Apology

One at a time

 

The youngest of them all, covered in his blankets, laid on the couch as if he were a death corpse. The incident of the creepy guy had left him depressed, so his heart had no will to talk about anything to anybody who had forgotten him in the dorms. Being forgotten was something that wandered his mind usually, after being annoying and before feeling ignored. Those three were daily bases. Even though things had changed a little with the little gestures Sungmin made to him and the hints Heechul gave him about him caring for the Maknae, Leeteuk’s warm hug (which had not abandoned his mind), it was still not fine.

 

 

HyukJae entered the room and froze for an instant because God Kyuhyun was scary, hiding under a bunch of blankets and he made a bulk of himself. Besides the kind of murmured things to himself every now and then. Creepy. Creepy as hell.

 

 

-“Hey, Kyuhyun” Hyukkie tried to cheer him up “Want to come play videogames?”

 

 

-“no..thanks” the rapper could hardly hear a word, but the tone said no, so NO.

 

 

-“O…k” not knowing what else to say, he left slowly the room, trying to disappear slowly, and headed to Leeteuk’s room. He was not there obviously, but Eunhyuk didn’t know. Before the door, there was a little boy, standing and apparently thinking. HyukJae got closer and saw that it was Donghae with his phone in front of him, his eyes were looking at the screen, but he was not seeing anything. Eunhyuk called him quietly, only to receive a startled kid who dropped his cellphone. “Ack” the rapper said before his hands quickly reached out to the phone.

 

 

-“What are you thinking, you absent fish!” he handed over the phone to Donghae’s butter hands.

 

 

-“Nothing!” he told him while taking the device into his right hand carelessly.

 

 

-“I know you are weird, but this is too much” a response between joke and seriousness made Donghae turn to look at him.

 

 

He’s been my best friend since High School, he might be a fool, but I think he’s showed me his loyalty… He tarried some moments before raising his gaze to HyukJae

 

 

-“It’s… uhm Kyu, in the city, he..”

 

 

-“Speak well or don’t speak! Damn” the rapper shot at Donghae appearing annoyed, but wasn’t really serious. Donghae relaxed a lot by Hyukkie’s tone; then he dragged HyukJae to the room (Leeteuk’s) and told him what was on his mind.

 

 

-“I know it’s nothing of a big deal” he began, before Hyukkie’s big eyes and semi-open mouth that could mean he was paying too much attention or the opposite. “and maybe you’ll think it’s stupid, but when I went to search for him, something told me he was feeling unconfortable,” his sight followed his hands, fidgeting fingers traced his hand lines “when I finally figured out where he could be, when I actually found him, he was being molested by a ert old man”

 

 

-“You saw that?” Eunhyuk said, his face told he wanted to know more.

 

 

-“The guy was trying to drag him inside his car. Kyuhyun was really scared, to the point I could notice, and he was cornered between an apartment’s stairs and the wall” Hyukkie wanted to ask a lot of questions, but he knew Donghae would not know the answers to them all, so he waited for him to speak again.

 

 

-“I don’t know what happened between them, or if he did something to him, but I know he is mad at us, at me.. and I don’t understand!, I mean I saved him!, I..”

 

 

-“mh…” Eunhyuk interrupted him; he gave it a thought first and then opened his mouth wisely “Me neither, but I think it has to do with what happened that morning, it’s like The evil you do, you want to fix it later and be called a savior, but you caused it in the first place”

 

 

-“That’s neither a saying nor a proverb!”

 

 

-“That’s not the point!” he defended himself “I mean, I think it’s somehow our fault…”

 

 

Donghae realized the words of his friend were so true a minute after. The guilt came to him immediately, since he was kind of blaming a little the Maknae for being mad after he saved him, although he felt guilty too. Oh… I’m a bastard, a selfish bastard. Hyukkie felt bad also, if his eyes looking to the floor and his eyebrows frustrated meant something. I have to, no we all have to make up for it.

 

 

-“Hyukkie, let’s apologize properly to him” Donghae proposed his friend

 

 

-“Yeah, but I don’t think he’ll cooperate”

 

 

Donghae twisted his mouth in intrigue.

 

 

****

 

 

Heechul went to the kitchen for a look of the food little Ryeowook was cooking. It smelled delicious, but he was taking too much time doing it. In a moment of desperation, he walked around the dorms just to waste some time. Only that every time he passed through the lounge, he felt concern watching a certain bulk under blankets of various colors. It was something strange that wasn’t actually a feeling he felt often: concern. How could he have helped him if he knew what happened?. If he had found him, would he had hugged him? Maybe the Maknae awoke in him some sensations that made him feel intrigued. And he liked it.

 

 

-“Hey, why so smiley, chula?” Siwon said passing by, heading to the kitchen and a big heavy hand running quickly through his hair, ruffling it.

 

 

Smiley? His hands were over his mouth in a second. …Oh. He realized at the touch that he was actually smiling at nothing. Self-smiling to his thoughts. Sweet and cute imaginations about Kyuhyun as if he were a school girl in love. Disgusting. He made a ‘tsk’ sound and returned to the place of the happy tummies.

 

 

At the oven, Wookie was still giving some touches to the food, adding some species, and he looked like a god. At least that’s what other like Sungmin said all the time about the great chef Ryeowook.

 

 

****

 

 

-“…I need to get some food” the Maknae mumbled to himself while his stomach made all kinds of noises. He hadn’t had food since morning.

 

 

-“Here” a voice answered, startling Kyuhyun. He wasn’t expecting anybody heard his complain, and if he hadn’t, maybe he was a diva warlock, “Just eat it, ok?” after that a ‘thud’ sound was heard from where the side table was.

 

 

That voice…? Kyu thought. Couldn’t be, could it?

 

 

-“mmh…” he began, but then stayed quiet, not knowing exactly what to say.

 

 

-“Just do, and leave the dish on the table” his voice was a little rough, but kind. Slow footsteps drew away what he said later, like voices next to a wall.

 

 

-“Hey Ryeowook, You want us to eat at midnight or what?! Ya!”

 

 

Kyuhyun was paying much attention to the voice, and since it seemed to be away in the other room, he slightly uncovered a side of his face so one eye had sight of the surroundings. There it was, all delicious and smoky. It looked like a chicken , and it smelled really good. Ugh, I’m starving…

 

 

Trying not to make any noise, struggling hands tried to free themselves from the heavy blankets to reach the plate but it was further than his arm could reach, so he gave up, bringing his arm under them again. At that moment he heard something, probably the others talking in the kitchen, but there were footsteps again; they sure don’t stay in the same place huh?

 

 

Another ‘thud’ showed up but this time it rang really close to him. The Maknae stayed silent, but couldn’t identify any particular voice, if there was even a voice there.

 

 

No sounds at all.

 

 

Whoever had been there already left, and according to the intensity of the delicious smell the plate had to be right outside the bunch of blanket, ‘cause it smelled so freaking much, and hunger doesn’t ask, just eats.

 

 

It took another growl of his angry tummy so he could just throw the blankets in all directions and take the chicken and eat it in one bite. Starving is a state that make people savages sometimes. The munching began and its flavor was so good he couldn’t stop biting. Also the hunger began to banish.

 

 

A laugh popped up suddenly from behind. Kyuhyun stopped hastily and turned his head to the source of the noise. He was sitting behind him, in the individual armchair.

 

 

-“I’m glad you finally eat something” he was side smiling at him with tender eyes. He’s not annoyed at me? He leaned forward and his hand reached out for Kyuhyun’s face.

 

 

Kyuhyun moved back by reflex and the hand also did. The Maknae was not used to being treated like this. Why suddenly? Maybe he wants something from me.

 

 

-“uh, well, are you…” he made a pause and then swallowed, “enjoying your food? Don’t neglect your health okay?” his hand didn’t know where to stand so it did awkwardly over his shoulder and next his nape. I just can’t.

 

 

Kyu appeared blank but somewhat confused, and Hae knew that he still didn’t trust any of them but at least he wasn’t acting like before, all angry and grumpy.

 

 

Then he stood up and walked away, but half through he turned around and approached him. His hand this time got to his face and Kyu didn’t move away. His fingers reached a piece of food of his cheek and brushed it off.

 

 

-“I’m sorry” he said while watching him directly into his eyes and his sight really looked like he meant it.

 

 

Kyuhyun felt some evidence of his emotion form up in his eyes, but wouldn’t let them slide. He wanted to tell him it was ok, but his voice didn’t come out. Anyways, maybe Donghae didn’t know what he was apologizing for, but at least did. Maybe If he told him, he would know.

 

 

But, I can’t tell them.

 

___________

yay finally updated! thanks again for waiting I love you, and also thank you for commenting :D see you in next chapter! I know I am not being as constant as before, but its because I write them now, because there I had written till some point but I uploaded now and I have to write and upload and its a little more time. anyways, I'm not giving upp, hope you are enjoying it, you are free to tell me if you are liking it or not, but please be polite.. :) BYE