Partners

Blissful Stories (Requests Closed)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Class we are going to pick out your partners for this semester okay?” the whole classroom groaned from knowing that we would be working with this person and this person only for the next 3 ½ months. The teacher came around and gave every other person a piece of paper. I pouted as she passed by me making my friend laugh who I was sitting next to. I watched as she went around the room and my eyes caught a glimpse of a really handsome boy. I have been in a few classes of his before, but I never had the opportunity to talk to him, all I know is that his name is Minhyuk. My friends told me that he was an alumni of our High School just the year before us, but I still don’t remember him at all. I was always the type to focus on my studies and hanging with my friends rather than go hunting in the wilds of the school hallways for a boyfriend. The teacher gave Minhyuk-ssi a piece of paper, he smiled gently towards her and I felt a smile appear on my face as well. Such a sweet smile, I thought to myself. Almost as if he could read my mind he looked over to where I was, making me turn away. Great now he is going to think you were staring, you shouldn’t have done that, I scolded myself. “Okay I would like each table to go and say their partners name out loud and the person whose name is read please raise your hand, so your partner knows who you are. After everyone is paired up, I will give you guys around 5 minutes to exchange information before giving you your first project. Then, you can all go on your own to the library or somewhere to start on the project. Please use this time that I am giving you. I do not give a lot of class time for projects, so work hard.”

One by one everyone was getting paired up and I didn’t hear my name being called at all. All of my friends were paired up with decent partners and knowing my luck, I would be partnered up with a person who is a complete airhead and I would be doing all the work. I placed my head on the table depressed from all of the good workers being taken, until I heard my name. I raised my hand, lifted my head up and turned to see who it was. “______-ssi…” the person said gently and I saw that it was Minhyuk. I gulped and nodded my head in response. He smiled towards me and the teacher moved onto the next person. My friend nudged me making me lose eye contact with him.

“You look like a lovesick puppy right now, I hope you know that.” She teased.

“I do not; I am just in shock is all.”

“Why? Is it because he’s completely gorgeous, and you have that hunk all to yourself for the whole semester I HATE YOU!” she hit me playfully making me giggle.

“No, it’s just I am shocked I have never noticed him really until this semester. I mean I know that we have had classes together, but I never really ‘saw’ him at all.”

“Come again weirdo?”

“I mean I normally sat in the front and the only time I saw him was when he walked into the classroom, or when he gave presentations, and even then I was a nervous wreck to even fully hear/see anyone’s presentations.” I sighed. “I just wish I was paired up with someone who I knew…I don’t like working with strangers.”

She hugged my neck bringing my head down towards her bosom which caused me to push away from her. “My little chick needs to leave the nest…” she smirked having one of her mother hen moments. “I know that the world is a scary place, but please remember that your mommy hen is here for you all the time.” She kissed my hair over and over again making me giggle.

“U-Uh excuse me?” we heard and looked up to see Minhyuk standing in front of us. “May I talk to ____-ssi please?” he asked and my friend let me go and got up.

“Be my guest.” She smirked and kissed my cheek before she found her partner.

He sat down and both of us looked away embarrassed to even talk. I noticed that everyone in the classroom was talking and having conversations with their partners except for Minhyuk and I. I took in a deep breath and turned back to him. “Can I…” we both started talking at the same time making us laugh.

“You first.” He insisted. Noisy

“Oh no, please go first.” I gestured towards him.

“We-Well I was just going to ask for your phone number so we can keep in contact.” He scratched the back of his neck.

I smiled at how nervous he looked. “I was going to ask the same thing.” I took out a piece of paper and wrote my home, cell phone and even my email address. “Here are all of the ways you can reach me. I sometimes turn off my cell phone or it’s on mute so if I don’t answer then my house phone is the next best thing. However, my little sister talks to her girl friends forever, so just in case those two ways do not work you have my email.” I smiled at him.

He wrote down his information on the other half of the paper and smiled. “And here is mine. I am pretty much available; I don’t live at home anymore so no annoying siblings.” He chuckled lightly.

“Really? You are lucky. I love my sister don’t get me wrong, but I just feel like I am at the stage in life where I need my own space, not just a bedroom, but at least my own apartment.”

He thought for a second then a smile appeared on his face. “Well if you don’t have any other classes after this one you can follow me to my house, and we can just get started there, that is if you want to.”

I was about to answer when I heard a voice behind me. “Oh she wants too!” I rolled my eyes and glared up at my friend. “Don’t give me that look missy.” She elbowed me in the side from my lack of answering him and I yelped out in pain.

“Okay.” I told him, he just nodded lightly and our teacher told us to all go back to our seats. He waved at my friend and I, then proceeded back to his seat. “Why would you go and say that?” I whispered angrily at her.

“Because I know you think he’s cute.”

“And if I did think he was cute that doesn’t you the right to interrupt our conversation, and answer for me. I am a big girl I can answer for myself.” I crossed my arms and my lips automatically pouted.

She giggled and snuggled up to me. “Did I ever tell you, you were completely adorable?” I looked at her confused. “He likes you, I can tell, I was watching you two the whole time and his eyes never left yours. He didn’t even bother checking you out, he likes you!”

“Whatever…” I turned to the teacher and learned about the project that I would be working on with Minhyuk, and found it rather easy and simple for the first project. We had to pick a country and do a report on it. Our first task was to pick a country, I looked back at Minhyuk who had wrote a country down on a piece of paper and held it up. I raised my hand and the teacher called on me. “If we have a country that we would like to do, can we say it now and get started?” she looked at me shocked and smiled.

“Why yes of course, did you and your partner decide already?” she looked back at Minhyuk he still had the paper up making her laugh. “Okay Minhyuk-ssi,” she smiled. “You guys can do your report on Japan.” I smiled happily and smiled back at him. “Everyone else if you have an idea you can come up now, as of the rest of you, please think hard and good luck.”

I said goodbye to my friend and walked up to Minhyuk, who had just gotten done putting his belongings in his backpack. “Ready?” he asked me and I nodded. “You know you don’t have to come to my place, we could always go to the library, if it makes you more comfortable.” I tilted my head confused. “You didn’t seem to be thrilled with the whole house idea.”

“O-oh no it was just my friend answering for me caught me off guard. It’s fine, plus it will be quieter.” We walked out of the classroom and to the sidewalk.

“You do know that a library is quiet too right?” he chuckled from my statement moments ago.

“We-well upstairs yes, but there you have to be quiet and we need some talking, and downstairs it is too noisy.”

“That is true,” he nodded in agreement. “So where are you parked?” he asked me.

“At the east parking lot.”

“Ah, well I am at the west parking lot.” He thought for a second. “Do you know the donut shop 10 minutes from here?” I nodded my head. “Meet me there; we can get some donuts to munch on.”

I smiled and nodded. We separated to our designated cars and I drove to the donut shop that he was talking about. I walked inside and didn’t see him there at all. I bit my bottom lip in hopes that he didn’t just decide to leave and go home. I was looking over what to get when I felt someone tapping my shoulder. I turned around and saw Minhyuk standing behind me, for some reason I gave him a big smile and my heart felt relieved.

“Sorry for being late, my friend saw me and had to talk.” He rolled his eyes. “So what do you want? It’s my treat.”

“Minhyuk-ssi, no I can pay for my own…”

“I was the one who suggested on coming

Please log in to read the full chapter