Insistent Hyung

One at a time

 

His lips trembled at his front view, it was something that could’ve passed unnoticed, but he didn’t let it. Donghae’s hands stood awkwardly in the air, not totally blended up, but not stretched down either. His eyes, sad as always, gave off more than only the distinctive feeling of sadness, was it hope?

 

 

-“I-I mean..” he blinked continuously, turning his gaze to various directions before locking it on the chair Kyuhyun was sitting in, “You know, like, go out and watch a movie..” then his eyes met the younger’s startled ones and he added loudly “HyukJae!!, h-he .. can go too, I mean, we can all go…together” his tone lost volume and energy at each word, consuming the serenity that Donghae beared minutes ago.

 

 

Kyuhyun speechless state brought more shivers through the older’s body as he impatiently waited for a response that showed he didn’t think he was a freaking creep. To his satisfaction, Kyuhyun did as he thought, and if not, he just pretended it.

 

 

-“Ahh, well I guess,” then he stayed some seconds in a hesitant position with twisted mouth and humming sound, “Though I cannot these days, I must really contact my parents, since I haven’t in weeks”

 

 

Donghae’s disappointed face lasted three seconds after he replaced it with a chuckle and waved it off, “Next week, then, no prob” Kyuhyun smiled at him in relief and walked out the room, the older’s eyes following his back till it disappeared into the hall.

 

 

What the hell did you just do, Lee Donghae.

 

 

                                                       ****

 

 

-“So it’s going to be tomorrow?!” a cheery leader jumped in excitement as his hand held tightly to the phone, “Ye, ye, I’ll tell them… oh no, we can but- Ah okay then please wait for us, ye..ye kamsahamnida!” the phone was literally crashed against the holder and an overwhelming smile had stretched on his face. He was about to go tell the boys, already imagining their reactions to this.

 

 

-“What is it?” and inadvertent Yesung was standing a few feet from him, which sent a shiver to the leader. Leeteuk was easy to scare, but he stilled in the same position, letting the shiver go away.

 

 

He closed his eyes to reopen the next second, and took a breath before his voice remarked, “Don’t. Ever. Do. That. ‘k?” he found himself in the opposite mood that a minute ago, but when he remembered what he was talking on the phone, his smile came back stronger and brighter as he took a very confused Yesung by the shoulders, his grip getting firm. “Can you tell everybody to com, ‘cause I need to talk to them”

 

 

The younger began motioning to many directions as his tone stayed the same but his eyebrows furrowed, still. “Yeah but you just said a minute ago that-”

 

 

-“Could you?” he made emphasis on his tone and his eyes complemented that very well.

 

 

Yesung’s eyes didn’t even twitch, “Yeah, but like I said you h-”

 

 

-“Could you.” Now it came out as an order and Yesung just nodded, lips in a thin line and thumb directed to the rooms then he made his way out. Leeteuk blew some air to his bangs as his eyes rolled in annoyance, but even that had a light aura and his smile never left his face.

 

 

As Yesung was walking through the corridor, he saw three doors closed and two open. From one of the open doors, he heard chuckles and voices, one of which he recognized as Ryeowook’s voice, unmistakable.

 

 

He stayed at the doorframe for about two minutes until Sungmin saw him and blinked at him, visibly creeped out, and it attracted Ryeowook’s attention too.

 

 

-“uhh…uhm-” the silence was asking him reasons to why he was there but the only thing that left his lips was that incomprehensible sound, cut off by Kangin, who entered the room, leaving a knock on his head. It did sound painful but Yesung did not utter anything similar to a complain, which was weirder.

 

 

-“At the lounge, in two minutes” he finally spoke and left. Ryeowook rolled his eyes and turned back to Sungmin, who giggles at how it seems to annoy the hell out of him every time.

 

 

-“Just be patient, can’t you?” the bunny implied Ryeowook being a with him, but very cutely and smiley.

 

 

-“Who could.” The other was getting off the bed and walking to the bathroom, and when the door clicked, Sungmin smiled to his hands down.

 

 

-“Leeteuk wants to talk to us” he then announced the unaware Kangin that had entered the room after the heads up and left his room before Yesung got there. After that he walked out and Kangin followed suit, not asking even why.

 

 

The other open room was Eunhae’s room, which included inside an extra portion of Shindong, Kibum, Heechul and Hangeng, playing with violence while diva-Heechul stayed out of the mess they were doing with the blankets but laughed along nevertheless.

 

 

-“Leeteuk wants us..” he stopped because not even he could hear himself from the deafening (choked) laughs Heechul had no intentions to hide and Donghae yelling at Eunhyuk who-knows-what.

 

 

-“HEEEEEY!” the turtle owner took some seconds to totally silence the room. Kyuhyun, who was in his room, also heard the yell and shyly peeked out of his room.

 

 

-“I said Leeteuk has something to tell us, go to the lounge” After he finished the last word and not a second spent after that, Heechul an out the room and Donghae finished whatever he was telling Hyukjae about the earlier argument.

 

 

Yesung’s eyes seemed to have caught Kyuhyun peering, and when he turned, the said boy just smiled awkwardly. Yesung smiled back, and the awkwardness disappeared. He’s not that creepy. He smiles just like anybody else.  He was about to stand up from his half-kneeling position when a hand placed itself under his arm and helped him up.

 

 

-“Ah thank..” he stopped midway as he encountered another beautiful smile, “..you”.

 

 

-“Welcome” the taller man answered, still rubbing his wet hair with one hand, fully dressed in a blue polo and jeans; he was apparently coming out from a bath, “what is it?” he asked with disoriented eyes when he saw everybody rushing to the lounge, not wanting to miss whatever it was.

 

 

-“To the lounge” was what Yesung answered before he rushed there too.

 

 

Kyuhyun saw Siwon’s confused eyes, he looked kind of cute like that. He chuckled and added, “Leeteuk has something to tell us”

 

 

-“ah, kamsahamnida Kyuhyun-ah” he smiled and then patted his shoulder, walking to the same direction, but leaving the Maknae behind.

 

 

Leeteuk was there, sitting on the couch, the biggest smile plastered on his lips as he waited for everybody to get in and get comfortable. Some seated in the different-sized couches, some standing, and some half-sitting on the armrests of the same couches already occupied. The leader clapped to get the attention he anyways had, since he was getting them anxious already and if he hadn’t made that sign of a start, some of them (Heechul) would already open their mouths (Kangin) to complain.

 

 

-“Well, I have good news!” he stepped up and walked near the telephone, “Junghoon-hyung called and told us we are going to the studio tomorrow” he didn’t wait to continue but some voices whispered why’s and what is it’s and he couldn’t hold it in anymore, “’cause we’re having our new album!” if that didn’t startle all of them, well it did to most. They had been working on many songs from some time now, but neither their manager nor the company had told them any plans for a new album soon. It was perfect for them to settle all of the songs there and finish the uncompleted ones once and for all.

 

 

Kangin’s laughter could already be heard and smiles here and there; Donghae climbing up Hyukjae and the atmosphere could not have been better.

 

 

-“Damn, we already threw a party” Heechul protested, not really annoyed.

 

 

-“So what! We can have another one when our new album is on the first places of the music charts” from the middle of the sentence the tone was a dragged singing that pulled more laughter and some hopeful faces.

 

 

Leeteuk loved those faces, but when he turned to see his Maknae, he wore something he hadn’t seen since he came to their lives: a big, bright smile. Then and there he knew he should bring more of those sincere smiles from him, and silently apologized for the bad times when he didn’t know him well.

 

 

                                                          ****

 

 

The evening was a normal evening with a great smell from the kitchen (Ryeowook’s delicious creations) laughter from Eunhae’s room, and videogames from Kyuhyun and Kangin’s room, separately. Sungmin wasn’t staying in the room for more than sleeping and it brought concern to the younger, whose fingers moved on its own while his mind rambled about the reason why it happened. He couldn’t blame his hyung. He indeed was a little boring, and Sungmin’s friendship with Ryeowook and Shindong was something he couldn’t possibly fight. He logged out the game to sigh and find his peace, massaging his temples slowly. It was something he definitely didn’t like, that his hyung shunned him, ‘cause that’s what it looked like.

 

 

 

Is it possible that he has rea… no, not at all. 

 

 

He shooked his head down, tousling his dark hair, and decided to keep playing, but another thought crossed his mind.

 

 

Is he going out with someone? Now that I think about it, he’s been out very often lately.

 

 

He frowned at the thought but couldn’t stop going further with that theory. He probably has a girl he’s going out with. Sungmin is a person of many friends, girls, most of them so it’s natural for him to meet with them constantly. He tried justifying the feeling building up inside his chest that made him frown even more, but he couldn’t name it right now, even though he probably knew exactly the name for it and that it started with a J.

 

 

A knock on the door brought him out of his reverie, his headphones being slowly taken off his head at the sight of Donghae, standing by the door.

 

 

-“Hey” he smiled charmingly and Kyuhyun had a little thug in his heart at that, what he mentally questioned, “We are going out for dinner, wanna come?” he snapped happily, hopeful, but Kyuhyun just nodded negatively before explaining himself.

 

 

-“I’m still in pajamas,” he chuckled as he eyes himself to emphasize, “also, I’m in the middle of a game, but thank you” he still smiled at him.

 

 

-“Oh that doesn’t matter, please come” his tender eyes pulled another thug in his heart and now he mentally scolded himself because damn stop it you little-

 

-“We’ll treat you, Okay?” his encouragement made Kyuhyun chuckle and nod.

 

 

-“Give me 5 minutes” he said, unaware of the happiness it brought him that the older insisted in having his  presence at the dinner. Donghae smiled and slowly closed the door. The younger inside stood up stretching from the hours his and column had resented, before getting changed in the speed of light.

 

 

I guess this is okay.

 

 

____________________________________________________

Hey sorry guys for the late update! I've been busy with some things I need to have ready, I know you wanted Kyuhae, or maybe not many of you since lately I've been noticing a lot of support for Kyuchul in this fic! haha but kyuhae has to happen nevertheless.. sorry but not yet. Anyways there will be soon, promise! keep me company?

Thank you for reading and prepare yourselves for the next freaking chapter 'cause it's gonna be daaaamn hahaha 

 

Enjoy and see you really soon yah!

I didn't really expected so much Kyuchul love <3