Chapter 24

Someone As Cold As Me

Yujin POV

 

I can't stop thinking about you. Your smell lingers on my bed. Your touch remains on my skin. I can still feel it all. It's everything I want, but can't have. Because I know…if I continue this selfish act you will get hurt along the way. Maybe not by me, but someone close to me.

 

I wish I could remember those times spent together, I do. When I look at your photo my head hurts. Not only that but, my heart. You deserve someone better. Someone who will not bring you harm. Physically and mentally. One that can protect you. Someone who isn't…who isn't a coward.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Ms. Choi?"

 

"Yujin. Please call me Yujin."

 

"Yujin, you seem a little pale. Are sure you would like to continue this meeting? We can reschedule."

 

"No…please continue." I gestured.

 

"As I was saying, our ships dock here! Our products are then shipped to this building to be held for safe keeping. Not only there but here, here, and here. This is main building though." I only nodded as he explained. "Do you have any questions?" He asked.

 

"Will you be willing to let me into the main building?" I asked.

 

"Of course. I actually have an appointment there soon. I can give a ride there, but you will have to get a ride back."

 

"That's no problem." I said.

 

End of POV

 

--------------------------------------------

 

“So how do you like it?”

 

“It’s small, but that doesn’t matter.” Yujin replied, “Where do you usually store all your products?”

 

“In the basement of course! Ah! There you are!”

 

Yujin looked over to see who her host was talking to. It just so happened to be the one person that she wanted to avoid.

 

“Jessica! You remember Yujin right?”

 

“Yes, I do.” Jessica said giving her a slight bow, “Tyler, I have the finalized designs for the next line coming up. Please, look over them.”

 

“Will do!” Tyler smiled at her and took the folder from her hands, “Now if you two could excuse me, I have a meeting to attend. I look forward to seeing you again soon Yujin.” And with that he left the two girls alone with a tense atmosphere.

 

Without a word Yujin her heels and began walking out of the building. Only to be stopped by ‘her’ with a hug. Jessica’s hold was strong. It was to the point where Yujin swore she couldn’t breath anymore. Jessica was afraid of letting go. If she did when would she ever see her again. Yujin could only sigh and wish that her heart was not skipping beats and racing over 100 miles per hour.

 

“Jessica.”

 

“…”  

 

“Jessica, please…” Yujin shut her eyes and sighed again, “Jessica, please stop…” Yujin used all her remaining strength to pry Jessica’s arms off of her thin waist. She turned around to see so much hurt in Jessica’s face. She couldn’t say much though, but she knew she had to say something, "What's your connection with Tyler Kwon?"

 

"He's…my business partner. He invested in the company when I started."


 

“…you need to break ties with him.”

 

“What?”

 

“Tyler. You need to get away from him. He’s no good.” She said to a blank staring Jessica.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“I can’t say much, but I know he’s dangerous. Just cut ties off with him.”

 

“Since when do you have the right to tell me what to do?”

 

“Jessica…just…trust me. Please?”

 

Jessica wanted to be mad. Why was Yujin out of all people telling her to but ties with her business partner when she had no idea who he was. They had only met a few days ago. She wanted to be mad, she did, but once she saw Yujin’s soft begging eyes she couldn’t be and she hated that.

 

“I think you should go.” Jessica her voice cracking in the process. Yujin didn’t need to be told twice. She knew nothing more could be done and she left without looking back. “I hate you Choi Yujin!” Jessica cried out as she watched the girl leave again.

 

------------------------------------------

 

"So have you found any flaws in the company yet?" Sunny asked Jackson as she sipped her coffee.

 

"From what I found is that there are many companies trying to overcome their company to be number 1. I say if we can promise those groups to help us take the Choi's company down they'll work with us and with that, we can take them down as well. Killing two birds with one stone."

 

"Nice work! You've come along way from being a male stripper." Sunny joked.

 

"NOONA!" Jackson whined and Sunny only laughed while holding her stomach.

 

------------------------------------------

 

"Hyojin! Hyojin! Come play with me!" A little girl shouted at her best friend.

 

“Okay Soomi! Hold on I’m coming!” the little girls shouted, “Mommy can go play? Please? Please Mommy?!” Hyojin looked to her mother with pleading eyes.

 

“Sure,” Yujin laughed at her daughter’s cute antics, “Go ahead, just don't get hurt. Okay?” the little one nodded, “Good now go play. Mommy will just be over here reading her papers.”

 

“Thanks mommy! Soomi!” Hyojin excitedly shouted and ran to her best friend. The two girls decided to swing like they always did when they played together. “Hi Mimi!”

 

“Hi Jinnie! I missed you!” Soomi said hugging her friend before hopping onto the other swing.

 

“Me too Mimi!” Hyojin smiled and blushed a little, “Mimi guess what?”

 

“What Jinnie?”

 

“I’m gonna have a new Omma! Mommy is going to marry the pretty auntie I told you about! Her name is Jessica. My mommy loves her a lot!”

 

“Wow Jinnie how exciting! Will Auntie Jessica like me? What if she doesn’t?” Soomi worriedly asked.

 

“Of course she will Mimi. She will love you as much as I love you.” Hyojin explained, getting off the swing and hugging her best friend, “And because Mimi is so special to me, I know Auntie Jess will love you like I do.” Hyojin said then gave her friend a kiss on the cheek making her blush and as red as a tomato. "Come on Mimi! Let's go!" Hyojin shouted as she ran towards the playground leaving behind her flustered best friend.

 

"O-okay!" She stuttered before sprinting to the playground as well.

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

"Give me a report!"

 

"They've made contact sir."

