Stay with me

One at a time

 

The apartment was clean, obscure and tranquil. It was a really silent night if we should describe it, but a sudden ringing phone proved for it to be not holy at all.Donghae stretched his arm to receive the bothersome person calling, since it was 3 in the morning. The phone clicked as the rapper put it over his messy hair.

 

 

-“yeobeoseyo?” and his greetings were immediately answered by a well-known male voice, hiding agitation behind his calm voice

 

 

-“Donghae! Wake the other up, we are at the hospital”

 

 

-“But-“ the fish could just say cut words as he processed what was happening,”wha-“

 

 

-“Fish! Get them up and bring your asses here! I’ll text you the address”

 

 

Finding his voice again, the confused boy demanded an explanation “At least tell me what happened damn!”

 

 

-“We had a car accident, I am okay and Shindong, b-but the others… just come” he said defeated as he found very difficult to say this to his best friend.

 

 

Donghae swallowed and nodded, even though he knew HyukJae wouldn’t notice. The phone crashed against the holder and then he climbed down his bed hurriedly before slamming the door open. Siwon was out his room already, since he heard the phone and felt Donghae’s anxiousness through the wall. That’s how good Siwon is with that.

 

 

-“What is it?” he asked, concerned eyes traveling up and down Donghae’s agitated figure.

 

 

-“They’re in the hospital” his eyes told much more than that so his voice stopped there, knowing Siwon would understand. And so he did, as he didn’t wait more for entering the other’s rooms to get them up, although not harshly. Donghae did the same as he put some decent clothes and a jacket.

 

 

The car parked barely inside the lines and before the engine went off, a lot of hurried feet could be seen around the van. They had asked a lot, but pretty much nothing had been answered. And how do they want Donghae to answer if he didn’t even understand himself. Now, HyukJae, whom they could see standing in the end of the hallway, would have all the answers they wanted for them to be there in the middle of the night.

 

 

-“what happened, monkey” Donghae said with the mocking nickname, but not meaning to cheer up the mood, as he glanced with big worried eyes at his friends’ bruises and cuts. Shindong took a step forward and after eyeing the rapper, he explained.

 

 

-“We were coming back from the radio, but, we lost control of the car and crashed” they knew ‘we’ was meant for somebody, but as hurt as they were, nothing should be blamed on anybody. Kibum sighed as he seated himself on the nearest chair. Siwon stepped forward and carefully placed a gentle hand on each one of his friend’s shoulders, watching not to hurt them.

 

 

-“you are okay?” he stated, trying to get to his point.

 

 

-“Yes we are, but Leeteuk hyung is in the operating room right now,” he then paused and eyed Shindong as he was too concerned to say more.

 

 

-“Where is Kyuhyun-ah?” Sungmin asked, stepping forward between Donghae and Siwon, “is he okay?”

 

 

Shindong sighed and nodded negatively. Then Sungmin’s eyes went watery but not a single tear came out. Donghae’s mouth was open, as he turned around and placed a hand on his face after eyeing a crying Ryeowook and a worried Hangeng patting Heechul’s back.

 

 

Then Heechul found his voice to ask what he needed to know before dying from concern.

 

 

-“but he’s gonna be ok, right?” he advanced some steps, “he’s alright, just some scratches like you two? Right?” he continued to approach them until their faces were inches apart, “TELL ME HE’S OKAY GODDAMN!” he shouted as Shindong and Eunhyuk were only listening to his questions, not even eyeing him a hint of an answer.

 

 

Siwon took him by the shoulder in an attempt to calm him down, but Heechul jerked his arm, his eyes still locked on Eunhyuk and Shindong’s, switching from ones to another.

 

 

“ING YOU DON’T EXPECT ME TO-“

 

 

-“HEY!” Siwon yelled when he thought the situation was going off his hands, and everyone’s hands. ”Calm down Heechul!” and as if he knew Heechul would get offended by the drop of the honorifics, he added “I know I am your Dongsaeng, but this is no moment to think about that, because our members could be very injured, so please, everyone calm down,” he turned to eye the other members, and then again at Heechul, Shindong and Eunhyuk, “can’t we speak like humans? Please..”

 

 

Heechul blinked in agreement, as he did lose it and now he was again under control, but his heart just wouldn’t shut up and his mind wouldn’t stop thinking about Leeteuk and Kyuhyun’s safety.

 

 

-“what is the matter with Kyuhyun?” the hoarse voice of the youngest rapper made appearance in the scene as his shorter figure passed through Siwon.

 

 

Shindong, not wanting to prolong things at this point, he decided to talk. He knew the sensible state of what he should explain what the doctor had said to them after they were picked up from the road……..

 

 

-Flashback-

 

The blank is numbing, I can’t distinguish anything in my surroundings. Ah! But then, I remember we were coming back from the radio… we….

 

 

-“Eunhyuk!” I shout unconsciously, and I receive a whine as reply.

 

 

-“where are you?” the gravity must be upside down ‘cause I feel jerked to the roof of our vehicle.

 

 

-“Here..” the faint voice of my friend came from my back, I turn difficultly around and see him, in a very uncomfortable position, half of his body outside of the van, by the back door.  We were in a car crash? I stand up and get down again because I feel my legs weak as jelly, but it doesn’t hurt that much. That must mean I didn’t break anything.

 

 

I get out of the car, in time with Eunhyuk, who did the same and we see each other before shouting Leeteuk’s name and the manager’s too.

 

 

Leeteuk was in the front door, so I approach there from outside and I almost felt like falling again. He was against the window, red stains all over his head and eye area. I pray for him to be okay as my heart thumps scared to death. Eunhyukkie, he must help me get him out and do something.. but when I walked to him, he turned around and motioned to a figure, kneeling down some meter away, cursing something.

 

 

-“Manager is scaring me…” my friend said as his voice began to crack.

 

 

I tried to change the subject and do help in something, “let’s call the ambulance”

 

 

-“I can’t find my phone!” the younger stated but immediately ran to the road and tried stopping a car. Meanwhile, I try to take Leeteuk out, but when I try to open the door, I hear him whine in pain, so I stop in the spot. I don’t want to hurt him, I better wait for somebody capable of this. So then I mutter some words of comfort to him, even though I know they aren’t true.

 

 

I turn my head to receive a panting Eunhyuk with two persons behind, but before I could ask something, he introduced them quickly.

 

 

-“They called the ambulance and they want to help, Sung Yang In, and Chang Soo Hwa”

 

 

-“Leeteuk is delicate, we’ll have to wait till the ambulance arrive”

 

 

Eunhyuk believed me but anyways went to check up on his leader, followed by the two helpers. Then I heard a scream, Eunhyuk hadn’t seen Leeteuk yet.

 

 

When I came to see, he was crying, but then a faint voice came from the injured person, “..yu…n..” our leader was very weak, but I still pressured him to say it louder, because it could be important, must be important, for him to even try and speak in that state.

 

 

-“what is it..?” Eunhyuk approached the window and a second after stood up with widened eyes.

 

 

-“Kyuhyun!” he yelled, and I panicked, since he was nowhere to be seen. Leeteuk tried moving, and I stop him with my words, but he doesn’t seem to care. He was muttering something I understood as ‘where is kyu?’ and ‘find him’ but I stayed with him at least to help him get out of the car, with the other persons.

 

 

Eunhyuk runs into the road, and I think he is crazy, but then I see a little bump in the middle of the road. I don’t know how much time I stayed in that position, but when I hear the ambulance, I felt safer.

 

 

I don’t know when but we were inside the ambulance when I realized, Leeteuk kept muttering Kyuhyun’s name, but he was beside him, though he couldn’t see him, because his eyes were covered. I just heard the nurses say Kyuhyun is passing from consciousness to unconsciousness from one time to another, so I was silently praying for everything to be okay.

 

 

                                                                      ****

 

 

The hospital is the loneliest place I had ever stepped in and I don’t know if I was sleeping or not because my body feels so numb. Eunhyuk and I receive some medication for our cuts while a doctor tells us Leeteuk had too many shredded glass incrusted in his eye area, so he had more than 20 stitches now, but after all, he says he is going to be okay. We process what he says silently beside each other. When we get out of the room, we sit in the waiting room, and try finding our phones to call the members, but vainly. Then a door from the end of the hall opened and showed a person with a doctor’s coat, I then realize he is the doctor that entered the operation room where they got Kyuhyun.

 

 

-“Are you friends of Kyuhyun Cho?” he asks to us and we only nod once. He then takes a wallet out of his pockets and gives it to us, “I called his parents, they must be here any minute to hear the diagnostic” then we eye each other and immediately panic.

 

 

-“What is it doctor, is he okay, he’s going to be okay, right?” Eunhyuk won over me and asked more than he would be answered.

 

 

-“He is in a very, very delicate state, uhm, we don’t really know if he will make it. There is little hope…” he says while shifting his eyes to the floor, and then back at them, “he has a fractured hip, and now, pneumothorax from broken ribs, and many facial scratches and severe bruises, I don’t know if there’s much hope, but we’ll try” and takes his leave, with the both of us mouth agape and shocked.

 

 

-End of Flashback-

 

 

-“his state..” Shindong started, “is really severe, the doctor says there is little hope-“

 

 

-“little hope of what” Heechul asked incredulous about what Shindong is saying, “of what!” he repeated himself louder, as his eyes began watering.

 

 

-“Of surviving the comma he’s in now, his lungs are in a fragile state, and he doesn’t know If he can do anything to fix that”

 

 

-“Also,” Eunhyuk interrupted, “Leeteuk-hyung has more than 20 stitches due to glass incrusted in his eye area, he’s in a really bad state too” the they seated as Ryeowook’s weeping sounds echoed the room.

 

 

Heechul blinked, letting his tears go down, while Hangeng hugged him tightly, comforting him. Donghae walked to the OR, but felt a hand grabbing his arm.

 

 

-“Let me” that’s the only thing he said as he approached the OR room, which had a crystalline window by the side of the doors.

 

 

Siwon tightened his grip and Donghae eyes the person, who turned out to be Siwon, whose tender eyes asked him to go back.

 

 

-“let …me” Donghae said with cracked voice that Siwon couldn’t disagree to, and loosed his grip, with a sympathetic smile, as if he said I’m with you.

 

 

The shorter male walked numbly to the room, as his mind felt like making him commit suicide, he wasn’t able to tell them he loved them, tell Leeteuk-hyung he really loves him as his big brother, and tell Kyuhyun… tell him that he.. really likes him, that he’s turned in a really special person to him, even when he’s snarky, even when he doesn’t talk to him, even when he is that kept to himself. He likes him with his snarkiness, with his shyness and his awkwardness, but now.. what if Kyuhyun dies?

 

 

He shuts his eyes as the pain pierced his heart at the thought. Kyuhyun can’t die, but…

 

 

What if he does die?

 

 

Will he forgive me for not treating him better before, will he have a b ad memory of this group, will he remember us as the guys that never accepted him?

 

 

It pained him to death thinking about that but it was inevitable; when his feet stopped, in front of the crystal window, he went nauseous at the sight of how pale, of how injured, of how…dead… his Kyuhyun lied in the white bed of the room, surrounded by people he didn’t even register. He placed is hand on the cold glass, and locked his gaze with Kyuhyun’s closed eyes.

 

 

Oh, kyuhyun, why did it have to be you? Please, please, stay with me.

 

_____________________________________________________

GUYSSSSSSS I REALLY AM SORRY, for the late update, but I was really busy, and I don't think I can update as constant, but I eventually will,! like now, it was late but it's there, so please don't abandon me... I really hope you like this story even though right now is getting so ansty... but the accident shal pass and the happines, brotherhood and maybe romanticism shall come!!! so please wait n.n

 

see you soon, hwaiting!

 

and also, I welcome your comments here ALWAYS! so, if you like it, or have a comment, or even if you didn't like something tell me, I always like to know what my readers think.

 

and stay tuned to my other fanfic After the storm, always comes the rainbow  that is a wonkyu story, people have asked if is kyumin, but no, it is not the main one.

 

So, see you :)