Our sweet high-school memories....

I Belong To You

 

“What is this?”

ChangMin and YunHo now at the hospital mini garden, since it’s so late at night, there are only two of them staying there.

YunHo is going to take the lid off when suddenly ChangMin interrupted him. “I hope you will not feel anything bad after knowing what’s in the box.” YunHo looked at ChangMin with confused expression.

ChangMin nodded his head signaling him to open the box. So, with a deep breath, he opened the box.

“Isn’t this Park Hye Ran sshi?” YunHo asked and ChangMin nodded his head.

“Wait a minute…” YunHo looked up, “No wonder I feel like I heard her name before.”

ChangMin took the picture and showed to YunHo, “Do you remember her now?”

YunHo shook his head. “Can you tell me?”

ChangMin put the picture into the box and stands up, “We are going to my house, I doubt you still keep it in your house.” He then walked to exit the mini garden.

“Wait.. What did I didn’t keep it in my house?”

YunHo grabs the box and quickly followed ChangMin.

 

 

The two of them were in ChangMin study room. YunHo sat on the chair in front of ChangMin study desk. ChangMin then took out his high school year book. First, he flipped it to the senior page. After found it, he put it on the desk and showed it to YunHo.

“That’s me.” YunHo said, he then received a nodded from his best friend. “What do you expect me to say? That I don’t know myself?” YunHo said while making a confused expression.

“I just want to see whether you still remember your high school memories. If you remember yourself, you probably remember her.” ChangMin then reached for the medium sized box. He opened the lid and search for the most important thing to make him remember about her.

“Ahh.. found it.” He smiled. Then took out a pile of envelopes which already been tied using rope and hand it to YunHo.

“What is this?” YunHo asked.

“When you have the time, read all this. I’m sure you will remember her in no time. Your memories with her were all written here. You tell her everything except how many times you went to the toilet.” ChangMin joked and received a glared from YunHo.

YunHo scanned the brownish envelope. He then looked at ChangMin. “How do you know about this?”

ChangMin gave him disbelieved looked. “Are you serious?” when he received nothing from YunHo he sighed, gave up. “all right.. I was your unpaid postmen you know! I delivered all the letters from you to her and from her to you! Was I that really unimportant? Aah.. really.. Come to think of it, you never treated me anything!! Listen, once you already remembered who she is, I will definitely claimed everything! Hye Ran is better way better than you; she sometimes treated me during recess.”  

After ChangMin blabbed, YunHo still keep quiet while looking down at the envelopes. “Yah.. YunHo yah.. why are you not saying anything?”

YunHo looked up at ChangMin and shrugged his shoulders. “If she is so important to me, why did I forget about her? And why she can’t remember me?”

ChangMin can sense the sadness in YunHo voice; he walked to YunHo and patted his best friend shoulder.

“I don’t know YunHo.. Well, it’s up to you to reveal the reason.” He then leaved YunHo in his study room.

 

 

Hye Ran is finally backed to her home after working 2 days non-stop. However, she arrived at her house during midnight, so there is nobody in the living room; all of them are sleeping soundly. She wears her house slipper and went to the kitchen to have something to drink.

“Ah.. it’s refreshing.” Hye Ran let out a smile. She washed the mug and put it back on the rack.

She climbed the stairs and suddenly she received a message.

Sleep already?”

She tilted her head, she mumbles the number shown. “Whose number is this?”

I’m sorry but who are you?”

 “It’s me. Jung YunHo

The tired Hye Ran suddenly smiled when she saw the name. And when she caught herself smiling on his name she suddenly frowned.

“Why he suddenly text me?” she mumbled and suddenly a pair of hands suddenly on her shoulders, making her screamed.

She turned around and saw YooChun is covering his mouth while laughing.

“Oppa!!”

She yelled and beats Yoochun chest, arms, and shoulders many times while Yoochun winced in pain. “Serves you right, who told you to scare me like that.”

YooChun laughed back. Hye Ran reply YunHo message and climb the stairs without even care about YooChun there.

“Good Night!” YooChun yelled from downstairs and received a loud smack door sound from his little sister. Hye Ran throws her handbag on the study table and she lazily lied on the bed. Suddenly there’s a beep from her phone, indicating she got message.

She excitedly rolled on her bed and grabbed the phone.

Do you like to read manga?

Upon read the message, she replied it while laughing. Well, the truth is she never tried to read manga before.

hmm.. I don’t know. I never try to read it before. But why is the sudden?”

YunHo scanned the letter and replied the message.

Nothing. I’m just curious. Would you like to give a try?”

Hye Ran thinks about it for a while and decided why not she tries it? She smiled and quickly replied, “I would love to.”

 YunHo already reached his home when he received the message from Hye Ran. He takes out the manga in the box and hopefully the truth about them will come out.

 

 

“Mr. Jung, there’s someone who likes to meet you.” The nurse who in charge of Mr. Jung informed him and Mr. Jung nodded his head.

“Good Morning Hae Bum ah.”

Mr. Jung laughed slowly when he saw his so called rival. Mr. Park is standing smartly at the door while holding a bouquet a flower.

“Good Morning Yeon Woo.”

Mr. Park walked towards Mr. Jung and shakes hand with him. “How are you feeling?”

“Well, as you can see, I’m still alive.”

Mr. Park lightly punched Mr. Jung’s right arms and they both laughed slowly. The nurse smiled upon seeing them both and before she left, she reminds Mr. Jung that his doctor will check on him later. Mr. Jung nodded his head and the nurse left.

“So, when will you get out from here?” Mr. Park asked.

The sick man smiled upon hearing the question, every time people visited him, they will asked the same question, even his wife.

“I don’t know actually, how about you ask my doctor once she comes in.” he then looked at the flower on the small table. “Thanks for the flower.”

Mr. Park smiled. “Actually, you should thanks to both my daughter. They spend time to arrange the flower.”

“You have daughters? I didn’t know that.” Mr. Jung said.

Mr. Park shows him a disgust look. “Since when we ever talked about our family to each other? All we discuss is about work. I also know that you have a son recently.”

 While they are chatting, the door suddenly is being knocked and revealed Hye Ran entering the door without looking who actually inside the room because she is too focusing on the patient report on her right hand while her left hand fixed her glasses.

“There’s my daughter!” Mr. Park happily exclaimed and that makes Hye Ran shocked.

“Appa, what are you doing here?” Hye Ran kissed her father cheek and put her left hand on his shoulder. “You both know each other?” The elder didn’t answered and just laughing. Hye Ran thinks the connection and silently cursed herself for not thinking about it earlier.

“Of course you know each other. I’m sorry Mr. Jung.” Hye Ran bowed.

“Ah.. Never mind. I didn’t mind at all.” The patient smiled and slightly waved his hand.

“So, you are his doctor?” Mr. Park put his arms around Hye Ran waist and she nodded her head. “Is he okay now?”

Mr. Jung looked at Hye Ran while the doctor once again checked upon the patient record. “Yup! Much much better than before. In fact, if Mr. Jung wants to check out today, you also can. You want me to call YunHo sshi?”

Hye Ran statement gain interest on the both elder. “You knew YunHo?” Mr. Jung asked. Hye Ran starts to feel uneasy. She looks everywhere and finally remembers the project with his company.

“Yes, because I also in charge of designing your office.” Mr. Jung is shocked and impressed. “You are also good at designing?” Instead of answering, she is just smiling towards him. He father gives her uneasy looks.

After concluded that Mr. Jung wants to check out today and he asked Hye Ran to inform his son, she left the ward and quickly walks to her office. She lays her on the comfortable leather chair and sighed. Just when she about to put her head on the table, she remembers that she need to inform YunHo about his dad. She takes out her iPhone and search for YunHo phone number.

“Yoboseyo.” YunHo voice greets her.

“Yoboseyo, YunHo sshi.” Hye Ran clears .

“I’m sorry, who is this?”

YunHo didn’t recognize the voice and he didn’t even bother to take a look at the caller ID because he is too occupied with his works. In fact, he is typing on his laptop while talking on the phone.

“This is Hye Ran.”

Immediately, her fingers stops running on the keyboard. He waits patiently for Hye Ran to continue. When Hye Ran doesn’t give a hint she wants to continue, he answered.

“Yes Hye Ran sshi. What can I do for you? Are you calling me about my father or about our project?”   Once again, he patiently waits her answer.

“It’s about your father……”

Before Hye Ran could finish, he already butts in! “Father? What happen to my father?” YunHo is standing up now.

“No no no no no.. nothing is happen to Mr. Jung. I just want to say that you can pick him today as he can check out already.”

Hye Ran can hear YunHo is letting out a sigh. She tried to suppress her chuckle, but YunHo caught the sound.

“Are you laughing at me?”

“No…”

“Who told you didn’t finish your sentence…” YunHo sits back and twirl his chair to face the wall behind him.

“Who doesn’t let me to finish it?”

“Ek.. hehe.. true..”

By the time she heard that, she couldn’t hold her laughter. She laughed and stops when a nurse is knocking on the door.

“Dr. Park, you need to check up on your next patient.”

YunHo heard that and when Hye Ran said, ‘Hello’, he immediately said, “Ok, got to go. I’ll see you this evening.”

“Okay.”

YunHo opens his drawer and take out two brownish envelopes. He then take out the letter and read it.

 

Dear Senior J,

            Thanks for the tips that you gave me last time. I really did score on History subject. I think you gave me the passion to study about our country history after you tell me a little ebit about your great grandfather.

           Owh almost forgot! Thanks for the ‘Good Luck’ keychain too! I never knew you have talent in sewing. Waah.. you have the good housewife material. Jjang!! Kekeke!!

            Anyway, is there any latest manga at ahjusshi shop? If do then can we shared it again? Your type of manga always suits me.

p/s: why do guys always have an ugly handwriting? But Senior S handwriting is perfect! Face it, you are a loser senior!

                                                                                                                        HR

 

Dear humpty dumpty,

            History is a boring subject, but it can be interesting if you actually understands what they gonna tell us. It’s good to hear that I gave you the passion to study. You may apply it on other subjects too. Make yourself worth!

The keychain is nothing. One of my classmates sells it and since you are having exam, I bought it for you. So, I have no talent in sewing at all. Therefore, I’m not a good housewife. Haha!

I already met with the ahjusshi and he said there will some new manga arrive next week. I’m not gonna shared it with you, so you have to save your own pocket money! That’s what you get for calling me a loser!

p/s: I saw you fall asleep in your class with your mouth open. HAHAHA! Who is the loser now huh? And I don’t care about my handwriting at all. They are perfect to me!

                                                                                                                        JYH

YunHo take a look at his handwriting on the paper and compare it to the one in the letter. 

"It doesn't change much." YunHo thought and let out a sigh. 

"I need to know why both of us don't remember each other."

 

 

“Hi, I would like to get a latte please.” Shin Hye orders while watching the Starbucks staff do her latte. The ring suddenly chimed indicates there are people enter the café. But, She doesn’t even bother to look at them and patiently waits for her latter. Suddenly her ears caught 2 girls behind her gossiping.

“With handsome face like that, he should be a model, not a pilot.” One of the girls said.

“True! I wonder who his girlfriend is.” The other girl said.

“Thanks.” Shin Hye smiles when she receives her latte and was giving the staff the money but the two girls behind her is so buzy watching the guy until they accidentally push Shin Hye. The latte in her grip fell and spilled on the counter.

“Oops..” One of the girls said. Shin Hye is expecting them to say sorry, but instead of that, they laugh at her because the spilled latte already ruined the white loose blouse she wears.

Making an irritated face, Shin Hye looks at her blouse and faces them back. “Are you not going to apologize?”

Those two girls scanned her from head to toe. “I don’t think you are royal family though, so just deal with it.”

“Bwoh?” Shin Hye voice slightly raised and gains few attentions of the customers inside the café. The staff behind the counter already looks scared.  

“Miss, it’s alright, it’s my fault, I’m sorry. I can make you another latte, it’s on the house.” The staff reached out her hand to grabs Shin Hye arms.

“Don’t try to touch me. It’s not your fault and why you have to apologize on behalf of these ugly girls? ” Shin Hye statement make the girls really pissed until they fold their sleeves up until their elbow.

“Did I say it wrongly? I don’t think so. If the person is ugly, they still can change with the help of their nice attitude and fashion. But on your case, you attitude is really unacceptable and that fashion of yours are really 3000 years old ago.” Shin Hye scanned them both from head to toe and scoffed. “That shoes is so from the stone era, and your shirt, come on, find your own size, not your brother size.” Shin Hye stops when she realizes a lot of customers is watching her now; she doesn’t want to make her standard down so she clears .

“If you come to my boutique, I will surely provide the latest trend, but too bad, you are my blacklisted customers. Chow lady~” She grabs her purse and snap her fingers in front of them before leaving.

ChangMin who has been watching the scene coughed in shocked. “Since when she become like that? But that’s was amazing!!” He laughed while clapped his hands.

The two girls quickly get out from the café and walk to God knows where.

 

 

Shin Hye walks until she reached her boutique. She pushed the door and her only one worker greets her and when she could smell the strong latte scent, she gasped.

“Omo unnie!! Who did that to you? Palli tell me!! I will kick her !!” She punched to the thin air like a boxer.

“Ah-Ra ah!!” Shin Hye suddenly yelled making her stop and fixed her big thick glasses.

“Wae?” Ah-Ra held her.

Shin Hye look at her then cries like a baby. “I’m so scared!!” Ah-Ra then hugs her and calms her like a mom calms her children.

The ring bells, means there’s a customer come into the boutique. Shin Hye heard that and quickly wiped her tears meanwhile Ah-Ra fixed her dress and after silently count to three, she looked up and showed her professional smiled.

“I’m looking for Shin Hye, Park Shin Hye.”

Hearing the man voice makes Shin Hye turned to face him. “Do I know youuuuuuuuu…….” She cannot finish her sentence and quickly went forward to hugs the man in pilot suit.

“ChangMin oppa!!!”

ChangMin hugs her back and showed his handsome smirked to Ah-Ra. She swears she wants to tear the smirk apart from his face and take it home!

“Long time no see Shin Hye ah..” ChangMin ruffled her hair and she smiles cutely.

“I miss you ChangMin oppa.” Shin Hye confessed and ChangMin smiled. “I know.” Ah-Ra served the coffee and ChangMin suddenly remembered the incident earlier.

“You still didn’t change your clothes?”

Shin Hye who sipped her coffee at that time creased her eyebrows. She puts back the cup and asked, “Why do I have to?”

ChangMin pointed to the pool of latte stained and Shin Hye gasped while trying to cover it. “It’s nothing.”

“You called that nothing? I saw how arrogant you are and luckily I know you, otherwise I surely think that you are some spoiled . But it reminds me that I’d seen worse.” ChangMin said it nonchalantly while Shin Hye gaped disbelieved at him.

“What?” ChangMin take a sip of his coffee.

“It’s you they are talking about?” At that time, Shin Hye can properly scanned ChangMin suit. “Pilot…” Shin Hye mumbled and ruffled her own hair.

“What is it? Tell me..”

Suddenly it hits her, “If you think me of a , then what others think of me?!” She then make a horror face. “I’m dead.”

She cutely throws herself on ChangMin arms. He laughed and wrapped his arms around her.

“Don’t cares about others think….” ChangMin said, but Shin Hye cuts him off.

“Because it’s not them who live your life.”

They both laughed and Ah-Ra looked at them with awe.

 

 

“Did you see how she all over ChangMin oppa?” One of the seniors is in the toilet while fixing their hair. There are 3 girls in front of the mirror fixing their hair and practice how to make cute.

“We all know that ChangMin oppa treats all his friends nicely. But I think that Shin Hye girl think she is special. We really need to teach her a lesson. Like that she will not go near with ChangMin oppa again.”

By the time the leader of the group finished talking, they suddenly heard a flush sound. They stop from what they are doing and when they saw Shin Hye coming out from the cubicles while wiping her hand with a tissue, they looked at her with annoyance. However, they didn’t do anything to her. Shin Hye washed her hand at the sink and her eyes flicked on the mirro and she stared into the reflection of the girls.

“I am special to ChangMin oppa and he treats me extra nicely. So throw away your jealousy and don’t ever dream of him treating you girls like that.” Shin Hye said while wiping her hand with the tissue.

“By the way, that hairstyle is so out dated!” Shin Hye threw the tissue into the dustbin and walked out from the toilet. A few steps then suddenly someone grab her hand. She turned around and saw ChangMin is grinning towards her.

“Good job!” ChangMin gave her two thumbs up and walked away. Just when she wanted to walk again, she suddenly felt something in her pocket. She took out the small piece of paper and read it,

Don’t cares about others think because it’s not them who live your life.

Shin Hye smiled and put it back into her pocket.

 

When the school rings bells, Hye Ran and Shin Hye walk out from the school together. They are busy talking to each other and didn’t realize that the three girls earlier are following them. When they reached into a corner, the girls suddenly stop them and pushed Hye Ran to make her go away as they have unfinished business with Shin Hye. Of course Hye Ran not going away. Instead, she bravely confronted her.

“I already give you the chance to go away but you refused. Well, it doesn’t hurt to beat two people isn’t it?” The leader said and her other follower grinning.

“We’ll see who actually getting beaten up.” Hye Ran answered and Shin Hye stands behind her.

“Boyah..” The leader then laughed. “You thought you can beat me?”

Hye Ran nodded her head. “Of course, otherwise I wouldn’t be so confident am i?”Without wasting any time, the leader pushed Hye Ran away and slapped Shin Hye hard on the cheek. Shin Hye yelled and fell on the road. Hye Ran yelled and fortunately she wears pants under her skirts, she then kick the leader on the head and the leader fell down. The two followers tried to help their leader, but Shin Hye is fast, she grabs her school bags and swings it so it will hit the two followers. Mean while, Hye Ran sits on top of the leader and punched her faces twice and pulled her hair. The leader also pulls Hye Ran hair.

The scene is out of control and they also didn’t show any sign to stop. Thank God YunHo and ChangMin walked by the place. They immediately rushed to them and ChangMin stops the follower and Shin Hye while YunHo drags Hye Ran to the side, letting the leader stands up.

“Let go of me!” Hye Ran yelled.

The leader still couldn’t stop and went forward to grab Hye Ran hair, but YunHo is fast enough to stop her and he held their both head.

“Enough…” YunHo said, but none of them heard them. ChangMin hold Shin Hye from getting near the follower.

“I SAID ENOUGH!!!!”

For the first time, YunHo yelled and all of them shut up. The leader fixed her school uniform and her hair. She grabs her school bag and shouted, “I’m not finish with you two. Let’s go!”

Two followers also grab their school bags while rubbing the place where Shin Hye had hit them. After a while, they both calm dowm. Hye Ran finally said, “Let me go.”

YunHo realized he already hold Hye Ran for a long time and clears his throat. ChangMin also let go of Shin Hye.

“Let’s go unnie.” Hye Ran said and she helped Shin Hye grabs her school bags. Two of them walked without looking back. Shin Hye walked slowly as her legs hurts and Hye Ran can feel the blood on her lips.

ChangMin and YunHo look at each other.

“Wait!”