Chapter 25

The way with life


This chap is quite crucial although it it really boring. And OMG, I am so annoyed. I am in the middle of my competition and my hamstring just got strained or who knows torn or something CUZ I insist on not getting a check-up. I don't want an MC://////// 
Do check out "Insecurities with love II" haha yes I have been promoting shamelessly but I just wanted all of you to go see it. 

2 years later.. 
"JungAh!" I heard Daehyun call as he flailed his arms profusely once he spotted me at the arrival hate.
I shook my head in amusement upon seeing people glancing at Daehyun but he was way too involved in his happy bubble to realise.
"Hey Mr-" before I got interrupted by a tight hug that forced all the air out of me.
"I missed you so much." Daehyun breathed into my hair as he gently my hair.
"Me too." I whispered.

 You wouldn't believe it but Mr Jung had won a whooping 20,000 from a lottery ticket and he decided to bring Daehyun on a trip to Europe. He initially invited me to join them on their trip but since Daehyun and Mr Jung had a lot to catch up on, I didn't want to be a wet blanket despite Daehyun's insistence of wanting my company.
Of course, I missed Daehyun a lot but what mattered most to me was how Daehyun and his father mended their paternal relationship and alas, seeing how both of them had large smiles on their faces, I knew that both of them had indeed grown closer to each other. 

"I will leave you two to your lovey-dovey time then." Mr Jung chuckled as I blushed a deep red and immediately pushed Daehyun away from me, earning a groan from him.

"It's okay Mr Jung, I think you two are tired so you guys should go home and rest." I smiled. 
"Oh okay sure. If Daehyun doesn't mind." As Mr Jung teasingly looked at Daehyun who was scowling in annoyance.

"Dad, you can go home first. I will be with JungAh." Daehyun immediately said as he grasped tightly onto my arm.
"And i don't remember you arranging  anything with me." I sarcastically remarked.
"Oh please, who was the one who admitted that she missed me?" Daehyun taunted.
"Oh well let's see I don't know." I feigned ignorance. 
"Oh stop it. I am dying from diabetes already. Just go already. Goodbye." Mr Jung said as he stalked off with the luggage.  
"Look at what you have done." I frowned.
"I bet you really wanted me to accompany you right?" 
"Whatever." I rolled my eyes before walking off.
"So where should we go?" Daehyun asked as he hung his arm loosely over my shoulder.
"I don't know." I shrugged. "Korean food? You have been out for so long." 
"Okay! I know of a great Korean place to eat at." 
-------
"So what did you do in Europe?" I asked as I gently grazed Daehyun's hair as he rested his head on my lap on the rugged sofa.
As much as how unappealing my house was, we didn't care. Having each other as company was more than enough.
"We saw the Eiffel Tower, went to the Lourve, ate lots of things and did lots of sightseeing. It was fun and I think I spent so much time with my dad that I totally forgot about how we walked on us last time." 
"That's good. I am happy for you." I nodded slowly.
"So what did you do when I wasn't here?" 
"Just normal stuff. Heejun transferred to another school and well, we had many tests and just, you know, the same old things." I replied.
"You don't know how much I missed you, okay? It was so pathetic, just hearing your voice over the phone but oh well, better than nothing but now, all's over." Daehyun smiled.
"I missed you too." I agreed.
"We are getting our results back in a week for our finals. What do you want to do after that?" 
"I probably wanna go into the scientific field." I mused before I replied. "How about you?" 
"Econs? I don't know but I hope I can be somewhere near you." Daehyun shrugged.
"Even if we are not near each other, we could always see each other every weekend." I chuckled.
"Every weekend? Daehyun gave a sudden outburst, sitting up, his eyes widening. "How am I gonna do that?"
"It's the reality of life, Dae. We have our own different paths and we just have lead then our way." I explained. "Besides, a whole week passes very quickly." 
"Dammit. I hate adult life." Daehyun cursed as he crossed his arms over his chest and frowned in annoyance.
"Oh come on. It can't be that bad." I cooed as I patted Daehyun's back.
"It is that bad, all right."