(M) Change

Blissful Stories (Requests Closed)
Please log in to read the full chapter

(M) Change
Feat. Taehyung from BTS

 

 “Oppa, can you hand me the popcorn?” You stared at the TV not taking a single glance at your best friend.

“You’re really into this documentary aren’t you?” He chuckled passing you the popcorn. “Why are we watching this again?”

You shoved a handful of popcorn in your mouth. “I’m studying.”

“Studying what?” The couch dipped down beside you.

“I’m looking at the lion’s muscular structure.” You turned to find him sitting next to you. “Do you see the leg muscles when they crouch? It’s beautiful.”

He let out a deep sigh then laid his head in your lap. “Did I ever mention how weird you are?”

“Yes you have.” You flatly answered.

“Great, now that we have that established,” he sat up, grabbed the remote and turned off the TV earning a whine from you. “Let’s try to make you normal.”

“I don’t need changing oppa. I’m fine just the way I am.” You huffed.

“Of course you are,” he stood up. “BUT, the rest of the world sees you as a weirdo.” He held out his hand. “Now come, follow me.” You stared at him blankly. “Come on.” He grabbed your hand pulling you up leading you up to his room.

You groaned. “Why are we going to your room?”

“Just keep your mouth shut for now. You’ll find out.” He kept his head forehead as you proceeded to his room.

Taehyung and you have been friends ever since you were kids. He was only six months older than you, and though you were best friends he insisted that you still call him oppa every chance you could get. He was your best friend, someone who you could depend on and he liked you, though others found you weird. You were loud, opinionated and could come off as rude, but it was just your nature. Your father raised you to be honest and to never let people push you around.

Though this was a great trait, your mouth did get you into trouble at times, but thanks to Taehyung you were never in any serious trouble. As you both grew up and interests kept you two apart no matter how far away you two were you still kept in contact, and when the other was in town you hung out. Tonight, was just that. Taehyung went away to a performing arts school. Acting was his dream. He was quite dramatic and would always act out dramas in front of you imitating the characters on TV. He was good, really good. You, on the other hand –drawing was your thing. Art was your life, and you stayed near home to study at a small campus that focused on drawing in specific.

It was nice staying near home, but not having your favorite model around, especially when you had to practice the anatomy of the face, expressions and crazy poses, caused you numerous hours of stress. However, nowadays you have been interested in drawing more than just people; animals have become a fascination to you. After watching some fantasy movies and seeing the massive beasts you wanted to develop some of your own. You were trying to get some ideas for a companion for one of your characters when your BFF turned off the TV and was now pulling you through his bedroom door.

His room changed. Well it would have changed of course since he got older, but it changed –changed. There were no longer posters of anime characters, movie stars and even models that he liked were stripped down. It was modern, clean, sophisticated. You looked around the foreign territory taking everything in. The brand new king sized bed replaced his full, that had replaced the bunk beds which he shared with his older brother, until he got his own room. There was a flat screen TV hanging from the wall, underneath –nothing.

You knew Taehyung, he loved video games. You expected his game system, a stack of his favorite games and even some movies for him to watch, but there was nothing. Instead a dresser where his clothes were in now took up the space were his gaming chest would have been. Everything was different. This wasn’t his room anymore.

“What the hell did you do?” You walked around, “This isn’t your room. Where are your posters, your game system? What the hell is this?” You pushed down on his bed. “I know this wasn’t here the last time I came to visit. Has it been that long?”

Taehyung laughed plopping down on his bed. “Let’s see the last time you were in my room it was when we were freshman. We are now finishing up our 3rd year in college, so it’s been about five years since you’ve been here.” He chuckled, “Yeah I would say it’s been a long time.”

“I see.” You sat down on the edge of his bed sighing. “I miss your old room.”

“It’s still the same room.” The bed dipped beside you. “It’s just updated.” He nudged you, “See.” He walked over to the dresser opening up the drawers. “Come see,” he waved you over. You walked over to the open drawer to find that all of his games were stacked nicely and were organized. Right beside them was his hand-held game systems and in a large vertical shelf held his original gaming system. “My mom organized things for me when I left.”

You scoffed. “I should have guessed. You aren’t necessarily the cleanest guy in town. However, you do clean up well when necessary.”  You walked back and lied on his bed completely letting your legs dangle.

“Am I forgiven?”

“Forgiven?”

“The look you had on your face is the same look when we went to visit our elementary school after it was remodeled. You hate change.” He lied down next to you, but with his body perpendicular to yours so he was looking down at you.

“I do hate change.”

“What if we changed?” He whispered.

You cocked your head to the right looking up at him. “How would we change? Why would we change?”

You watched his face start to turn pink. He looked down nibbling on his lower lip the same way he did when he had a huge secret to spill.

“YAH!” You poked his shoulder. “Whatever it is spill it.”

He chuckled shaking his head. “You know me well don’t you?”

“Of course I do. We’re best friends. It’s part of the job.”

“Well as part of my end of the job I have something for you. It’s a little ironic though.” He smirked. “Close your eyes and don’t peek. If you peek there will be major consequences in the abdomen tickling department.”

You quickly closed your eyes tightly placing your hands over your eyes as reassurance. You hated surprises, but you loved them. You could never keep yourself from peeking up to see what surprise was being given to you, and in the end ruining the “surprise” all together.

The bed moved slightly and Taehyung’s voice strained like he was reaching for something. It took every ounce of you to not pull your hands away and open your eyes to see what the noise was for. A minute passed when you felt something being placed on your stomach.

He took your hands into his, “Open.” He whispered his breath near your ear.

You opened your eyes to find a stuffed lion perched on your stomach. You sat up holding the plush toy in your hands. He was adorable. You looked back at Taehyung whose face was a bright shade of pink now. You the mane gently feeling the soft strands of “fur” slip through your fingers.

“He’s adorable, Taehyung.” You turned to him a huge mega-watt smile spreading across your face. “Thank you!” You reached over giving him a hug. “Why did you get me this though? It’s not my birthday or anything. Oh no!” You gasped, “Did I miss our Friendiversary (Friend Anniversary)? What is today?” You thought then shook your head, “No I didn’t m

Please log in to read the full chapter