Chapter 6

Someone As Cold As Me

"Sunny-ah!" Jessica yelled as she say her friend walking to school. 

"Hey!" Sunny said back.

"Where's Yujin?" Jessica asked.

"Yujin? I don't know where she is. Why?" 

"In just wondering because you two are always together. Anyways are feeling better? Yujin told me you were hungover. Did you really drink that much?" 

"MWO! She said that? I stayed home because of my cramps! AISH that brat!" Sunny gritted her teeth, "But yes I'm better today. Jessica can I ask you something?"

"Yeah go ahead." 

"Would you mind going on a date with um…with Yujin."

"A date? With Yujin? If you didn't know by now Sunny, I have a boyfriend." 

"I know, I know, maybe not a 'date' but maybe like hangout with her. She doesn't have a lot of friends and she's very shy." 

"I don't know. She said she didn't want to he close to me, so I think might have to find someone else for the job Soonkyu." 

"Yah!" Sunny yelled because if course she hated her real name, "Just ask her. If she rejects I'll make her go with you. Take her to get some coffee, actually not coffee, tea. She doesn't like coffee. Take her Subway, she loves Subway. She doesn't really like exspensive restaurants. Don't go shopping she gets bored right away. She's really sporty so do something sporty. Got it?"

"Uhh…yeah I got most of it." Jessica slowly nodded trying to comprehend the information Sunny had told her.

-----------------

"Yah Yujin-ah!" Jessica approached the younger girl.

'What does she want now?' Yujin thought. It's not that Yujin doesn't like Jessica, it's just that she doesn't want to get close to her or anyone. She scared of what her father will do to them. She scared to care and feel for another person and especially scared to love another person. She scared that if Jessica gets close enough she might just fall in love with her.

"Yes Jessica-ssi?" Yujin asked.

"Please don't said Jessica-ssi. If you don't want to call me unnie then just call me Jessica or whatever else." 

"Can I call you Jessi?" 

'Jessi? That's what Tiff called me.' Jessica thought, "Ye-yeah." Jessica hesitantly said. It's been a while since someone called her that. And yes, Tiffany was the only person who calle her that. 

"Great. So if that's all can I get back to eating my lunch in silence?" Yujin then put her earphone back into her ear and continued eating her salami sandwhich. 

"YAH!" Jessica shouted and pulled the earphones out of Yujin's ears. 

"Oww! That hurt!" Yujin whined, "What do you want?!" 

"I wasn't finished what I was going to say! Anyways I was going to ask you if you would like to hangout after school? Maybe we can go get some coffee or something." 

"No thanks I don't like coffee."

"Then tea! Let go out for hot chocolate or tea. Then we can go do something else like go play soccer!" 

"Soccer? You play soccer? Psh!" Yujin chuckled. 

"What's so funny about that?" Jessica asked annoyed.

"Nothing it's just you don't seem sporty at all."

"Mwo? I am actually very sporty. If you call sleeping a sport then yes. So are you gonna go or not?" 

"Sure why not. You're paying though. Now leave me alone I want to eat my sandwhich!" 

"No I think I'll stay with you it's really peaceful. I think might take a nap." Jessica yawned and laid her head on Yujin's lap.
(A/N: they're in the a secret court yard)

"Yah! This my place and you stalked me here now leave!" 

Jessica I hinted the younger girl and was already far off into her dreamland. 

"Aish! Really Jessica Jung? Really?" 

-----------------

"So where are we going?" Yujin asked as Jessica tried dragging her to the bakery near by. Yujin tried to avoid Jessica, but failed when Jessica caught her trying to sneak out of the front gate of the school. "It's Friday. Sunny unnie promised me that I can drink the hard liquior today." Yujin whined. 

"We made a deal to hangout after school, so we are going to hang out! You need to stop drinking too you're only 16!" Jessica grunted trying her hardest to drag Yujin with her. Jessica stopped and huffed because she was to tired from trying to get Yujin to come along with her, "Come on pleassse? I promised Sunny that if take you out today." Jessica whined. 

"Wait! Sunny unnie told you to do this? Why?"

"Sunny said you need someone to hangout with because you're lonely. Please come with me? I'm not doing this for Sunny. I'm doing this because I think you really do need someone and I'm willing to be here for you if you need anything. Now let's go." 

"Alright. Where to?" 

"That bakery just up the block. Sooyoung's parents bought her that bakery because Sooyoung loves food." 

"Ookay? Let's go. Your treat, remember?" 

---------------

"Hey Sica! Oh and you must be Yujin,SunBun's cousin?" Sooyoung asked and Yujin gave a slit nod, "Cool! Well, I'm Sooyoung. Nice meet you!" 

"Likewise."

"Wow Jessica you got a keeper. She's as cold as you." Sooyoung joked, "What can I get for you two?" 

"I'll have my regular." Jessica answered.

"I'll have iced tea. Thanks." Yujin gave a slit now and walked away and sat by the window.

"Get me a chocolate cake too. Thanks Soo!" 

"No prob! I'll have your guy's order ready in a few minutes." 

Jessica made her way and sat next to Yujin. Jessica had no idea what to say, so there was an akward silence. 

"Um, so Yujin…when's your birthday?" Jessica randomly blurted out.

"Why do you want to know that?" 

"It just gives us something to talk about. So when is it?"

"It past already. It was on the 18th." 

"18th? Of this month? April?" 

"Yeah why? What's so great about it anyways?"

"Because that's my birthday. And other things happened that day too. Yeah that's all."

"Oh cool." Then it went silent again.

It was a good three minutes of silence before Sooyoung came with their order. Jessica had her Carmel coffee with a small strawberry cake. While Yujin drank her ice tea and too small bites of the chocolate cake Jessica order her. They were silent most of the time. None really wanted to make the first move and talk. 

Like planned they finished their snack and went back to school to play soccer. Luckily for them someone had left their soccer ball on the field for them to use. Yujin went for the ball and began dribbling the ball back and forth the field. Jessica being Jessica didn't want to run so she sat on the side lines and watched her. 

"Hey come play with me! I'm bored." 

"No I don't to." 

"You're the one who suggested this. Now why don't you want to play?" 

"Because you have to run. I never run." 

Yujin couldn't believe what she was hearing. Why would this girl suggest a sport that involves runnin when she doesn't even want to run. Yujin then had another idea. Without saying a word she made her way towards the entrance of the school. 

"Yah! Where are you going?" Jessica shouted. 

Yujin didn't answer and just made her way inside leaving Jessica at the soccer field. Jessica on the other hand was furious. She was left alone with no explaination. 

"HEY!" A fimiliar voice yelled out to Jessica. Jessica looked around and found a figure in the baseball field, "COME OVER HERE!" Jessica did as she was told and stomped furiously over to the field. When she finally made it over their she angerly kicked Yujin's leg making her fall on the floor, "AHHH!! What the heck!" 

"That's for leaving me by myself in the field!" Jessica pouted, "What is this anyways!" Jessica kicked the baseball equipment.

"What does look like." Yujin groaned as he got up, "WE are going to play baseball. You won't have to run. All you have to do is throw the balls." 

"Sounds good to me." Jessica's face change into a happy one and grabbed the bag of balls and made her way to the pitchers mound, "Ready?" Yujin nodded her head. Jessica ready herself. She had perfect formation like the pitchers she seen in TV. She began to throw the ball and when she did it landed about two feet infornt of her. (a/n: I'm sure all of us seen Jessica's first pitch.)

"Ahahahahaha!!" Yujin began to laughed.

"Yah! Don't laugh!!" Jessica pouted and lowered her head in embrassment. 

"Do you know how to throw a ball?" Yujin continued to laugh. 

"I can throw a ball that was just a practice. See!" Jessica threw a second ball, but it was just as bad as the first one. This made Yujin laugh even more. "I quit!" Jessica shouted and kicked the bag of baseballs. 

Yujin stoped laughing when she realized that Jessica was walking away from the mound and towards the exit of the field."Ey! Where you going?"

"Away from here. I at this!" Jessica stomped and kept pouting. 

"Come here I'll teach you. Please don't leave. It's only 6 o'clock and the sun still out. Let's get some exercise." Yujin gave Jessica akward but sincere smile. 

"Okay, but don't laugh at me anymore." 

"Okay I won't. Cross my heart." Yujin said and did the actions, "Now come here. Hold the ball." Yujin placed the ball in Jessica's hand, "You're form was good but the trick is to point to the place you want the ball to go. Now image a box infornt of the bater that's where you want to throw it. It's called the strike zone."

"I know what it's called. Now let me try." Jessica tried a third time, but again the ball landed only three feet I front if her. Yujin was about to start laughing again but Jessica shot her deadly glare and she didn't. 

"Here do like this." Yujin placed another ball I her hand but then guided Jessica's hand with hers. This time the ball made it to almost to the home plate. 

"Wa! It almost made it!" Jessica jumped and clapped her hands like a little kid. Without noticing it Jessica wrapped her arms around Yujin's neck and hugged her. Yujin stiffened at the sudden skinship."What's wrong?" Jessica asked. 

"Nothing. It's nothing. You wanna try bating."

"Sure!" 

"You're a righty, right?" Jessica nodded, "So place your right hand on top of your left like this" Yujin said placing Jessica's hands on the bat, "Then you just swing like this." Yujin demonstrated. Then she noticed that she was back hugging Jessica as she showed her how to hold the bat. She quickly retracted herself from Jessica and stepped back. Jessica being Jessica was oblivious to everything and just concerntrated on what Yujin told her to do. 

Thw two girls played for another two hours when they finally decided to pack up and go home. 

"Okay one more. Throw me the ball." Yujin said getting ready to hit the ball. "okay." Jessica said and tossed the ball to Yujin. Yujin hit the ball hard and the ball went straight and hit Jessica in the head."OH MY GOD!! JESSICA!!" Yujin shouted and ran to the girl. Jessica had out and was unconcious. Yujin quickly reacted and carried Jessica and ran towards the school building. The doors were locked, so Yujin decided to run to the hospital. 

----------------

"Yujin-ah" Mrs. Jung called. 

"Hello Auntie." Yujin bowed. Yujin's face was expressionless and full of guilt for what she did to Jessica.

"What happened?" Mrs. Jung concernily asked.

"We were playing baseball and I hit the ball and it hit Jessica in the head. Jessica knocked out and I brought her here. The doctor said there's nothing to worry about. Just make sure she puts medicine on the bruise on her forehead. She can leave when she wakes up." Yujin explained. 

"Wow! Well at least she's okay. Thanks for taking care of her. You can go home now. You're parents are probably waiting for you to get home." 

"I don't live with my parents and I'll be fine. I want to stay and wait for Jessica to wake up." Yujin said an sat back in the chair next to the hospital bed Jessica was laying on. 

This scene was all too fimiliar to Yujin. Jessica lying in the bed with a bruise on the right if her forehead reminded her of the first time she met Tiffany. 

-------------------

~FLASHBACK~

Yujin stood there staring at the girl in the bed. She had bruise on the right of her head. When they kidnapped her they accidently hit her head on the roof of the car. There was something about this girl that Yujin liked. This girl was in fact beautiful, but Yujin felt that there was more to her than her appearance that Yujjn liked. Yujin had the first aid kit in her hands and took out a tube of medicine for the girls bruise. The girl's body twitched as Yujin tried to gently apply the medicine. Then Yujin felt a pain in her gut. The girl elbowed her and tried to run away but the door ways locked. The girl had been awake the woke Yujin came in, but pretended to sleep. 

"There's no point in trying to get out." Yujin groaned. 

"You're a girl?" 

"Yeah what else would I be? Can you please come back here so I can finish putting medicine on your head." 

"How do I know you won't hurt me?"

"I'm trying to put medicine on your head. Why would I hurt. Plus, I'm a skinny 14 year old girl." Yubin said slowly approaching the girl. She carefully finished putting the medicine on and walked back to the first aid kit. The girl on the other hand slowly followed her and at back on the bed. 

"Thanks." She mumbled. 

"What'd you say?" 

"I said, thanks."  She said again.

"You're welcome now, would you like anything to eat?" Yujin kindly offered.

"No I'm fine." 

"Alright then. Would you like to change. I brought some new close for to to change into." Yujin pointed to the close on the table, "You might be a prisoner, but I choose how I get to treat MY 'prisoners'" 

"Um, sure." 

"Okay I'll be back in a bit with something to eat." 

"I said I'm not hungry." 

"I am though. A girls gotta eat!" Yujin joked. 

This made the girl chuckle and smile. Yujin has never seen someone with such a beautiful smile before. Yujin's heart sped up as the girls eyes became crecent moons. 

"So, uh, I'll be back in a few minutes." Yujin smiled, "Oh by the way. What is your name?" 

"I'm surprised you don't know by now. I'm Tiffany, Tiffany Hwang." 

"It's nice to meet you Tiffany. I'm Choi Yujin."

~FLASHBACK END~

-----------------

A/N: So how was that? Sorry if this chapter's kinda boring. I was wondering have you guys seen Boa's movie Make Your Move because I did I loved it! I saw the day it came which was last week and it was Jessica's birthday too. OMG me and my friends like spazzed out the whole time lol. Anyways here another update! Hope you liked it. Thanks to all the subbies! Please comment! Thank you to youngeun, iceprincess123, and JeTi1289 for the upvotes love you guys! Ok til next time! ^___^