you lied to me...

I Belong To You

 

Since that day, YunHo and Hye Ran never once meet each other. Hye Ran only contacts him through phone only whenever she wants update about his project. Although, YunHo didn’t meet Hye Ran, however sometimes twice a week, he will having dinner with Shin Hye. Every time they met, Shin Hye will slowly approach the ‘date each other’ topic but he still manages to nicely avoid it by saying “These marriage thing we can’t rush it. Or in the future, we will regret it.” He admits that he is tired with the constant dinner but what to do? He doesn’t want to hurt Shin Hye feeling and his parent feeling.

 

 

Yes, their dinners are known by the elders and the person who didn’t know is ChangMin and Hye Ran. The hospital is busy these few days and she only comes home to have a few hours of sleep and take a shower. She never had the time to hang out with her family member anymore. So, if Shin Hye or YooChun have free time, they will popped up at the hospital and eat with her.

 

One day, she flopped on her chair inside her room and sighed. “I’m so tired.” She yawned. She slide out her drawer and immediately saw a piece of paper she found when she was reading the manga last time. “JYH….” She mumbles.

Speak of the devil, coincidently,  YunHo is calling her. She glanced at the caller ID and since she save YunHo number by his full name, ‘Jung YunHo’ she glanced at the paper and her phone. “Could it be it was YunHo sshi?”

Just when she wants to touched the display, the ringtone went dead. And 1 missed call notifications appeared. She puts down her phone and takes a good look at the piece of paper again.

“JYH is Jung YunHo? How can that be… I only meet him this year how come he already known me?” She then remembered that YunHo once said that he was Shin Hye senior during high school, that’s mean he is her senior too. “But I don’t remember meeting him…”

She is in her deep thought when her phone suddenly rings again. She yelped a little and calms herself before answering the phone.  “Yoboseyo…”

 

 

YunHo closed his room door. “Yoboseyo… where were you? I was calling you just now..”

She clears . “I was in the toilet.” Yes, she lied.

“Owh.. sorry..” YunHo paused.

“Is there anything you want me to add in your plan?” Hye Ran asked and looks at her watch. “My shift already ends.” She thought.

“Can’t I call you without discussing about our work?” Yunho asked and waits for Hye Ran answers him, instead he heard she closed her room door. “Yah.. Park Hye Ran.. are you still at work?” YunHo quickly said when he heard the wooden door closed sound, he then take a look at his watch. “It’s midnight already!”

Hye Ran raised her eyebrows. “And what’s wrong with that?”

“What’s wrong? You are a girl and you still not at home..” He blabbed.

“Then? It’s not like I was clubbing. My shift just end.” She answered while update her punch card.

“Then how come you didn’t go home as fast as you can?” YunHo complained while grabbing his car key and his hoodie. His parent already fall asleep long time ago.

“Yah! Why are you suddenly questioning what time I go home? As if you care for me before. And the answer to your earlier question is yes, because it seems that recently whenever you call me is to discuss about our project. ” She don’t know where she got the guts to talks back to YunHo maybe she is tired and don’t need anyone nagging at her right now.

YunHo is driving his car towards the hospital put his phone on loudspeaker mode. “Yahh!! I care for you okay.. and there’s a reason why I only discussed about work!” He yelled.

“Yeah right.. whatever… aish! Molla!! I’m hanging up!” She huffed and touched the screen of her iPhone and flopped the phone in her handbag. She is walking towards her parking lot and saw the parking lot is empty. She smacked her forehead and slowly cursed herself.

“Yah pabo!! Your car broke down again today.” She now is wondering who will take her home since it’s already midnight and Hye Ran don’t want to disturb her siblings. “Even the buses already end their shift. Argh!!” She yells slowly while letting go of her hair since it’s already messed.

 

 

 

“Wow.. that is the first time…” A voice behind her speaks out and she quickly turns back.

“You scared me!” She said and tied her hair. YunHo smiles sweetly and Hye Ran look at her like he is some kind of freak. “You looked so beautiful when you let go of your hair.”

“Why you suddenly change your attitude? First you act like I’m a stranger and then you avoid me then you suddenly being nice to me by popping here.” YunHo frowned. “Is that how you think of me?”

“Yes..” She honestly answered. It’s true. Her life becomes more miserable when she couldn’t help by falling more into this guy. “I’m sorry if my answer is hurting you, but that’s the truth sadly. Like, come on, we already counted as friend but after that one week you didn’t contact me, I thought you will be like all friendly with me again, but no.” She looked up YunHo eyes. His eyes are searching for hers too. “You act like we are strangers and look at the past week. Have you wonder why I didn’t go to you instead I only called you regarding our work?”

YunHo sighed. “Because I’m treating you like a stranger.” He answered. Hye Ran nodded her head. “Bingo.”

She wants to walk away but YunHo grabs her wrist. “What?” She asked but still didn’t look at him. “Where is your car?” 

She tries to let go of her wrist but YunHo held it firmly. “Look at me…” Hye Ran is still struggling.  “Let go of my hand.” She said. “No, unless you tell me where is your car.” She sighed. “My car broke down okay. So I don’t have anyone to take me home.”

She is tired so she just wants this to end this quickly and if YunHo is decent enough, he will take her home. YunHo smirked and grabs her handbag. “Come, I sent you home.”

They both now are in YunHo car and he can’t stop from take a glance on her. “Please look in front.” She sternly said. YunHo chuckled. “Busted~~~~” He said it in a funny voice and without her even knowing, she is smiling.

“Hye Ran sshi, when we are in high school, you are cheerful and alive. But why when you grown up, you have that serious look all the time?” Hye Ran quickly looks at him. “We know each other when we are in high school?” She asked.

Now is the time where YunHo look at her like she looked at him before, like she is some kind of freak. He make signal and they both stop by the road side.

“Seriously?” He asked, this time he take a good look at her face. In case she is joking.

Hye Ran nodded her head. “or are you the one is messing with me? My family didn’t say anything about my personality changes.” She tries to laugh but YunHo keep looking with the serious look. YunHo then take out his iPhone. He checks his schedule thoroughly and when he is sure, he puts back his iPhone.

“I’m free this Sunday, how about you?” Now is Hye Ran turns to take out her iPhone. “I’m free too. But why?”

“We are going somewhere. I will pick you up at morning.” He said and he gives the signal to back on the road. They both were silence after that. YunHo don’t need to ask for the direction since he sometimes will pick Shin Hye up to go to the dinner.

“Thank you for sending me.” She bows. “No worries, just remember we have to go somewhere this Sunday.”

She nodded her head and get out from the car. Just when she wants to open the door to step inside her house, YunHo calls her.

“What?”

“I will pick you up tomorrow. Sleep well.”

He droves off and Hye Ran step inside her house. “He doesn’t even know my schedule for tomorrow.” She mumbles while taking off her flats. She wants to climb the stairs when she realizes Mrs. Park is in the kitchen.

“Owh umma.. what are you doing?”

“Owh. I’m just thirsty.” Mrs. Park sips her water. “Go sleep. You are tired.” Hye Ran nodded her head and continue climbs the stairs.

“Doesn’t that is YunHo car?”

 

 

 

Morning comes and today they are having their breakfast together. Shin Hye and YooChun sit together while Mr. Park is sitting at the centre and Hye Ran sit with her mom. Mr. Park smiles when he looks at Hye Ran deliciously eat her breakfast.

“Waah.. it’s have been a long time I didn’t see you eat like that.” Mr. Park caressed Hye Ran’s head.  Hye Ran just smiled cutely to her dad and continues to eat. “Yah yah.. why are you not eating like a nice lady?” Mrs. Park nudged her.

YooChun look up and smiles. “Is like I’m watching the old Hye Ran.” He thought. “I can’t help it umma. I’m so happy that today I able to eat breakfast with your guys today.” She said while there’s still food inside .

“Aigoo aigoo.. Look at her.” Shin Hye cutely hissed. She is definitely not mad at her sister. It’s good to see the maknae eats deliciously. “Eat a lot araso…” She said and puts some vegetable inside Hye Ran bowl of rice. “Yeah.. eat a lot…” YooChun added some piece of meat too. She smiles until her eyes turns to creased moon shape. “Oppa and Unnie is jjang!!” She flashes them her thumb. They all laughed happily.

After breakfast, all gone to work already. Due to her schedule last night, today she can go to the hospital at noon. YooChun offered to pick her up and send her to the hospital, but she nicely rejects it saying there will someone send her today and he of course can pick her up when her shift end. Luckily at that time Mrs. Park isn’t near them as she is already inside her car. Ready to go out to meets her friend. She is alone in the house. Just when she switched on the TV, she received a message. Touched the display and smiled when she see who sent it.

“Jung YunHo…” She mumbled.

What time will you go to work?”

She replied, “At noon, after lunch. Why?”

“Ok. I will go to your house to pick you up.” She smiled and continues to watch TV.

 

 

 

YunHo is looking at his document when he received a message. He checked his watch before reads the message. “10 o’clock. Then why she sends me message?”

His thought is completely wrong when he saw the picture of the sender. Last time they went out for dinner, Shin Hye hijacked his phone and put her picture at the ID and changes YunHo dull wallpaper to her picture. First few days YunHo didn’t change it, but when he starts to feel uncomfortable, he changed it to the dull wallpaper back.

Oppa, let’s eat lunch together.” She texted.

YunHo looks at the display. “What to do? I already have plan. Should I meet her or Hye Ran?” he mumbles.

 

 

 

“Owh! It’s 12 already. I better go prepare. Don’t want YunHo sshi waits for me. After all, it was me who asked for a favor.” She mumbled alone and went upstairs. Hye Ran closed her room door and quickly took off her clothes and went to bathroom to take a refreshing shower.

After a while, she came out, wearing a bathrobe. She closed the bathroom door and quickly jumped when she heard a clears throat sound.

 

 

“Who is that?” She asked while closing her eyes.

“How can you tell if you are closing your eyes?” She slowly opens up her eyes when she heard the familiar voice.

“YUNHO SSHI!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM??!!!” Hye Ran yelled on top of her lungs and YunHo just winced while covered his ears, protecting it from the sound pollution. Hye Ran quickly covers her body although the bathrobe basically already covered everything except her legs.

“Yah.. you are not locking your door. I already honk for a few times and because I don’t want to disturb the neighbors, I enter your house. But you are not at downstairs. I came up here and wallah, found your room.” He paused and look at Hye Ran from head to toe then from down to up. “There’s nothing to see anyway. No worries…” YunHo said and flopped himself on top of her bed. “Waah.. so comfort.. I bet you have a good night sleep every night.”

She went to her and pulled his body. “Gets up. You get out from my bedroom now!” She tries to get him up but of course YunHo has more energy than her. He pulled her a bit and she immediately felled beside him. “Just chill. Let’s relax for a bit.” She didn’t relax at all! She keeps trying to stands up and he will stop her.

“Let me go.. I have to go to work. Besides, it’s not nice to see you in a girl’s room.” Finally, he lets her get up. YunHo change his positions to sitting position. He was about to say something when he spotted something that he recognizes on the study desk.

“You still keep it??” YunHo asked and he bashfully smiles when he remembered the letter he got from her in the past. Hye Ran follows his gaze and look at the thing he mentioned just now.

“Of course I keep it. YooChun oppa gave it to me.” She went forward and showed him the good luck keychain.  

He looks at Hye Ran with unbelievable expression. “Bwoh? You said who gave it to you?”

Hye Ran wants to answers but stops when feels her legs feel cool when the wind blows in. She looked at herself and quickly pushed YunHo out of her room. “We talk later. Let me put on my clothes first.”

“Okay.” He said and get out from the room. Hye Ran already starts to take off the bathrobe when suddenly YunHo barged in. “We will talk ab……” He saw her bare shoulders and quickly closed back the door.

“JUNG YUNHO!!!”

YunHo laughed while go to downstairs. He sits on the couch and look at the keychain in his grips. “There is no way her oppa gave her this. And who is YooChun by the way?” He closed his grip again and suddenly he remembered the image of Hye Ran bare shoulder. “What a nice shoulder.” He stops when he realized him just thinking something bad. “Pheww… hot!” YunHo then fans himself.

After few minutes, Hye Ran steps down with the decent clothes. YunHo looks up and asked her to sit on the couch. “Why you suddenly make this like your house?”

He laughed a bit. “Sorry~~”

“What?” She sat once she lands herself on the comfy couch a little bit far from YunHo. He faced her and showed her the keychain.

“This.” He nodded to the keychain. “It’s definitely not coming from your YooChun oppa.” She throws him a confused look. “Then who give it to me?”

YunHo doesn’t know how he should explain this. He loosens his tie and breathes in and out. “I gave you it to you.” He was dead serious but Hye Ran laughed a bit. “Hey..” He bends down to her a bit and smacks on Hye Ran arms. “I’m serious. It was me who give it to you. My classmate makes this and sells it in our class. At that time you have history exam.”

Hye Ran stands up. “We continue this in your car.” YunHo have no choice but to stand up as well. Hye Ran grabs all her things and make sure she locked the door. YunHo unlocked his car and opens the door for her.

“Thanks.” She said and YunHo quickly starts the engine. Once YunHo starts to drive, he continues. “But how come you don’t remember about it?”

She sits uncomfortably when YunHo asked the question. “You better tell me Hye Ran sshi.. Actually, I should drop the banmal by now, Hye Ran ah!”

“How should I know.. Oppa said he gave it to me when I want to take the final exam during my college time.” YunHo sighed. “It’s better if you ask your oppa where he got.”

“Okay…” Hye Ran mumbles and they continue to talk about random things until they arrived at the hospital. YunHo once again offered to send her home but she said YooChun will picks her up. Feeling irritated with the YooChun’s name, he harshly said araso and drives away.

“What a temper.. aigoo…” She mumbles before going in to the hospital.

 

 

 

ChangMin arrives at the Incheon Airport during midnight and drive to his house. He flopped on his bed without changing his uniform. Earlier, he already texted to YunHo said he will arrive at Seoul during midnight, YunHo replied by saying he will drop by to his house at 1 am. He take a look at his branded watch and stands up to freshen himself before YunHo come in half an hour.

DING DONG

He opens the door and greets him by a simple hi. YunHo puts the midnight snack he bought before coming to ChangMin house on the kitchen bar and grabs one can of beer inside the refrigerator before flopping on the couch beside his best friend.

“So, how is Hye Ran?” ChangMin asks. His eyes never leave the TV.

“She’s great. Last time you said you got news about her. Come on, spill the beans.” YunHo too talks without looking at him. Both of them concentrate on the TV.

“She got someone now.”

YunHo immediately turns to ChangMin. “Bwoh?”

ChangMin switches off the TV and turns his body to face YunHo. “Before that, I want to ask you. Do you still remember Shin Hye? Park Shin Hye?”

“Uh huh.. I do. What about her?”

“I met her last month.” ChangMin drinks his beer.

“Yeah. Me too. We now have dinner almost every week. Twice a week to be exact.” YunHo stands up and walks to the kitchen. ChangMin stands up too. “Bwoh? You met her? And why you didn’t tell me?”

“You never ask me.” YunHo answered in a duhh tone.

“It’s because I don’t know about it. Aish YunHo ah!” He is very frustrated but YunHo can still eat the snack he bought just now.

“Okay okay.. Never mind.” ChangMin rubs his chest. “Okay, back to Hye Ran topic. She already has someone.”

YunHo puts down his fork and looks at ChangMin, giving his full attention. “who is it?”

“Park YooChun.” He said the name and YunHo eyes widened. “You knew him?”

“Yeah. He is my senior when I was in Uni. We met recently and apparently he is Shin Hye oppa.” YunHo gave him the confused look. “Don’t you get it? Shin Hye and Hye Ran is best friend, and last time I met with Hye Ran and YooChun, from what I see, they really comfortable with each other. To tell you the truth, I even saw they are hugging each other.”

YunHo silenced down and keep rotating the empty beer can. “There’s something I confused though.” He said to ChangMin. “She said, she is Shin Hye dongsaeng.”

“Of course, they are best friend. They must be considering themselves as sister. We told everybody we are siblings too. You are my hyung.” ChangMin take the fork and eats the snack too.

“I know they are best friend and I told her the same thing too. However she said, Shin Hye and her is born in the same year. She said, Shin Hye born in January while she was born in December. How odd is that? We both know that Hye Ran was born in July.” YunHo sits on the bar chair.

“Really? Then it’s very odd. I think what we need is to meet with Hye Ran and asks her. There’s something strange though.” The young pilot finished up his beer and throws it in the dustbin.

“I will meet her this Sunday. Do you want to come?”

“Of course. I need to know what happen to her too.”

 

 

 

 

“Bye Dr. Park!” A group of nurses that saw Hye Ran hopped into YooChun car quickly waved to her. “Bye!” She waved to them back.

“Hi Oppa!” She sweetly smiles and YooChun smiles back. “How was your day?”

“Ugh.. Tiring.. but after all, it’s fun. I got to meet few kids today.” Hye Ran giggled. “They are so cute.” She is about to put her handbag at the back of the car when suddenly she saw the keychain YunHo mention earlier is hanging out from the bag. “Umm… Oppa…”

“Yes?” YooChun keep focusing on the road.

“Do you still remember about this keychain?” She shows him and YooChun takes a glances.

“Of course. Why?”

Hye Ran looked out from the window. “Owh.. Ye Eun saw it and ask me where I got it because it is so cute. I told her that you gave it to me. She asked me to ask you where you bought it because she wants to buy one for her dongsaeng.”

“Didn’t I told you before where did I bought it?” He tried to act calm but inside, he is already worried because he doesn’t remember what place did he told her before.

“You were. But I forgot. You forgot already?”

“No. I bought it at KangNam. I gave it to you when you are in high school. Remember?” He of course is lying and didn’t dare to look at her.

You are lying oppa. Last time you said, you gave it during my final exam in college.”  She said in her thought. “Oh really? Alright, I will tell her tomorrow.” She tried to show him her cheerful smiles however; YooChun knows that is not her usual smile.

They arrived home and YooChun is definitely noticed that Hye Ran being silence after she asked him about the keychain thing. Just when Hye Ran wants to push the door to step inside her house, YooChun drags her.

“Oppa, I’m tired.” She tried to free herself but YooChun hold on to her hand tightly.

He looked everywhere to make sure there’s nobody listen to them and continue, “Tell me, what happen? And don’t give me the reason saying that you are tired! Before this, even if you are tired, you still can make jokes to me! Then why today suddenly you don’t have the energy?”

“It’s not-----” Hye Ran said, but YooChun immediately cuts him off. “Stop saying it’s nothing!!”

She widened her eyes. He sternly looked at her eyes; they both stared into each other. “This is the first time you lied to me!”

She yanked herself and because YooChun is so taken aback, he let go of her hand. He slowly walks to his room and once inside, he saw the picture that he put on his mirror. The picture of Hye Ran house back in GwangJu. The house her biological parent was killed. He scrunched the picture in his grip and sighed. YooChun wants to wait until tomorrow to settle things off, but sawing the hurt expression on Hye Ran face just now, he couldn’t bear it.

Hye Ran is lying on her bed when suddenly YooChun barged in. “Oppa!” She quickly sits up on her bed and stands up when YooChun locked her door. “What are you doing?”

He stands right in front of her until Hye Ran could feel his breath on her forehead. She wants to take a step backwards when suddenly YooChun holds her.

“You don’t know anything… the pain, the feeling that I have been hold up for many years… don’t simply accused me like that.”

She was about to opens but YooChun let go of her and left her room. She stared on the door for a while until she notices something on the floor.

“What is this?” She picked it up and smooths the paper.

“Oh! It’s a picture. ” She stared on the picture. “I’d seen this before.” Hye Ran mumbled and casually flipped the picture where she saw an address behind the picture.

“GwangJu? But why oppa hold this picture?”