Chapter 13

Someone As Cold As Me

A/N: so here's a short chap before I pass out for the night here. Thanks you guys so much for subscribing, commenting, and thanks to Yuiistar and Pikacu256 for the upvotes!! Enjoy! I think you guys might like this chapter! ^__^


 

-------------------------------

 

About a month has gone by and Donghae hasn't bothered Jessica since. There were times where Donghae would approach her, but Yujin was always right behind her giving him the glared whenever he got close. Donghae was especially scared of te glares Yujin gave because it was just like the ones her father gives him. Going to Yujin's apartment everyday and takin a nap there became apart of Jessica's daily routine. She would go in sleep on Yuin's bed and Yujin sat on the empty space next to her and played on her phone. Whenever she heard Sooyoung and Sunny come home it was her cue to get up and cook dinner for all of them.

 

Yujin felt like her life finally feeling normal. She didn't have to worry about her father because he hasn't bothered her for a month now. She hasn't drunk or smoked either. No that she didn't think of doin those stuff, but Jessica would have badly scolded her if she did. Yujin was slowly changing; all thanks to Jessica. Her heart began to melt. The ice around it was slowly melting away. Yujin could have sworn she felt something for the older girl. Whenever Jessica would hug her, back hug longer than a minute, kiss her cheek, whenever she did little things for her her heart fluttered. It fluttered the way she didn't want it to, but it did. Yujin didn't realize that she was slowly falling for the one they called the ice princess, but what didn't realize either is that the ice princess is already in love with her.

 

-----------------------

 

The two girls were I the library studying for their final exams. One was working diligently while the other pretended to work, but instead was napping.

 

"Hey what did you get for question 9?" Jessica asked Yujin. (Yujin's sleeping not Jessica. Funny isn't it)

 

"…"

 

When Jessica got no answer she looked at the younger girls paper which had only had her name and date written on it.

 

"Yah! Why are you asleep?! We need to study!" Jessica shouted, but then was shushed by the other students around them. Jessica gave them an apologetic look then woke up the younger girl. "Yah! Wake up!" Jessica whispered.

 

"I don't want." Yujin whined, "Do we have to study? I already know everything."

 

"No, you may know, but you won't remember."

 

"Can't we just go out and play. Sunny unnie and Sooyoung unnie went to karoke with Yoona, Taeyeon, and Hyoyeon unnie! I want to go." Yujin pouted, crossed her arms and rested her head on the table like a little kid.

 

'Aish! Why does she have to act so cute and innocent?!' Jessica thought

 

"Stop acting like a baby! I told you we can go when we're done."

 

"Then you do it. I'll wait til you're done. Wake me up once you finish."

 

'You're really pushing my bottons Choi Yujin! You're lucky I love you enough not to pound on you!'

 

"Fine! Come on let's go!" Jessica finally gave in to the sulking baby.

 

"Really?! Okay let's go!" Yujin's shot up and quickly packed their stuff into the their back packs. She grabbed her backpack as well as Jessica's and began walking out of the library. She happily walked down the hall when suddenly she felt a knock on her head. "Oww!! What was that for?!"

 

"Nothing." Jessica said with an expressionless face and linked arms with her and they made their way to the car.

 

"Mmm Yujin?" Jessica said as she looked at the girl from the passenger seat.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Can we go somewhere else? Like on a date or something. I really don't wat to go karoke tonight."

 

"Uh sure where do you want to go?"

 

"Mm? Let's go visit your brother!" Jessica happily said, but it made Yujin frown.

 

"No!" Yujin automatically declined.

 

"Why not? He probably missed you let's go!"

 

"No means no Jessica! Seeing my brother while result in seeing my dad, so, no! We are never going there!" Yujin huffed, "How about we go get some ice cream and have a movie night? Sound good?" Jessica nodded not wanting to anger the younger girl anymore then she is.

 

Jessica was quiet the rest of the trip. From the market to the apartment she didn't say a word. Yujin would ask her questions, but she would just nod or shake her head. They are ice cream and watched the movie in silence. It wasn't like they said much on regular days anyways.

 

"Jess." Yujin finally said.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Just say what you want to say. I know you want to." Yujin looked into Jessica's eyes.

 

"I'm sorry." Jessica looked down and broke the gaze, "I shouldn't have said anything in the car. I know how sensitive you get when it comes to your 'family'."

 

Yujin smiled at the older girl and lifted her chin up. Instead of the expressionless face Jessica expected to see, she saw the smile. She was relieved. Yujin didn't know if she was just in the moment, but she wanted to kiss Jessica's lips. She unconsciously leaned in and captured Jessica's lips. Jessica was surely surprised by her act, but didn't care kissed her back.

 

"I'm home!" Sooyoung yelled running into the living room. The two girls quickly pulled away from each other and tried acting as if nothing happened. "Oh sorry was I disturbing your guy's alone time? I can leave. Just go back to whatever you two were doing." Sooyoung smirked and turned around. She stopped when felt a slipper hit her back.

