Chapter 8

Someone As Cold As Me

"Hey unnie where you going today? You're all dressed up!" Yujin asked. It was around 9 am and and she was already up and about.

"Me and Sungmin oppa have some bussiness to attended to. Our mom wants us to have a family gathering since I'm back. I don't want to go." Sunny pouted. 

"Aww poor Bunny." Yujin teased and pinched Sunny's cheeks and Sunny smack her hands away. 

"What are you doing today?" Sunny asked this time. 

"Just stay home or go visit a friend of mine. I'm might just watch TV and pig out on the couch too." 

"A friend? Since when did you have a friend? Is it Jessica?" 

"What!? No! I have plenty of friends." Yujin lied. She never really had any friends before. That's why she like being around Tiffany so much. Then she ended falling in love with her. "Anyways Taeyeon told me to tell you…" 

"To tell me what?" 

"That she hates you." 

"Oh really? I wouldn't be surprised I mean-" 

"Haha I'm just kidding Unnie! Don't look so sad! She said she misses you. You NEED to talk to her. Stop keeping it all in. Tell her everything." 

"Yeah whatever brat." 

----------------

~FLASHBACK~

Tiffany scooted the cake away not wanting to eat it. 

"I said you can have it." Yujin said.

"No it's fine. I don't like chocolate cake. I prefer strawberry cake because it's pink." 

"It's pink and that's why you like it? That's stupid!" Yujin laughed. 

"He-Hey pink's my favorite color okay." Tiffany stuttered. 

"Sorry that's just one stupidest things I've ever heard." 

"Yah! That's mean! Is that how you treat your friends?!" 

Yujin froze and gave an apology bow. "I-I don't have friends." Tiffany froze as well. 

'How could she have no friends?' Tiffany thought. She felt bad. She had many friends and a girlfriend, but this girl had no one. "Why don't you have any friends." Tiffany asked. 

"Well outside from my family I really don't have a close friend. My mom's a teacher, so I'm home schooled. We never really went outside. Only to go to the convient store or to go but some new clothes, but we buy most of our stuff online too. So you can say I never had a friend." Yujin said and stood up, "If you want to be alone just tell me I'll leave." Yujin was making her way towards door. 

"Wait!" Tiffany said, "I'll be your friend." Yujin turned around looked at the figure who was now sitting on the bed. Tiffany showed her the amazing eye smile again and her heart began to race. "I'll be your friend. Don't leave me by myself please. I have nothing to do in here. I'll be lonely." 

Yujin didn't know what to say. Instead she went to go sit next to the girl on the bed. "Um you know if you're bored I hid some board games and cards in the cabinet right there." 

Tiffany smiled at cuteness. Although she didn't use agyeo what she said Tiffany thought was cute. "Do you have poker chips?" Tiffany asked.

"Of course. What do want to play?" Yujin asked getting up to get the materials.

"I want to play Texas hold 'em. You know how to play?" 

"Do you even have to ask? I'm a pro at this game. I beat all my oppas one night." 

"Oh really we'll see if you can beat me! By the are you allowed to have those in here?" 

"No I'm not, but I don't care. Now let's start!" 

~FLASHBACK END~

------------------

"Hello! Who are you?" Mr. Jung asked. 

"Annyeonghaseyo Choi Yujin imnida!" Yujin bowed, "I'm one of Jessica's…friends. I was the one with Jessica at the hospital." 

"Oh Yujin. Nice to finally meet you." 

"Likewise! Is Jessica home?" Yujin asked.

"Yes she's in her room. Come in. It's the second one on the right." 

"Thanks you sir." 

"Please call me uncle." 

"Alright, thanks uncle." Yujin gave a slit smile and made her way to Jessica's room. The house was big she has to admit, but growing up in her fathers house she's seen bigger. When Yujin arrived to Jessica's room Jessica was still asleep. "It's noon why you still asleep?" Yujin asked the sleeping Jessica. 

Yujin found the medicine for Jessica's bruise on the desk and decided to apply on her while she slept. She swept Jessica's hair to the side and gently applied the medicine on the bruise. As Yujin applied the medicine she couldn't help but admire Jessica's beauty. That is until she realized that she was doing the same thing she did with Tiffany. 

"I really need keep my distance from you. I'm scared of what my dad with do to you if you're around me too much." Yujin said to the still sleeping Jessica. 

"Mmm…wait! Don't go!" Jessica began talking in her sleep. Yujin ignored, but soon Jessica began to cry. She didn't know what to do, so slid under the cores next to Jessica and rocked her. Again she realized she used to do this with Tiffany as well. Tiffany would as ways cry at night and Yujin was there to comfort her. 

"Ssshhh...." Yujin hushed and rocked Jessica back and forth. Jessica began to calm down then suddenly Yujin felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. Yujin tried to get out I Jessica's grip she gave up. She was still hugging Jessica as well. Yujin sighed and decided just sleep as well. She was exhausted anyways she's barely gotten any sleep the past two days. 

----------------

Jessica POV

When I woke up and it was warmer then usual. When my eyes finally adjusted to the light I realized my head was laying on something or should I say someone. I looked up to see Yujin's face right in front of mine.

"AHHHHHH!!" I screamed and jumped up and went to the end of the bed.

"UNNIE WHATS WRONG!?" Krystal asked in panicking voice. 

"Ah my ears!" Yujin said rubbing her ears and rolling side to side.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" I shouted.

"Can you please not yell so loud? I came to see how you were." 

"Then why are in my bed wi-with me?!" 

"…" 

"And you said you two weren't dating. I'll leave you two alone." My sister said and wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Yah Jung Soojung it's not like that!" I yelled and sighed. Then turned to Yujin who was now hugging one of my stuffed animals. "Yah! You need to explain yourself!" I said and kicked her. She groaned and at the pain, but soon sat up with the stuffed animal still in her arms. 

"Well *yawn* I came in and spiked medicine on your yeah." She sleepily said and pointed to my forehead, "Then you stared crying and I comforted you. When I was gonna move away you wrapped your arms around my waist and then I fell asleep and then you woke me up with your dolphin scream and now we're here." 

"Oh. Well you didn't have to comfort me. I was probably just having a nightmare." 

"Well I'm used to doing that. Tiffany used cry in her sleep all the time then I would comfort her." 

"Tiffany? Why would do that to Tiffany?" 

"I wasn't talking about your Tiffany. I have a little cousin named Tiffany." 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes why would. I lie about that to you. I don't even know your Tiffany." 

"Okay, well can you get out? I need to change." I politely said. 

"You can change I won't look." She yawned again and layed on the bed. 

"Yah! Get out! You're a ert! First you sleep in the same bed with then you wanna look at me change!" I shouted wanting her to get out my room. 

"Yah! I am not a ert. I was just being a good friend okay! And fine I'll get out, but I'm taking this bear with me!" She shouted back and cutely shuffled out of the room like a little kid. 

After she left I sighed and grabbed my chest. My heart was racing so fast. I can't believe what just happened. Her face was just right there infront of mine. Why am feeling like this. That cold hearted warm person is making me melt to pieces. I've felt that once and that was when I was with Tiff. 

----------------

Author POV

"Hey Krystal?" 

"What?" Krystal cold asked.

"Tell Jessica I'm going home since she of course is fine. Do you think she'll mind if I take her bunny with me?" 

"No I don't she would, but you're leaving already I thought you could stay and hang out. We could get to know each other a little more." 

"Uh I don't know."

"Pleaaassee?" 

"Fine. You guys have food because I'm starving." 

"We do, but both my parents left and me and unnie don't know how to cook." Krystal sighed.

"No problem because I can. No let me see what's in the fridge." Yujin said and looked through the kitchen. She decided to make spaghetti. After cooking Jessica had finally came down as well all dressed up. 

"Where you ping unnie?" Krystal asked Jessica.

"I'm going out with Donghae in an hour."

"We'll eat first. Yujin made food." 

"Yujin made it?" Jessica asked looking the girl. 

"Yeah."

"It's fine I'm going to eat out with Donghae. You two just eat." Jessica said and walked away from the dinning room. 

The two younger girls ate and talked and then finished their food then talked even more. 

"So Yujin, I have this crush her names Amber. I really really like her, I think I might Ben be love with her, but she's my best friend. What do you think I should do?" 

"Tell her." Yujin said with a straight face.

"What that's all?" 

"Yes because if don't tell her know you'll regret for the rest of your life. You never what might happen to her or you so the sooner th better."

"How do you know that?" 

Yujin sighed as if she didn't want to answer the question. "I just know okay." 

"Oh okay. Anyways so Yujin what was your first love like?" Krystal asked. As she asked this Jessica walked in sat on the dinning table. "You haven't left yet unnie?" 

"No he said he stuck in traffic so it'll be a while." 

"Okay, anyways back to my question." 

"First love?" Yujin paused for a bit, "I…Well my first love didn't love me back." 

"Then how did you know it was love?" 

"How did I know? Well when all you want to do is protect her from everything and everyone, you know you love that person. And when that person gets hurt, you hurt. The broken promise you made, the promise that said you'd protect them, burns a whole in your heart because you didn't protect them. That's how I know it was love." 

"Wow…I have a lot to learn from you friend." 

Jessica "overhearing" this couldn't help, but turn her head, so that the two wouldn't see her eyes tearing up. Jessica thought that Yujin was right. She promised Tiffany she'd be there to protect her from anything. From the monsters under the bed from the jerks at school, but one thing she couldn't protect Tiffany from was those kidnappers. How it pained Jessica to see Tiffany such a bad condition. It really did burn a whole in her heart.

~DING~DONG~

The door bell rang. 

"Krys can you get I'm gonna head to the bathroom really quick." Jessica said whipping away a tear that fell on her right cheek and headed towards the restroom.

Krystal did as she was told and Yujin followed her to the door. 

"Hey Krystal!" Donghae greeted. "And Yujin?" 

"Hey oppa!" Krystal smiled.

"Where's Sica?" 

"She in the bathroom she'll be out soon." 

"Ah, okay. So what are you doing here Yujin?" He asked facing Yujin.

"I'm hanging out with Krystal. What have you been up to lately Donghae? Doing good?" Yujin coldly asked. 

"Been good. Not bad." 

"Wait, do you two know each other?" Krystal asked with a confused look.

"We're all classmates!" Jessica said walking into the conversation. "Ready to go?" Jessica asked Donghae and he nodded. "Great! I'll be back around 7ish see you two!" Jessica bided farewell and the couple left. 

After the couple left the two younger girls left to talk again. Thy got tired of talking and decide to play Just Dance 4. After getting tired of that they began to talk again. This time though it wasn't about school, but personal things. Although it was hard for Yujin to tell Krystal she tried her best, but still covered up most of it. She's never really been this comfortable with telling people things, but Yujin found a friend in Krystal which made her open up more to her.

"You know Yujin, dating or not, I'm happy you're in Sica unnie's life." Krystal sincerely said.

"And why is that?" Yujin asked.

"Because it's been a whole since unnie has slept. After that day you came over she's been sleeping like a baby. Usually she'll stay up all night long then finally passed out during class, but it's different now. She seems a lot happier these days too. Jessica's heart hasn't fully recovered yet so Jessica is still hurting, but you seem to be making it recover quick. So whatever you are doing keep doing it because I want to see a happy face on my unnie." 

'Well I don't know if she's always happy to see her sister happy might as well do whatever I'm doing. What am I doing anyways? It's not like I like Jessica. She's just a friend. I'm sure she feels that way too.' 

-------------

A/N: Iwas goin to update earlier, but then I fell asleep while writing lol! Thanks to Va_asianloverz for the upvote! Thanks for subscribing! Also, thank you for reading I lurve you guys! <3 Til next time! ^__^