Important Avowal

One at a time

 

The room was all infused with the deliciously masculine aroma. On top of the bed was lying a box. The indecision could be felt inside the room, although it was barely perceivable through the perfume. He moved around the room with nervousness, as if trying to remember something he forgot. One last check in the mirror done, he took the keys, and the box, leaving with a slam.

 

 

He introduced himself in a taxi and as he shut the door, his mouth mentioned a direction to the taxi driver.

 

 

Let’s just do this.

 

 

                                                                              ****

 

 

-“The night has just begun” she was responded with a flirty-playful smile from the dimple’s boy who answered the door. “Come in girls” he made space for them.

 

 

-“What’s up guys” one of the members received his friends and they greeted each other warmly. They seemed to get along really well with that guy and the other boys linked up just fine. The girls got along with them a lot, playing with their beautiful expressions and unconsciously flirting with their feminine charisma. And then there’s the Maknae, talking awkwardly with the girls and some boys.  Lots of people whose faces had he only seen but never talked to; their voices appeared new to him. Through all the chatter in which the party had evolved, there was this boy sitting next to the guy that was apparently invited to the party with his group, Kyuhyun knew it was DBSK as well as he knew the ladies from GG, but the members, he could not remember well. He was sure he belonged to DBSK group, but he seemed off and somehow he reminded him of himself; smiling and being left quite aside. Kyuhyun stood up and walked through the lounge so he could sit next to him ‘by coincidence’. The chatter covered up the words he said to him, making him get closer, his ear first.

 

 

-“Hi, I’m Kyuhyun” he repeated himself with more visible gestures but still quite unsteady. He smiled back at him and breathed what seemed like a ‘nice to meet you’.

 

 

His mouth moved but Kyuhyun was unable to understand under the laughter and the music and the gossip, so he asked mutely again.

 

 

-“I am Changmin” he said once more, now closer to him, “You are Super Junior’s new Maknae right?” Kyuhyun nodded and diverted his gaze.

 

 

-“I know what it feels” he tried to sympathize with him and offered a smile next. “being the Maknae”

 

 

You don’t know what it feels to be new and unwanted. He nodded once more, “yeah”

 

 

                                                          ****

 

 

The uneven steps that formed a not-so-straight line to the door seemed to be slower each time. When he finally realized his face was a feet away from the wooden board, his hand lifted on its own. He glanced at his fist, at the door, at his fist again, before the lower part of his lips. There was no sound around and he wondered if he should just go home and say he had a mishap.

 

 

Knock, knock, the door echoed inside the apartment with the twofold onomatopoeia.

 

 

Some seconds passed until the steps of his nightmare and daydreams approached him behind the walls. The door opened, followed by a surprised expression of the girl, later replaced with welcoming words, and an offer to come inside.

 

 

Sungmin smiled at her and entered his house with a greeting too, imagining what could happen if.

 

 

                                                                   ****

 

 

-“Turn up the volume” Shindong showed off his dance movements to the girls and the other band’s friends of his.

 

 

The drinks were slowly lowering their content as hand after hand poured it in different kind of glasses and different quantity. Not all of them, HyukJae for example, he’d rather have a nice glass of soda before one of alcohol. 

 

 

Heechul drank a lot, but the alcohol didn’t seem to get tipsy in the least and instead, he was getting a cooler attitude. The table of the drinks was never alone and he noticed a little person who just wouldn’t separate from it, and it seemed he was having some problems controlling his amounts. He watched from afar for 15 minutes until he saw him spill a full shot of alcohol over his own shirt and try to clean it using Jessica’s scarf, whose attention was directed in the opposite side.

 

 

This kid, he thought while he walked throughout the party to stand in front of him:

 

 

-“What are you doing?” he waited patiently again for him to perceive him. The boy shuddered, he was being caught red-handed. Heechul ‘tsk’ed at him, murmuring something about ‘hopeless brat’ and dragged him into the bathroom, causing him to jerk the scarf. Jessica felt and complained at nothing when she turned to see the culprit.

 

 

Slam! The door was closed carelessly, and after that the Maknae only could recognize a click, then movement, then something cold under his .

 

 

-“Hey Hyung” he mildly groaned, aware that this was Heechul Hyung who was rubbing something wet on his stomach, “it’s wet” he voiced out.

 

 

-“what a genius” he spoke out ironically and continued rubbing the rag over Kyuhyun’s alcohol-stained clothes, “God,” he coughed, “this smell is so strong, what were you trying to drink?”

 

 

Although Kyuhyun’s eyes were hardly focusing he still managed to look at him and say it, “whisky” and then his laughter burst to his right side as he scratched his nape.

 

 

-“What?” the eyes of the older one widened, “That’s insane, good you spilled it”

 

 

-“that was my fourth” he murmured between scratches.

 

 

-“What?” his face was now a bit upset, “at least you didn’t mi- wait, did you drink another thing?

 

 

-“I drank win-” the cloth suddenly dripped cold drops of water over his bare stomach,    “-hyung!” he exclaimed covering his abdomen with his wet cold shirt.

 

 

-“Aigo,” he perceived the rosy tone that mantled the younger’s cheeks, “sorry” he murmured, “but you move too much” he exclaimed next, he just couldn’t not have the last word of authority.

 

 

As he continued cleaning his shirt, nothing changed in his position and it made Heechul suspect about his attitude once more. Why is he covering that much? The silence let him wonder about his habits until something popped up in his mind. He shouldn’t ask something like this, it was something he just shouldn’t force out. But, he was pretty much drunk right now, he wouldn’t remember. Heechul was quieter than before thinking about how he should begin, or if he even should. Kyuhyun scratched his nape again, not being able to get rid of the discomfort the silence created, until he decided to break it, “hyung,”

 

 

Heechul hummed, giving him permission to keep going, “why do you care if I spill over myself?”

 

 

-“It’s because I can’t let you ruin Super Junior’s reputation” he lied confidently. Kyuhyun nodded repeatedly, with understanding, but he wasn’t satisfied, “I am a shame to Super Junior” he said with low head, and Heechul turned his gaze to see him, wondering if that was a question or an affirmation. He seemed really sad, so resigned that he had to calm the urge to hold him; maybe that would ease him.

 

 

-“I didn’t mean it, Maknae” referring to the previous comment.

 

 

-“It’s ok” he laughed like he had just told a joke. But Heechul was not so stupid to not see behind the laughter.

 

 

-“You know,” Heechul started, successfully hiding his nervousness, “I think what’s more important in a group is not antiquity, but trust”

 

 

He was listening intently, although his eyes unfocused (what he thought was certainly cute) and that encouraged him to continue, “If you are not old enough in this group, or not here since the hard beginning, it’s okay” he stood up to rinse the cloth.

 

 

-“what’s really important is trusting the people who care about you”

 

 

-“Nobody cares about me, Hyung” his disappointed eyes frowned as he complained. “I’m the newbie and not more” he said, emphasizing the word ‘newbie’ while his fingers grabbed one string of hair from his forehead.

 

 

The older one kneeled again, lifting the younger’s face before he could clarify, “I care about you” he paused “Donghae cares, Sungmin cares, Ryeowook cares, Kangin does even when he’s tough at first”

 

 

-“but” he seemed unsure about what to say next, and that was so freaking cute he gave in and hugged him tightly,

 

 

-“but nothing, and the trust begins with you”

 

 

-“uh?” the boy in his arms seemed still unsure.

Heechul separated himself from the other, “if you don’t let anybody enter your bubble, they’ll think you don’t want them and go away”

 

 

His big eyes were locked into the other’s also huge ones. This fragile image was probably never going to happen again so he soaked himself up with what his eyes were seeing. A vulnerable Maknae whose mask of though carefree person had been broken. It had been destroyed the moment Heechul tried digging into his feelings.

 

 

-“Tell me what’s been bugging you” he felt bad for taking advantage of his drunken state, but he had made a promise to force himself, even if that meant he would do it while he is vulnerable.

 

 

Kyuhyun glanced at him troubled, his eyes told he was hiding a lot, something he couldn’t avoid, and even less when drunk; he hesitated once more. Heechul sent him an encouraging look and the Maknae sighed, seemingly giving in. “well,” he started.

 

____________________________________________

Well, as he said, new update!! I let you know the next chapter will have a considerable amount of Kyuchul! but Donghae won't be left out so! And I am getting excited with the plot.. this story was supposed to be short but.. uh... well.

I always appreciate your comments, be them positive or negative, and I apologize before hand for spelling/grammatical mistakes. Feel free to leave me your opinion or whatever you'd like in the comments n.n I almost always have time to answer! 

see you next time!