(M) I Will Come To You

Blissful Stories (Requests Closed)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's Note:
Hi everyone! I know that I'm going off the request list right now, but I seriously needed to get this story idea down. It has been the only thing I think about lately, and I was going to turn it into an actual story, but I'm still not sure if I will. Let me know what you guys think and maybe I can turn this short story into an actual one keke Leo feels activated ^^

This story is rated M for some violence. Viewer discretion is advised LOL Always wanted to say that keke 

 

 

 

I Will Come To You
feat. Leo of Vixx

 

 

It has been three years since I started working at the hospital. My parents were the founders who worked day and night to bring in the best specialists to help those who would be under their roof. The hospital started off as a really small building, one that could hold only 10 patients at a time. However, that was when I was younger. I can still remember walking through the doors; the air was cool, and clean. People were in white outfits, long-sleeved shirts and pants. Their ankles slightly bruised from the restraints that the doctors had to use, when they got out of control. Most of the families didn't approve of the restraints, until they saw their loved ones in their true form. They would throw chairs, turn the tables over, and attack the doctors and the nurses who were just there to help them. This is when the families knew that there was no other way to keep them calmer than to have them restrained.

Though they were restrained, they were not confined to a chair or bed. They had a long chain that hooked onto each ankle's metal band with a ball hooked up to the floor. They were able to move around their cell freely within a certain perimeter. When the patient started to act up, the doctors and nurses would go outside the perimeter and would be safe. This was something that was not used often. My parents hated the idea of people who were hurting, chained up like animals, but it was the safest when the doctors especially my mother would come into the room, and talk to them.

My mother was a psychiatrist, an amazing one at that. She had a way of finding whatever was wrong with the person and addressing it, head on without causing them pain. It seemed like she was a pain whisperer, that's what my father called it. She could always see what was behind the eyes of the lifeless people she was talking to, and help them to regain what they had before they lost it. I wanted to be just like her when I grew up. I wanted to help people regain their life, to ease their pain, and let them know that people in the world do care, that people want them to be healthy and happy. However, my happiness soon ended after my 18th birthday.

I was heading home looking forward to a nice Thanksgiving meal, when my uncle gave me a call. He had told me that my parents were in an accident at the hospital. That one of their patients went rogue. My mother was killed instantly, while my father; died in the hospital a few hours later. This was the first time anything like that has ever happened in the hospital. No patient has ever gotten worse, or relapsed. I had gone to see this so called patient who was now in another hospital, far away from the one that they killed my parents in, and that's when I noticed their eyes. They were more than lifeless. They were guiltless, when I told them who I was, they smirked at me. They told me that they were waiting for me. I've never felt so sick in my life. The smirk is still plastered in the back of my head. When I asked them why they did it, they just shrugged their shoulders and said they were getting tired of the bull that they were saying. That they knew there was no way that they could be fixed, nor was there any way that they could go back to what they once had.

That night I asked my uncle for the person's file and I saw that they had murdered their whole family. Their wife was shot in the head, body stabbed repeatedly post-mortem, the children were shot as well. They even went as far as to kill the dog, its corpse hanging from the ceiling fan. As I was reading this file I didn't understand why they were here in the hospital in the first place. This person killed their family; we don't normally deal with cases where people in the hospital were the ones who did the damage to themselves. We have cases like me, in a sense. A man killed my parents, and the trauma of losing them might send me spiraling downwards. In cases like this we bring them in, try to figure out what happened, by slowly bringing up the topic of their trauma. However, this guy, there was no trauma, well not that I could see. All I could see was a sick individual who killed their own family, their own pet and killed someone else's parents.

I went back to the man and asked him what happened to him when he was young, and he just laughed in my face saying I was just like my parents. He told me some people you can't help, no matter how hard you try and he was one of them. I did get more out of him then my parents did though. I did find out that his parents were killed in front of him; he had served in a war when he was fresh out of high school, and received many awards for combat. After I learned this news I soon found out later he was fired from his job, his wife was a stay at home mother, and that's when the neighbors came in. I knew I shouldn't have looked so much into the case of my parent's death but I couldn't just let it go. This man was still alive and I needed to know why he did it. I needed to know if he just decided to kill my parents for the hell of it, or if they went to far with him.

When I discussed what happened to his neighbors, they told me they were not surprised he went off his rocker. They said that this wife was always yelling at him to get a job and to be a man. 'Be a man,' one phrase no man wants to hear. I could only imagine how hard it must have been for him to hear those words. He was a veteran, a man who defended his country, who received numerous awards for doing just that, and here his own wife was saying he wasn't doing his job. I talked to other neighbors and they said the same thing, she was yelling all the time, but this time I heard about his kids. His oldest a boy of sixteen, was never home. He never told his parents were he was going. When he did come back home he was high as a kite. His youngest a little girl of twelve, was following in her mother's footsteps. She would shout and scream, throw things at him, just a completely different child than what most parents would want.

I started to piece everything together. The incident with his parents, what he went through growing up, being in the military, having a verbally abusive wife, troublesome kids, and now no job. He just cracked. I remember after I gained all of this information I went back to see him. He took one look in my eyes and that's when his changed. Instead of becoming lifeless and guiltless he started crying. The guards that were around me, at first blocked me from him, but I moved away. I needed to see this man face to face to see if he did realize what he had done. I slowly walked up to him, bent down and gently touched his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and just kept crying. The guards moved in closer, but I held up my hand to stop them. I this man's hair and that's when he pulled away. I can still remember what he said:

"I'm so sorry for what I've done. There is no way I can bring back my wife, my son, coco, or my baby girl." he cried more. "There is no way; I could ask you for your forgiveness for what I've done to you. Your parents were amazing people. They tried so hard to help me, but I was and still am a lost cause." he pulled me in for another hug. "Like I said, some people cannot be saved," he kissed my cheek and then everything was red.

He had a knife hidden in his sleeve. When he pulled away from me, he was still blocked from the guards, and just as I screamed no, he slit his throat. His body fell to the floor, the guards pulled me out of the room as I screamed to be let go. I should have been angry at this man, I should have felt wonderful that he was gone, but I couldn't bring my heart to feel that way. He was a poor lost soul, just like the ones we helped. Except, his soul was far to tarnished, for any of us to fully get through.

After this incident my parent's lawyers came to see my uncle and I. They told me that I was the one who would inherit the hospital. I can honestly say that I didn't think I was qualified to run such a place. My uncle who was one of the head doctors deserved this position more than I did. I had just come out of school and thought I would work at smaller clinics, but here I am, working at a rehabilitation hospital. This wasn't your normal 'rehab' place. This hospital was specific for people who suffered major trauma in their lives. We have peole who have seen their whole families die right before their eyes, veterans who have had to hurt and leave behind people they didn't want to. People who have been hurt themselves by the ones who they loved the most. This was our rehab, and it was my father's warm heart that started it all.

According to my mother, my father came from a huge family. He had six older brothers, two older sisters and triplet boys who were a few years younger than he was. I never knew how many people were in my father's life at all. When I was growing up all I heard were stories about his life in the orphanage, how he was tossed aside practically for his age. He was to the point where most families didn't want to adopt the children. He had just turned fourteen not long before he was put into the orphanage. How he got there, he never spoke of. He never mentioned his mother, father, or any other family members at all. When he did talk about the past, his eyes would become lifeless, his speech monotone and his throat would get dry. I tried not to ask so many questions, but I was always curious.

My mother knowing what happened to him told me one night when I was old enough to understand. She told me that my grandfather was involved with shifty characters. That he had borrowed money from people and needed to pay them back. When he didn't he started to get threatening phone calls, packages that looked like blood was leaking from the corners on their doorstep. Graffiti was all over the house with vulgar and untrue statements about them. My mother and father apparently never knew what my grandfather got into, but he was in deep enough that one day he died for it.

After my grandfather died apparently his debt became my grandmother's. My mom told me from the time that my father was twelve until his fourteenth birthday she worked day and night. Then, one night when my father was running late from a soccer match he came home to his house on fire. He ran up to the house only to be pulled away by a neighbor. He asked where his family was and no one had seen them. He kept trying to run inside to get them, but he was just held back. When the fire department got there it was too late. They brought out twelve bodies that were badly burned. He watched as they laid them down on the ground blankets covering them so people would not see at all. 

My father was taken to the police station to tell them what he knew which wasn't much at all. They asked if he had any relatives that could watch him and he said no. His father was estranged from his family and his mother didn't have any family members who she knew at all. She had come to this country with just her mother who had passed away around five years prior to everything going bad. My father was then placed into an orphanage until someone was able to take care of him, or until he was old enough to take care of himself.

While in foster care he became a loner. He wouldn't talk to anyone, and the friends that he did have soon left his side from their parent's warnings. He never blamed them at all. Their parents were just worried after finding out his families' death was purposely done. After watching all of his friends leave him he focused more on his school work. He was determined to get out of the orphanage and go to college, and he did just that. He was awarded a full ride to a school not far from the orphanage. There he studied medicine and psychiatry. He met my mother in his psychiatry class his second year in college. They fell in love instantly and were together right until the end. When my father graduated he was already working part time at a local clinic and my mother was offered a job at her father's practice, but both of them had a dream about working together and on a new project that brought their skills together. That is how the hospital was founded. My father watched his best friend from school go into a state of depression after being in an accident where his girlfriend passed away. My father worked with him day in and out to help him get back to normal, and when he did he knew that he wanted to do this for a lifetime. 

