Chapter 12

Someone As Cold As Me

A/N: Finally an update!! Sorry for taking so long! I know you guys have been waiting so here it is. Thank for subscribing and commenting and thank you to Razang, IAmDragon, and SNSDLOVER07 for up voting love you guys!! ^__^


 

---------------------


 

"What is that you wanted to about Bae?" Donghae asked Jessica.

 

The two were in the gym. It started when Jessica texted Donghae saying they had to 'talk'.

 

"Let's break up." Jessica said avoiding eye contact with him.

 

"MWO?! Wae?!"

 

"Because I can't stand to see your face. Everytime I see it now it just makes me want to punch your face." Jessica straightforwardly said.

 

"What talking about? What exactly did I do wrong?"

 

"You…you killed her…you killed Tiffany." She said and looked directly into his eyes to see his reaction.

 

"How…what…I have no idea what you're talking about?" Donghae huffed.

 

"Don't lie! I know Donghae!" Jessica yelled at him.

 

"It was two years ago. It's in the past. I changed. Please forgive me? I don't want to lose you Sica."

 

"No. I can't!" Jessica said and turned to walk away, but Donghae pinned her against the bleachers. "Let me go!" Jessica demanded.

 

"No! Jessica I love you! I can't let you go!"

 

Jessica tried to get out of his grip, but couldn't. She gave up. When Donghae realized this he loosened his grip. It gave Jessica chance to slip out and ran out of the gym. Running was out of her moto, but she just needed to get out of there. She ran outside and found Yujin at the front gate of the school and ran to her. When Jessica arrived infront of Yujin she was all tired and out of breath.

 

"Hey what's wrong?" Yujin asked the huffing girl.

 

Jessica shook her head and said "Nothing." Not wanting the girl to worry about her. "Let's go somewhere! Yeah?"

 

"Uh su-" bu before Yujin could answer Donghae ran out of the building towards the two of them.

 

"Sica-ya!" He shouted out. He ran to them and took Jessica's wrist in his hand. "We're not done talking."

 

"Yes we are Donghae!" Jessica gritted her teeth and tried to shake him of her.

 

"No we're not! No let's go back inside and talk about this!" Donghae rose his voice. Donghae pulled Jessica with him, but was stopped by Yujin.

 

"She clearly doesn't want to go with you Donghae-ssi. Now let go of her wrist." Yujin coldly said.

 

Donghae looked at Yujin and both of them began a starring war. Yujin wasn't going to give up so easily. Donghae eventually got tired as let go of Jessica's wrist.

 

"There happy?" Donghae spat, "I bet you are. You got her now. You told her the story, so you could have her to yourself right couz?" Donghae madly chuckled, "Just watch your world crumble to ground soon. You're going to be back where you started. And I know that's exactly where you don't want to be. You know Uncle, he always gets what he wants." With that Donghae left the two of them. Yujin stood there with her hands balled up into fists with Jessica worriedly looking at her.

 

"What's he talking about?" Jessica asked.

 

"*sigh* Nothing." Yujin shook her head. She turned around and began to walk at a quick pace. This shocked Jessica and she had to run to catch up with her.

 

"Yah! Wait up!" Jessica shouted. Yujin slowed down and took big breaths. She couldn't get Donghae's words out of her head. Donghae was right. Her father always got what he wanted. Just because she refused to go back to that hellhole, doesn't she mean she won't be back there.

 

"Jessica can you please leave me alone?" Yujin yelled in frustration.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because…the more I see you, the more I want be to be with you. So just please leave!" Yujin shouted and was about to make a run again before she was stop by Jessica. Jessica had grabbed her wrist and spun her around and embraced her in a tight hug. Yujin's anger got the best of her. Tears streamed down her face and onto Jessica's shirt.

 

"I can't do that Yujin-ah…and neither can you. You promised me that you'll be there for me, anytime and anyday. I need you right now, so unless you want to break that promise you can't keep pushing me away." Jessica said.

 

Yujin kept quite. She knew she wasn't going to break the promise. Jessica knew as well. Instead Yujin wrapped her arms around Jessica and they stood their in each other's embrace. There was a long silence, but it was comfortable.

 

Yujin finally spoke and said, "If Donghae ever tries to hurt you or anything, tell me. I'll beat his up. Got it?" She released Jessica and looked at her face. Jessica chuckled and nodded.

 

"Just don't leave me. I'm here for you Yujin. Stop trying push me away. One minute I think we're great then next minute your tellin me to leave you alone. I don't want to leave alone and I won't, so don't leave me. Araseo?" Yujin nodded

 

"Do you want me to walk you home? Sunny unnie took the car and took the shikshins out to eat." Yujin asked. Jessica shook her head though. "Why not? Do want to go somewhere else?" Jessica nodded, "Where?"

 

"Your apartment." Jessica answered.

 

"My apartment? Why?"

 

"I'm tired and I like the bed in the guest room. It's so soft and so comfortable. I want to sleep on it again. Now come on! I need my beauty sleep!" Jessica pulled Yujin and headed towards the apartment.

 

When they arrived to the apartment Yujin offered Jessica a drink, but she declined it and headed to the guest bed room. Yujin chuckled and shook her head at the girl. When Jessica saw Yujin occupy herself with something Jessica looked around for Yujin's room. She easily found because it had a 'Sunny unnie Do Not Disturb' sign hanging on the nob. Jessica was shocked when she entered the room. Everything was blue. From the lightest shade of blue to the darkest. There's was some green here and there, but mostly blue. Jessica's mouth dropped to the floor. The only other room she's seen like this was Tiffany's, but in pink not blue.

 

Jessica searched around the room. Most of her thing were neat and organized except for the pile of dirty laundry in the corner of the room. What Jessica noticed though was a small frame that was facing down. It was on the nightstand next to the bed. Jessica lifted it up and it was a selfie of Tiffany and Yujin. Jessica looked over for a few minutes not noticing the figure by the doorway.

 

"Ehem!" Yujin fakely cleared her voice. Jessica looked up at her and immediately placed the picture back in its original spot. "I'm guessing this is the new guest room and my room's over there?" Yujin said and pointed to the guest room down the hall.

 

"No I didn't mean to come in here. I got lost! I forgot which one was the guest room." Jessica lied.

 

"Yeah riiiight." Yujin sarcastically said, "Are you hungry? I am you want to get something to eat?"

 

"Huh?" Jessica was surprised at the sudden question and yes she was actually very hungry. "No I'm good. I want to sleep." She said and laid on Yujin's bed.

 

"Ya-" Yujin was going to scold her, but decided not to, "Fine. I'm going order something for myself then." With that she left the latter and went to go order food.

 

Jessica confess she was starving, but soon forgot it when she breathed in Yujin's scent. She became intoxicated on it and soon she slowly drifted off to sleep.

 

"Hey Jess are you sure-" Yujin asked as she walked in the from, but stopped when she saw the girl fast asleep. Yujin chuckled a little; then grabbed an extra blanket from the draw and covered Jessica with it. "You slept all day yesterday, you slept during class, and now you're a sleeping again. Such a sleepy head. Just like Tiffany unnie said. I still remember everything she said about you. You know that?" Yujin asked Jessica as if she was awake. Yujin sat in the bed and Jessica's hair as she slept. "I know what you were thinking when you say the picture the frame. I just haven't changed out. I mean what would put in it after I take that one out. It'd just be a empty frame."

 

~FLASHBACK~

 

Yujin sat on the bed next to Tiffany as Tiffany slept. She was her hair and admiring the beautiful girl's facial features. Yujin couldn't help, but smile around this girl. She wished that they weren't in this prison though. From the moment Tiffany entered this place Yujin felt sorry for her. She knew what her family did for a living ever since forever, but she acted as if nothing was wrong with it. Well not until now. She wonder for the first time why? Why did her family do this? Why keep doing it if we already have tons of money? Why Tiffany? Why someone as innocent as her? Why is she love with her? Why?

 

"I love you Tiffany." Yujin whispered to the sleeping girl. "I promise that I'll protect you. No matter what." Unknowing to her Tiffany was awake and heard the younger girl. Also, she did not that that promise she made could not be kept.

 

~FLASHBACK END~

 

Yujin was sitting on the dining room table staring at the bottle of liquor. 'Should I?' Yujin thought. She was debating with herself whether if she should drink or not. She didn't want to though, because Jessica told her not to. Why was she listening to Jessica anyways? She didn't know. Her hand would occasionally reach out for the bottle, but then she'd retract it. When she finally reached for the bottle she heard footsteps and quickly let the bottle go.

 

Jessica saw Yujin struggling. She saw her hand going back and forth between the edge of the table and the liquor bottle. When Yujin finally reached out for the bottle Jessica tried taking light steps towards Yujin, but was heard.

 

"Sorry I didn't mean to-"

 

"No! You didn't do anything wrong." Yujin said before grabbing the bottle to put it back in the cabinet. "You hungry now? I can warm some food up for you."

 

"Yeah that's good! Thanks!" Jessica grinned.

 

"Have a nice nap?" Yujin asked.

 

"Huh? Oh uh yeah I did." Jessica replied, "Hmmm? Yujin?"

 

"Yeah? What's up?"

 

"Errr, nevermind." Jessica smiled and shook her head.

 

"No tell me. Please?" Yujin said with pleading eyes.

 

"Nothing it's just. If you need anything…you can come to me. If you need to talk or to rant you know who to come to. And thank you for letting me sleep on your bed and giving me food."

 

"You're welcome and about the food don't worry about it. I have to feed a very tall Shikshin almost everyday." Yujin joked which made Jessica laugh.

 

"Well it's better you than me. Since you've been here she doesn't eat our food." Jessica joked as well.

 

"Yah! Are you guys talking about me?!" Sooyoung scolded. Jessica and Yujin were too busy laughing to hear the Shikshin walk into the apartment with Sunny.

 

"Yes, yes we are!" Yujin continued to laugh and gave Sooyoung a hug as she came in. Sooyoung gave her a sisterly kiss on the cheek and patted her before walking into the living room to set her bags down. Jessica could not help but feel jealous when she saw the twos interaction. She somewhat wished she and Yujin were that close.

 

"Jessica! Hey Jess are you there?" Yujin asked and waved her hand in front of Jessica's face.

 

"Huh?" Jessica snapped out her trance.

 

"Here!" Yujin held the plate of rice chicken out for Jessica. "It's not much again, but it's kinda all we have right now. I suggest you eat it before the Shikshin comes and steals it."


"Ah thanks!" Jessica grinned and took the plate in her hands.