High Hopes

TORN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

But I've got high hopes, it takes me back to when we started
High hopes, when you let it go, go out and start again
High hopes, when it all comes to an end
But the world keeps spinning around

- High Hopes, Kodaline

 

[Junhyung’s POV]

 

I get it that today is the competition day, taking all the pressure in and setting the toll to the limit on everyone’s mood. The cold weather is not helping either and much worse is Seungho. We practically didn’t see the necessity to pick someone to lead our band since we usually get along together and it sounds simply useless looking back on how well we handle each other without serious bickering and punch on the face but today would really be an appropriate time to send us one now (who is not as stiff as how Seungho is acting). We would gladly appreciate someone since everyone is not amused of him bossing around!

 

He didn’t even allow me to see Hyunseung for crying out loud! Does he have a tiny idea how crazy I went when I do not spend some time with Hyunseung? He surely doesn’t because he would have not done it if he knows in the first place. His damn nerve for emphasizing that if there should be anyone who’s supposed not to screw around—it MUST be me! Capital and intense. Yes!

 

The frontman of BEAST. According to him. The load he is trying to push in me is not the kind of load that I wish to carry—I am not willing to carry.

 

“Man, will you loosen up a little?” I said as I placed down me electric guitar on top of a bass speaker after finishing rehearsing our last song on our playlist. Damn it! We’ve been doing it for five times straight! If he is not aware of the obvious, I am ing worn out already! Even bands on actual concerts take a break after their second or third song.

 

“We’ve been doing this all together for half a year now! We were going to be good. Just relax okay?” I am boiling on the inside but still tried to sound normal knowing that we are walking on clear waters now.

 

“I’m trying really hard, Junhyung. Don’t start with me.” Seungho glared at me from his place. His bass is still hanging around his torso. Dongwoon took a seat from a corner away the keyboards while Dujun is set at the back on his drums sending the both of us some tiring looks.

 

“Pick up your damn guitar and let’s start again.” He demanded still glaring at me.

 

The is his problem?

 

“Screw you! I’m not wasting my energy just because you’re ting out!”

 

I am so much pissed now. Why can’t he just quit being an and trust us?

 

I stormed out of the practice room and made my way outside towards my black pick up truck. It is chilly, glad that I come on a thick jumper.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?!” I heard his annoyed shout from behind me even before I got the chance to get in my car.

 

“Far away from you! Your stress is killing me!”

 

“Really huh? Running away to that little boyfriend of yours again? Since you started going out with him you neglected the band!”

 

That really set me off. How dare he drag Hyunseung into this.

 

“Hyunseung has nothing to do with this.” I backfired while clenching my jaw and knuckles. One more word about my boyfriend and this fist will be landing some pathetic face.

 

“Fine! Ditch us again! Like how you always do!”

 

“Man, that’s enough.” Dujun carefully patted Seungho’s shoulder to calm down.

 

Dujun looked at me for a while before nodding his head telling that I should probably go and he will handle Seungho now.

 

I also nodded my head for response to at least acknowledge his effort. I really need that. I need to get away for a while. I need a breather—a space—a piece of mind.

 

The first thing that I do was called Hyunseung but he seemed to be busy since he is not picking up and will only end up on his voicemail. This is not helping me. I decided that I would just stop by at his home.

 

When I got there, I was greeted by Geurim. The warm air from the inside really did help to calm me down.

 

“Hyunseung-oppa is not here. He left about an hour ago telling that he will just stroll the town for something.” She said as she placed a cup of hot chocolate on the coffee table.

 

“The cold weather is really awful. Have some. Go on.” She added smiling at me.

 

After dating her brother for several months now, she grew to be closer to me too. I am hanging around here almost everyday so Geurim and I eventually became friends then. And I am pretty close to their mother too.

 

“Thanks.” I smiled at her too while cupping the red mug to my lips.

 

“This is actually good.” I complemented.

 

“Why thank you. Hyunseung-oppa has been teaching me some lessons in the kitchen.”

 

“Really? How are you doing then? Got a boyfriend that’s why you’re suddenly interested in cooking?”

 

“You know damn well no one’s around so I can do anything I want to you. I could burry your dead body at the backyard without being noticed.” She glared at me from across. Somehow she is still scary. Always.

 

“Come on, I’m just messing with you. Good luck then. Hopefully you will be as good as your brother.”

 

“That’s not possible. I will never beat him in the kitchen. That’s his den. I’m not supposed to take it away from him.”

 

“If you say so.” I shrugged then had my last sip of hot chocolate.

 

“Did you try to call him?” She suddenly asked.

 

“Of course. He’s not answering.”

 

“Try again now. Maybe he’s not busy anymore.”

 

I nodded and took her suggestion. Like earlier, it just kept on ringing and ringing until his voicemail would appear. I sighed and shook my head as a no.

 

“Maybe he is with Gikwang-oppa? Did you try calling him?”

 

“I haven’t. But I will now.”

 

On the third ring he answered.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi Gikwang. I was just wondering is Hyunseung is with you? He is not picking up his phone and I’m over his house now but isn’t here.” I have this ire feeling in me that something is odd.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter