Latch

TORN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I feel we're close enough
I wanna lock in your love
I think we’re close enough
Could I lock in your love, baby?

Now I got you in my space
I won’t let go of you
Got you shackled in my embrace
I’m latching on to you

- Latch, Disclosure ft. Sam Smith

 

It has almost been three years since Hyunseung learned to cook. Yeah, since his father died. As he said earlier, he was the one left to take care of their family. Specially his little sister. Geurim may be a pain in the all of the time but for Hyunseung, she is still his baby little sister. And by baby he means he needed to take good care of her including satisfying her appetite. Since their mom was not at home most of the time, Hyunseung needs to stood up his or their stomachs would end empty or filled with non-healthy fastfoods garbage. At first it was a disaster. He burned a lot of eggs and hotdogs and Geurim would always be grumpy about how he and teased that eating outside was not that bad but as time goes by, the kitchen learned to love Hyunseung at last. He is even trying baking cookies and brownies when he has a spare time for her brat of a sister. He just loves that little brat so much he is willing to do anything for her. But of course he would never say that in her face. Ever. He prefers to put his feelings into actions than be vocally honest with it. That’s how he is. He just fails at words and speech. Definitely not his thing.

 

“Did you know that Hyunseung oppa makes the heavenliest lasagna ever?” Geurim happily beamed at Junhyung while preparing the dining table. Since his older brother does the cooking, she is assigned on doing chores. And Junhyung being the polite guy he is, offered to help the lovely siblings.

 

“And also baked mac, carbonara, sphaghetti, and a lot more of chicken and beef dishes I forgot what to call them I just care how they tasted!” She continued. Now grabbing some lemonade from the fridge.

 

“But he really at first.” Geurim giggled.

 

“I bet our house was very lucky it didn’t burn from all the failures he had from leaving the stove opened. Tsk”

 

“Well first times are always the hardest.” Hyunseung butted in placing the stake with baked potatoes on the table.

 

“Just let me wash my hands and we’re settled."

 

Geurim happily nods, very eager to ravish those foods in front of her. Hyunseung prepared lasagna and stake with baked potatoes for tonight.  The excitement in her was very obvious which makes Junhyung amused. He can see how his boyfriend is such a loving and responsible brother. One good point there for bambi.

 

“Okay. Dig in time!” Geurim once beamed when Hyunseung was finished and sat beside Junhyung.

 

“What do you want to try first, Jun?” Hyunseung asked.

 

“Hmmm. I want everything but let me start with the stake first.” Junhyung answered smiling warmly at him.

 

“Okay.” Hyunseung took the platter of stake and place a piece on Junhyung’s plate with some baked potatoes then did the same thing to his plate. Junhyung smiled at that small action. Hyunseung can really be a caring guy when he wanted to.

 

“Is mom not coming around?”

 

“She will be gone for the weekend. Some conference is to be held at Busan so she really can’t spend time at home.” Hyunseung simply answered his noisy sister.

 

“Just to ask you bambi, what is your family’s business?” Junhyung asked curiously. His boyfriend never mentioned it before so he wants to know something about his family.

 

“Our mom was a veterinarian but since our father died, she quit and took over dad’s business. But she is still running a small clinic downtown, checking it from time to time whenever she’s free but constantly she is at school.”

 

“School?” Junhyung continued his asking.

 

“Our dad owns a medical school. And for mom, that seems to be very important for her. She even chose it over us.” Hyunseung answered softly. Looking down on his plate with obvious hurt in his voice.

 

Junhyung noticed that and immediately held his hand for comfort.

 

“I’m sure she’s doing it for the both of you.” He squeezed his hand and Hyunseung let out a small smile indicating he’s appreciating Junhyung’s comfort.

 

“I would like to meet her someday.” Junhyung continued.

 

“Of course you will! What kind of boyfriend doesn’t meet their lover’s mom?” Geurim asked rolling her eyes trying to lighten up the mood.

 

“What can you say about my brother’s amazing cooking skills?”

 

“Like what you said, AH-MAY-ZING! Way way far from what the maids are serving me. I would almost want to have every meal here if you don’t mind.”

 

“Wow you are shameless! And did you just say you have maids? Oppa are you dating some rich spoiled brat?” Geurim looked over his brother.

 

“Yes, I am.” Hyunseung chuckled then look at his surprised boyfriend.

 

“I am not a spoiled brat bambi.”

 

“Really? If I say you will clean the dishes after, will you do that?” Geurim teasingly asked.

 

Junhyung look over at his boyfriend now with a knowing smirk on his beautiful face. He sighed before nodding.

 

“Only because bambi is here. Anything for him.”

 

Guerim on the other hand bursted in laughter.

 

“Seriously you already got him whipped oppa? Hahahaha!”

 

“As much as I wanted him to do that, I don’t want our dishes at risk. I bet they will all break from him.” Hyunseung answered laughing too.

 

“And the funny part is he is in his tux. Who even told you to wear a suit?” The siblings are both laughing and Junhyung was okay with that. He doesn’t mind Hyunseung is making fun of him, instead he finds it amusing hearing his wonderful laugh. And seeing that beautiful smile on Hyunseung’s pretty face. He will trade his pride and dignity for that. If only Hyunseung will always be this happy, he can make fun of him any time he wants.

 

“One of my maids said it would be more romantic if I wore a suit.”

 

And another burst of laughter from the two.

 

“Were it also your maids who told you to serenade oppa with flowers and chocolates and heart shaped balloons?” Geurim asked between her laugh.

 

“That was actually bambi’s idea.”

 

“I meant it to be sarcastic, Jun. Didn’t think you would really fall for that.”

 

“You are an idiot!” Geurim break another fits of laughter and Junhyung is trying his best to compose his self.

 

“But it was very wonderful. And romantic. I never saw Hyunseung oppa blushed so much until earlier. Thanks for that I have something for blackmailing!”

 

“Yah brat stop it! How dare you embarrass me and my romantic boyfriend?” Hyunseung glared at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter