Sweet, Kind Hyung

One at a time

 

Morning found Kyuhyun lying on the couch, unlike other days. The sun wasn’t showing his beams through the window, hence his eyes didn’t have a signal to open. As every day, Leeteuk got up (sometimes with Sungmin’s help) and entered every single one of the rooms till all of the lazy asses got up and ready for the shooting.

 

 

 

-“Wake up Eunhyuk” he yelled when he got in the room and discovered the fish was almost glued to the monkey’s leg. “Lee Donghae!” he did even louder now, receiving a grunt as reply. Donghae uncovered his face with confused barely open eyes.

 

-“What?” he said half sleeping, his eyebrows knitted together, if they even existed.

 

 

-“What, you say? Come on” he patted his so he obeyed, and the fish knew that was the last step of the good way.

 

 

He knocked the last door with strength and the answer came a second after. The door was jerked open and there was a person in front of it, holding the knob, his hair still dripping wet and fully dressed. Yesung was really weird sometimes. Leeteuk mouthed an ‘ok’ and turned around, somewhat confused. As he got close to the lounge, his eyes met a figure he wasn’t unpleased to meet now. He shushed Kangin, who approached from behind, babbling something about Heechul and the bathroom. After that both of them leaned out so they could observe the weird member lying on the couch, comfortably dreaming, if his facial features moving were any hint. Leeteuk laughed silently and Kangin, well, he frowned at his leader who wouldn’t solve his problem.

 

 

The noise made Kyuhyun knit his eyebrows at the time he stretched himself, then his eyes shot open and the first thing he saw was an arm-crossed Leeteuk standing in front of him and looking at him.

 

 

-“Is it too late?” he asked puzzled, while he took his legs out of the blankets.

 

 

-“No, but 5 minutes before would’ve been perfect” he said getting back to the corridor, with a happy face.

 

 

-“why?”

 

 

-“Everyone wants to shower now so that they can have breakfast”

 

 

As he turned to see the door of the bathroom the line was already there, Kangin knocking like crazy and light steam getting out from the lower slit of the door, then the rapper and Ryeowook, followed by Siwon. Maybe having more than 2 bathrooms wouldn’t be a bad Idea. Ignoring the fact that he probably wouldn’t be able to shower comfortably, he was happy with the situation. His fist felt weird, something hard uncomfortably pushing his fingers. The moment he opened his fist something fell and the Maknae remembered he had been holding onto that since the night before. He took it and put it on, hiding the pendant under his t-shirt, and got up and ready for the day.

 

 

In the Kitchen they all seemed really hungry, munching into their food as if they had 5 minutes to eat. His eyes traveled from left to right, and when he spotted something interesting his eyes stopped; it was an empty chair, just in between Sungmin and Shindong, in front of Eunhae (whom always sit together). Something warm made his way into his chest, but he couldn’t yet identify what it was.

 

 

Sungmin made a motion with his hands and seconds later, a skinny Maknae laid next to his pretty hyung (who had always been really nice to him), munching on his food. They finally got ready and boarded the van. They arrived in time for the shooting, but where really hurried by the staff because they had lost one day of shooting. Somewhat awkward, the Maknae did very well, or so said Leeteuk when they had a 10-minutes break. The smile couldn’t be hidden; it was ironically a happy day, since it was preceded by an awful day. He almost, almost, couldn’t remember anymore the incident he had been involved in the day before…

 

 

Ugh…

 

 

Kyuhyun brought unwittingly the memories of the guy and the… Never mind, just a bad day, Forget It.

 

 

The shooting kept going till the day got to its end, they usually shoot MV even in the middle of the night, but this one had to be outdoors and the sun played an important role. It was 5:00 pm and the sun was hiding his beams behind the city. They were really tired and already wanted to get back to their apartments.

 

 

The youngest of them was waiting outside the set, and watching at the other site of the street, where a couple was sitting in a little table of a Petite Café. They seemed really shy and their mouths weren’t moving, maybe they weren’t talking at all, their gaze, their gazes talked more than words could. It was a pretty sight, albeit love wasn’t something that had to be in his mind right now. He shook his head slightly so nobody would notice. The door swung open and some pair of big eyes showed up.

 

 

-“Hey” he said not looking at Kyuhyun, only to his can of Strawberry soda.

 

 

He extended an arm with one of the same product to him, indicating for him to take it. So he did and they both arranged themselves on the same bench. Kyuhyun couldn’t realize if he wanted to talk or he just wanted to sit next to him and keep him company, so his constant movements seemed really awkward.

 

 

-“You did great, Maknae” Heechul shot suddenly, still looking at the sight they had, that is, the Petit Café. Kyuhyun did change his gaze, directed now to the big eyed person next to him.

 

 

-“…Thank you” he changed again his direction to the Café.

 

 

Nothing more popped out in his mind hence, the conversation ended there. Heechul didn’t seem to want to go now, or to end the conversation there. He was thoughtful, as if he was planning his words.

 

 

-“Once, when I was 12 years old, I had a date with one of my classmates. She was really pretty,” Kyuhyun was paying great attention to his hyung, although he didn’t understand the reason why he was being told this. Anyways, his hyung really looked cool talking seriously and not laughing like he was choking. “My mom didn’t want me to go out with her because her dad had a problem with mine” he paused to sip on his soda, “I didn’t care and I escaped from my house to go on that date; She lived on the outskirts so I took the subway”

 

 

-“Uhmm” Kyuhyun wanted to know why he was telling him this, but the older wouldn’t stop. So he shut up and heard the whole story.

 

 

-“In the metro I spotted my Math teacher. He got closer to me but wouldn’t talk to me. He got closer every stop we made” the conversation followed a really strange track. “He, he got so close to me in one stop that the people boarding it made him squash me against the walls of the metro, Then I understood he was interested in something” the younger one realized where this talk was heading to. His fear began showing, but not a word. “If I hadn’t called my cousin, with whom I always fought, he would’ve dragged me inside an alley, Kyuhyun”

 

 

-“I don’t know what you are telling me this” he finally spoke and made his hyung turn to look at him, still calm.

 

 

-“I wasn’t alone” he said “If I had thought I was, I would have been seriously damaged then” his eyes where now looking into another big orbs at his side.

 

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes hesitantly moved around and tightened his can of strawberry soda. He could understand what Heechul was trying to tell him, but he had many doubts of how, of why. How much did he know?

 

 

After that some noise made way through the doors and soon they opened letting a bunch of boys enter munching on sweet bread and candies. They joined up really well and before long they were a massive bulk of noise. The noise made him calm; it was some sort of way to relax. Noise meant comfort. And comfort meant acceptance.

 

 

They would film the next day as well, but they were happy with the outcome of that day’s shooting. Not that they were celebrating, but somehow smiles where here and there, and Kyuhyun could finally feel like smiling, though somebody was inspecting him from a hidden spot. The day went by real quick and the night came almost as fast; the youngest found himself accommodating his pillows, linens, and the morning slippers. As every night, everybody went to their rooms early so they could fool Leeteuk and stay up late, only that, the leader wasn’t a fool.

 

 

-“Turn that off already and go to sleep” he shot straightforwardly to Kangin and Eunhyuk who were playing videogames, after the door was swung open.

 

 

So they did after being scold like that, and the rapper went back to his own room, where his fishy roommate was already half asleep. He opened his eyes as best he could when the door opened, and he noticed his friend, but he had more than 2 feet. Huh? There were 4 feet he could tell by the glimpse he gave. It’s not certain the moment everything, even his doubts about the matter, began to vanish and his sleepiness won over all.

 

 

****

 

 

The morning came inadvertent by the loud noise of certain device, which rang at different hours in every room. Some liked to get up early so they could have a warm shower, some preferred to sleep and be ready at the last minute, and some just liked to get up and literally only eat. The not-so-loud ringing of the alarm clock was silenced by the owner, Kyuhyun could recognize the song as a carousel melody. His numb mind was not ready to figure out why he was hearing that, but somebody helped him clear that up.

 

 

-“hey” he said softly, so soft that it went unnoticed, “Hey” he repeated closer to the sleeping beauty, who had a little shudder. Slowly-opening eyes met the ones of the whisperer. His eyes where surely close to the Maknae, that he got awfully startled, without intention, and hit his head with the legs of the bureau.

 

 

-“I am sorry, Kyuhyun!” Sungmin exclaimed, keeping his hands up as if saying he didn’t touch anything.

 

 

-“No, no” he said, rubbing his head “It’s…” he finally remembered the reason of the noise and why he was there “…Ok”.

 

 

                                                                              ****

 

I should be sleeping right now, why are you still in your phone, he thought as he typed a message on his phone. He suddenly heard fine steps, steps that increased in sound. Hi head turned right away to encounter not other than Sungmin already kneeling at his side.

 

 

-“Are you awake?” he said while Kyuhyun’s eyes were directly on him, his mouth not opening even a bit “ah, I see” he leaned a bit and muttered “This night is supposed to be cold, do you want to come sleep in my room?” he offered the younger one, a smile not very visible through the darkness.

 

 

-“Oh no, it’s okay here, I-I’m..”

 

 

-“Cold and not comfortable.” Sungmin ended his sentence, as he looked at the younger stiff legs, half wrapped with the bed sheets. “You can sleep next to my bed, I have soft rug and I can even lend you more blankets if you’re cold” the sweet Sungmin insisted and smiled tenderly, sincerely.

 

 

The eyes of the Maknae were put on Sungmin as if they were frozen, trying somehow to understand why he was so softhearted with him. His mouth parted, hesitant lips trembling slightly as the other still smiled. Why are you..

 

 

-“C’mon” he said, not in a pushing way, but an encouraging one. He knew the Maknae had been into a bad situation, right now he couldn’t exactly define “bad” but he aimed to do it soon. As much as he would like to do it quick, he understood Kyuhyun was still not comfortable with them and maybe in a delicate state. He just encouraged him to join them, by smiling, paying attention and kind manners. Kyuhyun finally seemed to have accepted, as he grabbed his blankets and his pillow and got himself up.

 

 

-“..Thank you” Sungmin heard this from behind his back, sign that the Maknae was following him to his room. He smiled and nodded.

 

 

..so kind to me?

 

 

Thump, thump, thump, thump…

 

 

Kyuhyun could hear his heart beating wildly inside his chest, he only wished the figure before him couldn’t hear it too.

 

 

                                                                  ****

 

 

 

 

_________________________________

Hello Readers! I'm here with this new chapter that I enjoyed writing so much, and hope you will enjoy reading it! Please comment below if you liked it or your opinion, it will be respected if you hav a negative one, just you know, be polite. For my subscribers, Thank you very much for your comments, they always encourage me to write more of this story that I had abandoned for 3 months. I am loving it more every time! :)

Do you think Sungminnie likes Kyuhyun?.....

See you in the next update! :D Anyeong!

PD. As promised, I really tried my best for it to be long, as one of my last ones was really short. voila! :)