A New Start

Forever You And I (Sequel to 'Maybe I Love You')

Jiyeon's POV:

It's been two weeks since that encounter with Youngmin. I'm beginning to forget about him, but I still have a long way to go. I'm still wearing the rings so that's a sign that says I still like him. I admit that. But I'm going to start fresh. No more moping around about nothing. Oh Jiyeon is a new person now. 

"Jiyeon-ah, me and the members are going out to eat. You want to come with?" Onew oppa said with a smile. I nodded happily. To be honest I've gotten pretty attached to him. He's with me almost everyday and we talk to each other all the time.

"Kaja, oppa~" I said walking up to him. He put his arm around my shoulder and we walked out together. This is a normal thing between us so it's not weird.

Skip a few hours

Hmm, what to do, what to do. I have no schedules today and Onew has schedules until 8. I looked at the clock. It's only 2 PM. Ughhhhhh, I'm going to be soooo bored! Might as well surf the web. I opened up my laptop and decided to search for myself. This is the result of being so bored. I typed in my name and my eyes widened at the first thing that showed up.

'Onyeon Couple!- Oh Jiyeon and SHINee's Onew Dating?'

I clicked on the link and it took me to one of those celebrity gossip pages. I read the article.

'Could SM's newest creation, Oh Jiyeon, and SHINee's famous leader, Onew, be the newest idol couple? The two have been rumored couple ever since the SM Town concert in Paris. The two were found focusing on only each other as they played around the stage. Also, recently, the two have been found to be spending more time together. Pictures have been taken by fans who spotted the two together. Onew has been seen with his arm around Jiyeon and she is smiling affectionately at him. Could this rumor be true? If it is, how will the fans react to it? Stay tuned for more updates on the newest KPOP couple.'

Mwohya?! Do these people have nothing better to do than to post stuff like this? I scrolled down and sure enough there were pictures of me and Onew oppa. It was from we would hang out. His arm was around me, but it was a normal thing. And the thing at the concert is totally normal between us. I don't get why these people would misunderstand. I mean, we're from the same company. Of course I'm comfortable with him. I scrolled down some more and read the comments on the article.

'OMG I always wanted them to go out! So Cute <3'

'I swear if that Onew lays another finger on my Jiyeon I'm going to rip him to shreads! >.<"

'ONYEON! ONYEON! ONYEON! ONYEON! <33333'

'No, Onew oppa, don't go to her! What about us?! :'('

The comments just went on and on. Do people actually believe this stuff? I wonder if Onew oppa knows about this. Maybe I should call him. I looked at the clock. It's 3. I wonder if he's free right now. Maybe I'll just text him.

'Oppa, when you're free call me.' I pressed the send button and went back to my computer. I went back to the search thing. If I search my name almost everything that comes up is about me and Onew oppa. Just then my ringtone went off. I picked up my phone and Onew oppa's name flashed on the screen. "Oh, oppa, you called. I thought you would be in the middle of a schedule."

"Ani, I'm taking a break right now. What is it?" he said on the other line.

"Oh, oppa, did you hear about the rumors?"

"Rumors? About what?"

"The thing is.... there are rumors going around about us dating. Some of our fans took pictures of us and uploaded them on the internet. Now everyone thinks we're dating," I said looking at another article.

"Oh, jinja? I didn't hear about it. Where are you now?"

"Home, of course."

"Arasso, just stay there and I'll come over when my schedules are finished. We can talk about it then. I have to go now," he said through the phone.

"Arasso, oppa. See you later."

Skip to later

My doorbell rang and I opened the door to reveal Onew oppa. "Annyeong, oppa."

"Annyeong. I brought some food. We can eat it while we discuss the issue." I nodded and lead him inside. We sat down in the living room with the food and my laptop in front of us. "Here are the articles. You can take a look at them."

"Let's see what we have here." He scrolled down on the articles and read them through. He looked at the pictures too. "Hmm, it seems like people really believe this stuff," he said resting his head on his hand.

"That's what I'm saying. What do we do about this, oppa?" I said eating some of my rice.

"Well, if we tell them the truth then the scandal will only get bigger. But what if we tell them we are dating?"he said turning to me.

My eyes widened. "Oppa, how could we tell them that? That would be lying."

"Well, it wouldn't be if we made it a reality." I was shocked for a second.

"Oppa....." He took my hands and looked me in the eyes.

"I've always liked you, Jiyeon-ah. Ever since you were a trainee. But when I found out about you and Youngmin I was crushed, but I still loved you. When you broke up I didn't hang out with you because it was a chance to make you like me. I hung out with you because I sincerely wanted to help you. But now I want to take my chances. Oh Jiyeon.... will you go out with me?" I just stared at him in shock. Is it true? Did he really like me for that long? Is he really asking me out?

"Oppa...."

"I know this is a shock to you and I know you're still thinking about Youngmin, but I can help you forget him. I can help you start fresh.... with me. Please, give me a chance. I promise I'll never hurt you," he said tightening his grip on my hands. I stared into his eyes. I could tell that he meant it. Plus this is a chance for me to forget about Youngmin. And I think he'll be a good boyfriend.

"I'll go out with you, oppa," I said with a smile. He smiled and hugged me. 

"I promise, I'll never hurt you. You'll always be happy with me. I promise." Geurae, komawo, oppa. I'm going to have a new start with you.