 

"Just come over here you Shikshin. Come finish our ice cream for us. Where's Sunny unnie?"  

 

"She and the other girls went out to buy snacks. We are going to have a sleepover!" Sooyoung said and hit Yujin with slipper that she threw to her.

 

"Ah! Jess she hit me!" Yujin whined to Jessica.

 

"Aww poor baby." Jessica said patted we head, "Sooyoung-ah why didn't you go? I mean yet went to go buy snacks."

 

"They won't let me go. They told I'd buy the whole store if I went with them, so they told me to go home and wait with you guys. Which was a very bad idea because you two were clearly going to take it into the - AH!" Sooyoung yelled as the back of her head was hit by the slipper.

 

"Shut up! Nothing happened!"

 

"What are you talking about I saw it! Lips on lips! You two were obliviously kissing!" Sooyoung's smirk showed again.

 

"MWO?! YOU TWO WHAT?!" The fours girls all shouted when they entered the living room.

 

"AISH!! This Shikshin unnie I'm gonna kill you!" Yujin mumbled, but loud enough for Sooyoung to hear, so she ran to hide behind the four girls who just arrived.

 

"Wow! So are two together now? We all knew was bound to happen, but we thought maybe another month or two." Hyoyeon said.

 

"No we're not! Okay let's drop this." Yujin tried changing the topic, but there was no point. "We're just friends."

 

"Yeah friends with benefits! Haha!" Sunny said and highfived Sooyoung.

 

"Jess help me out here! Tell them." Yujin turned to Jessica. Jessica stared at her blankly as if she didn't know she was talking about. Of course she didn't regret that kiss unlike Yujin. She wasn't going to deny that she liked the kiss either. Yujin found no use in ising Jessica as a backup, so she just gave up fighting with the unnies. "I'm going to sleep. Make sure you guys don't burn anything. I don't want the fire department here like last time you guys had a sleepover."

 

"Don't worry we will make sure that doesn't happen." The two Kims said.

 

"Yeah the two dorks. I'm pretty sure one of you will burn something if Sooyoung doesn't."

 

"Why you so worried that we'll burn something?" Sunny asked.

 

"Because you guys leave something cooking go do something else forget about what's cooking and leave the food to burn. Just make sure doesn't happen." After she headed to her room to get some peace and quiet. Her unnies are always so loud she can't concentrate.

 

-------------------------

 

Jessica was still sitting in the same spot. She watch as the girls were getting tangled in ther game of Twister. She herself was getting sleepy, so she decided to head to Yujin's room to sleep,but was stopped by the girls.

 

"Hey where are you going?" They asked.

 

"Going to bed." Jessica replied.

 

"Oh okay have! If you know what I mean!" Hyoyeon wiggled her eyebrows. Jessica just sent her a death glare. "Just tell her you love her already. Don't make things so difficult." She heard as she walked away from the group.

 

------------------

 

Yujin wasn't sleeping, but playing on her phone. It was still to early to sleep. She stopped when she heard footsteps coming. She quickly turned the phone off and pretended to sleep. She knew exactly who it was. No comes into her room, but Jessica. Jessica climbed in the bed and faced Yujin. She sat there for a few minutes admiring the girls features which felt like hours to Yujin.

 

"You know you are so cute when you act like that. You always act so tough, but inside I know you're just a cute little kid." Jessica said to the 'sleeping ' figure in front of her. She was lightly Yujin's hair as she talked. Yujin tried not to make any funny facial expressions. She didn't want Jessica to know that she was listening. "Do you regret that kiss? Because I don't. I loved it, but maybe it's just because the fact that I love you. " Jessica continued. She cupped Yujin's left cheek with her right hand and glided her thumb over her lips. Jessica scooted in closer and placed a quick lingering kiss on Yujin's lips. It shocked her when Yujin responded. Jessica pulled back in embarrassment. She had just confessed everything to Yujin without knowing it. "Where you awake this whole time!" Yujin only nodded.

 

There was an awkward silence between the two now. No one wanted to talk. They could find the words to say to each other. Yujin didn't want to say I love you back because she didn't. Well not exactly in that way. She just knew that she wanted to taste Jessica's lips again. Call her selfish, but she did. Instead of thinking of something to say Jessica was worried about what Yujin was going to say. She of course didn't expect to hear I love you that's for sure. The silence continue between the two. Yujin couldn't take it anymore, so she finally got out of her bed and walked to the door.

 

"Where you going?" Jessica asked.

 

"I'm going to check up on them. I'll be back." Yujin said and left the room. "Finally!" Yujin was finally able to breath properly again when she exited the room.

 

"She won't be back." Jessica sighed, "Might as well sleep still. There's no point in waiting for her to return." With that Jessica fell fast asleep.

 

------------------

 

The next morning


Jessica woke in an empty bed. Like she expected. Yujin didn't come back.