Guilty Feelings...

I Belong To You

 

“OMG!! I’m late!!”

She grabs her towel and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower as she already late to go to work. Last night event make her went back home late as YunHo reluctantly let her go.

Finish wearing a decent cloth, she grabs her handbag on the study table and went out from her room, without realizing that the white letter accidentally fell on the floor, Shin Hye’s letter.

“You are late today Dr. Park…”

She gasped when somebody hugs her from behind. Hye Ran takes a peek at the hands around her waist and immediately turned around.

“Let go of me YunHo, people are staring..”

She’s right. Some groups of nurse just finished checking the patients walked passed them and eyeing them both. Hye Ran is pretty known with the nurse at the hospital as she always smiled at them first unlike other doctors who are very arrogant and sometime they even show off to the nurses.

“Sorry..”

He pouted and Hye Ran looked at him from head to toe. “What are you doing here? You are not supposed to walk around.”

She is trying to suppress her laugh actually, but YunHo caught her.

“What’s so funny?”

“I never seen a chaebol like this. Wearing slippers and messy hair, no chaebol like at all.” She then laughed out loud, once again gain some attention from the nurses there as they are standing near to the main counter.

YunHo laughed too when he see her laughing happily. He always wants to see her laughing happily in front of him, as in the past he can only see her laughing from far.

“You need to get back to your room, I’m got many work to do today.” She said while reading some of her patients’ records. YunHo snatched the record from her and make her look at him.

“Will you come to my room today?”

Hye Ran shrugged her shoulders. “How about you check it for yourself?” She pointed to the records in YunHo hands and she immediately remembered that YunHo hands are not in good condition yet, so she snatched it away. “Your hands, mister.”

She checked it and smiled, “Nope, there’s no Jung YunHo name in here.”

Before YunHo can say anything, she already walked off. Feeling very sure that YunHo is staring at her, she raised her right hand and waved to him without turning to see him.

“Show off!”

YunHo smirk before slowly walk away.

 

 

 

 

YunHo is lying on the bed when suddenly her mom barging in. “Umma, what are you doing here?”

Mrs. Jung widened her eyes when she saw YunHo chest is wrapped with bandage. “What happen? Are you driving under influence?”

YunHo quickly shook his head. “Umma! I’m not stupid okay. I will not drive under influence. I don’t know.. accident happens.” He continued.

“There’s no way I tell umma that I intentionally crushed the truck.” YunHo said in his thought.

“Then how is this happen?” Mrs. Jung pointed to his chest.

“I don’t want to talk about this. Where’s appa?” He takes a peek behind his mother and coincidentally saw his father just opens the door.

“Appa…” He smiled when he see the old man.

“Oh My son. How are you feeling today?” He caressed YunHo head. “I’m fine. Luckily it’s not very serious. Why are you late than umma?”

 Mr. Jung quickly smiled. “I saw Dr. Park just now.”

Now, YunHo also joined his father, smiling brightly, while Mrs. Jung quickly glares to her husband and son. YunHo eyes caught his mom doing that and wondered why his umma behaves like that.

“Umma, what’s wrong?”

“Your umma doesn’t really like her.” Mr. Jung bluntly said without knowing YunHo is already sensed some trouble is coming.

“How do I want to tell umma that I love Hye Ran, if umma doesn’t even like her?”

 

 

 

 

“Yoboseyo…”

Mrs. Park smiled when she hears the voice of her daughter, Shin Hye.

“Shin Hye ah, it’s umma.”

She is cutting some fabric at that time immediately stop.

“Yes umma.”

“I just want to tell you that YunHo is in the hospital now.”

Shin Hye widened her eyes, “what happen?”

“He involve in an accident. Are you coming back?”

She sighed, “I don’t know umma. I just got here, how I can go back there after few days here. ” She can hear Mrs. Park sighed too.

“Araso.. I will tell Mrs. Jung later. You better make some time to visit him.”

Shin Hye smiled, “of course umma. I got to hang up now, bye umma, miss you.”

 

 

 

 

Although she doesn’t have to check on YunHo today, but she still going to his room, especially after Ye Eun told her that YunHo was asking for her when Ye Eun come to give him his medicine. She knocked on the door and waits for response, weirdly, there is not response coming from the room. She twists the door knob and smiled when she saw YunHo is sleeping soundly on the bed.

She walked to him and checks his records first. “Good, getting better.” She said it above whisper.

She turned her attention to YunHo back and saw his mouth is slightly open. She accidentally let out a chuckle and quickly covers .

Flashback

Shin Hye and Hye Ran are walking at the school hallway when suddenly a girl from behind accidentally bumped to Hye Ran, causing her to fall.

“I’m sorry I’m sorry…” The girl said but still didn’t stop from running, Hye Ran then caught the girl enter the school library and immediately notice there are a pool of female students are peeking to see inside the school library.

Shin Hye saw where her eyes landed and help her to get up before they both walked to the school library.

“What are they looking actually?” Hye Ran pushed few students there to be able stand in front of the line and peek too.

Shin Hye arrived at her side and peek too.

Hye Ran and Shin Hye widened when they see YunHo is sleeping on the thick book and his mouth is slightly open while ChangMin is studying without even care that there are many students are looking at them both right now. Some of them even take pictures of YunHo while saying ‘he is cute’or whatsoever..

Hye Ran makes disgust face and pushed some girls to get out from the pool. Without her even knowing, her best friend is blushing when she see the face of YunHo sleeping.

“He is cute…” Shin Hye mumbled.

End of Flashback

She wants to turn around when suddenly she hears YunHo mumbling her name. She turns back and saw YunHo is winced in pain while putting his hand on his chest. She step forward and check on him.

“I’ve told you, don’t move around too much.” She said while helping YunHo sits not before he brightly smiled when he saw her.

“I’m bored. ChangMin got some work to do at the airport and my parent have to go to ShangHai to take some business. And you are busy too…”

He pouts. He, himself doesn’t even know why he always act like a child when he is around Hye Ran. Nobody has seen this side of him as he always appear manly and charismatic in front of everybody, including his parent and ChangMin.

“Serves you right. Who told you to do a really stupid act?” She sits on the bed too while caressing his hair, “What if something even bad happens to you? What will happen to me?”

YunHo looked at her full of love, “How about you tell me?” He caressed her hands.

“I don’t know, maybe I get married with Senior Shim. Since he’s quite a catch.” She giggled when YunHo immediately make a sour face.

“Yah! How can you say that?!”

Hye Ran giggled a little bit louder. Ye Eun who passed in front of the room quickly smiled when she heard her laughter.

“I never once heard she laughed like that.” She mumbled and bows when she saw a person is coming to her directions.

ChangMin who just got back from the airport come to visit him quickly opens the door when he heard someone is laughing inside.

 Hye Ran let go of YunHo hands and quickly stands up when she heard someone opens the door.

“ChangMin yah!” YunHo called out and Hye Ran turns her head. “Senior Shim!”

Both are happy when they saw him and ChangMin sits on the spot when Hye Ran sits earlier. “How’s you?” He then looked at Hye Ran, “already lunch?” YunHo looked at her too.

“I’m going to have one now.” Hye Ran bows and ready to leave the room when suddenly ChangMin said, “Let’s us have lunch together.”

YunHo couldn’t agree more.

 

 

 

 

One week passed, YunHo still in the hospital. All this time is Hye Ran who takes care of him as YunHo only want Hye Ran help him with the medicine or help him to wrap the bandage on his chest. As for Hye Ran, she will tried her best to avoid checking on YunHo as she knows that if the checking supposed to be only 5 to 10 minutes,  but with YunHo, she will end up in his room for almost half an hour. That’s why she always drags Ye Eun accompanying her so that YunHo will not do anything funny in front of the young nurse. Unless she really has to check on his condition, she will avoid entering D45. However, she always visit him when he just eaten his medicine because at that time he will sleep soundly from the medicine effect.

YunHo thought she is avoiding him because she seems to less talk with him recently. Just when he is in his deep thought, Hye Ran enters him room, alone.

“Good afternoon YunHo sshi..” She greets him and YunHo looked at her with weird expressions. “What are you trying to do Hye Ran?”

She didn’t answer him, like always she looked at the patience record and then will proceed to check on the patience body. “It’s like you are getting healthy YunHo sshi..”

YunHo ignored her and keep staring at the doctor, “Why suddenly you act formal in front of me?”

Once again, Hye Ran ignored him. Feeling very frustrated, he grabs her wrist. “Talk to me Park Hye Ran.” Hye Ran looked at him, “Let go of me YunHo sshi, I’m working now.”

He let go of her wrist and Hye Ran thought she is free to go. But her thought is completely wrong when suddenly YunHo hugs her.

“Let go of me, I still have 3 more patients to go.” She smacks his already recovered hand. YunHo smiled.

“There’s nobody in here. Let me be. And I really miss you.” He takes a deep breath and sensed the same scent of her, lavender.

“Lavender suits you.” Hye Ran stops giving him cold shoulder and sighed, YunHo can feel that she is at ease. “What happen?”

Hye Ran shook her head. “Let me go, I need to check other patients.”

This time is YunHo turns to shook his head, “You better tell me otherwise I will not letting you go.” He proved his words while hugging her tighter.