It has been hard to fill in the spots where my parents used to be and for the first year and a half my life consisted of paperwork and overlooking the money. I thought I was never going to figure things out until the start of my second year. The whole summer I was developing a file system that would make everyone's lives easier. When I introduced the new system people were overjoyed. I thought since I was new and still very young no one would want to listen to me, but I guess we were in need to get things better organized. Then, I was able to get caught out in our financing and developed a system with organizing that as well. Though we had grown so much over the years and we can now hold over 50 patients at the same time, we are still finding our way through everything without a guide to help. My uncle has been a major help with everything, and he helps me with keeping the financing on point, but it's still to much for the two of us sometimes. 

When everything seemed to be pretty much okay I found myself sitting in the office all day long doing nothing. I would walk the halls and smile and say hello to the patients and staff, but that was pretty much it. I didn't spend all that time in school to just sit around. I wanted to work with the patients. I wanted to help the other staff, but I wasn't doing that at all. Then, on March 3rd everything changed. I was at the front desk checking the visitors log while talking to our secretary when a group of young men came in. They asked to make an appointment with, whoever was in charge and that's when I turned to them. They couldn't have been older than I was. I cleared my throat and bowed to them telling them that I was the person in charge. The looks on their faces were priceless. I invited them back to my office and that's when I heard about their sad story.

They had a friend who lost the love of their life, a childhood sweetheart. One day they came home to find their girlfriend was attacked and went into a deep depression. She wouldn't eat, talk or sleep. Apparently, her and their friend had vowed to sustain from any ual relations until they were married. They wanted to be each other's first. I felt my heart start to melt just from hearing how sweet they were. I asked what happened to the girl and heard the worst thing possible. When their friend went to work and came home, he found her hanging from a rope in their bedroom. He left her alone for one day and she took her life. I sighed looking down knowing that this was going to be a difficult case. 

I told them to bring their friend in tomorrow and I would conduct a proper interview with all of them there. They thanked me for my time and left my office. The next day I made sure to come into work early just in case they came in as soon as they could. I saw two of them sitting in the waiting room outside of the secretary's office and smiled. I walked up to them and they immediately stood up. "Hello Miss. Kim." a boy who I thought looked around 19 bowed their head. "Our friend will be here shortly. Our other friends are having some difficulty getting him going this morning." he chuckled nervously.

"It's perfectly fine, if you want you can join me in my office, I will just have our secretary bring the others in when they get here."

"Thank you so much." the other boy who had the cutest dimples in the world said smiling.

I led them back to my office and had them sit down. I got them some coffee and donuts that were in our lounge area. When I got back I saw that there were four more boys in my office. I giggled and asked the secretary to bring us more cups of coffee and donuts. "Thank you guys for coming back." I spoke as I sat down at my desk. "Please take some donuts and more coffee will be brought soon." I gestured and the boys were more than happy to take some of the donuts I brought in. "I would first like to introduce myself to all of you guys now," I giggled lightly. "My name is Kim _____. I am the daughter of our hospital's two founders Kwon Suzy and Kim Sungmin." I bowed my heads. "My parents built this hospital in order to help people who suffered traumatic events in their lives. My father suffering himself in the past," I smiled while looking at his picture. "Wanted to make sure that people did not suffer alone, and that they were given the proper care and attention that they deserved." the boys nodded. "In our facility we have three different levels. Each patient when they are brought in starts out of course on level one. This level is where we make our basic assessments. When we have gathered as much information as we can to help the patient they will be moved up to level two. In level two we will start counseling as well as our medical staff taking a look at them. Some of our patients in the past had been starving themselves, or harming themselves. Our medical staff is there to make sure that they are properly nourished and that they do not harm themselves, and if they do, they are there to keep them here." they nodded and I saw one of them look over at their friend Taekwoon. His eyes were sad and I assumed it was his best friend. "Level three; well level three is where our patients start the real recovery process. We slowly bring them back to the real world. We have local housing that our doctors and nurses make frequent visits through the day. Nurses that live with our patients to make sure that nothing happens. There is still counseling as well as medical overviews, but they become less as time goes on. However, though we have three levels some people are still stuck on level two and they've been here for our five years." they gasped and I nodded. "We do not move the patient forward unless we believe that they are ready. Our main goal is to make them better completely, we do not want them to relapse at all." just then our secretary brought in more coffee and those who did not have any took them. "Do you guys have any questions?"

"Will we be able to see him?" the one with the dimples asked.

"Of course, we have normal visiting hours, but on certain days if the patient seems up for it, you guys can spend the whole day with them, go outside and just enjoy yourselves."

"What happens if he gets to level three and seems capable to leave? Will you guys keep a check up on him?" another with chiseled features asked.

"Yes, during their first few months of living on their own away from the facility, we have nurses who make home visits. They are not scheduled; we want to make sure that the patients are unaware of when they will be checked on. We find that it's the best way, some of our patients relapsed, but they found other means to cope with their depression."

"Other means?" the youngest questioned.

"Instead of lying around all day, they switched to alcohol, drugs, and some who were not doing bodily harm, started."

"So not everyone can make it?" the one who I assumed was Taekwoon's best friend asked me.

I sighed and nodded. "Some people are just too far gone to be helped," he looked down nodding. "But we are determined to try to save everyone. Even if it means bringing them back in and starting from square one to figure out a new approach." he looked up smiling. "Any other questions?"

"I know this might sound weird, but I've seen a few movies were some places like this drug their patients. Do you guys do anything like that?" the youngest asked.

"We do not drug our patients, unless they are out of control. They only thing that we do is sedate them. We didn't do that before," I looked down remembering my parents. "But we do now. However, to be honest from the get go, we keep some of our more severely violent patients in their rooms, where they're legs are chained." I sighed. "It's not something we do often. My parents hated doing it to be honest, and I always get asked, 'Well then why did they?'" I looked down trying to get my thoughts together. "They always worried about their staffs well being. Working in a place like this, isn't the easiest job in the world. Every day your life is at risk. A patient can go off and kill you. We have lost some of our staff from patients becoming so violent. The chains are there to keep the patients in a certain proximity. They are able to move around their rooms, but if they do become violent, or aggressive, it's a safety net for our staff."

"You guys really don't just put the chains on right away?" the one with dimples asked me and I shook my head no. 

"I for one, since I've worked here and it's been two years, have only seen two of our patients ever chained. These patients were then removed of their chains after a certain time period and have yet to regain them." I smiled. "We try our hardest to not use the chains or the drugs. We believe that they only make matters worse. They break the trust that the doctors and the nurses have with the patient." I looked at all of them and then at Taekwoon. "Do you guys have any more questions?" they shook their heads no and I nodded. "Okay, now I will give you guys a few minutes, to discuss whether or not you want to enroll your friend here, and if you do we will continue on." they nodded and I left them in my office for a few minutes while I walked out and into the lounge.

"New patient?" I heard my uncles voice. I turned around and crossed my fingers. "How bad?"

"Fiance was and then hung herself."  he sighed.

"Cause?"

"They made a pact to not have ual relations until their marriage, they were childhood sweethearts."

"Even worse than I thought. Did the patient witness the hanging?"

"No, went to work for just one day, came back and saw."

"Joon might be good for this one." he suggested one of our head doctors. "He's worked with similar cases and they've been doing well." he took a sip of his coffee.

"I was actually thinking of taking it on myself." 

"You?" he asked me and I nodded. "Are you sure? The last time you got involved," he looked down. "I don't want you to experience anymore pain."

"Don't worry I'm stronger than I look." I giggled. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. "Plus, if I do need help, I could always ask you or Dr. Joon." I rolled my eyes as I said his name.

"You know he's good at his job." he laughed and I nodded. "However, he is annoying sometimes." we laughed and then said our goodbyes.

When I got back I saw that the boys were still there, which was a good sign. They said that they want to help their friend and that they want us to be the ones who help as well. I was more than pleased to hear that we would be able to help Taekwoon. I asked them a serious of questions about their lives personally, as well as Taekwoon's. We needed to figure out exactly who was in his life, and that was starting with his friends. One by one I interviewed them and learned all of their names. Taekwoon's best friend was a young man named Hakyeon. He was the same age as Taekwoon and they grew up together. He knew his fiance as well, and I could tell he was still in pain from what happened. The next person was Jaehwan, he was Hakyeon's neighborhood friend when they were in junior high school, and soon became a close friend to Taekwoon. Wonsik came next; he was friends with Jaehwan as well as Hakyeon and eventually to Taekwoon. The two youngest Hongbin and Sanghyuk were the same; they were all friends with the others and then eventually met Taekwoon. 

When I tried to interview Taekwoon I didn't get anything from him. I later found out from Hakyeon that Taekwoon really does not talk to people he doesn't know. It takes him a long time to open up. Hakyeon told me that Taekwoon grew up with older siblings who were now livin

Please log in to read the full chapter