You'll Be Okay

TORN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stores by stores, Hyunseung continued to roam around until he found the right thing that will serve as Dujun’s present for his 26th birthday. He is now inside a clothing line store, still contemplating and judging well the designs according to his friend’s taste.

 

Once his attention was caught by a baby blue buttoned up shirt with dark blue linings on the edge, he reached out just in time when another slender arm did. He averted his eyes towards the owner’s face and saw a petite girl with long dark brown hair that almost reach her waist. She has huge eyes, probably bigger than his and her face is small with a slight tone of make up on. She is fairly pretty but Hyunseung could care less.

 

‘Oh, I’m sorry. Are you planning on buying this shirt?” The girl voiced out immediately her worries when Hyunseung didn’t let go, and since he is still a male, his tugging is forceful compared to her.

 

“Yes. Do you mind if I get this?” Actually he doesn’t care because he saw this first and apparently he is running out of time too.

 

“Is this for you? Not to be rude but it looks quite bigger on you.” Hyunseung mentally rolled his eyes. This girl obviously wants the shirt too.

 

“No. It’ll be for my friend. It is his birthday today.”

 

“Oh. I usually buy gifts days ahead before my friends’ actual birthday.”

 

I don’t care, really. He mentally sighed. “I’m quite busy with work lately so I didn’t have all the time in the world to buy silly gifts. Actually my friend should be honored because I’m buying him this.”

 

“I think it will look good more on my fiancé. He is coming home from New York tonight and he will surely love this.”

 

Upon hearing New York, Hyunseung flinched. He has still this natural reaction in which he will zone out a little whenever something is triggering him to remember his past seven years ago. What he experienced is one hell of a depression and it took him a while before he opened his eyes and consider about what and who he actually has at his side the moment he needed someone the most.

 

He spent almost two years in therapy for depressed people. He stopped schooling which seems to be reasonable. The therapy in deed helped him a lot and he was so grateful that he made the right decision to undergo or thanks to Mrs. Jang’s very stubborn personality for actually dragging him inside that facility. At first it was so hard and useless because Hyunseung was never willing however as every session passed, he can see it’ll not hurt him if he try and so he did. Two years after, his session stopped and he gladly came back to school. He took up Arts major in dancing, and right after graduating he tried his best to have his own studio and start a dance class catering only for children.

 

Now seven years after, here he is. Happy and contented in general—and almost healed—and still surviving.

 

“Fine, you can have it.” Deciding it is such a childish act to continue this charade, he let go of the shirt and gave it to the surprised girl.

 

Then he heard someone call for him from afar.

 

“Sunshine! I’ve been searching for you every where! What are you doing here? You know, your students are already waiting for you.” Gikwang is still the same, except he is happily married to Dongwoon now. Who would have thought, right? But Hyunseung already has his suspicions and so it is not that surprising anymore.

 

“You’re a teacher?” Hyunseung turned around and the annoying stranger girl from before is still beside him despite of him giving up the shirt already.

 

“Actually a dance instructor.” Hyunseung replied politely, just because the girl asked.

 

“Perfect! You’re who I need the most now!” The girl suddenly cheered and beamed with excitement at him.

 

It made Hyunseung immediately confused.

 

“I’m sorry but I’m running out of time now. I should leave.” He never intended to apologize but girls always misunderstood things and so he chose to be civil.

 

“Could you give me a business card at least?”

 

As much as he wanted to hesitate and not give his card, he is going to be very late and being with this girl might only cause him more trouble and so he fished out his wallet for some business car and lend it to the awaiting girl.

 

“Thank you so much..”

 

“..Hyunseung-ssi.” The girl glanced over the business card to get his name then smiled at him.

 

“And by the way, you can have this.” The girl tossed him the shirt while Hyunseung can only nod his head in astonishment.

 

“Thank you. I’m going now. Bye.” With one last final bow, Hyunseung left with the shirt on his hand and made his way to the cashier with Gikwang at his side now.

 

“What was that?” Gikwang asked curiously.

 

“Just an annoying girl who also wants this shirt for her fiancé.”

 

“Oh, is that for Dujun?”

 

Hyunseung nodded his head while pursing his lips as he took out his credit card and paid for the said price.

 

“Come on now.”

 

The both of them walked out of the store and towards the parking lot. Hyunseung drove off, dropping Gikwang first at Cube Café (owned by Gikwang and Dongwoon which usually serves as their meet up place) before continued his way to his dance studio.

 

His dance studio is not that big yet, but he wanted for it to be one day. With only two years of existing, it gradually became his life. Thank heavens, his passion for dance didn’t leave him and apparently it helped him a lot to recover. With the right people at his side and right job that he loved to do, Hyunseung is very happy now. He may be still wanted more but it can wait. For now, he is glad that he enjoys what he has and he will surely treasure everything he valued.

 

--

 

Like he predicted earlier, he is also late for tonight. The rest of them deci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter