The Story Of Us

TORN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I used to think one day we'd tell the story of us,
How we met and the sparks flew instantly,
People would say, "They're the lucky ones."

- The Story Of Us, Taylor Swift

 

As Hyunseung stirred up, he acknowledged his self being inside the confinements of his bed room. It is still at night time by the lack of brightness expecting to come through his windows. His only source of light is from the lamp at his bed side. He slowly lifts up his self into a sitting position while dragging the sheets off of his body. Suddenly, he doesn’t want to remain still. He wanted to do anything as long as his mind will give him the peace of not thinking about the previous events.

 

It was stressful and a handful to carry.

 

He wanted to leave it all behind now. Especially so much now—now that Junhyung is in the scene again—and with an answer. And if he isn’t being ridiculous now and a little ironic, he must stop having these unnecessary thoughts about someone from his past.

 

“Sunshine?”

 

He looked up and saw Gikwang standing at his doorway. His best friend closed it before letting his self in and sat beside him.

 

“How are you? Are you still feeling ill?”

 

“I’m fine Geeks. I was just exhausted from thinking too much.”

 

“I can see. Me either, I was totally shocked to see Junhyung again but Jiyong is way more close to hysteria. It took me a lot of will to keep him away from you, thankfully he still listened in the end.”

 

“I’m sorry for keeping it to you, Geeks. I was just so caught up with everything happening in rush and I really don’t know what to do anymore.”

 

“Hey, don’t stress out yourself further. If you need anything, I’m just here. I’m always here for you sunshine.”

 

Gikwang held him and Hyunseung always felt grateful towards his best friend. Even though the situation doesn’t concern him mainly, he still makes sure that Hyunseung has the support he needed from him. Hyunseung is more like a brother for him already and so sticking up with him is just a part of it.

 

“Thank you, Geeks.”

 

Simple three words yet Hyunseung meant it with all of his heart.

 

--

Stuffing his last piece of shirt in his luggage, Hyunseung noticed that it was the same white twenty one pilot shirt he had from Junhyung. It was right after the concert that the latter bought them a couple shirts and Hyunseung can only hold it tighter against his chest as he remembered the nostalgic moments from before.

 

They were so much happy and in love.

 

It hurts to let go however he must keep looking forward and not be stuck in the past. It will be only pointless to still dwell onto something that is obviously gone already. Now is the time for him to completely accept with a light heart that some things changed and needed to be set free.

 

He is setting Junhyung free if this is what it takes to be healed and fixed.

 

He placed the shirt apart from his luggage and found a brown box under his bed. There he added too the other shirts, jackets, scarfs that used to belong to Junhyung. The love letters, greeting cards, stuff toys, necklace and even the two sketchpads—all of their photos together, he smiled a little as he saw his favorite among all. The one they took with Olaf at their middle during Junhyung’s eighteenth birthday. Apparently his former lover gave him a lot of things that surprisingly he still keeps and the box is full now with everything that has a connection between him and Junhyung.  He is not entirely sure if he will throw the stuff away or if he’ll just leave it somewhere and locked it all up.

 

The latter is much a great idea, he guessed.

 

After all he will not be back to this place and maybe the next owner can throw his stuff away.

 

Buzz!

 

Hyunseung placed the box first on top of his bed before he went to answer whoever is at his front door now.

 

“Hara?”

 

He is honestly not expecting for her to be here at all. Not after the stunt last night. Maybe Junhyung already told her about everything and she is now here to slap him and warned that he must stay away from her fiancé.

 

She must not worry though. Hyunseung has no little intention to face Junhyung again, ever.

 

“Hyunseung-oppa? Can we talk?”

 

So far Hara is still calm and polite. Maybe later when he will close his door, the woman will immediately attack him.

 

“Sure, come in.”

 

But he still decided to be civil and casual and let her in inside his apartment.

 

Hyunseung guided them towards his couch and Hara took the chair across from him. And so they are face to face—but Hara is not looking at him directly instead she keeps on shuffling her hands at her lap. She is obviously nervous and Hyunseung caught that. Whatever it is that they need to talk about, Hyunseung is sure that is will be big and shocking.

 

He can simply tell.

 

“I’m afraid that our dance lessons are to be held permanently cancelled now.”

 

Only with the first sentence and Hyunseung is already taken aback.

 

“I’m sorry about all the inconveniences and troubles I caused, Hara. Don’t worry. I will return your paycheck.”

 

“Don’t worry about that.”

 

“I could still recommend you with another dance instructor.”

 

“Don’t worry about that too, Hyunseung-oppa.” Hara smiled at him bitterly.

 

“If you insist. But I feel very bad because you really want to do that dance. I’m so sorry for failing you.”

 

“You’re really a nice guy. No wonder Junhyung-oppa is so crazy with you.”

 

This made him instantly frozen.

 

What the is she talking about?

 

“There will be no more dance because there will be no more bridal shower..” Hara stopped and looked at him straight. “Because there will be no wedding either.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter