The Giving Tree

TORN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If all you wanted was love why would you use me up,
Cut me down, build a boat, and sail away?
When all I wanted to be was your giving tree,
Settle down, build a home, and make you happy?

- The Giving Tree, Plain White T's

 

 

Hyunseung woke up way too early for his liking that day but he needed to since he just screwed around lately and he promised both to his self and Junhyung that he would do anything to make up his fault. Once was enough and boy, he did learn his lesson—pretty hard.

 

He must be very lucky to have someone like Junhyung. Who is forgiving and loving him despite his dumb in keeping up a relationship. Maybe Junhyung was really his other half since the other is the exact opposite of him. He could not think of anyone better than him anymore.

 

Looking at Junhyung’s sleeping face made his heart swelled more with intense yet unexplainable emotions. Hyunseung implicitly loves him but sometimes he thinks that Junhyung is too much for him—that he doesn’t deserve someone as divine as Junhyung. He was more aware that he is the black sheep in this relationship—that he is the ugly one and the bad influence. Junhyung meanwhile was beautiful and perfect and deserves someone better than him.

 

But you need to know more that Hyunseung is one selfish bastard.

 

He could not simply give up Junhyung.

 

The other would only be a great loss and Hyunseung is not sure if he could take something horrible like that will happen in the future. It almost happened and he never felt so scared than before. Losing his dad was something similar but he was glad that he still has his mom and Geurim. Losing Junhyung will completely leave him with no one. And that is scary as hell.

 

Even though he is well aware that nothing lasts forever, Hyunseung is still hoping that Junhyung and he would last long enough that it will be acceptable in his part if ever they’ll part ways. And if that happens, he could not be but more than glad that a Junhyung did happen in his life. He was like his own miracle.

 

In a kind of life were he thought love was something unbelievable, was something meant not for everyone, was something full of crap and cheesy stuff, he found his self deeply entranced by the idea of it unconsciously. Junhyung made him realize that he was wrong all this time. The moment the other walked in his life, it was like a wake up call to his part. A door opening for a chance that he will sure not regret experiencing it. But also a reminder that somehow, being alone is not worthy at all.

 

He could say that Junhyung was one of the best things that ever happened in his life.

 

And he owes him a lot.

 

Hyunseung caressed his boyfriend’s frowning brows (a silly habit Junhyung do whenever he fell asleep) before planting a soft kiss on his forehead.

 

He should get going if he doesn’t want another failure that could ruin his supposed-to-be wonderful relationship with Yong Junhyung. Slipping out from the bed silently, Hyunseung entangled their connected limbs and stretched first his muscles before gathering his clothes on the floor. He picked up Junhyung’s too and placed them in his hamper of dirty clothes. Staying over mostly at his apartment, Hyunseung has his own set of clothes left here in case he would need them. Though Junhyung will not mind borrowing some of his clothes, he still insists that he should have his own set of change here. Picking up a white band shirt, black boxer briefs and a kaki shorts, he made his way inside the bathroom to wash up his self.

 

They got pretty dirty last night though.

 

Who would have thought that Junhyung will turn into a y mothering beast whenever he is jealous? As much as Hyunseung loves the gentle side of his boyfriend, hell an aggressive and rough Junhyung is totally hot too! He even lost count on how many rounds they did because he was too drained and limp already to move and go on. It was pretty exhausted yet extraordinary too. And he would be a pretty little hypocrite if he says he didn’t enjoy a single thing last night because all he could remember were his shameless screams and moans and groans telling Junhyung to take him harder and faster and deeper and more and Ah, Junhyung, Please Don’t Stop, Yeah right there, I love you, I ing love you—and please, he should really stop.

 

Maybe they can resume later but right now he seriously doesn’t need a daylight when he should prepare other important things. Things like surprising his beloved because it is Junhyung’s 18th birthday today. As what as he explained to the latter before, he already planned on how they should spend this special day.

 

Walking towards the kitchen, he took out the ingredients from the fridge and cabinets that he bought from grocery earlier last night before they started their endless hot and steamy session of making love.

 

Hyunseung decided to surprise the celebrant with a wonderful breakfast on bed. Excuse him, he must be a very good cook but as he clearly remembers, he never made any food specifically only for Junhyung. Whenever the other came over at his house, he is making it for all of them four. And so he thought why not do it today? After all he is not only making up but he surely wants to do it for the other. Junhyung deserves everything in this world and if a breakfast on bed will make him happy, who is he to deny?

 

About almost an hour had passed, Hyunseung was already done.

 

The meal was pretty simple though. Nothing too extravagant with waffles with chocolate syrup, ham and cheese, omelet, and a refreshing orange juice. He honestly thought about having coke instead since Junhyung has this weird obsession over the said drink but after rationalizing the possible outcomes, he chose the healthier one instead.

 

He hopes that Junhyung could feel his love and passion in this simple treat. He wanted to make Junhyung nothing but happy and let the other appreciate that Hyunseung loves him too. Because lately, it was always the other way around. Hyunseung in nature is not romantic so doing stuff like this is completely out of his character.

 

But love did change him. And look at him now.

 

Placing the small tray on the bedside table, he noticed that the bed is empty.

 

Hyunseung knocked the bathroom’s door instinctively. “Jun?”

 

He can hear the water running so he guessed that the other is already showering. Even though he still go a reply.

 

“Yes bambi? You need anything?”

 

“Oh, it’s nothing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter