Hated Newby

One at a time

 

And so he was, standing in front of the new eyes he was going to know so well in the future, that he might distinguish the difference in eyelash length and curl.  There was an awkward silence before he parted his lips for something to come out of them, but, as expected from the newbie (as he has heard some of the yet-strangers whispering referring to him) the sound got stuck somewhere between his throat and his tongue, Why? I always know how to command my voice, how to use it as my will… He was so nervous because these 11..12..13 people were going to be his family and he was going to share his entire being with them. Ugh…

 

 

Yes. This was going to be hard. He Ugh-ed not because he didn’t want to pass through this process, but because he thought maybe they weren’t going to like him. I mean, he’s a geek, right? Who loves to play StarCraft all night, someone who can’t get along with somebody without snarky and hurtful comments, without annoying (but not unbearable) bullying towards everybody who’s willing to live with him.

 

 

Yes, he knew that himself. He knew that a lot of people had left him before they weren’t even close. What a tiring week is waiting for the poor teenager… (if 18 is considered to be the age of a teenager…)

 

 

-“Yah! Say something! You mean brat..” The silence was interrupted by the harsh words.

 

 

Kyuhyun turned his head towards the source of the noise, and there he was, a big guy, a Little bit over-weighted, but with beautiful features. He seemed really annoyed by his not-introduction, and well, to be honest, the ‘brat’ just entered their department and didn’t even bothered to introduce himself, being really caught up on the faces of the 13 members-to-be, who were intently watching him now, as if trying to decipher what was on his mind, or if he was mute..(which was impossible, Why would he be there, then?)

 

 

-“I-I’m Cho Kyuhyun… thank you for accepting me, uh-“ His presenting was cut off by some tough voice “We didn’t Accept YOU.” That was it. Kyuhyun hadn’t even got straight yet, and They are already throwing harsh comments at me… His heart ached for a few seconds, but he immediately thought he wasn’t going to let this guys treat him as nothing, They haven’t heard me sing yet! He straightened up, faked a smile as if the words thrown at him weren’t ever said.

 

 

-“Mtch.” Came out of the mouth of the boy he heard saying ‘We didn’t accept YOU’ almost shouting. He was impressively beautiful, delicate features, although full lips, and big, big eyes. But somehow, he seemed the kind of people that doesn’t give a damn about hurting other people’s feelings by their comments. –“I’m going to the dorm” and he left, passing  by the members as he bumped to some of their shoulders, making the way to his room.

 

 

God, … they freaking hate me, Thought Kyuhyun while observing scrupulous eyes that were scanning his movements with critical attitude. I thought I wouldn’t care the snubs I received, if that was the case, It IS the case, it seems.

 

 

-“Ok, he already introduced himself, let’s go eat-“ The rapper said while making his way to the kitchen, triggering a series of Blabbering about ‘yeah, better’ and ‘aish, boring~’ and to close with a flourish ‘and to think they got me out of my schedule, for this’

 

 

His heart throbbed at the disliking they had taken for kyuhyun without even talking to him. It hurt, it hurt so much, but he decided to fake a smile, and sink his thumping heart so that they wouldn’t hear his aching beating chest, that was threatening to disbalance him.

 

 

-“Come in,” Said the manager while patting his shoulder in assurement “get yourself comfortable, they are good guys, when you get to know them” and he left, shutting the door with a Slam-

 

 

I can’t believe I got rejected without getting in, [Thump] this is so [thump] hurtful! How would they feel [thump] if they were treated like this when being added to an already-closed group- at that, realization hit him, with a last and strong Thump,  that pierced his heart achingly. He was being dragged into a group that was already defined. Already decided, Already CLOSED. There was no space for him in there. Because he had been too late. Too late, and now, Nobody was going to welcome him there. Why did he expected otherwise? Why did he expected the members to receive him with open arms and stretched smiles over their faces? Why would they treat Kyuhyun as well as he wanted? why would they try to calm his nerves down about being a newbie, about being the new maknae? Why would they pamper him for being new and young and- You’re an Idiot, kyu,  He thought while pressing his eyes shut and letting out a soft breath he was holding while thinking.  You’re not a bit welcome here… And with that he entered the house, dropped his bags on the floor and followed the members to the kitchen, he supposed it was.

 

 

-“Pass the salad!” Blurted out of their full mouths “Don’t finish up the meat, carnivore!” they complained while shoving spoonfuls of food on their mouths.

 

 

The maknae could only sit on a small stool that seemed unoccupied and stare. They were ignoring him, like he wasn’t a new member trying to get involved with the group, but, out of the nowhere, he felt a presence beside him that casted a shadow on his face, which got him out of his wandering mind.

 

 

-“Hey, here” Said the sweet voice that caressed his hearing after all the harsh punches on his ears. He turned his head to see the owner of the best comment he has received throughout the day (besides the ‘I know they’re gonna Love You!’ his mom gave him before parting their ways) and a beautiful visage was encountered by his hopeful eyes. Plump and beautiful lips decorated his smile, and slight pink flushed on his cheeks. He was holding a bowl full of garlic bread.

 

 

It seemed delicious, so Kyuhyun took a piece, without removing his eyes of him, as if something was controlling his gaze.

 

 

The boy just softly chuckled, and after bowing a little his head he returned to the main table, leaving an astonished Kyuhyun, with a smile printed on his face (only after assuring there’s nobody watching, he didn’t want them to know how desperate he was for some welcoming gesture).

 

 

A bite was taken by a craving mouth, he hadn’t eaten anything since yesterday, nervousness is really something. It’s a thing that always had detached him from his basic necessities. Eat, which was one of his favorite activities, have been left aside every time he experiments nervousness, like when he got his audition for SME; when he had to sing in front of all his school in the Graduation ceremony, and when his Crush asked him his number (and he hasn’t a cellphone back then Damn!!!)

 

 

It’s not something to play with, because it’s some kind of disconnection to the common sense. Like, when his crush asked him his number, he said he didn’t remember, but A-After School I-I’ll t-tell you! I-I…wait, and he left to BUY a cellphone, with his savings.

 

 

Yep, Neuronal Disconnection. But He’s working on it, since that day and the Freaking Reprimanding he had for his actions (‘Are you Stupid or something, son?’ )

 

 

The bread was so delicious, with a taste of butter, and species over it, but Mr. (Freaking) nervousness was so mad now and wouldn’t let him eat it. Giving up, he stood up and walked through the kitchen to take a glass of water.

 

 

Should I ask them, or .. just take it, maybe they’re going to get mad if I don’t ask,

 

 

-“Uhmm.. May I take a glass of Water?” And as engrossed in the food as they were, nobody heard his request. Kyuhyun frowned a little before trying again “Sorry, MAY I take a glass of WATER?” His voice sounded a little demanding, so he rapidly amended his tone “may I…please?” and the first to answer was a little boy from the back, cinnamon-skinned and with a beautiful face.

 

 

-“Sure,” He said, softly, making Kyuhyun’s heart feel capable of getting along, before

 

 

-“Stupid brat..” murmured the tall male with little over weight, but still heard by Kyuhyun. His hope of getting along wasn’t improving, but rather decreasing.

 

 

What an awful group, he thought while pouring himself a glass of lukewarm water. But then his mind popped up the smile of that little boy, who made his day, and he rebuilt his thought. Maybe, not that bad… He is nice. What was his name? … Seo… S…

 

 

After the non-remembering session, he quickly finished up his glass and rushed to the lounge to check up ’s List. Come on, it must be around here…hhuu… Flipping the pages over and over, he spotted the face he was looking for.