Break Up or Make Up

Blissful Stories (Requests Closed)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's Note:
Hi guys! I know I said before that I would not update till I had a majority of the stories written, but this one actually took up so much of my time that I just barely started the next request. I hope that you enjoy this short story I put a lot of effort into it. I'm still getting used to "angst" type stories keke so please forgive me if this isn't angsty enough : ) I love you guys so much and thanks for subscribing, reading, and requesting! Hope to see you soon in the next request! 

 

Break Up or Make Up
feat. Baekhyun of EXO

 

 

"Shh..." I giggled as I felt his hands slide up my leg.

"Why don't you shh..." He chuckled his hand now under my night gown. "You're the one who's a mess."

"J-Jongin..." I moaned out after his hand grasped my . "W-We need to stop..." 

"I know you really don't want to stop." he kissed me gently.

"We HAVE to stop..." I breathed out heavily.

"Why?" he asked wrapping me in a tight embrace.

"Baekhyun will be home any second. I don't want him to see us like this. It's bad enough with what we're doing." he placed a kiss on my cheek. "I just want to break it off properly."

"You haven't done anything 'wrong' yet." he rolled his eyes. "You don't even kiss back. To be honest I feel like a sometimes." he chuckled.

"I'm sorry Jongin." I touched his cheek gently. "I just haven't gained the courage to tell him."

"Tell him what?" Jongin and I looked up quickly to see Baekhyun with a handful of groceries. "________ what is going on?" he looked at us. "Why are you wearing such an outfit while Jongin is here?" he put the bags down on the counter, then took off his jacket wrapping it around my shoulders. "He shouldn't see you in such attire." I nodded dropping my head.

"Baekhyun it's not like I haven't seen her in her PJ's before." Jongin snapped at him.

"I know that," Baekhyun walked over to the bags and started to separate the groceries. "However, what she is wearing is too revealing." he squinted his eyes towards me. "_________ knows that I don't like other guys looking at her."

"You're self-conscious about your relationship." Jongin chuckled.

"No I'm not. I just don't want men making goo-goo eyes at my girl." 

"Here's a little FYI bro," Jongin walked up to him. "You telling her to cover up won't stop people from looking at her. Believe me, they will still look." he turned towards me with an annoyed look. "I'll talk to you later _________, okay?"

I lowered my head nodding. He walked out of our house, and when I heard the door close I looked back up. Baekhyun was glaring at the door, and then let out a heavy sigh. He turned his head towards me smiling lightly. "Don't worry about what Jongin said. I know you don't like to show off your body." he walked up to me wrapping his arms around my waist. "Why was he here anyway? You know I don't like guys here when I'm not." he reached in to kiss my cheek, but I turned my head away.

"He's my friend too oppa..."

"A friend who we all know has the hots for you." he chuckled. "Having him over here while you're alone is a big no-no." he tapped my nose. I rolled my eyes looking away. "Why are you rolling your eyes?" I didn't answer him. "You know oppa is just protecting you. You don't know what Jongin thinks about. Even before you and I got together he spoke about wanting to do such inappropriate things with you." he my cheek. "You are a lady and should be treated like one."

"He does treat me like a lady. You are the one who doesn't treat me like a lady."

He gasped backing away from me. "What? How can you stand there and say that?"

"Oppa you treat me like I'm a child."

"No I don't."

"Yes you do. You always say 'here let me chop up the vegetables, let me trim the flowers.' I'm a grown woman oppa." I shouted. "I can do those things for myself."

"Did you ever think I'm trying to make sure you're not going to hurt yourself? You are always so clumsy."

"Then, what about picking out all my clothes?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "Explain to me how that is not treating me like a child."

"You've always liked the outfits I've picked out for you, so I just continued to do it."

"Even my PJ's?"

"What is really going on here?" he glared. "What has Jongin put into your mind?"

"Nothing I wasn't already thinking." I mumbled. 

"That's it," he grabbed onto my hand and pulled into the living room. When we got to the couch he pushed on my shoulders causing me to sit. "We are not leaving here until whatever is going on is resolved." I turned away from him. "Do I make myself clear?" he turned my face back to his. "Now tell me what is with the attitude change? When I left for work this morning you seemed fine." I shrugged. "Seriously _________ what is going on?" I tried to speak, but I couldn't. I didn't know how to formulate the words that I wanted to say to him. "Why was Jongin here?"

"He came over to talk."

"You invited him over to talk?"

"No. He wanted to come over."

"And you disobeyed my rules?"

"Your rules?" I peered at him.

"Yes my rules. The rules that state while you're home alone there are to be no male visitors."

"They are your friend's oppa. And they are mine as well. Jongin came over, because he wanted to talk to me. He wanted to tell me he doesn't like the way you've been treating me. He said I should leave you. Is that what you wanted to hear oppa?" I shouted my tears coming out quickly.

"Why is he saying this stuff about me?"

"Because it's true."

"What? You want to leave me?"

"I don't know." I wiped my eyes. "You haven't given me a reason to stay lately."

"What are the reasons why you would leave me?"

"Ever since we got together you have become even more controlling than before. When we first started dating everything was fine. Then, I don't know something went wrong. I tried to overlook everything, but I can't. You boss me around all the time. You tell me when I can and can't have friends over. You tell me to cover up in front of your friends when I'm wearing a T-Shirt and Bermuda shorts. You say how you love my hair and make-up. I have done everything that you have wished, but I'm slowly losing my mind." I cried out.

"I'm on doing that stuff to protect you."

"Dressing me, saying how you like my hair and make-up isn't taking care of me. That is controlling me."

"I'm not controlling you." he snapped. "You always asked me about your hair. I told you how I felt."

"Then, you started saying 'I like your hair down. I love how your beautiful neck is concealed. No man can look at it but me.'"

"So, me wanting my girl covered up is a crime?" he clucked his tongue. "Well might as well send me to jail." he leaned back onto the couch crossing his arms in the process.

"I just wish you wouldn't control every aspect of my life oppa."

"What I'm getting right now is that you're calling me a control freak."

"I just don't understand when things changed." I glanced at him. "Why did you change? Why did things have to change?"

"How am I supposed to answer that question when I don't understand your point of view? Right now the only change I see is in you. You are the one who suddenly doesn't like the way things are around here. If you were so unhappy why didn't you just say you were unhappy?"

"I tried to, but all you said was 'oppa knows what's best' and walk away." 

"I'm just trying to protect you." he moved closer to me. "Why can't you see that?" he placed his hand on my cheek. "Everything I do is for you. I agreed to continue going to work while you were writing your book. I protect you against my erted friends. I make sure that no other man can look at your beauty but me." he sighed. "I just don't want to lose you." he kissed me on my forehead. "You're the one I've been waiting for my whole life. I apologize for wanting to be selfish, but its part of my nature." he chuckled. "From the beginning I have been competing for you." he placed another kiss on my forehead. "Jongin and I had our eyes on you around the same time. When I saw you walk into our classroom my heart skipped a beat. I had never seen anyone so beautiful in my life. Every time I tried to talk to you, Jongin somehow beat me to you. I am still shocked that he never asked you out." he smiled. "I am so glad that he didn't though. I would be completely lost without you."

I stared into his eyes as he confessed to me. I had never heard him speak like this since he asked me out. I leaned into him wrapping my arms around his shoulders. I felt his body stiffen. Baekhyun barely lets me touch him. He always told me he isn't used to skinship with girls. I leaned my body closer to his wanting to feel his lips on mine. This was another reason I wanted to leave Baekhyun. He has yet to kiss me properly. It's always the cheek, nose, my hand or forehead. I have been as understanding with his personal issues as I can, but we've been together for almost three years, and the lack of true loving affection is taking its toll on me.

Hearing Baekhyun's confession reminds me of when we first met. I had my eye on him for weeks, but he never approached me. Each and every day I tried to dress even better than the last day. I would smile towards him, greet him in the hallways, but for weeks the only person who talked to me was Jongin. What Baekhyun doesn't know is that Jongin was the person who set us up. He had told me he liked me almost instantly, but I told him I couldn't accept his heart. I told him I liked his seat partner, and he said that Baekhyun 'might' like me as well. I knew Jongin knew he did like me, but he wanted to be with me too. Thankfully, Jongin was a great friend. He invited me to his table the one day and I met his friends and finally talked to Baekhyun. Surprisingly we are more alike than I had thought. However, now I feel like we are not compatible.

I stared at him to find him closing his eyes, his shoulders lifted tightly towards his ears. I sighed while sitting back. He slowly opened his eyes to see me sitting next to him my head in my hands. "_________?" he called out to me. "________?" he put his hand on my shoulders.

I shrugged it off turning my body away from him. "Why is it easy for you to touch and kiss me, but you turn away from me?"

"I don't know." I glanced at him. "I just get nervous when you try to do that stuff with me."

"Don't you want to kiss me properly? Don't you want us to make love? Get married?" he started at me his eyes lifeless. I nodded my head standing up. "I guess I got my answer." I started to walk away, but he grabbed onto my wrist.

"Please just don't leave me. I do care about you, I really do."

"Then why haven't you kissed me? Why don't you touch me?"

"I do kiss and touch you." He mumbled.

"Yes my cheeks, forehead and nose. You hug me, and wrap your arms around me." he lowered his head. "I want you to kiss me on the lips, I want you to touch me and hold me during and after making love. It has been three years since we started dating and we have yet to kiss. If you wanted to wait till we were married to make love, then I understand. I would wait for you. I just need some kind of explanation." I started crying. "I liked you so much, I wanted to be with you so much, but now I don't feel like your girlfriend. I feel like your roommate." he just stood there not saying anything. "Do you like me Baekhyun? Do you love me? I just want to know how you feel about me."

"I care about you so much. I only have eyes for you. I have waited my whole life for you. I don't know why it's hard for me to show how much I care for you. I don't know why I get scared and nervous when you touch me. I don't know why I haven't kissed you, I don't know why I haven't touched you." he walked up to me. "I don't know why I haven't made love to you. I never had the thought of waiting until marriage. I never once thought about getting married. It's horrible to say especially in front of you, but it's true. I care about you; I always want to be near you. I love coming home every day and seeing you cooking in the kitchen." he moved closer to me putting his hands on my waist. "I love how excited you get when you reached the end of a chapter you wrote. I love the way you feel in my arms right now." he moved closer to me. "I love how after three years just looking at you makes my heart skip a beat. I love how patient you have been." he pulled me closer to him our chests touching. He inhaled deeply leaving out a shaky breath. "Even right now I am trembling. I can't believe that you're mine, and you said yes to me. I guess deep down inside I'm afraid. I'm afraid that if we kiss it won't be magical. If I make love to you, it will be less than satisfactory. You are seriously the most beautiful person I have ever met. I don't want to lose you. I don't want us to part. I'll change! I promise I will." he brought his hands up to my cheek. "I will become the boyfriend you've deserved this whole time." he my cheeks with the pads of his thumbs.

"Please don't make promises you can't keep." I touched the back of his hands. "I love you," I looked into his eyes saying these three words. I saw his eyes widen. "I have wanted you so many times." I slid my hands down his forearms slowly watching him gulp. "I've tried to keep these urges concealed." he his lips gently. "However, I haven't been the girlfriend you deserve." I dropped my head.

"What are you talking about?" he whispered.

I kept my head held low. "I have a confession to make." I took in a deep breath. "For the past couple of months Jongin has been coming over when you went to work. At first we just talked. Apparently, all the guys have been wondering when they'll hear wedding bells." I smiled looking at him. "I told him he would have to talk to you. I guess I showed some sadness when I said that, because he instantly asked what's wrong. At first I told him nothing, but the more we talked the more I open I became. Eventually, I told him our relationship woes, and I know I shouldn't have. It's just you two have been my best friends since I moved here. When I told him what was going on he said I should have chosen him. He said I wouldn't have to deal with the complicated feelings that I have right now. At first I just laughed it off, but the more we talked, the more we spent time together, the more I yearned for him. Jongin has kissed me. He's touched me," I saw Baekhyun's jaw clench. I quickly raised my hands up in defense. "I allowed him." his eyes widened again. "During this time I tried dropping you hints. I asked you how you liked my hair at night, what perfume was your favorite, and what nightgown I should wear. I made sure to leave out, and hold up the ier ones. The ones that are just like this." he glanced down for a second, and I saw him his lips. "I've tried and tried to show you how much I wanted you, but you would never bite. You would tell me, 'I like your hair in a bun at night. When your hair is out it bothers me sometimes.' Then, you would say, 'It's night time, all your perfume are sweet smelling. Bugs will be all over us.' Finally, you would always pick out the animal PJ's saying, 'Awe, but you look so cute with the animal PJ's. I love the rabbit ones the most.'" he dropped his head. "I tried oppa." I started crying again. "I tried..." he wiped away some of my tears. "Today before you came home Jongin kissed me, he touched my s and I told him we needed to stop. No matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't gain the courage to have with him. I love you, and I want to make love with only you. I'm sorry oppa. I didn't mean to let him get that far." he didn't say a word at all. He just stood there staring at me. I couldn't tell if he was happy or sad. I was going to call out his name when he sighed.

"Please get out." he walked past me.

"Wh-what?" I grabbed onto his arm.

"Please get out of this house." he spoke his eyes dull and lifeless. "I can't be near you right now."

"I'm sorry oppa." I cried out. "I didn't mean for it to happen. I just was weak..."

"And you let some other guy kiss and touch you." he growled walking forward. I started to walk back afraid of what he would do. I had never seen him act like this at all. "I can't believe you would be so stupid to let some guy put his lips anywhere on you." he kept walking forward. I was eventually pushed back up against our living room wall. He slammed his hands on the sides of my head. "What did I do that was so horrible for you to do this to me?"

"Oppa I'm sorry. I never kissed Jongin. You can ask him yourself. He has only recently touched and kissed me. I know it was wrong, but I wasn't getting anything from you."

"And that gives you the right to do this to me?"

"No it doesn't, but..."

"But nothing!" he shouted. "You know what," he walked away from me heading towards our room. "If you won't leave, then I'll leave."

"Oppa please!"

"I need to clear my mind!" he ran back to the room slamming the door shut.

"Oppa where are you going to go? Oppa?" he didn't speak a word. I leaned my head towards the door placing my ear against it. I was going to call out again, but I fell through the door opening flat onto our bedroom floor as he opened it. I looked up to see him step right over me with a bag packed. "O-Oppa!" I shouted as he jogged out of the hallway. "Oppa please don't go!" 

"Like I said before I need to clear my mind."

I quickly got up and ran after him wrapping my arms around his waist from behind. Again his body stiffened. He grabbed a hold of my hands trying to pry them off of him, but I held onto him tighter. He sighed and dropped his bag grabbing both of my hands. He pulled them off of him and turned around. I quickly moved into him wrapping my arms around his waist again. I could feel his heart start to beat faster. I looked up to see his eyes pained and confused.

"Don't leave me here alone oppa." he looked into my eyes. "Please don't leave me alone." he brought his hand up my cheek. I turned my face kissing the palm of his hand. He let out a hitched breath. I looked up at him; his face was turning red, his eyes starting to dilate. He dropped his palm down to the bottom of my chin tilting my face upwards. I could see his eyes staring daggers at my lips. He slowly brought his head down to my level, his warm breath cascading over my face. My eyes started to close as I waited for his lips to finally reach mine. His hand started shaking under my chin and I knew he was starting to get scared possibly about to change his mind. I opened my eyes slightly to see he was just staring at my lips. I used this opportunity to swiftly press my lips against his. I opened my eyes completely to see his wide open in shock. His hands went from my face down to my shoulders squeezing them tightly. I could tell he was freaking out, but I had waited too long for this kiss. 

I moved closer to him my body pressed up against his. He started to loosen his grip on my shoulders and soon his eyes started to close. When I saw his eyes close fully I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. Baekhyun was the only person that I wanted to be with at this moment. Every part of my body was screaming out for him. I was starting to deepen the kiss showing him how much I had wanted him when he gently pulled his head back.

"Please stop..." he whispered. "I need to go."

"I don't want you to go. Please don't go." 

"I have too..." he turned away from me grabbing his bag and headed out the door.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Ding...Dong...Ding...Dong...

The door opened and Baekhyun's friend was behind it. "Baekhyun? What are you doing here? Wait are you crying?"

"Can I crash here for a few days?" he sniffed.

"Yeah sure, come in." Chanyeol moved out of the way. "What happened?"

"___________ cheated on me."

"What?" he shouted. "What are you talking about? ___________ loves you. She would never do something like that."

"Well she did." he plopped down onto Chanyeol's couch.

"Who did she cheat on you with? How did she cheat on you? She is seriously a sweet girl."

"Apparently she has been inviting Jongin over while I was slaving away at work, and they've gotten close. This afternoon she confessed that he kissed and touched her s. Right after she told me he spoke to her about her leaving me."

"Wait Jongin kissed and touched your girlfriend?" he nodded. "Man I knew he was pissed with how you were treating her, but this is a bit much."

"What?" he looked at Chanyeol.

"I wasn't supposed to say anything, but the guys and I all feel like your relationship with ___________ would end soon. A couple of weeks ago Jongin and the rest of us hung at his place, while you and __________ went away for the weekend. At the time he told us all about what she had told him. Is it true that you two have yet to kiss? Is it true that you haven't had with your hot girlfriend? If it is true I'm not surprised things went that far. I don't condone cheating, but he has said she doesn't kiss him back; she doesn't touch him at all. Now I don't know what's going on with you personally, but seriously you need to get your act together or you'll lose her."

"Seriously?" Baekhyun glared at him. "Why does everyone know about our private life? Does it seriously matter what we have and have not done as a couple?"

"No, but" Chanyeol sighed. "What is going on betwe

Please log in to read the full chapter