Last but not least

One at a time

 

The light was peering through his closed eyelids, by the time he realized about his consciousness. The light stretching brought some crunching noises to his hearing; which made him open his eyes at the realization that he was not in his futon. The next moment, he was having heavy throbbing’s due to the sight surrounding him. He tried to get up, but something really heavy kept him down. Then he noticed a new artifact attached to his body, a tube that seemed to be hanging from a metallic stick, and connected to…. his arm. Damn. The situation was obvious.

 

 

After that the flush of memories and images inside his head went nonstop until the blackness that had taken place the night before, or so he thought.

 

 

Now the question was not where am I?, but why am I here?

 

 

He uncovered his weak body, afraid of discovering something unpleasant lying under them, but what he saw was the typical hospital gown, in light blue colors and little fishes patterned all over it. Even though he didn’t feel any outstanding pain, he felt somewhat numb, maybe due to some medications, he thought. Trying to turn his sight and find somebody for answers, he encountered one source at the edge of his bed, sleeping soundly. His heart throbbed once more as he eyed every part of his hyung’s face. From his pretty forehead, down to his huge eyelids with sparkling lashes, and finally his sharp nose and plump, bloated lips.

 

 

Heechul was sleeping soundly; maybe he hadn’t had any good sleep. Probably something happened to the others and they wouldn’t tell him for not worrying him. His face made a pout, but as he tried to move again, an intense pain traveled from his hip to his chest. He groaned in pain, but it ended up bringing more pain to him, instead of soothing it. His eyes remained shut a while more, concentrating on disappearing that horrid pain creeping up his spine. By then, the person next to him was shifting in his uncomfortable position, waking up from his dream as he heard somebody’s noisy movements. His eyes opened like plates when he spot Kyuhyun sitting on the bed, back facing him and with his head casted down, eyes shut forcibly.

 

 

-“Kyuhyun-ah! Don’t!” he yelled, still not in all his senses.

 

 

The said man turned his head to the source of the voice and found a standing Heechul with worry written all over his face. He replied instantly, with the mention of his name, but met with an absence of sound coming out of his mouth. Astonishment filled both expressions in the room and when he tried again, this time, about where are the others, he met the same problem. Heechul observed him with furrowed eyebrows, the most preoccupied expression he had ever seen on Heechul.

 

 

What happened! He yelled mutely, bringing his hands to his throat, and squeezing it, still seated on his bed and not so sure about whether he referred to last night or now.. The pain of his chest and his hip was overlapped with the frustration of this incomprehensible plight.

 

 

Not being able to get off the uncomfortable white hospital bed, only tears could display his frustration, while Heechul walked to the door and called for a doctor, his eyes never leaving the younger.

 

 

                                                                      ****

 

 

The day was getting to its end with the orange beams of the sun hiding behind Seoul’s tall skyscrapers. The time when most of the people get back to their homes to rest, the time when the life of the city is losing its energy, to recover again the next morning. When the moon and silence envelope everything and everyone.

 

 

On the other hand, inside that very room, room #314 to be exact, someone was getting wider awake every second.

 

 

Kyuhyun had been sleeping all evening, since the incident they had been explained about by the doctor minutes after. Heechul shifted to another position, while still eyeing the sleeping form of the boy in front, trying not to be noisy for him, thing he would not even consider, if it was someone else.

 

 

Now, 10:00pm.

 

 

He had stayed in the hospital but he had to go now, because the scheduled activities could and cannot be cancelled at all.

 

 

Sighing, he brings himself up, noting how his bones began to crack and ache for the excess of time he had been seated, thinking and thinking. The time sure flies.

 

 

He reaches for his belongings, and with another look at the sleeping Maknae, he leaves the room, the image of his closed reddened eyelids stuck in his mind. He was walking so fast, he felt guilty of himself and he wanted to stay there all the time if possible, with Kyuhyun, who was suffering very much. Most of the time he was in the dorms, where he could see Leeteuk that even though injured, he was safe and fine. Just some weeks to recover completely. But this person, who turns out to be the Maknae, is alone in this hospital room, pained physically and now that he realized his voice and lungs condition, psychologically. It can’t be helped that he wanted to stay forever there, can it? And that is why he always runs out of the hospital, to leave no space for regrets that would bring him back where the Maknae.

 

 

The elevator was full so he decided to run downstairs. He went down running and almost tripped, embarrassedly eyeing around for any potential witness. Relieved that there were not, he stepped down another floor, and when he arrived there, his breathe hitched at the gloomy figure that was seated in the waiting room of the floor, whom he recognized really well despite his face being covered by a hoodie.

 

 

-“What are you still doing here? I thought you got back years ago” his steps stopped centimeters away from the boy, who shuddered at the voice.

 

 

-“Ahh!” he turned his head to a grinning Heechul, “You scared me, don’t do that” he said massaging his temples and then turning red in his cheeks.

 

 

-“Were you waiting for me or for somebody else?”

 

 

-“I was… I was resting, I’m going home now.” And like that he stood up and charged to the stairs. They both went the same direction so why not together.

 

 

But Heechul didn’t only want to walk, but also talk about why in the world Donghae had stayed in the hospital for another 5 hours without telling him. Without being inside Kyuhyun’s room, but awkwardly waiting alone 1 floor down. Donghae walked really fast, since the older wasn’t accustomed to sportive activities, maybe to keep him behind.

 

 

-“hey” Heechul began, until the other slowed down a bit, and eventually, the older caught up with Donghae.

 

 

-“what”

 

 

-“nothing”

 

 

And they both took a cab home.

 

 

                                                                       ***

 

 

The morning was clear and lively, unlike the day before when Heechul and Donghae left. Heechul was beginning to see that Donghae was really concerned about Kyuhyun’s condition, but would not say much. Heechul, on the other hand, cared a single about what other might think of him going to see him almost every day in his free time.

 

 

Kyuhyun was sadder, he could see. Sometimes he came to a just-after-crying Kyuhyun that would deny that with all his might. And when he was to come back home, sometimes, only sometimes, he would encounter Donghae one floor down, in the same spot. But he would just not say anything for the other’s sake. Donghae was obviously embarrassed, that is.

 

 

One time, Sungmin got to visit him, and he literally seemed like a dog. All happy and smiling, even though he couldn’t say anything to his hyung. Sungmin could not always come and visit him there, but when he did, Kyuhyun was the most excited child, vainly trying not to show it.

 

 

Sungmin never came alone, nevertheless. And it made Kyuhyun a little less uncomfortable. Leeteuk would accompany him, and sometimes the tough Kangin. They all noticed he was more serious than before, that he was becoming a different person, his face turning into an expressionless façade, unless a certain person came.

 

 

So Leeteuk decided to surprise Kyuhyun one day, giving a small party in his hotel room, with pizza, drinks and flowers. The moment they stepped in the room with smiles from ear to ear and flowers, Kyuhyun showed a panicked face. Not what they were expecting, but understandable in his situation.

 

 

-“Hey pretty, how are you doing?” Leeteuk flirted while leaving the pretty glassed container on the side table. Kyuhyun’s eyes bulged out when he saw the flowers and the pizzas, in Kangin's grip. He tried to say something but Leeteuk shushed him.

 

 

-“Do not even try, you have to rest your vocal cords so that they can heal quickly and we can have you back on stage” he smiled sweetly, a pair of dimples showing besides the corners of his lips. Kyuhyun casted his head down, he felt so moved by the gifts and everything, but he had thought about it a lot, and if he actually couldn’t sing again.. well..

The weight of a hand on top of his head brought him out of his thoughts and when his eyes searched for the face, his heart began racing nonstop.

 

 

-“I’m looking forward to your comeback home, I feel lonely at night” and then the smile that had blinded him always made his way into his heart.

 

 

Sungmin-hyung…

 

 

The warm feeling and throbbing Sungmin never failed to bring to his heart was something that made him anxious, but anyways, the feeling of forbiddance clutched his heart. trying much to leave that aside, he concentrated on the amount of food and warm bodies filling his room.

 

 

Everyone ate lots of pizza, not to mention a certain cute dancer that bought one just for himself. When it was finally time to leave, Kangin approached a looking-down Maknae, and rested his hand on his shoulder, carefully watching not to hurt the injured figure.

 

 

He eyed to the door, confirming the group to have left by then, and closed the distance between them a little, only so that his voice was heard by the Maknae, locking his warm eyes with him. The younger felt a little weird to have Kangin so near his face, but the moment he saw the look of his eyes, he couldn’t look away.

 

 

-“Listen, I see you and I see what you feel. Call me liar but, I know what you might be thinking. And you have to be patient,” his voice was really soft, his breath caressing Kyuhyun’s cheeks, as he absorbed and tried to understand what his hyung meant but that, since he couldn’t ask further, he limited himself to hearing.

 

 

-“You will be able to sing, I know you will. I know what the doctor said to your parents. Don’t ask me why,” his heart panicked for an instant at the thought of all Super Junior realizing what he had been told, but the straightforwardness of the man infront made him concentrate more in the fact that this was the first time he shows some kind of caring gesture over him. So strange…

 

 

-“Just give your best to heal properly quickly, you have the best voice in Super Junior, don’t tell Yesung about this, he’ll cry” and he broke into a beautiful chuckly smile the younger didn’t know he could show. But still listening intently, his eyes open as plates.

 

 

-“We’ll wait for you, do not give up, you hear me?” he finalized his speech and left without giving another look to the confused and concerned Maknae lying on the hospital bed that couldn’t protest since his voice was nowhere to be found and his body was still sore.

 

 

But his eyes stayed locked in the door frame, where Kangin had passed through just a minute ago. What if he is wrong and his voice never comes back, as the doctor had explained to him the possibility. As his parents had feared. As he himself had panicked about-

 

 

But his heart felt warm for some reason. His hands rested one on his side and the other grasping his hospital gown. He felt hot in his face, but refused to admit it was because of what Kangin said to him. However, there was no other explanation.

 

 

He would just believe his hyung for this moment, because Kangin hyung demonstrated he cared about him. He actually did.

 

 

A faint smile stretched in his face, his eyebrows furrowed in the deafening silence of the room.

 

 

___________________________________

 

I'M SORRYYYYYYYYYYY! and hello. It's in order of importance, and since I am really sorry for the delay and the shortness well, I want to hide behind a big tree TT and then say hi to you. Okay, now, I bring you another delaying person that finally came to love our maknae! or more like realize he cared. Okay, I apologize but I hope also you like this. I am pretty busy now with work but I will try to keep the waiting under 3 weeks. I am sorry I can't upload as quick as before, but please stay with me.

 

Tell me what you think about this fic under please, I feed myself with comments :) ah and please do give a chance and read my other fic, which I am working really hard in :D

----> After the storm, always comes the rainbow

Bye dear readers! thank you for reading ♥