Rescued, Broken

One at a time

 

-“Look, there!” Leeteuk shouted from behind the front seat. It was a bad idea to be in the back for him. Heechul was in the passenger seat while Kangin drove. Shindong was looking through the back window to double check.

 

 

-“No! it’s just a student!” Heechul despaired and averted his big eyes even more open to Leeteuk, the latter not even caring about getting almost on top on Kangin’s head; Kangin was trying so hard to drive fast but not kill them all. Crazy Drive. This should be the graphic description.

 

 

-“At this time he shouldn’t be at this street!” Shindong reviewed.

 

 

-“Yeah, but we already checked the dorms and he’s not there!” Leeteuk’s voice was so loud on his ear Shindong blocked it with his hand “So there’s no notion of where he could be!” he said while trying to watch in between the cars at his right. Shindong Sighed, but kept on checking.

 

 

-“He has to be around here” Leeteuk voiced, beginning to get truly worried, his voice lower this time.

 

 

Heechul could only twist the edge of his mouth in concern. He was holding the Maknae’s phone in his hand from guilt. Guilt he wasn’t sure he should feel, but felt.

 

 

Shindong was calling the director to postpone the filming, but it seemed he didn’t agree. Still, Shindong kept saying Heechul felt horrible and he had an important part in the MV. Somehow the director began to surrender, and they arranged the filming to the next day, without fail. Shindong agreed and they promised to be very early there tomorrow.

 

 

Leeteuk patted Shindong’s shoulder to thank him, and he just smiled back.

 

 

-“Let’s find the brat right now and then I’ll him up so hard he will forget his name” Heechul tightened even more, if possible, the hold of the phone. I won’t forgive you Maknae, for making me feel like this.

 

 

After Shindong sent a message to the members about the arrange. They eased a little in their seats.

 

 

****

 

 

-“Ok, Thank you very much ma’am” Donghae thanked an old lady he asked directions from. For the fourth time that day. It’s true Donghae belonged to an average family, in which he was outside most of the time, playing on the streets and in the park, but talking clear, the fish wasn’t the most intelligent member, plus this sector of Seoul was barely known by him. Even so, hive up was not of a Lee. And what would all of the members do if they did not find Cho Kyuhyun? Donghae was almost sure nobody would find him, something told him he had to. If the streets weren’t more confusing than a math problem, he would be at it already, but his hunch was still there, annoyingly pushing.

 

 

His feet already hurt because of the endless running. He had been running since an hour ago. And his mouth got dry by then. He slipped his hand into his pocket to fish some money and buy water; before he could take it vibrations startled him. It was his phone, and most probably it was a message. As fast as a thunder the screen was in front of his eyes and reading the message:

 

 

Hey Donghae, I don’t know where you are, but the filming today is postponed till tomorrow, you can get back here, or tell me where you are. You choose.

-----

Sungmin, 11:01am.

 

 

Biting one side of his lips, the phone again in the inside of his pocket, his eyes followed the line of the street, guiding to the subway entrance. His eyes lightened a little, maybe he was getting closer. He didn’t understand why it was so important. Why he was so worried. Why he cared. But in his mind somebody was shouting Kyuhyun was a good person, he was not malicious and didn’t deserve the stares he had been getting. He decided to believe the voice and guided himself through the subway. Inside, people walked here and there and nobody was in the same spot for more than a minute. It was a practical mess and Donghae wasn’t prepared for this kind of sleuthing searching. Now. Order your ideas. Where could he had gone first?

 

 

The terminals where stuck with people and a huge line awaited each one of them. Maybe taking a subway ticket wasn’t the best of ideas, but after taking a look of the lines chart (the departures and arrival); the name of a destination made a thud in his mind.

 

 

Ending Station: Incheon

 

 

Incheon was the closest station to the filming set. A probability was Kyuhyun took the Line 1 destination Incheon. Donghae only hoped his feeling of the direction was right and launched there. On foot.

 

 

Of course he would get there, but when was the question. Inside his brain he only could think about a frightened Kyuhyun, alone and scared of the people. Or maybe a careless Kyuhyun, innocent and naïve, wandering the lonely streets of a desolate place in the outskirts of Seoul, or, the worst case scenario, Kyuhyun being chased by a bunch of thugs willing to harm him. Maybe the options were too exaggerated, considering that he was grown enough to not be as naïve or careless as he thought. But Kyuhyun wasn’t strong. He wasn’t brave either, he seemed so fragile inside and out or at least that’s what he projected.

 

 

Whatever the thoughts were, they started to wander in hidden spaces of his mind, places where affection guided to worry. Where not anybody’s face is drawn. The smile of Kyuhyun was so pretty in the drawing, it was beyond bright and really wide, as beautiful as his mother’s, he thought. Mrs. Lee had Donghae’s most favorite smile. All happy and beautiful, just as the drawing.

 

 

The more he ran, the more he realized he was almost there. But that didn’t guarantee anything, unfortunately. The sky was glowing even more now, worsening his sight.

 

 

AGH! Where the f-

 

 

-“Ok! I will, jus- just” an interruption sneaked into his ear. Just the capture of some arguments from the street, but he was not sure where they came from exactly.

 

 

Where the heck are you, Mak-

 

 

“-Better now. I’m not joking!” again another voice appeared from some place around. He knew it wasn’t his issue, and now, the priority was to find the Maknae, but he had a kind heart and couldn’t just ignore that situation; maybe some quick talk would do something for better. A look around helped him spot two figures apparently having an argument in a half-hidden spot behind a wall ladder inside an alley. Pretty bad place to start a fight.

 

 

The voices where really low but still understandable.

 

 

-“Only two! Why you fight it so much?” the voice was almost pleading, an interesting fight, or maybe just a couple’s argument.

 

 

-“please just let me- I can-” the other person voiced, stuttering not very audible.

 

 

-“You keep fighting,” the bigger figure, recognizable as a man conditioned “and I will force you in” apparently the fight was over getting in the car. Donghae was approaching very slowly just to see if the situation required help, if it was a couple fight, better not to be nosing into it. The alley seemed too little for a car. Maybe it was a mini car?

 

 

-“I can move by myself!” the slim figure howled and made some aggressive movements there. Ouch, that’s a wild girl.

 

 

-“Mtch-” the man huffed and raised the girl’s arms to lock them above her head, one hand holding them tight against a rough struggling; This was getting abrupt and even if they were a couple Donghae wasn’t the type of letting guy’s mistreat women, plus now they didn’t seem like a couple at all.

 

 

The guy seemed like a freaking bear charging against her, his body covering her face.

 

 

-“I’m just gonn’ in-” he growled.

 

 

-“You know harassment is seriously punished here in Korea?”

 

 

The guy snapped his face in the direction of the voice and dropped the hands he was holding tight, one in her arms and the other holding her jaw roughly. The girl fell to the floor behind the ladder and the guy began walking in Donghae’s way, approaching him with furious eyes. Oh . Donghae stepped back a little, but then faced the guy because it would be worse to leave him with her again. The guy didn’t even hesitate and leaded his fist to his stomach, pushing really hard and taking out a gasp from Donghae; his body wasn’t expecting a punch right now. He misbalanced a little and fell, but helped himself up again in no time.

 

 

-“You wann’ stuck your n’ nose where nobody needs you? Huh?” voice loud and arrogant. He attempted to hit him again, but this time Donghae knew and with a fast movement took his wrist and twisted it. The man squealed and tried to break free but Donghae tightened the grip.

 

 

-“And if you don’t want me to report you and live all your lamentable life inside a cell,” Donghae warned him in a whisper near his ear “then you are letting this lady go and never showing your pitiful face again here” His hands twisted again to get him to normal position, but still holding tight “Cuz’ if you do, I’ll definitely call the police then” And he let him free, just as fast as he ran away cursing Donghae under his breath.

 

 

He almost forgot there was the lady behind the ladder until he heard a broken sigh and pats from there.

 

 

-“Oh let me hel-” approaching the lad- No.

 

Boy.

 

Neither.

 

 

Kyuhyun?!

 

 

He was patting his knees to get the dirt out of them and looking to the floor.

 

 

-“K-Kyuhyun?” he said while his hand followed the silhouette and unconsciously was going to take his shoulders, but before he could touch him, his hands stopped. He was shaking and no word would come out of him.

 

 

-Are yo-”

 

 

-“I‘m Ok.” he said not looking at him. Donghae was peeking slyly to see his face.

 

 

-“Ah, perfect because we were searching for you and,”

 

 

-“No, you weren’t, you purposely left me” he said still head down. His voice was a little cracked and guilt pierced his heart.

 

 

-“No, Kyuhyun, it’s not like that, look, we-” he tried explaining but got interrupted for the second time.

 

 

-“It’s ok. It’s fine,” he stated his blunt answer “I get you all hate me.”

 

 

Donghae got left behind by Kyuhyun walking past him. His eyes where glossy, face slightly redden and he was his wrists. Donghae wanted to take him by the shoulder but somehow his hand just grazed it. He couldn’t touch him. Like he said before, he seemed fragile and now he appeared to be shivering. He wanted to say that was not true, they didn't hate him. He wanted to ask him what happened before so bad and a lot more things but instead, he asked something more important.

 

 

-“Did he do something to you?”

 

 

Kyuhyun stopped and turned his head 45º just so he can see a side of his face.

 

 

-“No,” he paused, thinking the rest before adding “thanks. Let’s go”

 

 

Something in his voice seemed broken, sad. He hummed a nod in agreement and took his phone out to message the members finally. Later would be time for an explanation, and an apology.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

And here it is the next one! /n.n/ As I promised, really quick for me, and I hope you too.. I hope you enjoy this part. it gets better. And some kyuhae, as you asked, or  may I do some more kyumin? I don't know yet.  Thank you for reading and commenting. I'll try to update as soon as I can, See you next chapter.