Talk

TORN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were a moment in life that comes and goes
A riddle, a rhyme that no one knows
A change of a heart, a twist of fate
Couldn't fix it, it's too late

- Talk, Kodaline

 

As the hours passed by, Hyunseung borrowed some winter coat and scarf from his boyfriend since he didn’t stuff that kind of clothing yet over Junhyung’s place. After finishing the breakfast on bed, the couple remained for a few hours cuddling and just savoring their time together before Hyunseung insisted again that he wants to go outside and see the snow—maybe play a bit too.

 

Building a snowman and playing snow ball fight is super hella fun!

 

Junhyung’s neighborhood is actually perfect for them to stroll around. It has a park nearby full of Christmas decorations and lights. But the lights were still off since the sun is still blinding the sky with lightness. Maybe later when it is dark they can come back to have a view.

 

Hyunseung clearly put the thought at the back of his head to remind the other later. Or maybe he can do that now too.

 

“Hey, can we come back here later to see the lights?”

 

“Sure. I passed here once after I sent you home and the lights are really pretty. I know that you will like it.”

 

Hyunseung flashed his wide smile towards his loving boyfriend and immediately kissed cheeks despite the coldness of the weather.

 

“Thank you. Ah! How about we play some snowball fight now?”

 

“As much as I love you, I don’t want us to get sick. Especially you.” Junhyung for the first time declined his boyfriend’s silly wish.

 

Upon hearing it, Hyunseung’s smile faltered and replaced with an obvious pout to try manipulating his whipped boyfriend.

 

“No. It will not work this time.” Junhyung replied sternly.

 

Honestly he doesn’t want for the both of them to be sick. But Hyunseung is stubborn too, right?

 

“We can still build that snowman that you want though.”

 

“Really?” Hyunseung asked with the positive aura back at his expression.

 

Junhyung nodded then smiled sweetly at the pleading man at his side. He obviously can’t let Hyunseung down and he giving in into almost all of his requests is so hard to do. Seeing an upset Hyunseung is one of the last things that Junhyung wants to happen.

 

The taller man grabbed Hyunseung’s gloved hand to get up from the bench they have been resting for some time. He scanned the place for a perfect spot where they can build their snowman.

 

The park is a big place and the snow has been packed from all over the place.

 

“How about we build it over there?” Junhyung asked the smaller man showing some safer place.

 

“Anywhere is fine. Come on.” Hyunseung tugged him along and moved forward ahead of him.

 

Obviously the other is so much eager than him. If only he doesn’t love that man, he could care less about building a snowman in a public park.

 

“You build the lower part while I will do the torso and face. You also find some branches for the hands and nose.” Hyunseung instructed as if what they’re doing is some serious stuff.

 

Junhyung just agreed knowing he can’t do anything if Hyunseung has already been decided with their tasks. It took them about an hour before the whole snowman has finally come into life. Hyunseung was so happy he can’t erase the wide grin on his face and Junhyung is admiring it from afar. It is one of his promises to make Hyunseung happy and he was glad that the other is experiencing it now.

 

“Yay! I’m gonna take a picture of this for remembrance.” Hyunseung exclaimed while running in front of the snowman and taking out his phone to capture a very precious moment of their lives.

 

“Hey! We need to have some pictures together with Olaf too.”

 

“Olaf?” Junhyung raised his eyebrow in confusion.

 

“Haven’t you watched frozen? From what era are you, Jun?”

“I’m sorry. I’m not into those kinds of movies.  But what is exactly an olaf?”

 

“Olaf is one super cute snowman. Now stop being an idiot and asked some bystander to take a picture of us.”

 

Hyunseung can sure be pushy and demanding but what can Junhyung do? He loves that boy so much. Finally surrendering like the usual, he only scratched the back of his neck before asking some random girl who is standing not far away from them to do them a favor.

 

Hyunseung was so happy after looking at the pictures of him and Junhyung with Olaf at the middle. He didn’t forget to thank the girl who kindly snapped them some shots of course.  This is the first Yuletide Season that he felt so alive and with essence in his being.  If he didn’t meet Junhyung during half of this year, he is sure he is still the same asocial and introvert kid who only wants to withdraw from the world. He didn’t realize Junhyung completely gave a meaning to his life now. And he never regretted any single thing that had happened between his relationship with Junhyung.

 

“Are you happy now?”

 

“So much. Thank you, Jun. It’s your birthday and I’m the one supposed to make you happy not the other way around.”

 

“Bambi, when you are happy, I am more than happy too.” Junhyung said as he cupped the other’s cold cheeks with his gloved hands. He leaned in closer to kiss his beautiful lover before his damn phone rang and ruined their blissful moment.

 

“Great. Perfect timing.” Junhyung hissed while grabbing his nonstop ringing phone.”

 

Hyunseung on the other hand was quite disappointed too but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter