Chapter 15

The way with life
These few chaps have been rather stagnant,I apologise but they are really crucial okay? 
 
"Come on, say it." Heejun clicked his tongue intentionally, urging me to explain myself. 
We were in one of the corner cafes that had barely anyone and the only person to judge me was the shop owner who was staring at us behind her thick horn-rimmed glasses.
"I just didn't want you to worry about me okay." I sighed in exasperation as I pushed my fringe away from my face and downed a glass of water down my throat.
"Worry for what?" Heejun asked as he suddenly brought his hands up on the table, making the table shake from the force. 
"You are just really protective over me. It's good like I mean I know you really love me and everything's for my own good but I just don't want you to get upset." I explained.
"But if you know that I love you, why do you want to hide it from me? I know he's just your friend and Everything but lying just makes things worse." Heejun replied, a tint of frustration in his voice.
"Do you even know why I did that? That day, when I said I couldn't go with you to your dad's house, you looked really upset and yes, I know it's disrespectful to just reject your parents like that but I was just afraid you would get upset with me going out with another guy." I retorted, slumping down in my chair and crossing my arms over my chest.
"So all in all, you don't feel like I an dependable at all and you feel like I am just some overprotective boyfriend who can't seem to trust his girlfriend, is it?" Heejun said in a cold voice.
"Why are you being so sensitive? I just said that I worried that you would be upset that's all. I was wrong, all right. I am sorry." I yelled at Heejun as I stood up, annoyed at how he was reacting.
I was utterly pissed at how dramatic he was being although this was something so trivial. I knew that I was wrong to lie but I did it for us. I did it because I was afraid of the guilt I was going to experience. I hated guilt. I hated guilt because it took a toll on my pride. And why did I love my pride so much? It was because that was the last thing I could hold onto. What I could tell others I had, that I could say that although I had a broken family, I was fine, perfectly fine even. That's why I lied. And that's why, I lied to Heejun about the we went through. 
"Let's just stay away from each other for a week. I need to think. I really
love you, you know, and I want to last long with you. It's true, fights bring a couple closer but to bring us forever, we have to solve our problems." Heejun said, his voice a little shaky, before he walked out of the shop.
I sighed, and after making sure that Heejun was gone, I grabbed my bag and walked out of the shop.
"Umm.. You have to pay for the drinks." The shop owner called out.
"Oh right, sorry." I sheepishly apologised,handing her the exact sum of money. 
"Good luck on your relationship, eh." The owner grinned.
I nodded out if courtesy before heading out. 
Luck always runs out.
---------
The next few days at school, whenever I spotted Heejun along the hallways, both of us would purposely avoid each other and walk along the extreme sides of the corridors. I noticed that his hair was dyed back black and was back to his old style, he no longer held that cheerful disposition and his dark eye circles were much more prominent. I knew, that we were back to square one. 
"I knew that something would happen after that day." Daehyun smirked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.
"Get off." I scowled.
"I knew you two wouldn't last." Daehyun ignored my remark, continuing to put his arm around my shoulder.
"We are just thinking about things." I shrugged.
"So while you think, can you think about me too?" Daehyun asked cheekily.
"No, I have a boyfriend for the last time." I whispered harshly.
"I am serious. Can't you even think about me for just once? Just give me one month. One month, and if you have totally no interest in me, I won't ever both you again. Deal?" Daehyun asked, sticking his pinky
out.
"Deal." I answered firmly, wrapping my pinky around his.