Chapter 20

Someone As Cold As Me

"Wake up sleepy we gotta go!" Yujin shouted as she got ready, but Jessica did not move.

 

"Jess! Come on wake up!" Yujin slapped Jessica's .

 

"Mm! What time is it?" Jessica groaned.

 

"It's 4 o'clock."

 

"MWO! I'm going back to sleep"

 

"No now! It takes at least an hour to get back to the city and we have to grab a new uniform. There's also a lot of traffic so hurry up!"

 

"Urghhh~~"  Jessica groaned again.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

“I hate this! Why do we have to go back to school. We were fine at the house.” Jessica whined.

 

“Stop your whining you baby!” Sooyoung said, "Go get a fresh uniform on and let's go! We're gonna be late!"

 

"Fine!" Jessica pouted.

 

"Man your girlfriend." Sooyoung sighed.

 

"What? She's cute!" Yujin chuckled.

 

"Do you have everything set?" Sunny asked Yujin and she nodded, "you should go say bye before you go you know."

 

Yujin then frowned, "yeah I know. Promise me you'll take care of her."

 

"Promise." Sunny have her a reassuring smile.

 

Yujin then ran up stairs to Jessica's. Yujin knocked before entering and was granted permission to enter. Jessica was fixing her hair in the mirror. Her back facing Yujin, but saw her in the reflection of the mirror. Yujin took in the beauty of her girlfriend. She then moved forwards to give her a tight back hug.

 

"Jess?"

 

"Hm?"

 

"I love you…"

 

Jessica blushed, "I love you too."

 

"Hey you want to hear something funny?" Yujin asked.

 

"Sure."

 

"After we left, my father made a holding cell for his prisoners and guess who made up the password to enable the door to unlock?"

 

"Who?"

 

"Sooyoung."

 

"Sooyoung?" Yujin nodded.

 

"How?"

 

"Well they trust Sooyoung and Sunny unnie way more than they do me. They failed once, but me I'm a disappointment. Anyways, the cell allows a person to bring a prisoner and then the person has to be careful and walk along the edge so nothing happens to them and the trap is sprung. The room seems regular but one move can kill you, so you have to think."

 

"Why are you telling me this?"

 

"Safety reasons. Now let's get going shall we?"

 

"We shall!" Jessica grabbed Yujin's hand and they headed for school.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

The group of girls were earlier than everybody else and decided to catch up on what they missed. Sooyoung and Sunny tried filling in the two on what they missed.

 

"I'm gonna head to the restroom I'll be back." Yujin gave a Jessica a long kiss shocking her at the sudden movement.

 

After the kiss she hugged her and told she loved her then left the classroom. Jessica just looked in confusion. Why did she do that out of no where? Jessica decide to brush it off and continue studying. Students then came piling into the school. All of them whispering about Jessica being back. School was about to begin and it bothered Jessica the Yujin was not back yet. She was scared something happened her. She was about to get up and check, but then the bell rang and Mrs. Choi walked into the room.

 

Jessica started to move in her seat. Yujin had been gone for too long. She gave Sooyoung and Sunny worried stares, but they tried avoiding her gaze at all cost. Knowing very well what Jessica would do if she looked directly into their lying eyes. Honestly, Jessica had no idea how they even managed to come back to Seoul and even the school. Her father had people looking for her everywhere.

 

Jessica couldn't take it anymore before abruptly standing up making one look at her. She then ran out the.

 

"Ms. Jung! Where do think you're going!" Mr.s Choi asked, but Jessica was gone. She gave Sooyoung and Sunny the stare signaling them to go after her and they did.

 

As Jessica ran she hit something or someones.

 

"H-how did you guys?" She stuttered. She was out of breath and tears were flowing down her face.

 

"Sica you are a girl that never runs and when you do you're really slow." Sooyoung replied, "Anyways, don't try looking for.She's -"

 

"D-don't say it Sooyoung. Just don't please." Begged Jessica as she was harshly shaking head.

 

"Sica, she's gone." Sunny whispered, "It's...it's for your safety." Her heart was breaking at the sight of her best friend. "But she'll be back." She said as she engulfed the girl in a tight hug.    


 

~FLASHBACK~

 

Yujin on the other hand was not headed to the restroom. She took light steps and search every corner carefully. She then approached a teacher office and walked towards her mother. Her mother was obviously shocked at her presence.

 

"What are you doing here? Your father has guards all over this place. How did you even get in?" Her mother worriedly asked.

 

"You know me, I'm sneaky." Yujin chuckled, "Also, I just wanted to tell you t-to…to take care of Jessica for a while. Protect like she's your daughter okay?" Yujin said with a shaky voice.

 

"I don't get it? Why are you saying that?" Her mother asked as she her daughter's hair

 

"I can't tell you. Just make sure 'he' doesn't harm her. Promise me that!"

 

"I promise."

 

"Great. I love you Omma." Yujin gave her mom a tight squeeze before releasing the hug. "Bye Omma." Yujin bowed and made her way out of the school.

 

~FLASHBACK END~

 

"I have to call her."

 

"You can't she left her phone."

 

"...maybe... maybe we can... we can..." Jessica said trying to figure out a plan, but nothing came up.

 

"Sica there's a reason she left. It so you can't find, so that you'll be safe." Sunny explained, "After what happened she couldn't help but blame herself. What if you were the one who got shot? She would have never forgave herself. It's for your protection."

 

"But she promised. She promised she'd be here and protect me and love me."

 

"And she is protecting. She loves you so much Sica. This is why she left."

 

Jessica still couldn't comprehend all of it. The one person she want to see was gone. Just like how Tiffany was gone too.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Elsewhere in a remote part of town. Screams from a certain girl was being shout out. Big men were beating her and there was nothing she could do. After the men did so they sat her down and tied her to a chair.

 

"Now that we got that settled let's talk about the deal."  The man said, "You work for me and I leave your pretty little girlfriend alone. If you disobey me again which I'm pretty sure you won't I'll have my men do the same to her as they did the other girl. Deal?" The girl half conscious nodded, "Great! Now this won't hurt one bit." The man then injected a needle into the girls arm.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

As soon as Jessica, Sooyoung, and Sunny made it back to the beach house Jessica rushed upstairs to their room. Of course nobody was there, but on the bed laid a bundle of roses and a letter with a bottle of Jessica's favorite perfume. Jessica opened the letter and began reading.

 

    To Jessica

    I'm sorry. There's so much going on that you do not know about and that I cannot tell you. All this time we thought we were safe, we weren't. My 'father' had been looking for us everywhere and it didn't help that Sooyoung and Sunny unnie were going back and forth between us and the city. The more I thought about it the more I realized how much you were in danger. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you, so to make matters right I am leaving. You'll be safe with Sooyoung and Sunny unnie. I'll be back someday, but don't bother waiting. You have to move on with your life like I will with mine. I will always and forever love you Jessica.

 

Love,

Yujin    

 

"Babo! Baboya!" Jessica fell to the floor and cried.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Some years later

 

A man about 25 was running for his life. He had been running for what felt like years. His breaths were short and his legs were becoming weak. He hid in a corner of the warehouse where he thought he was safe, but of course he thought wrong. His partner was long gone now and it was only him. It was silent until he heard someone whistling a tune.

 

"Just some out already. You know you can't escape." The person said. "We might actually let you and your little partner here go. That's if you two are willing to cooperate. What do you say?"

 

BOOM!! The sound of men knocking over the boxes and cargo over. The man could hear them coming closer and closer. Before the men could hit the last one he popped out.

 

"OKAY! Okay..."

 

"Good! Now sit!" The men brought chairs for the two and roughly sat the man down, "First, I want you to tell your boss that the deal is off. He didn't keep his end of the deal, so he gets no share. Also, tell him if he tries coming at us that we will kill him first. Got that?"

 

He nodded his head. "I... I do now where is he?"

 

"Who? Oh your friend. He's up there." Said the person pointing up to a man on the edge of the beam with a rope around his neck. "If you can reach the rope you can save him. Now like I said make sure to give your boss this message." With that it was over. They made their way back to the black car and a snap was heard. There was no looking back.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hong Kong

 

A brunette girl exit the car and thousands of flashes greeted her.

 

"Ms. Jung please address your relationship with Tyler Kwon." The reporters stated trying to get the dirt, "Is it true you two are to wed next year?"

 

The girl kept on walking until she reached the building. Once in it became silent. While waiting for the elevator someone popped out behind her.

 

"Boo!"

 

"Oh my god! Oppa you scared me!" She said and glared at him.

 

"I'm sorry," he laughed, "Did you get the design done?" She nodded, "Great another collection for our fall line."

 

"Yes, but make sure everything is put together. I don't want to be rushing anything again. Got it!"

 

"Yes ma'am! Oh and someone's here to see you by the way."

 

"Who?"

 

"I don't know? He said his names Jackson Wang. I told him to wait outside your office until you arrived."

 

"Okay thanks for informing me." She got off the elevator and quickly walked towards her office where she met a familiar face, "Jackson!" She smiled.

 

"Hey!" He returned the smile.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"So how have you been Jessica? It's been a while."

 

"As you can see I'm good. Started my own fashion company and now I'm here. How have you been? What have you been up too?"

 

"I've been around. Popping up here and there."

 

"Ahh.." Jessica nodded her head, "Have you heard from..."

 

Jackson shook his head, "No I'm sorry, but I heard shes doing good."

 

"That's good. By the way hows that girl of yours?"

 

"We actually got married, but shes gone. Cancer."

 

"I'm sorry to hear."

 

"It's fine. She lived a great life. Anyways I better get going. I have another meeting, so I'll leave you to be. It was nice catching up with you Jessica. I'll see you around."

 

"Yeah it was great seeing you too? Are you staying in Hong Kong?"

 

"For now yes, but not sure how long."

 

"Maybe we can have lunch."

 

"We'll see. Bye!"

 

"Bye!"

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Hey I know it's been a while, but hey I finally updated. Sorry it took so long. I'm working on updating more. Thanks to all the supporters, subscribers, upvoters, etc. Thanks to SoNyuh0016, dukong_lovesSNSD, VioleitHeadPhones, and Soowei for the upvotes and thanks to all the new readers and subbies again. I'll try my best in updating if ideas come to my head. Aight til next time! ^_^