Chapter 12

The way with life
I would really like to thank all of you who have commented, subscribed and even bothered to come read this story of mine and it really means a lot to me. Thank you so much!
 
"Daehyun, wake up." I shook him roughly as he stirred in his sleep and gave a little groan. 
"Just five more minutes." 
"You said that 15 minutes ago. Hurry up or I am gonna leave you here." I said as I jingled my keys on purpose.
"Oh damn." Daehyun cursed as he tried to neaten his ruffled hair and trudged wearily to the toilet. 
"The toothbrushes and towels are in there." I reminded.
Daehyun gave a little grunt before slamming the toilet door behind him.
He really had a temper in the morning. 
-----------
"Remember, tonight at 8 okay. I will meet you after psychology class." Daehyun reminded me as we walked into our school campus.
I nodded before both of us went
Our separate ways to our different classes.
"JungAh!" I recognised the voice to be Heejun's.
I waited for him to catch up with me when I noticed that he was donning a new hairstyle. His fringe was casually swept towards the right
and his hair was dyed blonde that made him look badass. 
"Cool hairstyle." I complimented, giving Heejun a smile.
"I knew you would like it. Sorry about last night. I missed you terribly." Heejun said apologetically.
As I thought back to last night with Daehyun, I felt guilt overwhelming me. When he was thinking about me, I was with Daehyun at home and as Daehyun stayed with me, he thought about me again. Though Heejun was ultimately my boyfriend, it seemed that I was giving Daehyun the boyfriend treatment for letting him stay on in my house however injured he was. However, I thought about how I had to have my personal space as well and swept away the guilt I was feeling. Daehyun and I are friends. Just friends.
" My dad's making Korean food at home tonight so I just wanted to invite you over. Besides, my dad wants to meet my girlfriend." Heejun blushed a little red.
"I was supposed to be going out with my friend tonight and I sorta promised him a long time ago so maybe another time?" I apologised.
Inside me, I felt really bad but since I promised Daehyun about the outing we were going to have today, I couldn't just ditch him for Heejun. I still had to stick with my principles.
"A he?" Heejun asked as he furrowed his eyebrows. "Who is he?" 
"Don't worry. He's just a friend." I assured Heejun(and myself)
"Oh well, haha. Have fun tonight then but I'm booking you tomorrow, all right?" Heejun laughed uneasily and immediately, I knew that Heejun was uncomfortable with me going out with a guy at night.
"Sure. Please help me tell your dad that I am sorry, I really am. Invite me over again next time, okay? I really want to try his food." 
"Of course! You are more than welcome at my house. Have a good day, JungAh." I noticed Heejun's disappointing glint in his eyes and I noticed that he was dropping all the I informalities with me. 
I guess Heejun was upset with me turning him down after not being with me for two nights straight and though I was feeling terrible about it, I still wanted him to know that though we were a couple, we had separate lives to lead.
---------
"Psychology was such a dread today. It was awfully boring." Daehyun complained once I met him outside the lecture hall.
I nodded in agreement as both of us walked out of the university.
"Where are we going?" I asked in curiosity as both of us boarded the bus.
"Just somewhere. You will see." Daehyun mysteriously said as both of us took the last two empty seats available.
"I bet Heejun asked you out again today." 
"How do you know?" I asked quizzically.
"It's like his daily routine or something. Man, he needs to know how to give you personal space." Daehyun shook his head as he clicked his tongue.
"Well, he's my boyfriend anyway." I replied.
"Oh right, your boyfriend." Daehyun emphasized on the word "boyfriend".
"Why do you even wanna lie? You are just hurting both him and yourself." 
"I don't know what you are talking about." I fibbed, wanting to avoid the question as I knew that there was no point hiding anything from Daehyun anymore.
"Suit yourself but the day you two get tangled into some deep mess. Don't say I didn't warn you." Daehyun said, before he looked out of the window.
I stayed silent, knowing that unless something miraculous like me falling in love with Heejun happened, there would be dire consequences. Now that I looked at my current relationship with Heejun, we weren't going anywhere. I was just being a selfish, lying to both myself and Heejun and it was unfair but I had my pride. I wanted to show Daehyun that I could last long even if I knew I wasn't supposed to. I guess I was going into rebellion from what my mother did to me but this was a battle. And I was going to fight it till the end.
---------
"Woah. This beach is beautiful."I exclaimed in awe once i stepped onto the soft white sand that allowed my shoe to sink in a little bit every Time I took a step.The salty sea breeze softly ruffled my hair and caressed my cheek as Daehyun and I walked along the seaside. I was shivering from the cold wind but i liked it. There was just a few other couples around, having their little romantic time and I loved the silence that engulfed me. I was away from the city and I felt that the air here was much cleaner and there was a sense of relaxation, away from the in petition london city life. 
"It's beautiful,isn't it? I used to come here a lot with my mother before I went astray and she would prepare lots of food for a picnic here." Daehyun reminisced.
"It must have been fun. I haven't even done anything like that with my family." I sighed.
"Sometimes memories like that make it eve sadder for you than not having them at all." Daehyun said as he casually kicked the sand while he walked.
"Anyway, were you born in London or did you move here or something?" I asked.
"After my dad left us, my mother wanted to forget the painful memories she had in Korea so she decided to move here since she has a few relatives here." Daehyun explained.
"I see." I nodded in understanding. 
"Let's sit by the rocks."Daehyun suggested as both of us steadily climbed up and sat by the seaside, enjoying the tranquil sound of the waves.
"Daehyun, do you really like me?" 
Daehyun stood silent for a moment before muttering a definite "yes". 
"I don't get it. I made things hard for you and you should get a girl who has been right with you from the start. Why me?" I questioned.
"At first, I thought it was just a passing crush but I started fallinG for you more and more. Nothing is ever perfect and your imperfections in all make me fall for you more because you don't hide them. I mean love is just weird and anything can happen. I just want to be sure of myself that I really like you though I know my heart says yes, I am insecure."
I nodded,"good luck then." 
Daehyun chuckled," for what?I am going to get you for sure."
"We shall see." I muttered.