Pain of Loneliness

One at a time

 

It took Donghae less time to discover the boy was quietly crying than actually realizing that they were tears. Something throbbed inside his heart. This feeling was painful, not physically painful, but psychologically. The first question that popped in his mind was a great, strong ‘Why?’

 

 

What to do now? What could he do to make him look at him and stop that drops from falling and wetting his reddened cheeks?

 

 

It would be difficult to do, the comforting thing, because one, he didn’t know what was it that made him cry; two, maybe Kyuhyun would get mad for him sticking his nose where he shouldn’t; and three, he was NOT that close to him.

 

 

But why did he feel this clutch in his heart by seeing him like this. What could’ve made him cry? Who could’ve offended him? WHO would do that to him? He’s just an innocent boy, he hasn’t done anything to us… and yet… we have only…ign…o…red him.

 

 

Some kind of piercing feeling went through his chest while watching the scene. Nobody seemed to realize Kyuhyun was crying, the newbie was actually crying. The most probable thing is, it was because nobody seems to accept him entirely. 

 

 

Nevertheless, Donghae couldn’t gather the courage to get to him, and do what he first thought of doing. It was just…complicated. He just sat with HyukJae, who had been going about how good the track number 5 was, and Donghae just could nod and smile because he lost all that Eunhyuk said.

 

 

And from time to time, he would slightly turn his eyes so he could catch some image of the silent Maknae, without fully discovering his state.

 

 

Sungmin went out of his room, laughing his soul out as he and Ryeowook made signs with his hands and frowned their brows with the laughter. They were red on the cheeks, and the laughter got to the point where it’s mute.

 

 

-“Yah, what’s so funny?” Kangin demanded with amused expression.

 

 

-“I-hahahaaaa-He Jus-hahahah” Sungmin tried to communicate, and Ryeowook also intended to complement his babbling:

 

 

-“I play-hahah-I played a joke on-hahahh….on…hahah” But failed somehow.

 

 

-“Just spit it out, God…” Yesung voiced softly from the back, still watching into his phone’s screen.

 

 

-“On Yunho!” Finally Sungmin could communicate something understandable, and the name’s mention made everyone’s eyes go wider.

 

 

-“Anyways,” Said Sungmin, still with remains of the laughter in each syllable, “Ryeowook and I are going out for a while, we need to buy some things,” there he eyed most of the members present, and his eyes made a little click in someone’s head, which was lowered and kind of gloomy. Kyuhyun felt someone was watching over him, so he turned his head back-facing Sungmin so he couldn’t see him. It was a slight movement, almost unnoticeable. But Sungmin did. Sungmin did notice something strange. Although he brushed the feeling away, because Ryeowook was waiting for him near the door as he fixed the zipper of his jacket.  He smiled at Leeteuk who gave him a lightly worried-amused expression instead.

 

 

He was about to turn the handle, but such a feeling couldn’t be normal. He needed to check up on him. The boy was hardly easeful. Most probable he was going through problems. What problems? He only could know if he asks. Then, a little unsure yet of the newb- Kyuhyun’s- possible reaction, Sungmin approached the younger with a sincere smile stretched in his beautiful and doll-like face.

 

 

-“uh,” he began, not the best beginning, but quickly fixed it. “Kyuhyun-ssi, are you ok?” he said; now with a little concerned eyes, that tenderly watched how Kyuhyun panicked at Sungmin’s realization of him, trembling his hands and directing his eyes to at least 3 ways per second. And how not to panic, if everybody had turned their gaze at him the moment Sungmin approached him. This was not supposed to get this way. He wasn’t supposed to be noticed. He wasn’t sure himself if his eyes were wet, but he was beginning to suspect because Sungmin kept trying to peek over his falling hair to get to see his eyes; which Kyuhyun would never let him see. I have to do something!

 

 

-“Ah, I’m fine, totally fine; my hair got stuck in my eye,” he careful voiced, not very aware of the lightly cracked sound he was emitting. Sungmin parted his lips, but nothing came out of them, he was structuring what he would say when Kyuhyun’s voice interrupted him with a nervous tone that only Donghae could notice, “I guess I need a cut, don’t I?” he faked a chuckle and stood up, still back-facing him. He took his phone and went in direction of the corridor that led to the dorms.

 

 

-“Be careful with your bangs next time” Sungmin snapped back at him with a giggly smile.

 

 

-“Of cour-“ something bumped with his body at the beginning of the corridor. His eyes facing the floor, he saw a pair of bare feet, very pretty and taken care of. The legs where so white and there was hardly a noticeable hair down there.

 

 

-“Ugh..” he erupted while rubbing his face. It was Heechul, the diva of the group; he was so smart in some things and so not-smart in others. He maybe could notice the whole thing by taking a look of him, or maybe just say ‘be careful brat!’

 

 

Not going to take any risks, right? So Kyuhyun quickly bowed at his not-yet-Hyung, and headed to the bathroom. He didn’t get there due to a handgrip he got halfway. Something panicked inside him before the diva dared to speak.

 

 

-“what’s the matter…brat?” he asked with an arched brow. At this the Maknae couldn’t hold his temper as good as before and he released his hand in a rather rough way, not wanting for it to be that way.

 

 

-“Nothing…my eye… need to…” and the door shut, depriving him from the rest of the explanation, if he could call that an explanation. Heechul found his face weird; it wasn’t happy nor amused nor giggly. It was nostalgia in it. Heechul stood there thinking a little, but not showing it in his face. Leeteuk told him to sit and so did he, still with the newbie’s concerned look in his mind.

 

 

                                                                 *****

 

 

After closing the door behind him, he slipped himself against the door; his back sliding softly until a ‘thud’ marked his was already on the floor. A soft sigh escaped his parted lips as he gathered some strength to get himself up and go to the mirror, expecting a slightly rosy nose and mildly reddened eyes.

 

 

No. This can’t be. It wasn’t a mess, but rosy cheeks and mild red eyes? Really? No, not at all. His face was really reddened and his eyes too. ! If I was like this, they totally noticed. .

 

 

Next thing to do is clean his dry tears. Was I crying? NO!  Again he kicked himself mentally for his neglect. For him, this wasn’t a matter to cry for. But this time, it seems he’s getting sentimental. He kept rubbing his eyelids with a little towel, without moving away his eyes from the reflection of a suffering boy. 

 

 

-----

 

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for the late update u.u I'm working now so It's a little harder for me to have them ready on time, on top, I went on a trip unfortunately and had not time to wwrite. But now all that is over! I promise I'll update as soon as I finish another chapter, I finish one,, and I fell calm to update, because I know I have back up :P Thank you so much for reading Thank you for subscribing! :DD