne turns around and shakes hand with her, “I’m her guardian, Yvonne Turner.”

“New staff in here, Eloise Park.”

TING!

“see you later.” Grandma Yvonne and HyeRan said it together and replied each other with a smile.

They arrived at the lobby and YeRin wave her small hand toward her and she waves her too. YeRin and grandma Yvonne went to left side while HyeRan on the opposite side.

 

“Where is she?”

YeRin father already in his car, waiting for YeRin, he is going to take YeRin to the airport too.

“Appa!!” He immediately runs to Yvonne when he heard that cute little voice, “Thanks Yvonee. I’m sorry for making you go down here. I totally forgot that I have to go to the airport.”

Grandma Yvonne smiles, “save your explanation Dr. Kim, go now.”

YeRin quickly plant a kiss on Grandma Yvonne cheek and waves her goodbye.

“YeRin ah, I have to drive fast, so,” he pulls the seat belt, “please behave arasso.” He then hand her the stuffed dolphin animal that his Uncle gave her last week.

YeRin hugs the dolphin and yell, “Arasso!!!”

After putting the seat belt on himself, he quickly drives out from the airport.

 

“The nurse said Starbucks is just around the corner, but why I couldn’t see it?” HyeRan look left and right but still doesn’t see it. When she just about to turn around, she spots a Starbuck a little bit far on her left side.

“Allright, let’s grab a latte and I’m off to go!” she cross the road without thinking that there will be a car coming through from her right side.

He is looking at YeRin and didn’t pay attention at all on the road in front of him as usually there’s no people passing there.

YeRin smiles to her dad and her eyes immediately saw a figure in front of her car, “Appa!!!”

He turns in front and hit the brake, while HyeRan is already fall on the road.

 

“What a loser!”

HyeRan said in Korean while queuing in the line, and now she realized her line didn’t move a bit for almost 5 minutes already! She takes a peek in front and saw a women with a long brown wavy hair is talking while her hand goes up and down.

“What’s wrong with her?” she said to herself. Apparently the person in front of her heard her, “she is letting out her anger on the waiter for making her wait for a long time and in the end gave her the wrong coffee.”

formed an ‘O’ shape.

Finally, after the other customers calm her down, she is willing to let go. She walks passed HyeRan and immediately she caught her saying, “pabo!”

She looks at her and decides whether she should approach her or not, maybe she know where she should spend tonight.

“Wait!!! Miss!!!”

 

“Now, you can stay with me HyeRan sshi.” The miss leaned in front and pinch HyeRan cheek. HyeRan gasped.

The woman let out a cute giggle sound, “you are so cute! We have a spare room in the house. So, you can stay with us.”

“I’m sorry, but did you just say we, us?” The woman nodded her head, “Yeah why?”

“Who is another one?”

“Oh, is my husband.” HyeRan gulped down her own saliva, “then, I think I will not accepting your offer. I don’t want to disturb both of you.”

The woman waves her hand, “oh no, don’t get me wrong. It’s not only him, there also another family member. Don’t worry, you are just right to be another member of the house.”

“Wow…” HyeRan replied.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing. But you are very trustful person. We just met today but you already invite me to stay at your house.”

She laughed and HyeRan thought that was a pretty laugh. This woman in front of her is very pretty indeed. With a pair of big eyes, long wavy hair, that Asian skin.

She holds HyeRan hand, “is your eyes. I sense some sadness in it and you have a pair of very pretty eyes.  Don’t let the sadness take it away. I believe you at the moment I saw you enter the coffee house with an annoyed look plastered on your face.”

“You saw that??!!”

“Of course, I think everyone saw that. Luckily they don’t understand what you curse to that poor man.”

And then it hit her, she try not to laugh but in the end, both of them laughed out loud totally ignoring many pairs of eyes are looking at them.

 

“Dear Park HyeRan,

Today has been a rough day on you and luckily it was saved by this pretty woman. Thank you Jang Ri In for providing a shelter for me. Life has been so hard. It will be worse if it wasn’t by you. Thank you once again. Goodbye the old Park HyeRan, and hello Eloise Park. No more love, no more drama. Just you and this whole new world, new experience. New York city, please be nice for me. Goodbye Jung Yunho. You have taught me what first love is and I will bury it deep deep inside of me. Eloise Park, hwaiting!!! ”

 

THE END

 

Author’s note: Hey hey hey!!! Is the last chapter of I Belong To You!!!! Tsk tsk!! I maybe not receive a lot comments but it sure give me one new experience as I finally able to finish my 1st story!!! Yay for me!!! And totally yay for you to the readers that keep reading it although it has infinite flaws. Now, I’m not sure whether I will continue with this story or I will post another story. But please don’t stop giving me support my dearies. I love you and you know that. Thank you once again. A big warm lovely hug from me. Bye!!!

p/s: I know you know who is YeRin father right? *wink wink*

pp/s: have everyone listen to “I dream” – 15&, “It’s cold”- Epik High feat Lee Hayi and “Please don’t…”- K.Will ??? if you haven’t, better go now! Yes, I mean now!!