Friends got your back

One at a time

 

They reached the front part of the Museum where his leader stood calmly observing around, counting the members under his breath. They appeared almost at the same time and Leeteuk couldn’t be more amazed of this. He told them all to grab their pairs and go out with them. They pooled together and grabbed their umbrellas. The day was still gray and cool; many people had their own umbrellas on hand, as the sky announced to worsen the weather conditions. The rain was not heavy now, but some divas wouldn’t allow the drops to touch or disarrange his beautiful hair.

 

 

Even though Donghae was definitely not the company he would like, it was way better than having Sungmin because, after all, the idea brought him an unbearable feeling of anticipation that he didn’t want to feel. Anticipation that came together with guilt.

 

 

This is not okay.

 

 

In the van everything went really silently, only Leeteuk giving chats here and there. Heechul laughing out loud, we can’t forget to mention. The weather had been all cool and blue and it depressed even more the boy whose heart was a tangle of feelings and remorses. He felt that way because apparently, his heart wouldn’t shut up whenever Sungmin refers to him by saying his name. The only thought about Sungmin thinking of him made him flutter like a school girl. Ah, there it goes the school girl thing again. Something he loathed was being reduced to something humiliating, which in this case seemed to be a girl all fluttered because his crush looked at her. He considered him a man, and not that he hated woman, he actually liked them very much, but he wanted everybody to think of him as the real man he tried to reflect. He had had bad luck in that till now, unless the man in the subway was blind.

 

 

His mind rambling about this, the voices around him, the coldness and the discomfort, it all buried themselves inside the mind of the youngest member. Something made a noise inside his t-shirt. He stretched his hand, slipped it under the cloth from the neck hole and something cold touched it. He carefully grabbed it with his long fingers: it was the silver pendant Leeteuk had given him. It was still as shiny as when he first saw it. He caressed it softly, trying to be soothed by it, trying to feel better through the memories. That way he could do as Leeteuk said; he reassured to himself, Hwaiting.

 

 

                                              ****

 

 

The week passed in a blink of an eye. The activities were done perfectly, even though prince manager rescheduled two days of the week so his boys could appear on a Variety Show. He said it was important to keep up with the promotion, and to win people’s heart. Super Junior had two episodes of a variety show and left impact on the city. They were growing and the love too. Their fans began increasing in a very baffling rate. Soon they had enough fans so that Super Junior’s 1st Album sold out completely. This brought the idea of a party, which prince manager disavowed immediately.

 

 

-“Please” Eunhyuk begged, both hands in praying position.

 

 

-“I’ve pretty much told you guys already” he eyed the members his sight couldn’t catch at first, “that we are not allowed to make any parties unless they let us”

 

 

-“Who?” Kangin snorted as he stepped closer.

 

 

-“The ones above” he clarified though it only let them wonder more, who owned them? And what could he make them do? Or not do. Donghae raised an eyebrow as he quickly eyed his friend, who answered him with another intrigued look.

 

 

-“They are happy about you being a hit right now, of course” Prince manager tried to lighten up the atmosphere “but, we can’t make a party,” the pause brought many unhappy faces before he smiled, “yet.”

 

 

He placed his hand in Leeteuk’s back and smiled at them “You all can do more, and demonstrate them you are worth it” he finished patting the leader’s back once more and left. The latter took the absence of noise and transformed it into a motivational speech.

 

 

Yeah, they couldn’t make a party, but they could celebrate in many other ways, which included going out and having fun it doesn’t matter how.

 

 

                                                 ****

 

 

Donghae and Eunhyuk were friends since before they entered the entertainment world. They were friends before they both had been into the same school. They were friends before they were even born, as Donghae had said many times. Now, he was unaware of the reason, it seemed harder to approach Donghae. There’s not a thing a friend can’t ask his best friend. Not a single one. Even though, this time… it seemed impossible to bring the words out.

 

 

-“Donghae” he voiced to a sleepy Donghae, his fingers fidgeting in nervousness, making the computer chair clatter the loose parts.

 

 

-“hm?” he hummed as he read something on his phone and his feet moved at the rhythm of the music.

 

 

The rapper took a couple of minutes to continue with his statement.

 

 

-“If you liked somebody, you would tell me,” he turned to look at his friend, who had already forgotten the call of his name before, “right?”

 

 

He slowly lowered his hand and pulled his earphones away “What do you mean?”

 

 

-“what I said” Eunhyuk stiffened his look. “we are friends, you told me about the newbie and how we were gonna help him and all” Donghae listened while looking at every place and none. “I am the first one to find out everything, right?”

 

 

He finally placed his sad eyes on his friend’s, “Always”

 

 

The rapper stood up and walked to the bed “Then tell me,” he his lips “Do you like someone?” Donghae looked HyukJae in the eyes. They said he knew, he knew it; he couldn’t keep this from his friend HyukJae, even if he himself was afraid of it. Much less if he was afraid of it. “I-I” he stuttered, still not able to find the words.

 

 

He paused and crawled to HyukJae’s side; he took his hand, which the rapper slid out slowly. “I am listening to you” he stated instead. Donghae took a shaky breath and placed his hands on his lap.

 

 

-“I don’t know why I feel this odd..” his hand traveled up his arm, “feeling when I am with him.” his lips made a thin line and said “I think I like him” after his eyes went toughly shut.

 

 

No name was ever mentioned; but no name was needed either. Eunhyuk caught it all, he wasn’t the smartest, but he knew his friend. More than wanting to find out if Donghae liked someone, he wanted to confirm what he was already half sure of.

 

 

He let out a big sigh, now ready to place his hand over Donghae’s. The latter confused look landed on the rapper, who showed him a gummy smile. “See? It’s not hard to trust your friend”

 

 

Donghae laughed and pushed his friend. “Yah” he let out softly, unlike he always did. HyukJae laughed louder than him, “You don’t want me to see your embarrassed face right?” he teased when Donghae turned his back to Eunhyuk. It wasn’t only embarrassment; Hyukkie couldn’t see the little smile that graced his lips.

 

 

                                                            ****

 

 

He definitely had to know something, if not everything, a part at least. He passed the pen from one finger to another, curling his fingers skillfully. The computer chair whirred with his impatient sway as Heebum watched calmly from the bed. The way his hands moves, the way his eyes look around, the way he steps back when he comes closer. There’s a reason to all this, but what is it? His mouth twirled at the edge, giving too much thought into this. All of a sudden, a crash sound was heard behind the wall of his room, attracting his attention all at once.

 

 

-“Yah!” the voice was tough, Kangin? “Be careful, how many times have I said this already?” he tsk’ed but it showed more worry than annoyance.

 

 

-“a-ahh” a not-understandable word, most likely a worried onomatopoeia was the only thing emitted in response. He came out of his room to an irritated Kangin holding the t-shirt of one he was suspecting would be.

 

 

-“Hey, what’s the matter?” he asked since Kyuhyun’s feet were having problems staying on the floor. “Let him down” he motioned in the direction of his feet, still on tiptoes.

 

 

-“He spilled something on my pajamas!” his don’t-you-understand face traveled from Heechul to Kyuhyun in his hands to his pajamas.

 

 

-“I’ll wash them” Kyuhyun promised as he adjusted his glass, which still dripped some liquid. “S-sorry” his head was down and Heechul could notice that Kangin always made Kyuhyun lower his head when he talked to him. Another fact he reckoned writing down in his notepad.

 

 

-“ok, brat” he left saying something about leaving his pajamas on his bed. Kyuhyun laughed falsely while his fingers scratched the back of his head and finally styling the hairs down his neck. “I’ll go clean this” he straightened his position to follow the way to the kitchen. A hand took his arm as if to ask something, the younger stopped before looking at him. They stayed quiet for another 10 seconds until the diva snapped loudly:

 

 

-“Don’t step on the spilled ! What even is this?!” Kyuhyun sigh-smiled at his quizzing tone.

 

 

-“It’s milk, hyung!”

 

 

After he left, the heavy feeling that attacked his chest rumbled in his mind with the words What was that? His heart thumped faster than normal, which he decided to ignore and walked to his room, where Heebum would entertain him with some of his witty occurrences.

 

 

                                              ****

 

 

“S-sorry” the sweet voice apologized to the person who least deserved it. “Why is he even apologizing?” he was paying too much attention to the conversation out in the corridor. The monkey didn’t move his eyes away from the videogame, “because he messed up something, I guess. At least that’s what it sounds like”

 

 

-“Shh” he was silenced by a noisy Donghae.

 

 

Only then HyukJae brought his eyes to his friend, wondering why he asked something he didn’t care about. I guess that was a rhetoric question.

 

 

The next wasn’t clear until Heechul’s whining.

 

 

-“Kangin should cool down a little” he said while he sat on his bed more to himself than HyukJae. He looked at him with his fishy face.

 

 

-“Ah, you are so ugly don’t look at me” The rapper snapped back.

 

 

-“Stupid Monkey!” he charged him like a bear and made the video game fall to the floor. The fight turned into a tickling battle, and laughter filled the walls.

 

 

                                          ****

 

 

The repeated cycle of the washing machine was soothing him to sleep, but the uncomfortable chair claimed him awake. The day was as gray as always, combined with beautiful sunlight at least. It had been a while since he had gone out alone. It had been a while since he had directed his eyes to Sungmin. He had pretty much ignored him when they are alone. Outside it seemed really noisy; the movement of the city still managed to trouble him. The memories of that narrow street still had him inside the dorm rather than outside.

 

 

A big pair of eyes watched him with a cloth in his hands, hesitating about entering. He was all alone, and this could be a very private place if you think about it. No one would hear a murder in there. He finally decided to get in as cool as he is, and get to his point with the boy, who seemed really amused by his appearance.

 

________________________________________________

Yaay I updated fast, well at least I reached a week and updated, I always do after two weeks or more when I'm so busy...

Thank you for waiting, I'm working on another work that'll be here soon, I hope! Please stay tuned if you'd like to read more of my work, if not, I'm already so grateful that you gave a chance to this story, Thank you Reader! THANK YOU Subscriber!! 

I appreciate very much your comments, enjoy this new chapter, I'm also writing the next one already, I'll pdate as soon as I finish it! (you know, I actually had this ready like half an hour ago, but titles are hard ofr me T.T

 

See you really soon!!   /(n.n)/