Chapter 22

Someone As Cold As Me

"Hahahaha!" A man laughed as he heard the sound of gun shots coming for the abandoned building. "Those idiots!" He roared. There was a silence as the man listened to what sounded like music until it was interrupted.

 

"Nice job!" A boy behind the man clapped. "Very nice job!" He joked. "You managed to get ALL of your men killed!" He smirked.

 

"What are you talking about? Who are you?!" The man yelled.

 

"All targets neutralized!" A man said through the walkie talkie.

 

"Nothing it was just nice working with you!" Zelo smiled before the man in front of him collapsed on the floor in his own pool of blood.

 

---------------------------------------

 

"Grandma! Grandma!" Hyojin happily chanted.

 

"Yes honey?"

 

"Look what Hyojin made today!! Look!" Hyojin held up a drawing she made.

 

"Wow!" Her grandmother said, "you put everyone in here! You got your uncles and your funny aunties. Your grandma and grandpa too! Wait…who's the girl next to your mommy?"

 

"That's the girl in mommy's picture! She's really pretty! I saw that pretty girl at the park too!"

 

"You did? Did your mommy see her?" Hyojin nodded, "oh…I love it! Go put it on the refrigerator." She gave a wide toothy smile to her granddaughter before she ran to the kitchen.

 

"Okay!" The little girl yelled as she ran away.

 

After the little girl ran away another girl entered. "Hey mommy!" She said.

 

"No wonder your daughter talks like that!" Her mother laughed. "How are you?"

 

"Great!" It was all Yujin said. She never says anything else. Especially when it was about "work".

 

"Jin-ah, do you still have that picture in your wallet from years ago?"

 

"You mean the one with my friend?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Yeah I do."

 

"Have you perhaps show'd this picture to Hyojin at all?"

 

"No. She must have found it though. I really have to go! Tell my daughter I love her and I'll see her later." Yujin flashed her mother a smile before leaving.

 

"Does she really not know? Or is she lying?"

 

--------------------------------------

 

Yujin POV

 

That girl. I don't know what to say about her. Everytime I look at that picture it's like my head doesn't know her, but my heart does. I recognized her face when we met at the park. How could I not? She's beautiful. I wished I never forgot her.

 

"Noona!" Zelo shouted.

 

"Huh? Yeah?"

 

"Did you hear me?"

 

"No of course. Uhh, sorry what did you say?"

 

"Nevermind it's nothing." He shook his head and read through the papers he was given.

 

There was a look in his eyes and I knew what that meant. I looked at that to be the I'm disappointed in you look. He never failed to have that look almost everyday. What I don't get is, why is he disappointed? There is so many things I don't get, but if it involves my past I want nothing to do with it.

 

When I woke up from my coma I didn't want to know what happened to get me in that bed. It wasn't like I didn't know who I was or how to talk, but something wanted me to forget so that I wouldn't hurt. When I found that picture of me and her I didn't question anybody about her and they never told me. I thought it was a friend that I lost touch with so I didn't care.

 

At first it was what I thought until I started having dreams about her. Me and her, together. The feelings in my dreams were more than friendship, but I didn't know what. Of course I probably had a first love, but everything felt new again. And love, I had no idea what that felt like.

 

End POV

 

"Noona! Appa told me to hand you these." Zelo gave Yujin the yellow folder.

 

"What is it? New target?" She asked.

 

"More like new ally."

 

"Name?"

 

"Tyler Kwon"

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Jessica POV

 

"Okay make sure to remind Micheal about our meeting and make sure those fabrics are on their way! Got it!"

 

"I got it! Oh yeah with that said Marina's baby shower is this weekend make sure you buy her a present."

 

"Oh right! Thanks I'll make sure to that today. Actually cancel my lunch meeting so I can do that."

 

"Yes ma'am anything else?"

 

"No thank you! You can leave now."

 

Since Blanc has launched my schedule has been hectic. Traveling from here to Korea and back almost everyday. Though it's hard it something I've planning for years now. It was hard getting back on my feet after that incident, but I managed. But now she's back, it's getting complicated again.

 

~RING~RING~

 

"Hello?" I answered.

 

"Hey I'm almost at the office did you want me to grab you anything?"

 

"No I'm fine. Just hurry up."

 

"Alright I'll be there in ten."

 

"Okay, bye."

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Ooo how about that one!" Oppa said pointing to a cute little pink dress.

 

"It's cute and all, but I don't think that she'll let her son wear that." I giggled and replied.

 

"Oh, well our daughter can wear it!"

 

"…"

 

"I was kidding. Don't act so serious!" He laughed and poked my side.

 

"You know it's not going to happen. You know I don't like you in that way oppa."

 

"I know I know, but I'm not going to give up. You will be mine soon or later." He smiled and hugged my side, but I pushed him away.

 

"Watch yourself I'm not an easy girl." I glared at him and continued shopping.

 

End POV

 

-------------------------------------

 

"Oppa what are those?" Jessica asked Tyler who was looking at a few papers.

 

"Huh? Oh nothing just something for my company. No big deal." He smiled. Though what he was really look at was the contact that was faxed to him about the joining of the two gangs. He had to make sure there were no flaws in the contact. He had to make in every way possible he’d be getting money somehow. “Jess, do you have anything planned tonight?” He asked.

 

“No, nothing in particular. Why?”

 

“Would you mind accompanying me to dinner tonight?”

 

“Sure why not.”

 

“Great! I’ll pick you up at six!” He kissed her cheek before running out of her office.

 

“YAHHH!!!” Jessica screamed out and wiped her cheek, “I really don’t like that guy.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Mommy! Mommy! You’re home!” Hyojin shouted as she ran to her mother. Yujin then crouched down to lift the little girl up and spun her around. “I missed you mommy!” the little girl pouted, which made Yujin giggle.

 

“I missed you too!” Yujin smiled widely and kissed the top of her daughter’s head.

 

“Is mommy going to come home tonight?” Hyojin gave her mother a sad frowning face hoping her mother would say yes. Yujin couldn’t help but feel sorry for the girl. She tried reminding herself that she wasn’t the worst mother, but she wasn’t the best. Especially someone who thought she was 14 again for the longest time. It didn’t help that she was technically a cold hearted killer too.

 

Yujin was hesitant about her answer. She never knew if she’d be home that night or even sleep. When she did sleep it was in her private hotel room. She bought the room just so she could (maybe) get some peace and quiet. Tonight though she had a meeting with the new partner slash target. Hopefully it didn’t take too long. If no small talk or no drinking was involved she’d be out of there in ten minutes. Finally then she had her answer. “You now what? I’ll be home don’t worry. then maybe we can go eat some ice cream. How does that sound?”

 

“Wah! Really? I love you mommy!” She shouted and wrapped her tiny arms around Yujin’s neck. Yujin could have sworn she felt tears about the spill out, but she had to stay strong and not let her daughter see her cry.

 

“I love you too my baby girl.” She managed to say with a choked up voice, “I love you too. Now mommy has a meeting, but I’ll back. Okay.”

 

“You promise?”

 

“I promise.”

 

“Can Auntie Sunny and Uncle Jackson come with us too?” Hyojin asked so cutely that no one could ever say no.

 

“Mm? We’ll see. Alright? Mommy really has to go. I’ll see you later sweet heart. Mwah!” She kissed the top her daughters head before heading out to finish her “work” for the day.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Hello I have a reservation for three under Kwon, Tyler.”

 

“Ah yes Mr. Kwon! Nice of you to join us tonight! Please let me know show you to your table.” The waiter gestured to the secluded part of the restaurant. “Here are your menus and here is some water. Any drink for you tonight?”

 

“Bring me the usual!” Tyler said.

 

“I’m fine with water for now thank you.” Jessica said and gave a slight bow to the waiter.

 

“If you need anything just ask. We will leave you to make your decision and we will be back.”

 

“Thank you very much.” Couple both said.

 

As Tyler was skimming through the menu already knowing what he’ll get Jessica looked at him curiously. “Oppa1”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Why is it reserved for three? Who is the third?”

 

“Oh, well I’m meeting with a colleague of mine and we are just going to discuss some issues for a moment. Then she’ll leave than we can enjoy dinner by ourselves.”

 

“Oh Okay.”

 

After about five minutes the waiter came back with someone trailing behind him. As soon as that person sat down Jessica’s eyes opened wide. Which did not go unnoticed by Mr. Kwon.

 

“Jessica what’s wrong?”

 

“Ehem! It’s- It’s nothing.” She shook her head and looked anywhere, but towards her.

 

“Alright well, shall we introduce ourselves? Hello I am Tyler Kwon and you are?”

 

“Choi Yujin.” Yujin flatty said.

 

“Okay… how are you?”

 

“Fine.” Yujin stayed with the short answers.

 

“So how was the ride he-”

 

“I am not here for small talk Mr. Kwon. I came for business and business only and the only thing I need to know right now is... are you going to sign that contract or not?” Yujin began to give her signature cold attitude. Something was off and Jessica knew it. She had seen Yujin like this before, kind of like the first time she met Yujin, but now her eyes were a endless shade of black. They were like two black holes. “Are you or are you not?”

 

“I am!” Tyler laughed, “Here you go!” Tyler handed over a yellow envelope with the signed contract. “I had my lawyer look over it a few hours ago and I agreed to all terms. I’m just hoping the Choi’s will keep up their end of the bargain.”

 

“Great! And I assure you, you won’t regret it.” Yuijn smirked, “Anyways, this was fun Mr. Kwon. Hope to see you again.”

 

“Wait at least stay and eat.” Tyler guesture her to sit.

 

“No thank you, but I have a date to attend and by the looks of it, it seems that you do too. So, if you will excuse me.” Yujin began walking towards the door and out of the restaurant. Jessica couldn’t help, but watch as the girl walked out of the restaurant. Well it’s safe to say her eyes never left her the moment she say her.

 

Without hesitation Jessica grabbed her bag and rushed out of the restaurant chasing after her. When she reached the said girl she grabbed her wrist and spun her around. The pitch black eyes she had then turned to a light shade of brown.

 

The girl only blinked at the one that stopped her from continuing to go home, “Sorry, but do I know you?”

 

“No… but you will.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A/N: Okay, where I start explaining myself? Well, I’ll start with saying that I’m extremely sorry for the lack of updates. I really am, but I feel in a big hole then with school and work it just tires me out so I have no strength to try and type up even a word, but I’ll try my best to update frequently. I can’t make such promise, but like I said I’ll TRY!! Lastly thanks for all the supporter out there my subbies we have over 300 subscribers!!! I think that it the most subscribers I’ve had on a fic so far!!! You guys are the best!! And shout out to algama1992 and bibiii_bb for them upvotes!! If I left anyone out I’m sorry! It’s late and I’m supposed to be doing homework. Oh and before I forget for those people who kept telling me to update and you know who you are thanks for the push!! Aight I’m out!! ^____^