“Promise me you will come back to me after you are done with your work.” Hye Ran sighed once again, there’s no point to keep arguing with him. “Araso.. I will come back later when my shift end.” She gave him a hard slap on his arms but YunHo just gives her his y smirk before waves crazily to Hye Ran who is twisting on the doorknob.

“I love you!!!” He makes a heart sign above his head.

YunHo then laughed out loud when he saw his girlfriend shows him her fist.

Flashback

It was before YunHo and ChangMin be friends with Hye Ran.

“Where are you going after this?” ChangMin who is walking beside him stopped when he caught some female students are having a fight on the hill top. Judging by the school uniforms, they are from the same school. He pulled YunHo who already walking ahead of him and showed it to him.

“Come…” YunHo runs to them first. By the time they arrived, the scene is out of control. But what caught ChangMin eyes are Shin Hye being beaten by the two people while Hye Ran caught YunHo eyes when he saw she is sitting on the leader of the group while punching the face of the person below her. ChangMin drags Shin Hye and stands in front of her while YunHo easily grabs Hye Ran and make her stands.

“Enough..” YunHo said after recognizes that is the girl that he took to the doctor. He looks at ChangMin who is having trouble handling them three, “ENOUGH!!!”

All the females stop from what they are doing but Hye Ran who is already recognizes YunHo keep struggling from YunHo grips. “I said enough…” he looked at her sternly making the small girl stops.

“don’t you feel ashamed of yourself?” YunHo said and earning a glare from Hye Ran. He realized he has talk too much, so he keeps quiet. The female leader fixed her school uniform and her hair. She grabs her school bag and shouted, “I’m not finish with you two. Let’s go!”

Two followers also grab their school bags while rubbing the place where Shin Hye had hit them. After a while, they both calm down. Hye Ran who hates YunHo since the day he pulled her down, pulled away her hand “Let me go.”

 

ChangMin and YunHo looked at them both and he noticed that Hye Ran lips is bleeding while ChangMin keep eyeing Shin Hye limping. They immediately yelled “Wait!” bit of them ignored them. The next day at school, YunHo is trying to search for Hye Ran to gives her the cream that he always used whenever his lips injured during taekwondo tournament. However, when he found her, her lips already been treated.

“Yah. What are you doing?” ChangMin asked when he saw YunHo slips in the cream into his pocket.

“I supposed that is for the kid.” YunHo nodded his head. “Don’t worry, she knew how to take care of herself since she is also a taekwondo student.”

YunHo eyes widened when he heard that. “You don’t recognize her? She won the title District Best Girl Exponent Award last year.”

“I don’t know that..” He said and ChangMin looked at him, “Oh yeah! You are badly injured at that time. I saw her. Don’t you see her moves yesterday? She is sitting on the leader although she is the junior.” ChangMin laughed when he remembered yesterday scene. Never once in his life he saw female fighting except at Taekwon-Do Tournament. ChangMin stops from laughing when he saw YunHo is staring at Hye Ran who is putting her books inside her locker.

“You like her…” ChangMin whispers to himself.

End of Flashback

 

“Yah! What are you staring at?” YunHo jumped a bit when ChangMin suddenly hit his shoulder. The young pilot chuckled.

“Nothing.. dinner already?” YunHo asked and received a nod from his best friend. “Gosh, I start to missing the outside food. This is going to be my last time in the hospital. Everything they gave me taste like !”

They both laughed out loud and ChangMin grabs his bag and takes out something nice,

“Pizza…”

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Mr. Jung is talking with Mr. Park on the phone discussing about the design of his office which already half done.

“Yeon Woo ah, I think it’s time for them to get engaged.” Mr. Park frown his eyebrows. “I thought they want to postpone--”

“That’s what I said, let them engaged first.”

“Araso, I will tell my wife.”

Mr. Jung is thinking about his conversation on that day with Hye Ran.

Flashback

“So you keep meeting YunHo?” They both sit at the cafeteria to have a drink since Mr. Jung is thirsty.

Hye Ran nodded her head, it’s true. She met him every day since he is her patience. Seeing Mr. Jung actually reminds her of Shin Hye. She already not seen her for a few days but that’s actually quite normal because sometimes she doesn’t even met her for one week.

“How you think about him?” Mr. Jung asked her again.

Hearing Mr. Jung asked her that question once again makes her thinking about Shin Hye. She feels guilty as she has a relationship with her future brother in-law. Yes, they may be postponed their marriage, but that doesn’t mean they will not getting married.

“He is a nice man. Quite affectionate.” She is trying her best to tell Mr. Jung about her opinion on YunHo being her brother in-law.

“That’s what I want to hear actually..”

End of Flashback

 

Hye Ran looked at her watch, her shift already end half an hour ago but still , here she is. Sitting on her leather chair and keep thinking about the conversation she had with Mr. Jung one week ago. That’s actually one of the reasons she have been slowly avoid from meeting YunHo. How she is going to answer if the elders found out about them both. Will she willingly let YunHo go? Or will she have the heart to hurt Shin Hye and her family who she always feels grateful with?

She sighed and stands up. She already missed him so much and decided that she will think about it later. She walked and walked until she reached in front of D45 room.

 

She twists the door knob. Hye Ran widened her eyes when she saw ChangMin and YunHo are running around in the room, trying to hide the empty pizza box.

“What are you doing?”

They both give her a nervous laughter and Hye Ran steps forward. “3 boxes? Large?”

YunHo use his eyes to make Hye Ran look at ChangMin but he caught that. “Yah! We both eat it! Why are you putting all the blame on me?!” He then smacked YunHo head.

“Senior Shim!!” Hye Ran rushed forward when YunHo winced in pain. “Are you okay?” She rubs his head.

ChangMin immediately sensed something wrong with this two. He saw how Hye Ran is rubbing YunHo head like she already used to and seeing YunHo holds her hand confirmed his theory. “Wait! There is something you both hide from me isn’t it?” 

YunHo and Hye Ran then looked away awkwardly. They both have agreed that they will not telling anyone about their relationship since everybody knows YunHo will be getting married to Shin Hye. “We.. we are in relationship…” YunHo mumbled.

“Yahh!!” Hye Ran and ChangMin yelled together!

 

 

 

 

“Umma, I will be coming home next week.”

Mrs. Park reads the message that Shin Hye sent and immediately send message to Mrs. Jung.

 

 

 

 

“Waah.. can’t believe both of you still doing this….”

He shook his head. “You both left me out although I know the history of both of you!” He then stands up.

“Where are you going?” YunHo asked while eyeing him grabs his jacket.

“Home! I don’t want to be in the center of lovebirds.”

Hye Ran stands up too. “Senior Shim…”

ChangMin turns around and put a hand on her shoulder, “I know, just like old times, I will not telling anyone about this.”

Both of them smiled while YunHo shots them both a questioning looks. ChangMin waved to them both and walked out the door.

“Finally…” He smile and walked away.

Hye Ran turns to face YunHo who is already lying on the bed. “Waah.. that’s what you do after your stomach full huh?”

YunHo smiles and pats the empty seat beside him. Hye Ran sits there and without giving any chance for her to speak, he pulled her down and make her put her head on his arms while another arms wrapped around her waist. Hye Ran face YunHo chest and slowly puts her arms on YunHo waist too.

“Tonight, we don’t have to talk anything. Just lay beside me like this already make my heart happy.” He said and kissed on Hye Ran forehead.

After about 3 hours of hugging each other, Hye Ran opens back her eyes. Her intention is to sleep there but thinking that she needs to get back home, she slowly put away YunHo arms and stands up.

                             Sleepy head,

                                        I’m going back home first since I have morning schedule tomorrow

                                                                                                                                   Love you,

                                                                                                                                        HR

She sticks the post-it notes on YunHo forehead before left the room.

 

“I’m home…” She announce when she steps inside her house.

“Oh Hye Ran ah, already eat?” YooChun who is watching the midnight movie turns to her.

“I already did. I’m going up first.” YooChun nodded his head and continue to watch the TV.

She actually feels awkward being around YooChun after she knew that YooChun is not her biological brother, but thinking that he already took cares of her all these years, she have to push aside that stupid awkwardness.

She finished her shower when she saw there’s a white envelop on the floor. She picks it up and immediately recognized that is Shin Hye handwriting.

Dear dongsaeng,

             I’m sorry I’m leaving Korea without saying a proper goodbye to you. I guess, I’m really afraid until I decided to leave Korea and go to Paris for a few months. Don’t worry, my friend who came to our house last time willing to help me.

Hye Ran ah,

           Take care of our parent, not to forget our oppa too. Make some time to spend with them. I guess umma will be boring since I’m already in Paris. Tell oppa to spend some time with umma too. It’s always me who accompanying me, what about you two?

Lastly, if you have time, why don’t you spend some time with YunHo oppa too? Maybe you will like him as your brother in-law. I’m sorry I never introduced both of you formally but can’t blame me since you are the one who always busy!

Come here if you have time, which I doubt you will have.

I love you with all my heart Hye Ran ah..

                                                                                                                       Shin Hye

“Oh no, what did I do?” She wiped away the tears that already formed after she starts to read the letter just now.