Chapter 21

Someone As Cold As Me

Jessica POV

 

No matter how hard I try, I can't forget. I can't forget her. Her eyes, nose, lips. Her laugh, her cries, her smile, her everything. I still don't understand why things happened the way they did,but it happened. First Tiffany, now her. Was I not allowed happiness? I had everything, but the one thing I wanted the most was always taken from me. It was like when I lost Tiffany all over again. It took time, but still my body feels numb without her, without you. Unlike Tiffany I know you're still out there. You maybe right in front of me and I don't know. But if you are why haven't come to me seeing me hurt like this? How could you sit in the shadows and let me suffer the pain I felt after you left? I knew you were cold like me, but not that cold. I couldn't and I still can't get mad at you. I still love you deep down in my heart. The place where all the love I have for you is hiding.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The weather is getting cold and today was actually warm , very warm. So I decided to take a walk in the park. The new line of clothes is set to come out soon for Blanc & Eclare. I've been so stressed out lately with the work load. Especially with the marriage rumors too. Of course they're false. Tyler oppa was only trying to help me get the business started. He's a big part of the company. Helping out with the things I do not know about when it comes to running a company. I give him a lot of my respect.

 

It's days like these that make me think of you. The days walking on the beach with you. I imagine it when I walk in this crowded park. I wish you never left. As my mind began to wonder a ball rolled towards my legs. Soon a little girl about four years old approached. I smiled as I picked up the ball and handed it to her.

 

"Thank you!" She said in english.

 

"You're welcome." I replied back. "What's your name?" I asked her.

 

"Hyo-hyojin. Hyojin Choi." She cutely stuttered.

 

"Well, Hyojin where's your parents?"

 

"My mommy is-"

 

"Hyojin-ah" a voice interrupted the girl before she could finish.

 

That voice! It's her! But it can't be. She's her mother? But how? This can't be happening.

 

"Hyojin-ah what are you doing? I told you not to wonder off didn't I?" She scolded the toddler. the girl slightly nodded, "There's a lot of people and I don't want you to get lost. Now stay by me! Okay?" The toddler nodded again. "Where did you go?"

 

"Hyojin lost her ball and this lady found it." Her mother then looked up to realize that I was in front of her.

 

"Oh well did you say thank you?" Her mother asked and she nodded. "Sorry to cause you any trouble miss. We'll get going. Again sorry." She bowed and ushered the little girl towards the car that was waiting for them.

 

I, on the other hand was still shocked. Like I just saw a ghost. Was it her? Was it really her or was I seeing things. Before they could get in the car I ran to grab her wrist.

 

"Yujin-ah." I whispered loud enough for her to hear. She stared blankly back at me. "Where have you been?"

 

"I'm sorry, but do I know you? If it was about my daughter again I apologize."

 

Is she being serious right now? It's me Jessica! Jessica Jung!

 

"No I'm sorry. I must have mistaken you for someone else." I politely bowed and released her wrist. Then they drove away.

 

That was her. Choi Yujin and... and her daughter? She doesn't remember me or probably doesn't want to remember me. All these years she... she lied! She left me and started her own family! How could I be so stupid. Of course she wouldn't come back for you. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yujin POV

 

There was something about that girl I just can't put my finger on it. She looks so familiar. Her voice, the way she said my name. Just then my head begins to ache. Pain floods in and I shut my eyes tight.

 

"Mommy are you okay? Can Hyojin make it better?" My baby asked making my me smile.

 

"Kiss? Right here." I pointed to my cheek and she did. It made the pain go away. I didn't feel anymore.

 

How did she know my name. Something about her, the look in her eyes. It seemed like she missed me. Like she was waiting for me. But who is she?

 

"Mommy where are we going today?" Hyojinnie asked.

 

"We're going to visited grandma then mommy has to go to work."

 

"Again. Mommy went to work yesterday. Hyojin wants mommy to stay home." The little girl pouted and crossed her arms.

 

"You spent the whole day with mommy already. Is that enough?" she shook her head. "Why is that?"

 

"Hyojin wants mommy to be there when Hyojin go to sleep and when Hyojin wakes up." I frowned at the statement. Of course I love this girl, but with my work it's hard to be a part time parent.

 

"Tell you what. I'll ask grandpa to give mommy the whole week off and I will stay with Hyojin all week. Just me and you."

 

"Really?" I nodded, "I love you mommy!" she excitedly said and wrapped her tiny arms around my neck.

 

"I love you too baby." I said and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

No One POV

 

"LEE SOONKYU!!" Jessica yelled as she barged into Sunny's room.

 

"Yah!! What's with the shouting Sica?" Sunny groaned. She had just arrived and was in need of some rest. "How did you even get in here?"

 

"I saw her!"

 

"Saw who?"

 

"Choi Yujin!"

 

"Oh."

 

"Don't oh me! Is that why you're here? What's going? Why does she have kid? Why is she acting like she can't remember me?"

 

"Sica, *yawn* one question at a time please." Sunny said still trying open her tired eyes.

 

"Fine, let's start at the beginning. Why is acting like she doesn't remember me?"

 

"Because…" Sunny look her in the eyes, "she really doesn't remember you Sica. It's not an act." Sunny sighed.

 

"W-hat are you talking about? Are you lying again?" Jessica was shocked and didn't want to believe what she just heard.

 

"I wish I was lying, but it's true. She doesn't even remember Jackson or even…"

 

"Even who?"

 

"Tiffany…Her father caught her before she could flee. He promised that if she stayed committed to the family business then he'd leave you alone and of course she agreed. And to make sure she would stay committed he drugged her. At first the drugs didn't do much, but then she began getting weaker. She looked like a zombie if you asked me. He eyes were so sunken in *sniff* she became so thin. Soon enough she was admitted to the hospital and fell into a coma." Tears began running down both of the girls faces. Jessica's because she couldn't stand hearing all the pain that the one she love went through. Sunny's because she still couldn't help, but feel useless. She could've saved her baby cousin, helped her, but she didn't. "She woke up about a year later without any memory of what happen the last few years. Once she began gaining color again she went back to work for father. Because she didn't remember all the bad her father did she was even more loyal and couldn't turn her back now."

 

Jessica was now sobbing. She thought that Yujin had forgotten about her and started a new life and family with her. But now realizing that this had happened to her made her break down. "W-what…what about Hyojin? How did?"

 

"Yujin never gave birth." Sunny said giving Jessica relief, "Hyo Jinnie is adopted. Yujin found Hyojin on one her assignments. She was rescuing one of her brothers from this gang. She was successful. When she was there the one of gang's es begged her to take her baby and give her good life. She didn't care if Yujin even dropped her off at an orphanage she said. She just wanted the baby girl to have a good life. Yujin's plan was to bring her to the orphanage, but then she grew attached to her and couldn't give her up. She begged her father if she could keep the girl. It took some convincing, but he finally gave in. That's how Hyojin was added to the family. She's four and such a cutie." Sunny smiled to herself thinking about the cuteness of the toddler.

 

The room was silent for a moment. Jessica still need time to sink in all the information. And Sunny waited for her to do so. As she did she got a texted.

 

"Sica I know you still have a lot of questions, but I have to going. I have to meet with somebody." Jessica nodded her head. Sunny got up and fixed her hair and touched up her make up. "I'll be going first. Oh and just let you know I'm not here because she's here. I have my own business to attend to of that makes things a tad better. I'll see later Sica." She gave the girl a hug then exited the room.

 

"I gotta find her." Jessica said to know one. "Sunny should know where she staying." Then that's when it hit her. If Sunny was staying at this hotel then of course Yujin was staying here. She then tried to get down to the check in counter as fast as possible.

 

"Sorry to bother you again, but is there a Choi Yujin staying at this hotel?" Jessica asked.

 

"I'm sorry I already broke the rules when I gave the key to Miss Lee's room. I do not want to do it again." The receptionist said.

 

"I don't want to the room key. I just want to know if there is a Choi Yujin staying at this hotel." Jessica stared her down.

 

"Y-yes th-there is."

 

"Thank you very." Jessica bowed and left the building.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

Jessica called her driver to come and soon they left. They ended up in major traffic. Then that's when Jessica's mind began to wonder. It went back to the last day at the beach house and the last real day they spent together.

 

~FLASHBACK~

 

"Yujin-ah!" Jessica said.

 

"Hm?"

 

"If we had a kid what would you want and what would you name them." Jessica asked.

 

"That's easy I want a girl." Yujin answered. "I would call her Hyojin. What do think?"

 

"I like Hyojin too! Have you thought about this a lot?"

 

"I always think about our future together."

 

"Yeah? Like what?"

 

"Think about if we're going to make it. If we're gonna be living in the city or a small town. What would our kids look like and where they would go to school. I thought all of those. Especially if we're going to make it, because if we're not together then the rest doesn't matter anymore." Yujin explained to Jessica.

 

~FLASHBACK END~

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"SUNNY NOONA!!" Jackson shouted.

 

"JACKSON!!" Sunny shouted back. "How have you been?"

 

"I could be better. You?"

 

"Same. How's your mom doing?"

 

"Same as usual, but she's been feeling better that I'm back now."

 

"That's great!"

 

Sunny and Jackson caught up with each other and also discussed the importance of why they were there. They hated the person you've become. It was like you had two different personalities. One that was kind and gentle, the Yujin they knew, but then there was another. One that showed no mercy, the one that didn't care about no one or anything. That other Yujin's eyes were dark and had nothing but the color black. They needed a plan to get you away safe and finally put your father behind bars. First, they had to get Hyojin away and safe from harm, as well as her mother. Then their goal was Yujin.

 

Since Jackson left the group almost ten years ago he became something no one thought he'd be, a police officer. It was advantage for them since he was one. That way they'd have all the equipment they need to put Mr. Choi behind bars. When Jackson was put on this case he couldn't hide his excitement. It turn out that the police had been trying to get rid of the Choi's for a while now. The Choi's business had increased and so had the crime rates. This would not only help Yujin and her friends, but others that were also involved in the situation.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Your options are clear. You tell us what we want and we let you go. If decided to keep shut we beat you, but still keep you live. And we'll do this over and over and over for the rest of your life. So... what do you say?" Yujin said her eyes dark as night staring into the young man's eyes.  

 

This young man was very confident though and just scoffed, "How do I know that the first one isn't a lie and you'll just the second one to me anyways?"

 

Yujin smiled, "I give you my word. I'll even release you myself." She said laying back in her chair and crossing her arms and feet. "Just tell us what plans your boss has intended to do to our company and again I'll let you go."

 

The man hesitated, but he went ahead to tell her what he knew. "The case extrange. Where my boss and yours are going to meet. We'll he's not going to be there. Well, my boss anyways. Thats where he's going to ambush him and kill him."

 

"Well your boss is very smart, but dump. It seems like it's just gonna be a fun game of can kill the other teams people first." Yujin said as she opened the door for the young man. The two walked to the exit and gestured him to leave.

 

"What were you talking about?"

 

"I'll bet you'll hear about it...maybe." Yujin closed the door and as soon as the man was in view he was shot. "Make sure to send our best shooters to the exchange. Try to keep an out on any of the towers that are close by. I bet their boss will be looking from afar. Laughing out loud that he won, but really his men are dying. All because of him." Yujin commanded Zelo to do and of course he obeyed.

 

"Ne Noona!" He bowed and quickly went to get his team together.

 

"Also! I don't want you anywhere in that warehouse. You hear me?!" Yujin yelled which brought a smile to Zelo's face knowing his Noona still had some emotions in that state.  

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Thanks to yellove for the upvote! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!!