Feel Again

TORN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heart's still beating but it's not working
It's like a million dollar phone that you just can't ring
I reached out trying to love but I feel nothing
Yeah, my heart is numb

- Feel Again, Onerepublic

 

Hyunseung is a seventeen year old junior high school student from Seoul University. He currently lives with his little sister and mom. Sad but true, his dad already passed away two years ago from a heart attack and that could be consider as his most downfall moment. He was just fifteen back then, barely starting his high school life. Geurim, his younger sister was just thirteen and he utterly doesn’t have any idea how to handle such a shock. Their mom got pretty depressed and him being the eldest and the only man in the family now, felt that the responsibility is taking toll on him. Eventually he withdrew his self from everyone, except to his family. He just can’t do that. He needed to be strong for them. But when he is in school, like now, he would just silently walk around the halls, attends his classes without much interest and immediately goes home to escape this cruel little world.

 

Even though his life is not that interesting, he kept one thing for sure—he still dances. But not everyone knows that. Actually only his mom, Guerim and his best friend had the privilege to know. Because Gikwang dances too and basically that’s how they met and became friends. Speaking of the bastard, he doesn’t hang out with him much like before. The other is still reaching out for him but Hyunseung would just shrugged and kept silent most of the times. And speaking again of that little nuisance, he saw a note sticking up on his desk.

 

Party at my house later. Don’t say no sunshine!

 

Hyunseung rolled his eyes and mouthed a soft I won’t come to his friend.

 

“It’s the weekend Seung, come on! Loose it up a little will ya?” Gikwang whispered trying to hide his head behind the student in front of him from their boring teacher Mr. Park.

 

“Why are you throwing a party anyway? It’s not even your birthday.”

 

“Mom and Dad will be out of town for a week.” Gikwang said with a full grin on his face.

 

Gikwang is cute, definitely. Especially when he smiles and loses those small eyes and turns them into thin lines. Hyunseung loves his eye smile most. He even remember the first time Gikwang talked and approached him, he thought his heart skipped a beat.

 

Just a big FYI here, Hyunseung is gay, so what? Not really a big deal.

 

Back to his story telling about how he used to admire his best friend. It is just pleasant and overwhelming to see such a cute guy who barely knows him, and is in fact talking to him and is trying to be friends with him. He admitted to his self that he had a little crush with his friend at first but soon faded as days passed by and he is sure that Gikwang is a friend. Only a friend. His only friend. Thinking how not cool he became towards the said boy for the past he doesn’t know how long already, he felt guilty. Gikwang didn’t change a bit even after he shut everyone out of his life. He felt like a crap. He wants to make up at least. Hyunseung gave a small smile after.

 

“Fine what time is that?”

 

“Awesome sunshine! Come around at eight.” Gikwang replied still with a grin and his eye smile while wiggling his eyebrows.

 

Just to give you an id

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter