Lunch date

I Belong To You

 

Both of them together sit on the couch in silence while each of them holding a cup of tea that they had for breakfast just now. The documentary about animal habitat didn’t attract their attention at all although their eyes didn’t leave from staring at the flat TV screen. Clearly shows that there’s something else in their mind.

RING RING

ChangMin jumped a bit when he heard his phone rings. He takes out the phone in his pocket and stared on the screen.

Jung YunHo

Placing down his mug, he takes a looked at Hye Ran – who doesn’t even hear his phone ring, and answer his phone.

“Yoboseyo….”

He clears his throat. “Yes.”

“I thought you will come to pick me up.”

ChangMin can clearly hear the sulk tone in YunHo voice. Is not like he doesn’t want to go, but he is not willing to let Hye Ran stays at home alone. “I’m sure your parent is more important than me. They were there ro pick you up right?”

“Of course. Shin Hye too.”

ChangMin creased his right eyebrows. He doesn’t even know Shin Hye already in town. “When did she arrive?”

Before YunHo can answered, ChangMin heard Shin Hye voice over the phone. “You are with her now?”

YunHo nodded his head and maybe ChangMin can sensed that because he quickly said, “It’s better you spend time with her, she doesn’t even know what happen behind her. I actually feel bad on that girl.”

Once again YunHo nodded his head, as if ChangMin can see that. “I will back to work tomorrow. So, if you free tomorrow, let’s have lunch together.”

ChangMin sighed and take a look at Hye Ran who is standing up now and walks to him, “I see what I can do.”

“Senior.. ”

YunHo manage to catch Hye Ran voice before ChangMin hang up. He keeps on putting his phone at his ear although ChangMin already hang up. As if he does it like that, he can hear Hye Ran voice more. He is indeed already missed Hye Ran, the girl that manage to catch his attention from the moment he knew that they like the same genre of manga.

“Oppa… What are you doing?” Shin Hye pats YunHo shoulder when she realized YunHo didn’t say a word but his phone still at his ear.

YunHo come back to senses and gave her an assured smile, “Ah, nothing.”

Back at ChangMin house, Hye Ran is standing in front of his refrigerator while ChangMin is looking at her with weird look plastered on his face.

“What are you doing actually?”

She turns around and gives him an apologetic expression, “Senior, there’s so many fresh ingredient here, but…..” she puts her lips and he gives her a ‘what’ face. “I can’t cook!” She then goes huwaaaaaa while wiping the tears that keeps flowing. ChangMin quickly goes to her and covers .

“Yah!! Why are you wailing and crying?” He let go of Hye Ran when she looks like she is going to suffocated. “I don’t even ask you to cook for me.” He then wipes his palm on Hye Ran shirt.

Hye Ran sobs and rubs her tummy, “I’m not going to cook for you. Instead, I’m going to cook for me, I’m so hungry right now!”

Just like on cue, her stomach makes a very disturbing sound and ChangMin immediately placed his hand on his forehead. “How can a girl, a doctor to be exact act like this?”

Hye Ran stuck out her tongue and jumped to hugs ChangMin muscular arm. “Senior… Let’s go out to have lunch!”

Of course he couldn’t say no when Hye Ran hugging his arm AND whispers to him that she will go to work if he doesn’t take her out to have her lunch.

After she saw he nods his head, Hye Ran shows him a peace sign when ChangMin cursed her while climbing ups the stairs.

 

Hye Ran closed her door and leaned against it. She took a deep breath and slowly let it out from her lungs. She is proud to herself as she manages to keep her cheerful side in front of ChangMin. It really hurts her to think that her relationship with YunHo will come to end, but compared to the Park family that willing to accept her and raised her until she successfully become an architect and a doctor, she willing to let go her love. Maybe YunHo isn’t her future.

Maybe YunHo is just the person who taught her how to love someone so dearly.

Maybe..

Just maybe..

 

“Oppa, you stay here okay, I will ask the maid to cook the porridge for you.” Shin Hye put down her purse on the bedside table and go down. His parents already went to their office after Mrs. Jung force her husband to join her to give them both some private time. Shin Hye rejects at first, but Mrs. Jung of course, insisted her to stay at home. YunHo couldn’t reject after he saw his mom eyed him. YunHo is going to lie on his bed but stops when he saw his memories box on top of his study desk.

I better put this away. Shin Hye doesn’t need to know this.

He is putting the box away when Shin Hye enters the room. “Oppa, what are you doing? Put that down. Your body is still weak!” She rushed to him and tries to hold the box but YunHo avoids her. “No, I can take care of this.”

Hearing the cold tone from him makes Shin Hye stops from trying to snatch the box. She slowly backs away and sits on one of the chair in YunHo room.

 Why is he seems different from the last time I saw him?

Shin Hye follows his movement until YunHo sits on his bed. “Thanks for picking me up from the hospital.” YunHo said and receive a smile from Shin Hye. “No problem. I didn’t visit oppa before, so take this as my sorry.”

They both smile warmly to each other. “Oh yeah, did Hye Ran met oppa before?”

YunHo can feel his heartbeat is going faster than usual when he heard the name. “Who?”

“Hye Ran. Park Hye Ran. My sister. She is one of the doctors at the hospital.” Shin Hye took out her iPhone and search for Hye Ran picture before she shows it to YunHo.

There! The girl that he love so much is smiling towards him. He couldn’t help but compare how she smiles when she is in front of her and the smile in the picture. This is killing him inside. “Err…”

“Have you seen her before oppa?” Shin Hye flicked to another picture of Hye Ran wearing pajamas.

He doesn’t know whether to answer yes or no as he afraid his answer will be different with Hye Ran later. Knowing Shin Hye, she will definitely asks Hye Ran if she met him or why she didn’t met him.

“Actually, I’m not really sure.”

Shin Hye took the phone away from YunHo eyes and turned away to put her phone back into her purse. “That’s weird. I did tell her before that she should meet you as you both never meet each other.”

When he heard Shin Hye said that, he actually feels very guilty towards that poor lady. Although they postpone their wedding, but still Shin Hye is his fiancée, soon to be wife. Having a relationship with Hye Ran means he is cheating on her. What if Shin Hye suddenly knows about them both? Will she blame Hye Ran or him?

He should settle it properly with her, the woman that stole his heart away, Park Hye Ran.

“Oppa, come, let’s eat.”

YunHo looks at the bowl of porridge and thinks that Shin Hye maybe went down when he is in his deep thought. He is going to reach the spoon in bowl when suddenly Shin Hye snatched it first, making YunHo accidentally touch the warm porridge.

“Omo!” She giggled. “Oppa, let me feed you. Your hands are not very good right? I heard the nurse when omonim sign the paper. ”

 He didn’t reach as his mind is recalling the moment where Hye Ran feed him every time she went to check him up. The moment now is exactly the same when Hye Ran has to feed him-because he keeps on insisting her. The only difference is the person in front of him is Shin Hye, not Hye Ran. Not his lover, Park Hye Ran.

 

ChangMin stops his car when they arrived in front of Yunho and him favorite restaurant. The restaurant has been their favorite hangout for the past 10 years.

“Where are we senior?” Hye Ran pulls off the seatbelt and opens the car door. ChangMin didn’t answer. They both walked to the restaurant and the waiter there immediately recognizes him. He smiled to the waiter and quickly followed him to their seat. Hye Ran followed them both and widened his eyes when she saw there’s someone sit on their seat.

ChangMin look back and puts his hand on her shoulder. “Please, be nice.” Hye Ran reluctantly nodded her head.

“He’s my oppa after all.”

Changmin ruffled her hair and walked to YooChun who already waits them for almost 10 minutes. He smiled when he saw Hye Ran. The table is for 4 person and Hye Ran doesn’t know whom she should sit with. ChangMin or YooChun? Lastly, ChangMin pulled the chair beside YooChun and make a sit gesture. She smiled before taking a seat.

“Thanks.”

The waiter earlier comes and after them 3 orders their food, the silence suddenly become awkward. Hye Ran didn’t notice that as her eyes felled on the empty seat.

Will he be joining?

YooChun looked at Hye Ran before facing ChangMin, “How’s she?”

“She try to make me not worried about her but I know, behind the door, she let out her tears. She actually asks me to go to the work today, but I declined it.” YooChun nodded his head. “That’s so her. However, she needs to go to work tomorrow as the hospital call this morning, saying the head doctor wants to meet her. You told her to off her phone?”

ChangMin shakes his head. “Maybe she just wants to avoid people calls.”

“By the way, Shin Hye is asking about her. I don’t know what to tell her since she still doesn’t know the real story. Luckily my mom has solid reason.”

Hearing YooChun mention about his mom makes ChangMin feels angry suddenly. He still mad on how Hye Ran was treated last night. True, Hye Ran is not her biological daughter, but once she takes the responsibility to be her mom, she should done it properly he thought.

 Hye Ran faces YooChun when she accidentally heard he mention Shin Hye name. “Unnie come home? Why don’t you tell me?” She takes a glance on the empty seat in front of her, and looked at ChangMin. “Do we expect anyone?”

He shakes his head side to side. “Good. Call Shin Hye unnie to join us.” YooChun reluctantly shakes his head. ChangMin joins him too. “Don’t worry, I will keep it from her. Nobody will know about me and-” she pause and swallowed her own saliva. “Senior Jung.”  ChangMin and YooChun looked at each other before YooChun pick up his phone and call his other sister.

 

“Yes oppa.”

Shin Hye answered her phone after handing YunHo a glass of water. “Hye Rannie? She’s there? Sure! I will come.” She happily puts back her phone and turned to YunHo.

“Oppa. What are you looking at me like that?” Shin Hye placed her hand on YunHo other hand.

“Did you just mention Hye Ran?” Shin Hye nodded her head. “I have to leave you as oppa asks me to join him having lunch with Hye Ran. I’m sorry, but I will come later okay.”

She stands up and fixed her scarf. “Don’t forget to turn up the heater later okay. It’s getting cold.” She kissed on his cheek and before she turns around, YunHo grabs her wrist.

“What’s wrong oppa?”

YunHo placed the glass down. “Can I come too?”

“But Op-”

“Please…” He tightens his grip, “I miss her…” he whispers.

 

 

The waiter arrives and served their food. Before he leaved, Hye Ran ordered a chicken steak for Shin Hye as she knows that is her favorite dish. Them three are enjoying the food when suddenly Hye Ran eyes caught a glimpse at the person who just enter the restaurant.

“Unnie!!” She yelled, making ChangMin and YooChun stops from talking. She stands up and walked to her.

“Hye Ran ah!!”

They both grab few attentions but that doesn’t make them both stop. ChangMin and YooChun just shook their head, “they have not change at all. Since high school until now.”

YooChun smiled, “You are lucky you are not staying with us. Before Hye Ran becomes a doctor, they will always hangs out and gossiping about the student in their uni. If you see Hye Ran is very close with me, well, she is closer with Shin Hye.”

They both come and Shin Hye surprised to see ChangMin is there too. “Well, I thought only us three here.” She smiled before taking a seat beside Changmin. “Am I not invited then?”

Shin Hye punched ChangMin shoulder and they both laughed. Hye Ran looked at them both and silently praised that they both actually suits with each other.

But of course YunHo is more suitable with unnie…

Shin Hye food come and she surprised to see the exact food that she is craving today. “Okay, tell me. Who ordered this?” ChangMin stops from eating and saw that Hye Ran and YooChun looked at each other.

“I did. Why?” He answered and the siblings in front looked at him. “Great!” Shin Hye exclaimed and ChangMin receives a kiss on his cheek. He puts his hand on his cheek and grins stupidly.

The feeling is different from Hye Ran…

Shin Hye then turns to face Hye Ran and using the fork to points her, “Yah!”. Hye Ran startled and YooChun looked at them both with worried expression.

“You have something to tell me don’t you?”

ChangMin looked at YooChun then turn to Hye Ran who is swallowing a big lump of saliva. “What do you mean unnie?”

 “You better tell me before I….” she then smacked Hye Ran hands. “Palli tell me!”

“What do you want her to tell you?” YooChun butts in. ChangMin nodded his head.

“why you didn’t come back home?”

By the time Shin Hye said that, three of them let out deep sigh of relieved! ChangMin fans himself while YooChun loosen his tie. “Is there something you three hide from me?”

“NO!” three of them quickly give her a big fat no. Shin Hye then giggles, “You guys are funny.” She takes a bite of her steak and looked at ChangMin, “Oppa, I was just from YunHo oppa house.”

Hye Ran accidentally dropped her spoon. YooChun can see the trembling hands of hers. He takes the chance to hold her hand when Hye Ran puts her hand under the table. He tightens it to gives her the encouragement.

“Really?” ChangMin tried to avoid Hye Ran gazes on him. Shin Hye nodded her head. “He actually asked me to take him here when I told him that I’m going to have lunch with oppa and Hye Ran.”  

“He discharged already?” Hye Ran butts in. Shin Hye smiling happily and nodded her head. “But how did you know?”

“Err…” She tries to think the solid reason. “I’m his doctor, of course I know about him.”

“That’s weird. Oppa said he never met you in the hospital before….”

He really said that?

ChangMin and YooChun can easily see the uneasiness of her. “Then, why he didn’t come?” YooChun quickly asked.

“I really want to bring him, but after I called omonim, she didn’t let YunHo go out since he just discharged.”

He said he don’t know me? But he can just say I’m his doctor. Does he really want to end our relationship like this?

Her mind is full with YunHo for the rest of the lunch. She didn’t even realize that Shin Hye is waving at her when she needs to take off first.

“Hye Ran ah, are you okay?”

Yoochun placed his hands on her shoulder. She slowly nodded her head. “Oppa should go. Lunch time is almost over.”

YooChun take a look at his watch that perfectly fit his wrist. “Yeah. I’m going first. Take care okay. You can always call me when you want.” Once again, Hye Ran nodded her head. “That reminds me, the head doctor wants to see you tomorrow.” YooChun stands up and she got a kissed on her head. YooChun waved at ChangMin after he pays the bills and left the restaurant.

“Should we go?” ChangMin asked.

Hye Ran nodded her head. “Yeah, lets.”

 

Shin Hye bought few cupcakes to YunHo house since she had promised him that she will comes back after she have lunch. She actually finds it very weird that Mrs. Jung suddenly became furious when she heard Hye Ran name.

Flashback

“Oppa, I really want to bring you, but you just got discharged.” Shin Hye tries to pull her hand from YunHo’s grip. But still, YunHo didn’t let go. “How about I ask omonim?” Shin Hye immediately feels weird when YunHo suddenly shook his head. “Oppa? What’s wrong?”

YunHo let go of her hand and stares blankly at the wall. Shin Hye takes out her phone and calls YunHo’s mom.

“Yes my Shin Hye.. what’s wrong? Is YunHo okay?” Mrs. Jung said.

“Omonim, can I take YunHo oppa out?” Shin Hye looked at YunHo.

“Sure sure. Where to honey?”

“Having lunch with YooChun oppa and Hye Ran.”

YunHo turns his head to Shin Hye.

“Bwoh? Hye Ran? Of course not! I’m hanging up.”

Shin Hye looked at her phone. True enough, Mrs. Jung hangs up just now. She turns to YunHo and sits on the bed. “Oppa, what to do? Omonim doesn’t let you.”

Of course she doesn’t let me…

“But I promise you that I will immediately be back after I’m done with lunch.”

YunHo nonchalantly nodded his head.

End of flashback

 

“Oppa… I’m back.” Shin Hye said while opens the door. She smiled when she saw YunHo is sleeping soundly on the bed. She takes a look at the heater and turns it on.

“Doesn’t he feel cold?” She whispers to herself.

She turns to face YunHo back and to think that this is the first time she saw him sleeping. Carefully, she composed her steps until she reached YunHo bed side.

“He really is handsome.” She giggles quietly. Then, she used her index finger to traced YunHo nose and jaw line.

“oh, cute mole!” She slowly pinched the mole that situated on YunHo upper lip.

“Urrmm…” YunHo let out the sound and Shin Hye quickly stands up and left the room. “Pheww!! I thought he is waking up.” She makes her cheek goes puff before let out her breath.

“But I can touch his face!” She covers her face using her both palms.

 

YunHo slowly opens his eyes and looks around his room. “I thought Shin Hye is coming after her lunch.” He takes his phone on his bedside table and look at the clock, “oh, 5pm already. Must be the medicine effect.” He brushes his hair and changes his position to sit position.

“Shin Hye…..”

“Hye Ran……”

He mumbles before standing up and stands in front of his wardrobe.

“I should meet ChangMin.”

 

“I thought we are going to home?” Hye Ran pointed to the junction that leads to ChangMin’s house after he passed it.

“We go to somewhere first okay?”

Hye Ran nodded her head.

After 15 minutes of driving, they arrived at Lotte Ice Rink. Hye Ran feels so excited as she didn’t got the chance to skate for so many years already because for the past few years, her shift on winter season always end up late. “Senior! Thank you!”

ChangMin smiled. “I don’t know where to take you as we never hangs out before. So, we end up here.”

Hye Ran laughed, “I love this place!”

ChangMin pays at the counter and they went to try the skate shoes. After making sure they wear all the protection, Hye Ran steps into the ice rink first. She skates gracefully on the rink like she is one of the national figure skater. Meanwhile, ChangMin is still struggling whether he should step in or not as he is very bad at skating. Unlike YunHo who can even dance on the rink!

 “Thanks oppa! I’m really happy you bought me here.” Hye Ran said because she thought ChangMin is following right behind her. Once she turned around, she immediately saw ChangMin still standing at the rink entrance. She giggles before going to ChangMin.

“Senior, what’s wrong?”

ChangMin try to put the calm smile but Hye Ran just smacked him. “Are you afraid?”

 “Well.. I don’t know if that counted as afraid, but I’m really bad at skating.” He gives her a hehe laugh then Hye Ran holds his hand. “I will hold you. Let’s go.”

He nodded his head. He put his right foot on the rink and Hye Ran tightens her grips. “Okay, other foot.”ChangMin do what he told to. He quite unstable, but Hye Ran quickly holds him.

“Okay, now slowly skates.”

ChangMin starts to skate and soon, Hye Ran let go of her right hand. They both skate a little bit faster but still hold on one hand.

 “Good!” Hye Ran laughed. “Okay, now I’m going to let go of my hand.”

“No!!!” ChangMin shook his head.

“Yes!!!”

“Noo--”

One second after Hye Ran let go of her hand, ChangMin fells flat on his on the rink, making few kids passing him laughed at him, an adult who can’t skate.

“Senior~~~” Hye Ran skates to him and help him to stands up. “I told ya to not let my hand go.”

ChangMin brushes his jeans and hold Hye Ran left hand. “Don’t ever let go of me.” He warned and earn Hye Ran laugh.

“Araso…”

 

YunHo pressed the bell for countless times while his phone never left his ears. “Where is he?”

He then just noticed that ChangMin car is not even there. “Haish!! Wasting my time!”

He fixed his black leather gloves and walked up to his car. Just before he wants to opens the car door, he saw ChangMin car stops behind his car.

“Is that YunHo?” ChangMin asked Hye Ran for confirmation. Hye Ran squints her eyes and slowly nodded her head.

“You wait here; I go ask him what does he wants.” ChangMin opens his car door and walks to YunHo.

“Hey!” ChangMin nodded his head a bit and YunHo did the same. “Where did you go?”

“To the ice rink. Why?” YunHo smiled, “You went there? I thought you can’t skate.”

ChangMin smacked YunHo arms. “I can okay but not very good. But today I prove to myself that I can skate nicely!” He smiled when he remembered the incident earlier where Hye Ran keeps on insisting him to skate without holding her hand. They actually left after ChangMin successfully skate alone.

“Really? That instructor must be holding the urges to straggling you!” He then laughed out loud.

Inside ChangMin car, Hye Ran eyes never left from looking at YunHo. She feels somehow happy when she saw YunHo laughing, as if the burden that she lifts now is slowly left her shoulders.  

“Yahh!” Changmin barked!

“Okay okay.. Let’s go inside.” YunHo gets inside his car and parked in ChangMin porch with ChangMin follows behind. Means, YunHo will drive ChangMin car back to his home since they both will be lazy to moves their own car.

“You want to meet him or not?” ChangMin asked Hye Ran while YunHo parked his car. She shook her head, “not now.”

“Okay, then you waits in here and when I enter the house, you will quickly go upstairs okay.” She nodded her head.

YunHo gets off his car first and ChangMin quickly go to his house door. He puts the key in and twists it. Both of them enter the house and when Hye Ran doesn’t saw them both anymore, she quickly gets off the car and makes her way to the door.

“What do you have in your fridge?” YunHo asked and just when he wants to open the fridge door, he caught Hye Ran is entering the house. But she still doesn’t know it.

She is going to step on the stairs when she felt her hand is being grip by someone. Hye Ran turns around and saw that pairs of eyes that she missed.

“Senior Jung~”

 

 

 

Author’s note: Hi readers!! Finally YunHo and Hye Ran meet after the incident. What will happen? And why the head doctor wants to meet her? Keep on reading this story okay! I’m sorry if my sentence is not very poetic because I’m not very good at writing, so please be patience. I’m on the learning process though. Drop some comments will ya! Thank you for reading ‘I belong To You’. *bows 90 degree*