True faces

One at a time

 

Even though he was drunk, he still managed to talk just fine, “Everything” the younger declared, “I am left aside when they are talking about something that is not work, I get glares whenever I get myself comfortable between them, I don’t even have my own room” the resignation was augmenting and the rest was just a mumble, “and they forgot me with some damn ert for hours”

 

 

-“what?” Heechul heard the words forgot me and ert and that couldn’t mean something nice.

 

 

-“Hyung, do you only know the word what?” the other turned to look at him,

 

 

-“No, no, no, tell me that”

 

 

-“what? Ah, you are making me do it too”

 

 

Heechul grabbed Kyuhyun by his shoulder with one hand trying not to appear desperate to know, “the last part you said, about forgetting you”

 

 

-“it doesn’t matter” he said with an instant reply from the older “It does matter; remember what I said about trust?”

 

 

The Maknae stood silently a couple of minutes (which he occupied in laughing and doing drunken stuff like swinging) until he decided he would tell him.

 

 

-“Ok” he said, “OK” he repeated loudly, what made the older concerned and anxious, “I” he paused, his cheeks beginning to take a darker shade of pink than the natural for a drunk person, “you all went to the film set without even counting us, of course I wasn’t included in that us” he tried to get up with Heechul’s help, “I tried to go on my own, I thought you had done it on purpose and I wouldn’t give up” the older still grabbing him by the shoulder to maintain him balanced.

 

 

                                                ****

 

 

-“Would you like some tea? I though you wouldn’t come since Sica said today was Super Junior’s party” The beautiful girl walked through the lounge to get the tea.

 

 

-“I would, thank you” the smiley man was the most nervous man in earth he swore, “I wasn’t in the mood for that party” he lied as he arranged his collar.

 

 

-“ah” Sunny smiled as she spotted the box in Sungmin’s lap. “What is that?” she curiously asked, sitting next to him with her cup of tea and the other’s.

 

 

-“Well” he was expecting that question but it was still startling to hear, “I have something in it” he laughed like he knew that was nothing she wouldn’t know.

 

 

-“Minnie!” She complained. “let me” she tried to touch it but Sungmin moved it away motioning a no-no-no with his fingers.

 

 

-“This box comes with a story” he had expected this to happen, “you have to hear the story before you see what’s inside” he placed it once again over his lap.

 

 

Sunny made a cute pout and nodded with that beautiful smile Sungmin dreamt of.

 

 

                                                            ****

 

 

The bathroom was little, but there was still space for the both of them. They remained silent until Kyuhyun decided to keep going with his story.

 

 

-“I went to the subway but I forgot my wallet and my phone, and a guy offered to pay for me; I didn’t say anything and he paid for my ticket” a jerk freed him from Heechul’s grab, “He dragged me to the subway and told me some nasty things about being my companion, I don’t know!” he rested against the sink while Heechul listened intently, “when the subway reached the station I got off and he in followed me, I just got enough and told him some mean things and ran away” a slight sigh followed that pause, before he took a breath and a couple of seconds, “I walked for about an hour trying to find the film set, I didn’t even know how it looked”

 

 

He seemed to want to stop already so the diva placed his palm over his shoulder, “It must’ve been hard on your own” his half-smile wasn’t happy and it made him feel like trash, since he too had forgotten about him at that time, “but, what happened next?” he knew Donghae had saved him, and he had been told by Leeteuk he had found him in some narrow lonely street, but he hadn’t given much detail.

 

 

-“I walked about an hour without knowing where I was going” he repeated the same, but Heechul still listened with understanding, “and there was when,” he swallowed, trying to find the words (or maybe having problems letting it out, Heechul guessed), “when he,” his lips were dry but a solved it; “I crossed the street and he saw me, his stupid car followed me, until I ended up in that freaking narrow street” his voice began to show the feeling Heechul guessed as fear, and some cracks here and there “he got off his car and took me by the arm, he was furious, I s-still don’t know why” his heart began panicking as he saw drops of tears falling down his cheeks.

 

 

-“Hey,” he tried to ease him, now he was starting to suppose what had happened next and felt the urge to kill somebody, but right now it was not the good timing for that. “It’s okay, you can tell me” this opportunity would most likely never repeat so he begged he could continue even when his cracked voice hurt his heart, and more so, begged it would not be what he thought.

 

 

-“I-I didn’t even know what exactly he wanted from me, j-just” he paused to sob, “he kept telling me t-to go with him, to enter the in car a-and I didn’t want to, he began shouting and he told me he would steal me for two hours, he promised they would be only two” the sobs where making the words hardly understandable but still, he tried to listen with more attention. “I-I rejected him and he got r-really mad, h-he cornered me and said he w-would-” he stopped because the tears and fluids just wouldn’t let him talk, or perhaps he preferred not to say the next part.

 

 

Another couple of minutes passed until he managed to clean himself up from the saliva and other fluids. The sobs still echoed the room; Heechul felt so bad he could punch himself, but for the younger’s sake, he would endure. Kyuhyun slowly sat on the toilet lid and buried his face in his arms, “He would what?” Heechul knew he was putting his finger on it but he needed to know.

 

 

-“h-he said he would j-just me and leave me there”

 

 

ing bastard. The word he begged not to hear was going on in his head. He could’ve been.. The guilt was huge but right then was definitely not the right time.

 

 

-“I was really s-scared because he, h-he had a bat in the back seats of his car, damn, I’m so weak, I felt so weak and I just couldn’t look Donghae-Hyung in the eyes ‘cause he had to save me ‘cause I was so weak” he wet his arms with warm tears, his true feelings letting out.

 

 

The delicate state he was witnessing was that, very delicate. “Maknae,” he said with very soft voice not to startle him. “You shouldn’t hide the feelings you felt that time, nor the fear, nor the impotence. You are not weak; you are very brave for defending what you think” soft caresses draw circles on Kyuhyun’s bony back, who had never seen this side of his hyung, and he would most likely not remember later, but he couldn’t bring himself to look up and meet his eyes, he was afraid about the look he could encounter.

 

 

He kept crying until he fell asleep and Heechul arranged his position not to be uncomfortable for him. After all he had talked with the drunken and possibly unaware Maknae, he felt, again, the urge to protect him.

 

 

The party went on till 4 in the morning and after that they barely checked for their phones and got in the van. The girls and DBSK had gone home by 3 in the morning, saying they had had a great time.

 

 

-“This was an awesome party!” Leeteuk yelled, a little bit tipsy, being shushed by Siwon, the designated driver.

 

 

They drove home and as they could, their asses ended up on something nice where to sleep and they knew nothing till morning.

 

 

                                                    ****

 

 

The next day’s late morning found all of the super junior members groaning and whining, Except of course, our designated driver and little Sungmin, who had ‘stayed home’.

 

 

Donghae groaned more than everyone else, he had had many shots and his head was now killing him, “Hyukkie, cut my head off” another groan made his eyebrows frown, “pretty please” his manners never failing to impress him. The other just grunted in his place and Donghae gathered his strength to raise his aching head with difficulty until he was in sitting position, shifting before he decided he was stable enough to stand up. His feet met the cold floor as he walked to the door, neglecting how his bare feet were in contact with the coldness under them and it could be bad for his health.

 

 

He heard some groans behind but didn’t turned to see his friend, right now he only needed something to cut his head off, maybe a knife would do. His wandering around ended on Leeteuk’s room, what made him wonder why his feet carried him there in automatic mode. The said male was slightly snoring through the blankets that covered his head. The only thing that made him realize it was him was his slender leg sticking out from one side and almost touching the floor.

 

 

Not wasting more time he sneaks under the blanket and makes himself comfortable, his arms tightly embracing his hyung’s torso, as if he were a pillow. The leader felt the shifting and tried vainly to move that only drew a smile on his sleepy face as he got back to sleep.

 

 

His head was still in pain, but the smell of Leeteuk had always eased him. After some minutes it didn’t disappear so with furrowed eyebrows, he got out the bed and directed his feet to the bathroom. In the silent corridor he spotted the light under the semi-closed door. A slight coughing could be heard and when he realized the coughing was augmenting he hurried his steps and grabbed to doorknob, not hesitating much before he snatched the door open and  revealing Kyuhyun on the cold floor, throwing up in the toilet. His pajamas where disarranged and his level of hair touslement could be hardly beaten. Even though he didn’t immediately approach the young, he watched the other empty his stomach with concern. After a few minutes he finally parted his lips to interrupt, or help, he thought. “Kyuhyun, are you okay?” he said feeling a little jolt when the other forcibly calmed himself and brought his eyes to the person he hadn’t realized was watching him.

 

 

His eyes grew a little when he saw the man and wiped his mouth with the long sleeve of his pajama before stuttering, “D-Donghae Hyung,” a blush began painting his cheeks of the embarrassment. “I-I am okay, I just-” it was unnecessary to try and lie because he most probably saw him yesterday drinking like there was no tomorrow.

 

 

Donghae walked to his direction, rising nervousness from the latter as he then kneeled in front of him and Kyuhyun embarrassedly tried to take down the lid so he couldn’t see anything and think it was gross. Donghae completely ignoring the other desperate action started analyzing his face before taking his arm and pulling the boy up to his feet.

