You're Mine

Blissful Stories (Requests Closed)
Please log in to read the full chapter

You're Mine 
feat. Zico of Block B

 

He was late again. You thought as you stared outside your rain covered window. It was a cold fall afternoon and the emptiness of the house was making the gloomy weather worse. He promised you that he would be home by 3PM, but it was now 5PM. He promised that today you would spend the evening together, but he lied once again.

You got up from the window seat wrapping your blanket around your shoulders tightly. You walked to your bedroom as the blanket fell from your shoulders. You took your hair out of the nicely done bun, your long wavy locks falling down gently on your back. You went to your vanity; grabbing a face wipe and removed your makeup. This was your fourth time in two weeks that he stood you up. This act of yours was starting to become a routine. You tossed the face wipe aside into the small trash bin near your vanity and headed towards your dresser. You pulled out your favorite pair of flannel pants, and a simple black hoodie. You engulfed your body with its softness, discarding your tight black dress on the back of your vanity chair. 

You went back into the living room, the local news and couldn't believe what you saw. Your boyfriends face was flashing across the screen. You quickly got up rushing in front of the TV. 

"We have just been informed of the identity of one of the victims in the shooting. 23 year old Woo Jiho was among the few men who were shot this afternoon at the city park. More information on the shooting will come in as we get the information. We send our prayers to the families."

In a matter of seconds your phone went off. You ran to it, your hand shaking terribly. "H-Hello?" You asked hoping not to hear a certain voice.

"(Y/N)," Zico's mother’s voice came from the other end. "(Y/N), did you just hear what happened?" Her voice trembled on the other line.

"Yes I did. Do you know any information at all?"

"No," she sniffed. "I was just told to go down to the hospital. Would it be too much trouble to ask for a ride?"

"Of course not. I'll be there in 15 minutes."

You quickly hung up with her, grabbed your phone, keys, purse and coat. You didn't bother to grab your umbrella as your hair became drenched in the downpour. You ran to your car starting it up, barely giving it time to warm up. You were in a rush; you needed to get to the hospital. You needed to make sure that he was safe, that he was okay. Your heart started beating rapidly as horrible thoughts consumed your mind. You drove the short distance to his mother’s home, seeing her already waiting outside for you. You got out of the car, grabbing the umbrella from her, making sure to cover her as you helped her down the wet steps. She safely entered the car, and when you did she started crying.

"My poor baby," her hands shook as she put on her seatbelt. "What was he doing near someone with a gun?" She glanced at you, "Do you know anything?"

You bit your lip. There was a side of Zico that she didn't know. It was a side that was involved in all of the wrong things. You couldn't let her know the real Zico. To her, he was the most precious thing in the world, a true gift from heaven. You pulled out of her driveway focusing on the road. "No I don't know what he was doing with someone who has a gun, but I'm going to find out." You gripped the steering wheel tightly.

The truth is that you didn't know why he was near someone with a gun, but you knew he hung out with a bad crowd. He told you numerous times that he stopped hanging around them, but every time his mouth opened more lies spewed out. This time you had it, this time you weren't going to let him off the hook. He had a lot of explaining to do, and you weren't going to take any of his normal bull. 

 

 

You watched his mother coddle him in her arms a smiling forming on your face. His relationship with his mother was beautiful, something you wished you had. His mother wiped her tears away and glanced back towards you. She whispered something to him, and that's when his eyes met yours. The sweet mother-son feeling you had vanished as anger boiled inside of you. His mother kissed him on the head then came out to you.

"He's going to be fine." She held your hands in hers. "It was only a flesh wound, but he was beaten up pretty bad." She sighed, "He said someone jumped him and his friends when they were walking across the park. He tried to fight back, but lost and the person took out a gun." Her eyes became watery again, and you wrapped your arms around her, "He had to try to be a hero." She choked on her tears.

You tried to smile as you held her in your arms, "You know Jiho." You used his real name, which was rare of you. "I'll try to talk some sense into him."

She looked up at you with a sweet smile, "Thank you dearie." She touched your cheek gently, "Jiho is a lucky boy to have you." Your heart warmed from her kind words. "I'll be out in the waiting room for you. They want him to stay here for the night." You nodded and watched her leave.

When she was completely out of sight you turned to the window and saw him looking at you with nothing but guilty eyes. You sighed trying to calm yourself down. You walked into the room, and before you stepped forward he spoke. "It's not what you think."

You walked up to him sitting down on the chair his mother had just occupied. "It's not what I think?" You snickered, "Is that why I can smell weed on you?" You crossed your arms and legs. "Tell me what it is," you glared at him. "Jiho."

He turned his head away groaning. "I hate it when you say my name like that."

"Then stop acting like a ing child and you won't hear your name being said like that."

"It wasn't my fault I swear." He raised his hands up but winced. I looked at his arm that was wrapped up, blood seeping through the bandages. "Kyung and I were just..."

"Kyung!" You shouted making him jump. "Kyung, Kyung, Kyung...it's always Kyung!"

"Look he and I were just hanging out in the park. I had a little weed but that was it. It was just something to take the edge off. I swear!"

"Why did you need to take the edge off? You were supposed to be coming straight home after taking your mom to her book club! You promised me that you would come straight home." Tears spewed from your eyes. "You always promise, but everything just goes out the window when it comes to Kyung."

"I wasn't supposed to be that long..."

"And yet you were. You were too busy 'taking the edge off' that you ended up getting shot! What about Kyung? Is he fine? Who were the other men? You know I had to find out about your condition from the ing news! You didn't even have the decency to call me!"

"I GOT SHOT WHAT THE WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?" He shouted. "Look I'm sorry that I ed up again, but it wasn't my fault. I was taking the edge off because I was talking to Kyung about you. About our relationship, how I've been trying to change for you. It just got to me and I took a couple of drags, but that was it. I just needed to relax."

"So being with me is causing you stress?" You stood up. "Because of me your life has turned to this." You pointed out his condition. "I see," you walked up to him. "I'll make sure that you won't feel any more pain because of me." You touched his cheek and before you had a change of heart you turned your back walking out of the room hearing him calling out to you. This was the last straw, you were tired of worrying, tired of feeling scared to death that something was going to

Please log in to read the full chapter