Chapter 18

The way with life

Two weeks had passed and a lot happened during this period of time. Life still went on as usual despite the daily hospital visits I made and disappointments I faced after anticipating Daehyun waking up. Heejun and I had patched back up together, going on dates every few days since Heejun was not that overly protective of me and sticky anymore. My feelings for Heejun were still stagnant, I knew that perfectly well but even though Daehyun was a coma, I wanted to prove to him that I “liked” Heejun all the same but I didn’t dare to go so deeply into a relationship with Heejun as days passed, I started missing Daehyun’s presence more and more and I was afraid that indeed, I developed feelings for Daehyun. However, I constantly chided that missing Daehyun was normal since I was a friend and a friend was supposed to care for another right? 

“Hey JungAh! Here again?” The nurse in charge of Daehyun’s ward asked as she changed Daehyun’s drip. 

“Yeah. How have you been?”

“Fine I guess. Life’s still the same anyway. Happy and sad things seen in the hospital but that’s life I guess. How are you?” The nurse asked back.

“The same? School’s crappy. I can’t wait to graduate!” I remarked. 

“It’s been quite a while, hasn’t it?” The nurse turned serious as she stared at Daehyun who was motionless except for the fact that his chest was gently heaving up and down, showing a slight sign of life within him. 

I nodded,” I wonder when he will wake up though.” 

“He’s lucky to have such a caring girlfriend.Most people leave patients in this state.” The nurse sighed. 

“I am not his girlfriend.” I chuckled.

“Oh really? Oops, sorry.” The nurse covered . 

“It’s fine, really.” I laughed. 

“Anyway, I have to go check on the other patients. Have a good day!” The nurse happily chirped before plodding out of the room. 

Once the nurse got out of the room, I slumped down on my routine chair beside Daehyun’s bed and gave a little sigh. 

“Hey Daehyun.” I greeted as I ruffled his hair then continued,” You only have about two weeks left till the deal is off, you know. You better hurry.” I gave a little chuckle but behind my cheerful disposition, I was extremely worried. Worried that Daehyun would be gone from the world. After all, he only had a 20% chance of waking up but I had to do all it took. 

“Heejun and I got back together but honestly, things have been awkward.” I confessed as i knew that Daehyun wouldn’t be able to hear me and soon, everything I felt came pouring out of my mouth and when I finished, tears were glistening in my eyes. 

“Oh gosh, why am I tearing up?” I chortled as I wiped my tears away and gave a little scoff.

“Won’t you wake up Daehyun? It’s been two weeks already. I miss you a lot but I really don’t know if I like you or something. I am trying to keep a strong front in front of you, you know but it’s not working out. I think about you lying here on the hospital bed whenever I am on dates with Heejun and oh gosh, I don’t know but I am in a mess.”  I shook my head and knocked my head a few times on the bed. 

Just then, my phone rang, making me jump a little as I took my phone out from my pocket. It was Heejun.
“Hello JungAh?” 

“Yeah?” I answered. 

“Where are you?” Heejun asked.

“In the hospital visiting Daehyun. Why?” 

“Have you eaten lunch?” 

“Nope.” I said as my stomach gave a low growl.

“I will come pick you in ten, okay?” 

“Sure. Bye!” 

————————

“How’s Daehyun?” Heejun asked once I got into his car.

“The same.” I shrugged nonchalantly but my heart cringed. 

“Oh. I should go visit him tomorrow. Wanna come?” Heejun suggested.

“Yeah. I come everyday anyway.” I agreed. 

After finishing our lunch, Heejun and I decided to walk along the London Eye to get read of the bloated feeling we had after our meal. 

“Has school been busy?” Heejun asked as both of us leant against the railing that overlooked the river. 

“Yeah. I think the professors conspired something to give us more homework.” I sighed.

Heejun chuckled as he patted my back, as if comforting me.

“How about you?” I asked. 

“Happy. I mean for that one week without you, I thought about us a lot and I realised I missed you a lot and here we are. I am glad we are together again.” Heejun beamed as he pulled me into a hug.

“But don’t friends miss each other too?” 

“But it’s different. It’s like a really constricted kind of feeling and your heart hurts a lot.” 

I thought about Daehyun who was lying on the hospital bed and immediately, I felt hat Heejun had said. , did I like Daehyun? 

 

 

Damn, I got a writers’ block. I just oh mannnn:( this chap is really boring. sorry guysssss. promise a better chap next okay? But i just wanted to update for all of you:) WOOP