 

 

The younger didn’t have time to even reproach before he was already moving his feet trying to adjust with the other’s pace, which tired him more than the other even reckoned. He stopped at the deserted kitchen and claimed a chair for Kyuhyun, who solely sat without asking anything since his lungs where breathing constantly to recover. The chair left his limbs hanging from the floor, swinging back and forth when he was not anymore tired. Donghae took some minutes to do who-knows-what on the counter, back facing Kyuhyun. The latter took curious glances but never standing up from his chair.

 

 

He wondered why Donghae never explained anything he did, he just did it. He talked a lot of nonsense, but that explained absolutely nothing about his behavior. How irritating. Somebody that not only is always there when it’s not needed but also starts conversation from nowhere! Kyuhyun had never liked conversations without objective. He was a man of few words so unnecessary long chats where pointless in his eyes. Some here and there are okay, but Donghae seemed like that one person that would bring up a subject of whatever it’s around. He felt guilt after that because he himself has done that many times with Super Junior members as result of his lack of confidence and the member’s disinterest in him.

 

 

He sighed lowly; he couldn’t keep thinking Donghae was annoying for that because he was the same all this weeks he had been with Super Junior. Only that the older was really loved. Again his mood went down, bringing vague memories of the party, but a soft voice broke his reverie of thoughts, “here” he said and when Kyuhyun lowered his gaze he saw a cup of warm tea, it felt really good on his hands and the warmth transferred to his arms slowly, causing him to shudder. He looked at Donghae, who intently observed him with an innocent smile, as if he were fascinated by… something. “Thank you” the younger didn’t wait more to say that, he didn’t want to seem impolite, like he probably did many times as result of his nervousness. The first sip took the bitterness of his previous incident and it brought a disgusted grim to his face, which Donghae did not neglect as his face mirrored the expression of disconcert Kyuhyun just wore. Before the other could even ask, Kyuhyun lifted the cup of crystalline-rosy liquid, “It’s really good, thanks” his eyes meant it so Donghae just brushed off the former expression. Kyuhyun kept sipping the tea with Donghae’s presence, who was accompanied by his pointless random chats, which he nevertheless listened to.

 

 

He noted Donghae was wearing cologne, or was it just him? But the odor kept filtrating through his nostrils. It was a familiar aroma that he had smelled not long ago. After some moments of recalling, in his head popped up a specific situation. When they were going to the party, the van was filled with this very smell, one that his nose unconsciously sought for. One that brought him calm and he decided he liked it, but in a clown van like Super Junior’s, it was impossible to track the origin of it. It was him.. He mentally confirmed as his eyes followed the collar of Donghae’s shirt, which left his collarbones proudly showing, and the pendant Leeteuk had given him hanging, he probably slept with it. That fact, again, transfixed the younger to the party, where he remembered so little after they brought the drinks. Images of Shindong dancing, Donghae’s collarbones and empty bottles of alcohol circling inside his head.

 

 

A jolt made his heart flip inside his chest when blurry images of Heechul, the bathroom and him ran inside his mind with no definition. His headache began increasing painfully in his attempt of uncover more of those images his mind kept ing him with. It made him frown in pain as his head couldn’t take that much right now.

 

 

Donghae stopped talking as he saw the frowning face. “Are you…” he closed their distance as his hands removed the younger one’s from his eyes, “Okay?” he finished with a much softer voice, almost whispering to Kyuhyun’s face. The latter got bright red as he looked directly into the boy in front.  

 

 

-“I am” he voiced loudly, difficultly getting up from the chair and directing his feet to the sink, where he was to deposit the empty cup.

 

 

The other followed his steps with his eyes, wondering about what he just thought he noticed. Kyuhyun turned around and smiled politely and Donghae just decided to brush it off, since the other seemed completely normal. Kyuhyun once more thanked his Hyung for the tea, he said he felt better and Donghae just remembered he had a dreadful headache minutes ago. He thought about drinking one of those teas that seemed actually delicious when the younger was sipping it.

 

 

When the young was about to leave, Donghae rushed and unconsciously placed himself between Kyuhyun and the door, the latter watching him confused. He didn’t really have a damn idea himself, so mentally felt empathic with the Maknae’s expression.

 

 

-“..Would you go out with me?” that frustration translated into the words that left the younger taken aback, mouth mid-agape.

 

________________________________

Hello! Hey I surprisingly am here a week later .n.n and I bring you a longer (and emotive) chapter! /(n.n)/ Thank you for the former comments, I really read each one of you and always try to answer ! In this chap we see some coming up Kyuhae! sorry that It seemed forgotten in the late chapters.. it's only that I wanted to make clear Heechul's relation with kyuhyun, (even though I'll anyways confuse you later.. haha) However, here it is, and please enjoy..

 

Have an awesome Weekend!!! 

 

see you next time n.n