Worst Leader

One at a time

 

The grip on him was now driving him crazy. The cabin had begun to move already albeit very slowly. He tried jerking a little his own arm out of the other man, I mean that’s MY arm you’re choking there, sir.

 

 

His thoughts appeared to reach him because he suddenly let go as if his arm burnt him and Kyuhyun was grateful because skinship wasn’t exactly his favorite thing ever. Kyuhyun began to reckon he maybe had mental connection with others. Maybe. And the man seemed to want to break the silence, which was definitely unbearable, taking in the fact that they were the only ones in the metro and a woman sitting 4 spaces away, reading a magazine, and headphones on. The metro was now really fast, not being able Kyuhyun to recognize the landscapes through the windows, only lines and little stains here and there.

 

 

Don’t think the worst, don’t think the worst. He’s just a not-gracious man, not because of that-

 

 

-“You want to walk around with me today, boy?” the man interrupted his thinking with low voice “I think I have so many places to show you, you seem like somebody that’s never been alone in this big city” he guessed, with a little smirk in the edge of his lips, that he didn’t want Kyuhyun to notice. Kyuhyun swallowed, he did.

 

 

God, this jerk is a ert. “No, I-I.. I have something to do, my… my lover is waiting for me at the first stop. Yeah. So,”  He paused to tent the reaction of the man, but still nothing, so kept on “no, thanks, anyways” then he stepped back trying not to make it so obvious. He heard the man make a ‘tsk’ with his mouth and turned his face the opposite way of the Maknae. Well, maybe he was annoyed by the rejection of the minor. But, what else? ‘yes I’ll definitely go walk around this city with you’  Heck no, Kyuhyun was justifying. I’ll just silently text somebody. And while he reached his pocket, he sighed again in disappointment. Well, I’m in screwed.

 

 

Silence was around them, but the man didn’t go away an inch.

 

 

 

                                                           ****

 

 

 

The van stopped and they got out of it like clowns of a mini car. Endless. The staff were was waiting for them and when they got out, they laughed a little at the scene, like clowns.

 

 

Leeteuk again checked the boys one per one. 10…11…-

 

 

-“Hyung!” Sungmin ran hurriedly to them and stopped an inch apart from the leader who only opened his mouth with a warm smile and his dimples already there. 12. They were all out. Sungmin told Leeteuk something in his ear, and Leeteuk only confused a little, but Sungmin did some aegyo, and he laughed. Then answered a voiceless ‘ok’.

 

 

The director went and Leeteuk told him he sent Sungmin first so he could check the place because he wasn’t sure about it and trusted his donsaeng to do it. It was more for the healh of Ryeowook’s allergies, and Eunhyuk’s fears. The Arrangement wasn’t convincing to him because of that, it seems it was better to change some furniture and so. Leeteuk was so good convincing people because, god, what an awful excuse. But the director only nodded in understanding and patted Leeteuk’s shoulder. Success? Leeteuk could convince Russians of buying Ice.

 

 

When he turned his face Sungmin was looking at him with a confused, worried look

 

 

-“Hyung, where’s Kyuhyun?” and Leeteuk’s eyes just shot open. The Newbie!

 

 

He didn’t say anything, because he knew it was his fault, how could he had forgotten the new member DAMN! He stepped away from the crowd and took his phone in his hand, while Heechul angrily babbled something about ‘such a careless leader we have’ and ‘I should be it then’ which only made their leader feel guiltier. The manager gave him the number of the newbie, because he was the leader, it was his responsibility. He typed a few times and, Ring……Ring……Ring……Ring……Ring……Ring……

 

 

.

 

 

In the dormitory, the phone was insanely vibrating under Kyuhyun’s clothes on the floor.

 

 

-“Move”, he said and made his way to take Heechul, Kangin, and Shindong by the arm, “follow me, we have to get him” but as an instant response Heechul jerked his arm away from Leeteuk, and gave him an awful glare.

 

 

-“You’ll not drag me into your plans until you tell us, ALL of us, where the brat is, for Christ’s Sake!” He shot without realizing the religious reference he absolutely didn’t make sense with. The older’s eyes fell to the floor, guilt consuming him whole, before his lips parted.

 

 

 

-“Ok,” he began, taking in a sigh, he knew it was definitely his fault, and if not, at least he would fully blame himself for it. “I-I,” he stuttered before the sight of everyone and then Heechul finished what he had in the tip of his tongue.

 

 

 

-“You left him there and you can’t communicate with him, so you think he’s lost. Is that it?” his big eyes piercing into him like he wanted to hurt something inside of him.

 

 

 

The look made Leeteuk feel awful but he still had to take responsibility. Shindong took Heechul by his arm and whispered, strong enough for almost everybody to hear “It’s not only his fault and you know it” and then Heechul jerked his arm for the second time this day. It was everybody’s fault because they all forgot, and it was Heechul’s too. That’s why he was so upset, trying to pierce his vision into Leeteuk, blame him for everything, but actually his eyes where blaming himself.

 

 

 

-“Well, let’s move, don’t make this so dramatic! He has to be in the dormitory, maybe he was taking a shower or had his phone in silence!” the calming response came immediately after they all silenced the atmosphere. It was Siwon. Always the positive one. But it worked because they lightened up a little.

 

 

 

-“Yes, that’s true!” said Sungmin showing a beautiful smile. “The director is coming soon to check up, let’s go get him before that. Apologize and expect him to forgive us. ‘k?”

 

 

 

The blame the majority had on Leeteuk vanished little by little and then Leeteuk, Heechul, Kangin and Shindong moved on to take the car and drive back home to get him, or maybe spot him halfway there.

 

 

 

But Sungmin wasn’t satisfied by the way Leeteuk managed the situation. If he didn’t answer the phone, the most probable thing is that he’s not home and forgot his phone.

 

 

 

-“Teukkie!” a soft shout, maybe most likely not a shout. “I want to go with you!”

 

 

 

-“No Sungmin, I need you to stay here and take care of my kids” Leeteuk answered, more like a mother than a leader.

 

 

 

-“But,” Sungmin wasn’t eased at all. “What if he’s not home?”

 

 

 

-“We’ll find it in the streets before getting home then” Leeteuk was positively talking, but that made Sungmin hesitate.

 

 

 

-“W-well, I’ll be… here” The last part almost inaudibly soft. Of course they all were worried; Yesung was trying and trying to contact him by phone. Ryeowook was almost crying but unable to do anything. They all seemed concerned but Sungmin thought that anybody was as troubled as him. His mind was messing with his heart and images of possible situations gathered to have a disquiet party inside his head. It was making him more troubled.

 

 

 

Then the van was disappearing in the next corner and Sungmin decided he was not going to stay idly until they were back just to tell him what he already knew.

 

 

 

He turned and saw Ryeowook, Siwon (silently praying, albeit calm), Eunhyuk, Yesung, Kibum, Hangeng, staring at him.

 

 

 

-“Hangeng,” Sungmin called him near his ear, but not whispering, “I’ll go see what can I do around the area, I just can’t seem to stand here crossed arms” and then left to go take some money from the coat he left inside that morning.

 

 

 

Hangeng had not time to talk back anything. Sungmin pronto got inside of the set. There was a jacket lying on the floor, disarranged and wrinkled. It was almost outside as it appeared someone was in a hurry to leave. Sungmin took it and adjusted it somehow till it took the exact shape of-

 

 

 

Donghae’s Jacket.