Chapter 9

The way with life

Hey guys. 

i am so sorry but this chapter is one of my worst yet. My eyelids were practically dropping from the fatigue I was experiencing from a whole week of school and competitions but since it was the weekend, I wanted to give a read to people but I am so sorry if it wasn't what you expected though I promise the next chapter will be very crucial so please wait fror me even if i take long to update. Thank you for giving me strength through the comments and I am glad to share my passion with all of you here. Have a good weekend! 

 

"JungAh!" I heard Heejun shout for me across the hallway, causing people to cast judgemental glances at us.

"Hey Heejun." I greeted softly as I let him drag me to a corner in the corridor so that we wouldn't block the way. 

"Do you have any class now?" Heejun asked as he tried peering over my file to see my printed schedule. 

I shook my head and glanced at my watch. My next class only started 2 hours later, which meant that it would end late into the night since the lecture would last for about 2 hours. 

"Can we go out for coffee now? I didn't get much sleep last night and since we won't be seeing each other tonight, we can spend some time together now." Heejun happily suggested and I knew very well the reason why he couldn't sleep well. 

I nodded, letting him slip his hand into mine as we plodded to the coffee shop nearby. As usual, Heejun would occasionally adjust my scarf, blowing hot air into my hands to make sure that they wouldn't freeze up and these little actions made my heart melt more and more. He was such a gentleman.

"Since you are tired, I will treat you, okay?" I said, right before we entered the coffee shop. 

Heejun chuckled as he ruffled my hair. The me a few weeks ago would have scowled madly at

Him but now, I chose to accept it. Since I was living in a lie, I had to make the most out of it.

“How has school been?” Heejun asked, trying to strike up a conversation since we had been shrouded in silence for the past few minutes. 

“Boring.” I muttered. 

“That’s all? I mean come on, we have to know more about each other since we both know each other’s feelings now.” Heejun winked. 

I blushed in embarrassment and gave a little cough. I wasn’t used to this at all. 

“So, let’s ask each other more about ourselves, shall we?” Heejun suggested. 

I nodded as I stared at him, waiting for him to ask me some questions. 

“What’s your favourite colour?” 

“Turquoise.” I answered without hesitation. 

It had been my favourite since I was young. 

“What do you like to eat?” 

“Spicy stuff.” I said.

“How many family members do you have?” Heejun asked, making me avert his gaze. 

I stared at the ground uncomfortably and muttered,” one.” 

“One? Oh, I am sorry.” Heejun said apologetically. 

He continued,” Care to tell me who that person is?” 

I meekly answered,” My brother.” 

“Oh, you two must be very close.” Heejun chuckled awkwardly. 

I nodded. 

“But he’s sick. He has leukaemia.” I shrugged nonchalantly, but I was hurting so badly inside. 

“I hope that he gets well soon.” 

“Of course. We all hope that but sometimes, hopes never come true.” 

———— 

After a two hour massive lecture, I was finally released from school. The winter night sky was already dark and even with the expensive heating in the school, I felt a tad cold. I had not seen Daehyun in psychology and surprisingly, I was concerned for him. Was he sick? Or was he possibly experiencing bad days because of the loss of his mother though it was a few weeks ago? Wait, why am I even concerned over him? Yeah, I could have indirectly caused his mother’s death but that didn’t mean that I was tied onto him for life. Was I just sympathising with him? 

I sighed as the cold wind greeted me once I exited the university, causing me to shiver from the temperature change. It was going to be one of the nice lonely nights I deserved since Heejun had a family dinner tonight but I was a little insecure on the empty streets of London as there were recently many cases in London. I hugged my books tighter towards my chest as I trudged towards my apartment when suddenly, I heart someone shuffling slowly behind me. My instincts immediately kicked in as I quickened my pace but I heard the hobbling of the person behind me quickening. The person seemed to have difficulty walking as I could hear that every step he took was difficult. 

“AhJung.” A voice weakly called behind me. 

I broke into a run, afraid that it was one of those rapists that had somehow stalked me and found my name. My heart was palpitating and I was trembling, not from the cold but from nervousness.

“Stop. Please. Just stop.” The voice called out again, but this time, it was louder. 

Though I was supposed to be running away from the “”, I stopped running and looked behind, trying to see who it was. 

It was Daehyun. 

But not the Daehyun I expected.