 

"And…"

 

"She met Hyojin an stayed the night. She left crying. She is the owner of fashion company Blanc & Eclare. Her business partner is Tyler Kwon."

 

"Tyler Kwon?"

 

"Yes,sir!"

 

"Interesting. She's made it big but, we can't let her be distracted. She's my best person in the team. I can't risk her gaining her memory back. She'll ruin me. Do whatever you can."

 

"Yes, sir!"

 

------------------------------------------------

 

There they were. Sunny on one side and Yujin on the other. It has been a while since the two had the chance to meet up. A friend greeting was exchanged but, a comfortable silence was left over with each of them to sip on their respected coffee’s.

 

“I missed you unnie... “

 

“I missed you too Yujin-ah…” Sunny said back to cousin she loved oh so dearly. “How’s my baby Hyojinnie?”

 

“She’s good. I think she’s already falling in love.”

 

“Huh? Are you serious she’s like four years old!” Sunny asked with wide eyes and Yujin nodded in response. “How do you know that a four year old is in love?”

 

“I can see it in their eyes. I can see it already. Childhood friends get separated and find their way back to each other years later.” Yujin laughed.

 

“Yeah if it was a drama!” Sunny laughed along. She was happy that this girl could still laugh and joke around like before. She wasn’t all cold hearted but, as the laughter died down Yujin began to become serious.

 

“I met her.” She said.

 

“Oh… y-you did?” Yujin nodded. “What happened?”

 

“I was meeting with a new business partner for lunch when she ended up being at the same place. It turns out their business partners too… “ Yujin explained.

 

“Did she say anything to you?”

 

“Unnie I know you told her everything that happened. I’m stupid but, no.” Sunny lowered her head slightly feeling bad for telling Jessica her situation,  “She was trying to get closer to me. And things happened… things that shouldn’t had happened.”

 

“Why don’t you just let her in? Why are you pushing her away?”

 

Yujin sighed and took a sip her now cold coffee, “Unnie… there’s a reason I left her right? SO WHY!? Why… would I take the chance to be with her again?”

 

“Because… you love her.”

 

“Ha, no I don’t.” Yujin scoffed and looked away.

 

“Yes, you do. I see it in your eyes. You think you’re real cool by acting like this right? Yujin-ah… you are way better than this.” Sunny couldn’t help but almost cry.

 

“Unnie, can we just drop this. I didn’t meet up you to have another one of these talks. Jessica is a stranger to me and nothing more. NOTHING! OK!?”

 

“Ok! Whatever you say. We’ll drop it.” Sunny sighed, “I’m gonna go grab so more coffee.” She got up and headed to the front counter.

 

“I’m sorry unnie... “ Yujin whispered as she watched her walk away.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

“Junhong-ah did you get the information I asked for?” Demanded a frustrated Yujin.

 

How did Zelo know his sister was frustrated? Because she used his real name.

 

“Ne Noona! It’s right here!” He answered laying the folder in front of her.

 

“Overview”

 

“Tyler Kwon, Korean-American, 35 years of age and CEO of Coridel Group. He holds a great amount of B&E’s shares.” Zelo explained.

 

“Why is someone of such high position signing with a company like us?”

 

“Maybe he doesn’t know what we actually do here.”

 

“That’s impossible. We’re well known upfront and behind the scenes.” Yujin thought. It didn’t make senses to her at unless… “He’s selling illegal, but what and why exactly?”

 

“It says here that his company almost went bankrupt. He needed someway to get out. Noona why did you sign this contract with him?”

 

“...“

 

“Is it because of J noona?”

 

“What? No! And don’t call her that!”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Just don’t!”

 

“Alright! I won’t!”

 

“Good know get back to work!”

 

RRRIIIINNNGGGG

 

“I got to take this. I’ll be back.” Yujin looked at her phone and walked out of the room.

 

At the same time Zelo got a call as well. When he looked at his phone it was none other than his Sunny Noona. He smiled as he picked up the phone. This was for his Yujin Noona and no one was going to stop him.

 

“You know Junhong… you have a true lion heart.”

 

“Thanks noona. I just want my sister.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

She was surrounded by blinking lights and was sipping on a glass of her favorite champagne. The music blaring so loud you couldn’t even hear your own thoughts and people grinding against someone else they met 10 minutes ago. It wasn’t a pleasant site for Jessica to see. She was sitting next her business part as he conversed with other potential business people that she didn’t really care for. The only thoughts she had was Choi Yujin. The girl she hated but loved the most. The thoughts she had only wanted her drown herself in more alcohol and maybe even a strong kind of alcohol.

 

She refused to go out tonight with Tyler but like always he got his way and she ended up here. Now dancing in the middle of the dance floor completely intoxicated. She had know idea what exactly she was doing but she didn’t care she just had to let go and so she did.


 

-------------------

 

“Aww… my head..” Jessica groaned as the sunlight seeping through the curtains woke her up. She had a blinding pain in her head and could not even open one eye. She couldn’t until she felt something coming up . She quickly ran to the toilet to throw up the contents she consumed the night to early morning before.

 

“Ugh! I’m never going to drink again!” She groaned as she laid her body against the bathtub.


 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I updated lol! Finally! I know. Anyways I’ve made outlines for the chapters but haven’t gotten the motivation to write them. Thanks to all the subscribers that have been waiting forever for me to update. I’m sorry ;(. And thanks to bknight2k, rocketsocks12, and nzone89 for upvotes. I really loved all your encouraging comments as well! Thanks for all the love and support. This fic is almost to 400 subbies! I’m so so SO thankful you guys! Hope you nice a day, night whatever! LOL ANYWAYS… bye ^_^!

<3