Rhythm Of Love

TORN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We may only have tonight
But till the morning sun, you're mine
All mine
Play the music low
And sway to the rhythm of love

- Rhythm Of Love, Plain White T's

 

Sunday. Hyunseung always loves Sundays. Why wouldn’t he? It’s still part of the weekend and weekend means no school, no headache—no s from people. The only thing he hates about it was after today, a start of a moronic Monday is waiting ahead. Again, for the endless time. But until the clock is not yet ticking seven am, he will mostly enjoy this free day. Over more, when Junhyung told him last night that they would spend this day together. It made him excited and he just can’t wait for noon time to come.

 

While waiting he decided to send a simple good morning text to his boyfriend as well as to his best friend who he didn’t see for a whole week. Hyunseung is not the clingy type but he just feel like doing it today. It’s eight in the morning and he started making breakfast for the two of them and his little sister. Not long after, their house phone rang and only one person calls him through that. He closed the stove first before ran into the living room and picked up the said ringing device.

 

“Hello, Jang’s residence. Hyunseung speaking.”

 

“Sunshine! I missed you so much! How are you doing?” Gikwang’s cheerful voice was filled on the line.

 

“Why are you calling me here instead on my phone Geeks?”

 

“Phone’s dead sunshine. I’m charging it since I just got home and I can’t wait to call you after not hearing anything from you in a week.”

 

“Is that so? Are you okay? How’s your mom?” Hyunseung asked worriedly.

 

“Same. She had two episodes of heart attack.”

 

“I’m sorry. You want me to come over? I can always accompany you Geeks.”

 

“It’s alright sunshine. I’m coming to school tomorrow since Jiyong hyung is here for a week. He’ll take over on watching mom.” When he heard Jiyong is here, he got a sudden bizzare feeling. He can’t understand what it is but he is nervous making his heart thumping loudly against his chest.

 

“Jiyong hyung is here?” Hyunseung asked in a whisper. His voice was somehow not confident.

 

“Yes. He’s on emergency school leave for two weeks but don’t worry I’ll make sure that you won’t cross paths with him.”

 

“No. Don’t worry about me Geeks. I was just surprised? Yeah, I guess. I’m already over him and in fact I have something to tell you.” Remembering that he has Junhyung now makes him smile immediately.

 

“Oh my God! Don’t tell me what I’m thinking!” Gikwang squealed loudly on the other line making him pushed the telephone for a distance again to save his precious hearing sense.

 

“When will you quit that idiot? Stop harassing my precious ears.”

 

“I knew it! I just knew it! You like him too! Of course, it was so obvious!”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Since when?! Come on, spill the juicy details sunshine! Finally you have your first boyfriend ever!” Hyunseung laughed amusedly with his best friend’s reaction.  He didn’t even utter a word about him having a boyfriend yet that little punk assumed that immediately.

 

“I didn’t say anything Geeks. What makes you think I have a boyfriend?”

 

“Quit stalling me! You’re not denying anything and you’re laughing or should I say giggling? The cold Jang Hyunseung is giggling over the phone to me? What did I miss? Ugh..”

 

Gikwang is very right. Usually when that punk is assuming things like almost all of the ing time, Hyunseung will snap at him and will immediately tell him to shut the hell up and quit talking nonsense. He doesn’t have the patience when it comes to his best friend’s stupid assumptions yet look at him today. He didn’t even deny a single thing. And for once, he didn’t feel like punching that moron because he was absolutely right. Though he finds it a little bit of uncomfortable he still decides on telling him anyway.

 

“Okay I admit it. Junhyung is now my boyfriend. And it just happened yesterday.” Hyunseung felt his cheeks are burning and even though Gikwang can’t see him he is still trying to hide it.

 

“Yay! I’m so happy for you sunshine! Finally you’re getting laid!” And as usual, Gikwang will never fail to make him tongue tied.

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t act so innocent on me. I know how things work out in a relationship. And as if Junhyung is the patient guy.” Hyunseung can guess Gikwang is rolling his eyes.

 

“I bet in less than a month you will already do it.”

 

“Are you serious? I’m not a Geeks. And I am not having with Junhyung.”

 

“They always say that at first sunshine.” If Hyunseung was blushing earlier, he was redder now than before. How can Gikwang talk to him about as if it’s the most casual thing to talk about?

 

“Whatever, you should take your rest. I’m seeing you around tomorrow.”

 

“Are you going out with him today?”

 

“None of your damn business idiot.” And with that he hanged up before Gikwang could even reply. He doesn’t want the other prying off more personal things from him. He maybe can share some things about him now easily yet he was so used being the reserved guy. Eventually he will tell some things about him and Junhyung to his best friend, but not everything. There are things that need to stay private. And he and Junhyung are barely starting their relationship. There are a lot of things to learn and experience before they can be that confident about how good they are handling each other.

 

Not long after, he remembered he was still making breakfast so he returned to the kitchen and resumed his cooking. About twenty minutes, Geurim walked in still in her pajamas.

 

“Good morning oppa.” His little sister greeted him from the counter. When it was just the two of them, they usually eat on the counter instead on the dining table. It’s easier and convenient this way.

 

“Good morning Geurim.” Hyunseung replied with a smile on his face as he placed her plate towards her with her food.

 

“If having a boyfriend makes you this happy, I should have found you a long time ago.”

 

“Stop teasing me and eat.”

 

“Oppa can my friends come over today? Don’t worry we will not cause any trouble. And I will do the chores.”

 

“I bet you will.”

 

“Yes they can come over. I’m going out at noon anyway so make your own dinner.”

 

“Going on a date with Junhyung oppa already?”

 

“Not a date. I’m just going to his ban

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter