Unrequitted Love

One at a time

 

Morning found Sungmin resting his head in someone’s shoulder. Someone with chubby shoulders, like his. His head tilted to the side, trying to find a way to see this person’s face, without moving his from this confortable position.

 

Oh, now I remember. Sungmin had spent the night with his chatting friend Shindong. The best friend of Sungmin was undoubtedly Shindong, to which Ryeowook followed right behind. The 3 of them were always having good long chats in which they talked about a lot of things, including personal life, conflicts, crushes or deceptions. The chubby one was Sungmin’s personal counselor, and probably his only true friend.

 

The day before, the two had one of those heavy talks and even then, even at his age; Sungmin couldn’t hold back his feelings in front of Shindong, who heard him well and understood him. Yeah. The problem with Sungmin was his amorous (and sometimes infatuated) self that can’t help but have a crush in noonas. Always, always noonas.

 

The bad thing is that they liked Sungmin really much, they liked him so much that friend-zoned him real hard because ‘Sungmin, I never want to lose your friendship, you are really special to me’ and poor Sungmin and his broken heart that only watched them in the eyes and slowly turned off the glow in his own foxy-like eyes.

 

                                                                                    ****

 

 

-“Don’t you think life is sometimes unfair?” he said, his eyes about to shed a tear.

 

-“Nothing’s never easy in real life, Sungmin, we have to find our way into happiness by our own feet”

 

-“But,” then a crack in his voice was noticeable before clearing his throat and brushing his nose quickly “I didn’t mean to get her away from me…”

 

-“You-” But Shindong could hardly finish that Word because Sungmin was already with glossy eyes, menacing droplets around his eyelids.

 

-“I just told her how I felt, I only was honest with me and with her” Now several trails of glossy tears drew lines down his face gathering under his chin, taking times to fall. His voice was soft yet desperate, calm yet suffering.

 

Shindong knew this phase of Sungmin was extremely delicate because if he didn’t choose the correct words and emphasis in his encourage phrase, Sungmin would get even more hurt, which was definitely not the point! (more like the opposite) Then, he knew it, he took Sungmin by his face with one hand and made him look into his eyes by yanking his face up a little “You are never wrong for expressing your feelings Minnie, you are an incredible man. Her loss”

 

At the time he said ‘incredible man’ Sungmin’s eyes lit up and his smile began to form first one corner up, then the other till his whole face seemed sadly happy bye his friend’s encouragement lines.

 

Then both of them laughed softly but longer than any other laugh in silent atmosphere. The clock tiktok-ed echoing and bouncing in the 4 walls of the vintage room Shindong had.

 

                                                  ****

 

He couldn’t believe that he cried like that again for his noona. How embarrassing, good thing it was Shindong and not someone else.

 

Shindong appeared to be still sleeping because tough breathing could be heard from beneath Sungmin’s head. His arms moved from the breathing. Sungmin slowly brought his head up, making sure his hair didn’t tickle his friend’s shoulders and wake him up.

 

Now tiptoeing out of the room, min got back to his room, where he slept alone and no one was waiting for him, just his undone bed, his photobook which hid one picture of his noona, a full view of her kind smile and pretty eyes.

 

Sungmin flipped the pages of the photobook till he found the hidden picture, and held it in his hand caressing her face with the other.

 

Why do you have to be so far from me, Sunny-ah

 

                                                                               ****

 

-“Get up guys! Everybody get up now!” Leeteuk was shouting through the corridor making sure he didn’t miss to knock everybody’s door.

 

 

The second round was giving them less privacy: Opening their door at once. He wasn’t going to let them be lazy asses. He opened one. Slam!. Whine noises. The second one. Slam!. A growl. The third one. Slam!. Several growls and groans. Slam for the fourth time and last. Nothing.

 

Noting?

 

Yes. Nothing.

 

Weird situation, Sungmin always whines… then it was time to check him up so he won’t be dead or passed out. When his hands reached for the door’s knob and entered the room, it was empty and his bed done. His clothes folded and everything in its place.

 

Somebody took his time to arrange there. Something was sticking out from under the bed sheets, like a paper’s corner. What’s that.. he knelt to reach it. DING DOM DUM, His phone, he got a message. What a moment to receive one. He got scared because of the sudden noise and got up quickly. The message read:

 

Teukkie-Hyung~ I’m already at the film set. Will wait for you all C:3

 

It seems he’s fine. But what Leeteuk couldn’t see was the teardrops that covered Sungmin’s phone screen.

 

 

-----

 

I'm so sorry again guys T.T I really couldn't update because I got hospitalized, nothing serious, but I couldn't. I hope you like the story :) I do, so I'm trying to write it for you to enjoy n.n Thank you for your support and for waiting!!! PD. Im also sorry I made sunny older than she is, hahah Sorry sunny. And... I'll update soon, my final exams and projects are this week and I just can't.. as soon as they finish. here it will be ok..? thank you so much for waitinggg T.T