Bad Leader

One at a time

 

“I-I-”Kyuhyun tried to articulate, in response of the direct question. “You..?” Heechul intended to encourage him to finish his sentence, since it seemed he was having problems expressing himself.

 

 

 

“Well,” he continued, giving up on his attempt to make him speak, “I was kind of thinking and,” He already knew the words his lips were to say (“what happened back there?”), but something in Kyuhyun’s eyes; some sparkle, some glow, was pleading him not to mention what happened before.

 

 

Heechul as intrigued in the matter as he was, didn’t intend to follow those big doe-eyes, but the moment Heechul was going to reopen his mouth to continue, Kyuhyun’s hands reached for his own knees, squeezing the fabric of his old jeans. The maknae’s reactions were obvious for anybody not stupid enough to confuse a lion with a panther: Nervousness. Again, his childhood problem. Present and ready to ruin the entire pretending he spent a lot rehearsing.

 

 

“mtch, nothing” Heechul spat out, just as spontaneous as always, with annoyed big eyes that diverted from Kyuhyun’s.  He just couldn’t. How could that brat convince him not to ask something he wanted to know?. Nobody had never told Heechul what to or not to ask. Ever. Somehow, he was pampered since always and Leeteuk didn’t make any difference in his life; after all, They are my babies!

 

 

After all that thought that seemed like minutes but were actually seconds, Heechul could notice relief in Kyuhyun’s face and loose fingers that were not piercing in his own knees.

 

 

“Well, I have to go,” He finally brought himself to say at that face in front of him and get up, with a gentle smirk, probably directed to the Maknae. Kyuhyun kept his eyes on Heechul’s girl-like features and pretty eyes when a hand interrupted is vision and landed on his head, making his tousled auburn hair even more tousled. The caring movements Heechul made on his hair left a very confused and speechless boy. He growled after the touch and this way he expressed how annoying that was to him.

 

 

Only when Heechul left Kyuhyun could get rid of this façade of ‘I don’t care of anything’ he was trying to project. What was that just now…? …… No, it’s not how you think, He sighed and fixed his disheveled head with a pair of closed eyes before calming himself down. He must have been thinking in something that made him smile.

 

 

                                                                ****

 

 

As he walked his way to the respective dorm, noises could be heard and scents could be smelled and lights could be seen. Everybody was always doing something. Donghae and Eunhyuk were playing video-games that shone their lights outside the room. Ryeowook was trying to fix a recipe we made a week ago. Shindong and Kangin were laughing about something on the internet.

 

 

Heechul was thinking how they didn’t notice the newbie and how are they always in their stuff. He tried hard but couldn’t remember a single time they had said something like “Kyuhyun, come and see this!” or “Hey, Kyuhyun, what do you like better?” or “What about you?”

 

 

Then was when some kind of guilt hit Heechul for the 4th time in his life, and he hardly feels guilt.

 

 

I really need to know what happened to make him shun from the lounge and go lock himself in the bathroom…

 

 

                                                                    ****

 

 

Leeteuk had had a hard day. Getting cooking stuff, making some calls to fix misunderstandings Donghae caused, scolding Kangin for not arranging his room, getting Kibum ready for his interview, and so on and so on.

 

 

Tomorrow is they filming day of “Dancing out” Music Video. SME made it very clear they wanted all the brats to be on time in the location given. Leeteuk feels a lot of pressure in days like this; Kid Hae likes to run and play hide and seek with Eunhyukkie and Ryeowook makes recipes non-stop, besides Heechul won’t stop wandering the house with a mirror in hands and appreciating his ‘damn beautiful face’.

 

 

Leeteuk passed with the laundry basket through the same corridor they all know so well because it leads to every single room. They all pass through it. While he inspected the dirty clothes over the basket (some mint green trousers, Whose? Probably Yesung’s) he bumped with Donghae, who quickly apologized with a bow and continued his game; By the kitchen, he saw that Wookie was now decorating a wonderful cake placed in a safe corner of the table with white, delicious icing and fresh banana pieces. Then kept going till some under-breath curses were heard from Kangin’s room (his videogame of course).

 

 

He knew the order and the situations by heart, first is Donghae playing around, Wookie making some treats in the kitchen; then it comes noises from somebody (this time was Kangin). After that Heechul gets out of-

 

 

Heechul.

 

 

Now that he thinks about it, Leeteuk realized he hasn’t seen Heechul and his precious mirror around for, like, hours. What happens in this Freaking house? Nothing can be hidden from the cheery leader!

 

 

With this little intrigue in his heart, he decided to go check up on his Diva, How could it be that Heechul wasn’t in his normal state of wandering the house appreciating himself? There had to be something interfering with him. This was not normal. He went to deliver his package (stinky laundry) and went in the direction of Heechul’s room, not before double-checking on Donghae and his Hide and Seek game. Everything under control.

 

 

-“Knock knock…”- the angel began with a pretty wide smile over his face and a little bit arched eyebrow that somehow asked for permission to come in.

 

 

Heechul was silently sit in Hangeng’s bed, his head tilted to the side, watching at the wall’s poster of Super Junior. At the realization of Leeteuk, he rapidly turned his head and let out a smirk that seemed half false, half true.

 

 

-“Get in”- He said while motioning with clumsy pale hands to come in. “I was reading…uh… a magazine.” He reached for one that was on the floor, almost covered by the blankets; and showed it briefly to the leader, the latter watching suspiciously at the diva.

 

 

-“Okey,” Heechul gave up almost immediately after Leeteuk set feet inside the room. “I’m just thinking about something” he continued with his narration. “I ju-, Would you grieve if someone ignored you or treated you bad?”

 

 

-“Heechul, why the question out of the blue?” Leeteuk obviously didn’t understand a bit of what Heechul was trying to say.

 

 

-“Answer me, please” He was starting to get thoughtful again, such a weird state of Heechul, that contrasted with his personality.

 

 

-“Well, obviously, people like that is really mean,” He said, to what Heechul just smirked faintly in joking sense.

 

 

-“You… “ there was a blank in between his words that made Leeteuk wonder what was that Heechul was thinking; but then Heechul parted his lips to finish his sentence with something unnecessary and really low, “That’s… ironic” and smiled. “Well I have to go get a bubble bath, this skin is not going to get this terse by itself” he changed his tone of a thoughtful person and got back to the clumsy-y personality everybody knew.

 

 

When he got his towel, his clothes and his exfoliating sponge, the atmosphere was silent, only Heechul’s hisses filled up the room. Then a door closed, and Leeteuk found himself in the exact same position he had when he first sat there.

 

 

“That’s…ironic”  The weird comment Heechul made kept circling in his head. “…Iro..nic?”